Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pets at Home store 11:30 - Jul 7 with 10720 viewsLord_Bony

Warra pelava.

I only wanted to buy a shrimp for the bottom of my fish tank to help keep it clean. I was in a rush with people waiting in the car outside. It took 20 minutes for them to get the shrimp and I had to wait for someone to come with a questionnaire.it cost £3.

I was then grilled for several minutes with questions such as...

How many fish are in the tank? What fish are they? How long have you had them? What is the water capacity of the tank? Will you be taking the shrimp home immediateley?Etc. Name,address,phone number,email feck me it went on and on...

I told the assistant I'm buying a shrimp not adopting a dog for life ffs.

After all that the shrimp seems to have disappeared in the tank.

Is all this political correctness really necessary? I mean we eat shrimps by the bucket load.

I've a good mind to write to my M.P.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Pets at Home store on 15:31 - Jul 10 with 1131 viewsE20Jack

Pets at Home store on 14:33 - Jul 10 by Lord_Bony

Yeah but what about all the live pet food available at Pets at Home and numerous websites.

All live creatures being fed to those nasty pets at home.

My heart bleeds for these creatures as they deserve to live too.

Is there no one who can speak out for these poor,defenceless beings.

What do you mean “what about them”?

It’s awful. Many speak out for the treatment of creatures by these companies and by humans in general.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Pets at Home store on 15:36 - Jul 10 with 1131 viewsE20Jack

Pets at Home store on 14:53 - Jul 10 by Highjack

I have literally no idea why you’re arguing with me when I completely agreed there are lots of animals that show high levels of intelligence. I was merely answering Humpty’s question and you jump down my throat for no reason saying I ignore science when science has shown that all the animals I listed have intelligence comparable to or greater than pigs and three year old children.

You are very touchy HJ, I am not arguing with you nor jumping down your throat. We are having a conversation are we not? A conversation that follows a similar pattern everytime animal welfare and cruelty comes up. I state how deplorable it is, you get defensive and spend most of the thread trying to be funny, I wouldn’t say that constitutes an argument though.

The question was “more than” not considered equal to.

Pets at Home store on 16:21 - Jul 10 with 1104 viewsHighjack

Pets at Home store on 15:36 - Jul 10 by E20Jack

You are very touchy HJ, I am not arguing with you nor jumping down your throat. We are having a conversation are we not? A conversation that follows a similar pattern everytime animal welfare and cruelty comes up. I state how deplorable it is, you get defensive and spend most of the thread trying to be funny, I wouldn’t say that constitutes an argument though.

The question was “more than” not considered equal to.

Point me to the part of this thread where science disagrees with me and also which bit have I defended deplorable animal cruelty?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Pets at Home store on 19:31 - Jul 10 with 1059 viewsThursday

Pets at Home store on 10:00 - Jul 10 by TheFranchise

I'm going to start eating vegans

Not enough protein for you, I'd imagine.
Pets at Home store on 19:55 - Jul 10 with 1036 viewsE20Jack

Pets at Home store on 16:21 - Jul 10 by Highjack

Point me to the part of this thread where science disagrees with me and also which bit have I defended deplorable animal cruelty?

Oh that’s easy:-

1) The industry that violently and needlessly destroys the lives of these sentient and intelligent beings, while subjecting then to horrendous cruelty is something you fund and actively support - while ridiculing (or trying your best to) the stance against it.

2) Show me where science says all of the animals you list have higher intelligence than a pig. With supporting papers would help (to continue the theme/standard of the thread thus far).

Pets at Home store on 09:24 - Jul 11 with 941 viewsLord_Bony

Pets at Home store on 15:31 - Jul 10 by E20Jack

What do you mean “what about them”?

It’s awful. Many speak out for the treatment of creatures by these companies and by humans in general.

I were avin a laff like.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Pets at Home store on 09:31 - Jul 11 with 931 viewsE20Jack

Pets at Home store on 09:24 - Jul 11 by Lord_Bony

I were avin a laff like.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Ah, before my time that.

Pets at Home store on 09:50 - Jul 11 with 917 viewsShaky

Nice to see a topic Dim can really get his teeth into.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Login to get fewer ads

Pets at Home store on 10:40 - Jul 11 with 896 viewsE20Jack

Pets at Home store on 09:50 - Jul 11 by Shaky

Nice to see a topic Dim can really get his teeth into.

Ah well if it isn’t the king of obsessive compulsion.

Welcome, I was wondering whether you would get involuntarily compelled to make any sort of comment you could in order to be noticed by me. Shouldn’t have been in question really.

But as mentioned. Welcome.

Pets at Home store on 11:41 - Jul 11 with 881 viewsHighjack

Pets at Home store on 19:55 - Jul 10 by E20Jack

Oh that’s easy:-

1) The industry that violently and needlessly destroys the lives of these sentient and intelligent beings, while subjecting then to horrendous cruelty is something you fund and actively support - while ridiculing (or trying your best to) the stance against it.

2) Show me where science says all of the animals you list have higher intelligence than a pig. With supporting papers would help (to continue the theme/standard of the thread thus far).

How do I fund it? I’ve never even been to pets at home. And I haven’t mentioned it on this thread either.

You’re mad.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Pets at Home store on 12:00 - Jul 11 with 872 viewsE20Jack

Pets at Home store on 11:41 - Jul 11 by Highjack

How do I fund it? I’ve never even been to pets at home. And I haven’t mentioned it on this thread either.

You’re mad.

“It”? What do you mean by “it”?

Where in my post did I mention Pets at Home? Aye I’m the mad one.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 12:34]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024