Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phishing emails 21:53 - Jul 7 with 1089 viewsJimmyGilligan

There is a new, very professional paypal scam email that is doing the rounds. I just received one saying I had sent a payment to some random company, and it ALMOST caught me out.

If you receive an email that looks like it's from paypal, don't click on any links in the email and look at the address it came from closely. The address this one came from was receipt@intl.paypai.com.

If you click on those links and enter your bank details into the site they will clean out your account in a matter of hours.

Just forward any email you think is a scam to spoof@paypal.co.uk
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 21:58]
Phishing emails on 21:56 - Jul 7 with 1076 viewsmoonie

Good post
Phishing emails on 22:52 - Jul 7 with 986 viewsLoyal

Never reply to an e-mail from a financial institution no matter who it is.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Phishing emails on 10:04 - Jul 8 with 858 viewsJackfath

Phishing emails on 22:52 - Jul 7 by Loyal

Never reply to an e-mail from a financial institution no matter who it is.

Is the correct answer. If they are that keen on getting hold of you they will send you a traditional letter.

These scams catch the old and vulnerable though.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Phishing emails on 10:07 - Jul 8 with 855 viewsmoonie

Older people tend to be more freaked out by official looking stuff or phone calls from companies .

People want me,write me a letter .

Don't know the caller,don't answer .
Phishing emails on 22:45 - Jul 8 with 717 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Phishing emails on 10:04 - Jul 8 by Jackfath

Is the correct answer. If they are that keen on getting hold of you they will send you a traditional letter.

These scams catch the old and vulnerable though.

It's horrible, and quite appalling how the target the elderly who quite often get scared when the see emails of this nature. Gloria Hunnigord got caught out not so long back I believe

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024