Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garin Jenkins Article 11:24 - Jul 7 with 1890 viewsPentyrchJack

A lovely story about a really lovely man, someone who fronted up and loved his club the All Whites.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/extraordinary-true-story-ga

It's a shame that football doesn't have people as honest and grafting as Garin always was on the field.

I remember that day match at the Arms Park when Garin's dad had a heart attack in the terrace and Gwyn Jones suffered that awful neck injury.

Certainly one of the most memorable matches I went to for all the wrong reasons.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Garin Jenkins Article on 11:35 - Jul 7 with 1873 viewsdickythorpe

A tremendous player and looks fitter now than ever! Obviously has had his demons but if his faith is helping him be a good man and a proactive man then good!
I was at that game in '97 and it was horrible.
He was without doubt the best hooker the All Whites ever had, the likes of him, santa, webby and stu hardened them up.
Great days.
Garin Jenkins Article on 11:39 - Jul 7 with 1866 viewsPentyrchJack

Garin Jenkins Article on 11:35 - Jul 7 by dickythorpe

A tremendous player and looks fitter now than ever! Obviously has had his demons but if his faith is helping him be a good man and a proactive man then good!
I was at that game in '97 and it was horrible.
He was without doubt the best hooker the All Whites ever had, the likes of him, santa, webby and stu hardened them up.
Great days.

Spot on Dicky - remember Deano?

Garin Jenkins Article on 11:42 - Jul 7 with 1863 viewstheloneranger

Brilliant story.

A great long time quiz question in that story ...

Who was the last miner to play for Wales??

Today's prima donnas haven't got a clue!!
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 15:56]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Garin Jenkins Article on 11:46 - Jul 7 with 1854 viewsPentyrchJack

I know this doesn't involve Garin as he was with Whites but do you remember this remarkable Ponty game in Brive - the infamous " battle of Brive"?

Garin Jenkins Article on 11:51 - Jul 7 with 1847 viewsdickythorpe

Dean Thomas was a pocket battle ship! A good laugh off the field as well. Liked a beer but trained hard. He had a younger brother who liked a beer as well.
Garin Jenkins Article on 12:44 - Jul 7 with 1767 viewsTNT

Big Swans fan, too!

I remember celebrating a goal at The Vetch, in the days when the terrace was full and we'd randomly jump all over complete strangers, standing around us, when we scored / won! I did that once and it was Garin Jenkins in front of me. So, if he remembers a complete loon once climbing all over him when The Swans scored... it was probably me!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Garin Jenkins Article on 13:30 - Jul 7 with 1731 viewspikeypaul

I was talking to Mike Ruddock a couple of years ago and he told me Garin was the most important and inspirational player he had in any of his teams he described him has the glue of his team and the 1st name on the team sheet every time.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024