Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Election Statements 20:36 - Jul 6 with 8323 viewsPhil_S

Seems to make sense to have a thread where potential candidates can place their statements as we have a few on here standing so please post them here...
Trust Election Statements on 20:36 - Jul 6 with 4706 viewsPhil_S

Heres mine

Stood down from the Trust board last year after 12 years as the board in general wanted to take a direction that I did not agree with. It has been obvious since we agreed a partial sale last summer that the Trust has continued to be treated with contempt but with a recent desire to right the wrongs created by the sale of the club I am ready to play my part in correcting some of those wrongs if elected by the members to do so. I have vast experience and knowledge of some of the events of the past which I believe will assist the Trust in compiling the strongest possible legal case and I recognise many of the errors made in the past and would relish the chance to overturn some of these.

Supporters of any club are the lifeblood and I have past records of standing up for those supporters including playing a key part going back as far as 2001 in the ousting of Petty. The Trust is only being fed “scraps” from the top table and after 15 years it is time to show that the organisation is better than that and we’ve got to bring the fans together to not give up without a big fight what we worked so hard for.

There is a generic statement never to go back but watching events of the past 6 months have frustrated me and I believe that I can add value to the fight ahead.
Trust Election Statements on 20:44 - Jul 6 with 4686 viewsDarran

Vote Cude and Sumbler.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Election Statements on 06:56 - Jul 7 with 4547 viewsScottishEddie

God not again, we need some people with ideas. Not ones who oversaw the take over by Americans and lied to us about Huw Cooze, I seen a book on the swans for sale Yesterday and had Cooze down as the editor, how much did he make out of that? Club must of signed off on that, handy when they are your mates?

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Trust Election Statements on 07:04 - Jul 7 with 4533 viewspeenemunde

Trust Election Statements on 20:36 - Jul 6 by Phil_S

Heres mine

Stood down from the Trust board last year after 12 years as the board in general wanted to take a direction that I did not agree with. It has been obvious since we agreed a partial sale last summer that the Trust has continued to be treated with contempt but with a recent desire to right the wrongs created by the sale of the club I am ready to play my part in correcting some of those wrongs if elected by the members to do so. I have vast experience and knowledge of some of the events of the past which I believe will assist the Trust in compiling the strongest possible legal case and I recognise many of the errors made in the past and would relish the chance to overturn some of these.

Supporters of any club are the lifeblood and I have past records of standing up for those supporters including playing a key part going back as far as 2001 in the ousting of Petty. The Trust is only being fed “scraps” from the top table and after 15 years it is time to show that the organisation is better than that and we’ve got to bring the fans together to not give up without a big fight what we worked so hard for.

There is a generic statement never to go back but watching events of the past 6 months have frustrated me and I believe that I can add value to the fight ahead.

You have had your chance and you took your eye off the ball, and when the going got tough you did a Paul Daniels and disappeared.
Trust Election Statements on 09:00 - Jul 7 with 4472 views34dfgdf54

I majorly begrudge rejoining to vote, but f*ck it.
Trust Election Statements on 09:43 - Jul 7 with 4434 viewsUxbridge

Trust Election Statements on 09:00 - Jul 7 by 34dfgdf54

I majorly begrudge rejoining to vote, but f*ck it.

Too late for this election. Membership list is closed for 2017/18.

And, yes, there will be one.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Election Statements on 09:47 - Jul 7 with 4429 views34dfgdf54

Trust Election Statements on 09:43 - Jul 7 by Uxbridge

Too late for this election. Membership list is closed for 2017/18.

And, yes, there will be one.

I rejoined start of last year but want going to renew this season. I may be still a paid up member, honestly don’t know all trust emails go straight to Junk.
Trust Election Statements on 09:53 - Jul 7 with 4421 viewsUxbridge

Trust Election Statements on 09:47 - Jul 7 by 34dfgdf54

I rejoined start of last year but want going to renew this season. I may be still a paid up member, honestly don’t know all trust emails go straight to Junk.

If you joined last summer then you're fine.

If you send a message to the info @swanstrust mailbox, they'll tell you either way. Afraid I don't have access to the membership list.

