Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Penlan Leisure Centre Gym 16:39 - Jul 7 with 2383 viewsDDCH

Just looking for some advice as looking to join a gym, as been on a weight loss regime, and want to mix some cardio and weights.

Are the facilities there any good? on paper it looks good, as the pool is included too, but is it that good in reality?

Any advice/personal experiences appreciated

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Penlan Leisure Centre Gym on 16:44 - Jul 7 with 2379 viewsLeonWasGod

Pool's ok, been there a few times but mostly for kids parties. They've got a cool inflatable play area, but that might not be what you want!

Good to have the pool option though, as swimming is a great compliment to weights - all over body and heart workout without any pressure on the joints.

Haven't used the gym.
Penlan Leisure Centre Gym on 16:53 - Jul 7 with 2356 viewsTheFranchise

I train there. What do you want to know?
Penlan Leisure Centre Gym on 17:10 - Jul 7 with 2336 viewsDDCH

Thanks both. @TheFranchise I am just wanting to use some cardio machines in the gym and start using some weights as well. Just wondering how well equipped it is, and how packed it is.

I tried "The Gym" in town, but I found the weight and cables were always busy, and when you did get on them you were always being pushed with "how many sets left" when on the first set. So just trying to get a feel for is it value for money.

I am not experienced at all, so will be hoping to take advice from their staff etc too.

Pool-wise, I can swim (of sorts) and am hoping to be able to use that to help the cardio and improve my ability, so again what's it like? is it always booked out, or full of mental lane swimmers who get lane rage at a doggy paddler

Thanks again

Penlan Leisure Centre Gym on 18:00 - Jul 7 with 2292 viewsTheFranchise

Penlan Leisure Centre Gym on 17:10 - Jul 7 by DDCH

Thanks both. @TheFranchise I am just wanting to use some cardio machines in the gym and start using some weights as well. Just wondering how well equipped it is, and how packed it is.

I tried "The Gym" in town, but I found the weight and cables were always busy, and when you did get on them you were always being pushed with "how many sets left" when on the first set. So just trying to get a feel for is it value for money.

I am not experienced at all, so will be hoping to take advice from their staff etc too.

Pool-wise, I can swim (of sorts) and am hoping to be able to use that to help the cardio and improve my ability, so again what's it like? is it always booked out, or full of mental lane swimmers who get lane rage at a doggy paddler

Thanks again

It's very much a community LC, the gym is well stocked and it does have the usual peak times. You get the gym, pool and classes in all council centres so its really flexible.

Some of the staff are great, very knowledgeable and if you join, I'll tell you which to avoid.
Penlan Leisure Centre Gym on 18:26 - Jul 7 with 2274 viewsAguycalledJack

If your looking for cardio and weight use. I’d give circuit training classes a go. All set up for you and you can work to your own speed and level on each station and if you are struggling, the instructors would be able to give you an easier alternative until you build your stamina up. Also great for fat burn.

Penlan and penyrheol have great classes and each would be included in your membership, as would Morriston.
Penlan Leisure Centre Gym on 11:51 - Jul 8 with 2181 viewsDDCH

Thanks both, I will be looking at joining next week I think. Will look at the circuit thing too but am not a massive one for classes

I have lost a load of weight through a DIY fitness regime that mainly has been outside, but am struggling with the heat so the aircon nature of a gym is very attractive right now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024