Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England fans,serious questions,no trolling. 19:30 - Jul 7 with 1049 viewsomarjack

1-Why are English players never in demand..I mean really never by clubs outside of the Prem? Not even the "best" players (Kane,Sterling etc) are in demand by big foreign clubs (Madrid,Barca,Juve etc)..how come if they're supposed to be sooo good?

2-Why is the Prem the league with the highest percentage of foreigners in the world? About 2/3 of players are not English. And the only reason is because the FA set some "homegrown criteria" of some sort that clubs have to abide with. And usually,barring few exceptions,The English players are always the worst performers in their clubs. Being mostly deployed as squad players and such.

Opinions are appreciated.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

England fans,serious questions,no trolling. on 20:25 - Jul 7 with 1006 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'd imagine it is because most English players would not be paid as well abroad. That likely answers question two as well, even mediocre players are paid ridiculous sums of money in the Premier League compared to what they would earn in other countries.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

England fans,serious questions,no trolling. on 20:28 - Jul 7 with 996 viewsFireboy2

1. They are not exceptionally brilliant ala bale

2. Its the best paid league in the world
England fans,serious questions,no trolling. on 21:21 - Jul 7 with 937 viewsswanforthemoney

I believe some English players have played abroad, Omar. Can you name some?
You seem particularly ignorant, and may not know any. You can use google if you like

I stand in the North Stand

England fans,serious questions,no trolling. on 21:41 - Jul 7 with 903 viewsmonmouth

England fans,serious questions,no trolling. on 21:21 - Jul 7 by swanforthemoney

You seem particularly ignorant, and may not know any. You can use google if you like

Not English, as I wouldn't want to interfere, but my favourite story is Ian Rush - even though he denies it now, of course. Apparently when asked what it was like to play in Italy, he said, 'It's like playing in a foreign country'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

England fans,serious questions,no trolling. on 22:05 - Jul 7 with 871 viewsjackrabbit

England fans,serious questions,no trolling. on 21:21 - Jul 7 by swanforthemoney

There was a chap at Barcelona called Lineker once. I believe another chap called Beckham played for R Madrid. Steve Macnanaman was a huge hit in Spain in the 80s. And I'm old enough to remember the great Jimmy Greaves at Turin, and Gerry Hitchens at Inter, both in the 60s. There are loads of others. It's slowed down a bit since the Premier League was formed for the reasons mentioned above. Non-English include Denis Law and John Charles of course, and obviously G Bale.
England fans,serious questions,no trolling. on 22:14 - Jul 7 with 860 viewsProfessor

England fans,serious questions,no trolling. on 22:05 - Jul 7 by jackrabbit

There was a chap at Barcelona called Lineker once. I believe another chap called Beckham played for R Madrid. Steve Macnanaman was a huge hit in Spain in the 80s. And I'm old enough to remember the great Jimmy Greaves at Turin, and Gerry Hitchens at Inter, both in the 60s. There are loads of others. It's slowed down a bit since the Premier League was formed for the reasons mentioned above. Non-English include Denis Law and John Charles of course, and obviously G Bale.

Plenty have played in Serie A when it paid more. Platt, Ince, Gasgoine, Boothroyd et al. Keegan and Lambert (albeit Scots) in the Bundesliga. Owen, Beckham, Hughes, Lineker etc in Spain and Chris Waddle at Marseille. More money in PL so little need to leave
England fans,serious questions,no trolling. on 22:18 - Jul 7 with 844 viewsjasper_T

Surely there are better forums to go discuss the English national team on.
England fans,serious questions,no trolling. on 00:30 - Jul 8 with 754 viewsKerouac

David Beckham,
Michael Owen,
Steve McManaman,
Paul Ince,
David Platt,
Paul Gascoigne,
Trevor Steven,
Chris Waddle,
Gary Lineker,
Mark Hately,
Laurie Cunningham,
Tony Dorigo,
Des Walker,
Trevor Francis,
Kevin Keegan,
Ray Wilkins,
Ashley Cole,
Gerry Hitchens,
Jimmy Greaves,
Luther Blissett,
Glenn Hoddle,
Jonathan Woodgate,
Les Ferdinand,
Duncan McKenzie,
Michael Mancienne,
Anton Ferdinand,
Eric Dier,
Ezekiel Fryers,
David Bentley,
Joey Barton,
Carl Court,
Owen Hargreaves,
Mark Farrington,
Peter Hobday,
Dave Watson,
Tony Woodcock,
Eric Dier,
Charles Adcock,
Joe Baker,
Jay Bothroyd,
Franz Carr,
Nathaniel Chalobah,
Gordan Cowans,
Danny Dichio,
Paul Elliot,
Joe Hart,
William Jordan,
Ravel Morrison,
Micah Richards,
Paul Rideout,
Lee Sharp,
Dalian Atkinson,
Mark Draper,
Peter Barnes,
Sammy Lee,
Adrian Heath,
Jermaine Pennant,
Kevin Richardson,
Vinny Samways,
Clive Allen,
Joe Cole,
Chris Kiwomya,
Chris Makin,
Graeme Rix,
Bryan Stein......there are lots more.

Off the top of my head...I have seen transfer links from big European clubs for;
- Harry Kane
- Raheem Sterling
- Dele Ali
- Kyle Walker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

England fans,serious questions,no trolling. on 00:38 - Jul 8 with 742 viewsomarjack

It's very clear that England produced quality players with top attitudes over the years.

But I'm talking about our current times and active players.

I can only think of Joe Hart's loan to Torino and Lookman's loan to Leipzig. that's about it.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

England fans,serious questions,no trolling. on 00:59 - Jul 8 with 734 viewsE20Jack

The same reason why not many English players end up in France, Germany, Italy, China... anywhere.

They are already in the best league in the world.

They are already in the highest paid league in the world.

English people in general find it hard to adapt to other languages, so moves never get past the initial agent approach, which is why you don’t hear of offers that much.

That being said, Kane has been heavily linked to Real Madrid for at least the last year.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024