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Election Statements on 13:43 - Jul 7 with 4315 viewsPhil_S

Trust Election Statements on 07:04 - Jul 7 by peenemunde

You have had your chance and you took your eye off the ball, and when the going got tough you did a Paul Daniels and disappeared.

Can I count on your vote then?
Trust Election Statements on 13:43 - Jul 7 with 4314 viewsPhil_S

Trust Election Statements on 06:56 - Jul 7 by ScottishEddie

God not again, we need some people with ideas. Not ones who oversaw the take over by Americans and lied to us about Huw Cooze, I seen a book on the swans for sale Yesterday and had Cooze down as the editor, how much did he make out of that? Club must of signed off on that, handy when they are your mates?

And your prerogative as a Trust member is clearly to vote for any candidate that you feel more strongly in support of.
Trust Election Statements on 15:20 - Jul 7 with 4250 viewsAlgorfajack

Trust Election Statements on 09:53 - Jul 7 by Uxbridge

If you joined last summer then you're fine.

If you send a message to the info @swanstrust mailbox, they'll tell you either way. Afraid I don't have access to the membership list.

Hi Ux, Will we be able to vote via email, as there are a lot of us who are overseas. I am not due back until August 22nd.

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Trust Election Statements on 16:57 - Jul 7 with 4185 viewsUxbridge

Trust Election Statements on 15:20 - Jul 7 by Algorfajack

Hi Ux, Will we be able to vote via email, as there are a lot of us who are overseas. I am not due back until August 22nd.

Hi,
If your registered address is overseas then you'll be contacted via email I expect. If not, send a mail to info@swanstrust.co.uk so that the overseas member arrangements apply to you.

Trust Election Statements on 17:36 - Jul 7 with 4144 viewsAlgorfajack

Trust Election Statements on 16:57 - Jul 7 by Uxbridge

Hi,
If your registered address is overseas then you'll be contacted via email I expect. If not, send a mail to info@swanstrust.co.uk so that the overseas member arrangements apply to you.

Thanks Ux.

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Trust Election Statements on 20:34 - Jul 7 with 4041 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Phil and ECB will have two of my votes. Viv Wiliams will receive a letter alongside my voting papers as well politely explaining why I did not vote for him.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Trust Election Statements on 02:13 - Jul 8 with 3931 viewsDJack

Trust Election Statements on 20:34 - Jul 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Phil and ECB will have two of my votes. Viv Wiliams will receive a letter alongside my voting papers as well politely explaining why I did not vote for him.

Well done Dwight! You are voting for two vocal (and pro-active) members of the Jack Army community. I do believe that Phil made a misstep with his previous "professional silence" on the Trust but I suspect that he has learned that lesson.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Trust Election Statements on 13:48 - Jul 8 with 3816 viewsAndyNak

Confirmed this morning there will be an election

Nine nominations for seven vacancies

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Trust Election Statements on 14:40 - Jul 8 with 3760 viewsairedale

Trust Election Statements on 07:04 - Jul 7 by peenemunde

S/B Debbie McGee.
Trust Election Statements on 17:56 - Jul 8 with 3682 viewsswanforthemoney

Trust Election Statements on 20:34 - Jul 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

At least Viv Williams had the balls to say something when the Trust Board was being relentlessly taunted by the bloke in the green t-shirt.
Apart from Lewis and McDonald, the rest of them just sat there like lemons.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 18:28]

I stand in the North Stand

Trust Election Statements on 18:40 - Jul 8 with 3646 viewsOutsider

You said you expected some flack Phil and I am genuinely interested in your response to my questions below to help inform the voting.

I am surprised Phil you are standing. Please can you explain why, as Chairman of the Trust board last year, you authored the astounding document that recommended Trust members should accept a poor offer from the owners and not vote for legal action?

That document issued under your name was one of the most naive, one-sided, and farcical assessments of pros & cons I have ever read. Like sheep the majority of Trust members duly followed your direction and further cuckolded the Trust.

Both before and after Americans I and Americans 2 arrived on the scene during your tenure as Chairman, the failure of the Trust to adapt over several years from a fund-raising feel-good society (useful in its day) to a hard-nosed body to represent the interests of supporters on the important issues cannot be a happy legacy for you.

What would be different from you if you rejoin the Trust board? Has your judgement improved over the past 12 months? Can you provide some assurances that you have the courage and energy to pursue legal action against current and former owners this time, and with urgency?

The inaction of the Trust board under your tenure has reduced the likelihood of success and financial value of legal action. This is still however a fight that needs to proceed as soon as possible in my view.

Thank you for your time.
Trust Election Statements on 19:15 - Jul 8 with 3605 viewsPhil_S

Trust Election Statements on 18:40 - Jul 8 by Outsider

You said you expected some flack Phil and I am genuinely interested in your response to my questions below to help inform the voting.

I am surprised Phil you are standing. Please can you explain why, as Chairman of the Trust board last year, you authored the astounding document that recommended Trust members should accept a poor offer from the owners and not vote for legal action?

That document issued under your name was one of the most naive, one-sided, and farcical assessments of pros & cons I have ever read. Like sheep the majority of Trust members duly followed your direction and further cuckolded the Trust.

Both before and after Americans I and Americans 2 arrived on the scene during your tenure as Chairman, the failure of the Trust to adapt over several years from a fund-raising feel-good society (useful in its day) to a hard-nosed body to represent the interests of supporters on the important issues cannot be a happy legacy for you.

What would be different from you if you rejoin the Trust board? Has your judgement improved over the past 12 months? Can you provide some assurances that you have the courage and energy to pursue legal action against current and former owners this time, and with urgency?

The inaction of the Trust board under your tenure has reduced the likelihood of success and financial value of legal action. This is still however a fight that needs to proceed as soon as possible in my view.

Thank you for your time.

These questions have all been answered several times over? The answers wont change.

The Trust board (collective, myself included) believed that the deal being recommended was the best course of action so it was recommended. The documents issued were pulled together with full agreement from the legal side of the Trust with pros and cons for each solution with our recommendation.

What is different? Well, I just point you to my section statement which I think covers this. I believe my input on here over the past few months gives you a view as to where I stand so again I just run the risk of repeating things over and over again with some different words.

I don't believe that the inaction has reduced the likelihood of success and financial value and neither do I believe does the legal team although that would be a question for those who have been involved the last six months

As with every other member who has a vote I ask them to read the candidate statements and make their statements based on these

This post has been edited by an administrator
Trust Election Statements on 19:32 - Jul 8 with 3570 viewsSwanzay

Sorry to say, but I don't think it appropriate for Phil to be reappointed, they need new thoughts and wisdom. The Trust is a complete non entity as it is without going back in time and previous errors that brought the trust to where it is today....

No disrespect to Phil, I'm more that sure he has good intentions at heart!
Trust Election Statements on 19:39 - Jul 8 with 3556 viewsPhil_S

Trust Election Statements on 19:32 - Jul 8 by Swanzay

Sorry to say, but I don't think it appropriate for Phil to be reappointed, they need new thoughts and wisdom. The Trust is a complete non entity as it is without going back in time and previous errors that brought the trust to where it is today....

No disrespect to Phil, I'm more that sure he has good intentions at heart!

As a member completely your prerogative to make that call.
Trust Election Statements on 20:02 - Jul 8 with 3518 viewspeenemunde

Go and ask any Swans fan what the trust does these days and I’d bet the vast, vast majority wouldn’t have a clue.

What exactly do they do ?
Trust Election Statements on 21:18 - Jul 8 with 3449 viewsKilkennyjack

Trust Election Statements on 20:36 - Jul 6 by Phil_S

Heres mine

The Trust is much stronger with Sir Phil on board.

Clearly Phil has lots to offer and i - and many others - have every confidence in Phil.

Thanks for posting that Sir Phil.

Beware of the Risen People

Trust Election Statements on 21:34 - Jul 8 with 3427 viewsDarran

Trust Election Statements on 21:18 - Jul 8 by Kilkennyjack

The Trust is much stronger with Sir Phil on board.

Clearly Phil has lots to offer and i - and many others - have every confidence in Phil.

Thanks for posting that Sir Phil.

Well said my dear chum.

Vote Cude and Sumbler.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024