Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust board elections - notification of ballot. 14:23 - Jul 8 with 10183 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Board Elections 2018 — Notice of Ballot
July 8, 2018

Nine nominations for the seven vacancies on the Trust Board had been received by the closing date. As a result a ballot of eligible Full Members will now take place. An eligible full member is a member who, on the 16 June 2018, had paid an Adult or Senior membership fee for the 2017/18 Season.

A voting form, together with the candidate statements of the nine nominations, is being posted to UK addresses later this week. Members may vote for up to seven candidates on the voting paper which should be returned, in the envelope provided, to be received no later than 5pm on Friday 27 July 2018.

We will be contacting overseas members separately.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 22:04 - Jul 15 with 1755 viewsAguycalledJack

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 19:42 - Jul 15 by Uxbridge

On the view of candidates regarding legal action, isn't it a bit of a red herring for now? Doesn't it really depend on what happens with mediation?

I can only speak for myself I guess, but how this plays out really depends on what the alternative to legal action is. Is there a deal to recommend to the members? No one can know just yet.

I don't think anyone who ends up on the Trust board could responsibly rule out legal action in principle though. Well, I guess they could technically, but it wouldn't make sense to me if mediation failed.

The point is, mediation is technically part and parcel of the legal process. Effectively mediation is a prelude to the actual legal claim We need people who will not roll over during the mediation process. If mediation fails then onwards with legal action and we need people who are used to the high end pressure that a boardroom can bring.
Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 22:04 - Jul 15 with 1752 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:55 - Jul 15 by DJack

McGlashan posted on this board around the time of the vote. He knows that it is big in our minds and for him to not state his position makes me mistrust him and his motivation.

I suspect that he is the slimey solicitor type.

He’s certainly a solicitor but he’s not at all “slimey”. I’m not sure why people have to make things like this personal in that way. Vote for him or don’t vote for him but come on, there’s no need of that.

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 22:11 - Jul 15 with 1731 viewsUxbridge

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 22:04 - Jul 15 by AguycalledJack

The point is, mediation is technically part and parcel of the legal process. Effectively mediation is a prelude to the actual legal claim We need people who will not roll over during the mediation process. If mediation fails then onwards with legal action and we need people who are used to the high end pressure that a boardroom can bring.

That first sentence, I absolutely agree. It is. Which is why I can't see why there would be concern regarding legal action being taken if mediation failed given that the former board kicked off the path to mediation. I always thought that a bit of an unfair criticism.

Understand the rationale of voting for those willing to take a stronger line, or with a higher threshold though. As I'm sure there'll be those who will vote for those with a lower threshold who prefer retaining the stake. I just think the debate isn't framed in the way it should be.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 22:11 - Jul 15 with 1728 viewsDJack

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 22:04 - Jul 15 by exiledclaseboy

He’s certainly a solicitor but he’s not at all “slimey”. I’m not sure why people have to make things like this personal in that way. Vote for him or don’t vote for him but come on, there’s no need of that.

The very future of the Trust is at stake here (and possibly the clubs). He is aware of our feelings and he avoids addressing them feelings . I may be harsh in my criticism but at least I'm addressing the major issue.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 22:21 - Jul 15 with 1690 viewsWhiterockin

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:29 - Jul 15 by MattG

Probably me being dense but what's the benefit of using less than the 7 votes you are entitled to?

As it's first past the post, surely it's better to use any spare votes for the least worst remaining candidates rather than leave them unused.

Why would anyone vote for someone they didn't feel were competent, just to use up their votes. TBH the thinking behind this is one of the reasons the trust is so far out of touch with what supporters require.
Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 09:51 - Jul 16 with 1599 viewsPegojack

I've voted for only three candidates, those who have stated or suggested they are committed to legal action - Sumner, Bull, Cude.

The only mediation I want to see is that which is absolutely necessary in the legal process. Let's take the fight to the Yanks and the dirty sell-outs in court. Nothing less.
Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 18:52 - Jul 16 with 1518 viewsAguycalledJack

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 09:51 - Jul 16 by Pegojack

I've voted for only three candidates, those who have stated or suggested they are committed to legal action - Sumner, Bull, Cude.

The only mediation I want to see is that which is absolutely necessary in the legal process. Let's take the fight to the Yanks and the dirty sell-outs in court. Nothing less.

If there is an agreement reached via mediation there will be no legal action.
Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 19:00 - Jul 16 with 1509 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 18:52 - Jul 16 by AguycalledJack

If there is an agreement reached via mediation there will be no legal action.

Strictly speaking you are correct although I would have thought that any agreement would come back to the members first for approval or otherwise
Login to get fewer ads

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 19:29 - Jul 16 with 1484 viewsUxbridge

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 19:00 - Jul 16 by Phil_S

Strictly speaking you are correct although I would have thought that any agreement would come back to the members first for approval or otherwise

Absolutely. Any offer, or move to legal action if mediation is unsuccessful, would have to go to the membership.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 19:30]

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 19:42 - Jul 16 with 1460 viewsAguycalledJack

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 19:00 - Jul 16 by Phil_S

I had thought that this would be the case. Thank you for clarifying.
Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 20:28 - Jul 16 with 1420 viewsajmcglashan

Given we only had 250 words I can understand that people may have some questions in respect of my nomination. I am happy to answer questions if people have any to clear up anything. In respect of the legal matter, I would like to add that I have already spent a significant amount of the past few months trying to get a just resolution for Trust members (together with several other board members I add). I am of the opinion that there is a process to follow but I remain open to all options if we cannot resolve matters outside of a court. Of course the members would need to decide on any such matters but I am determined that the wrongs that have occurred are set right. Apologies I maybe should have been clear on this in my statement. As to being slimey or not I will leave that for others to comment on...
Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:02 - Jul 16 with 1386 viewsGaryjack

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 19:29 - Jul 16 by Uxbridge

Absolutely. Any offer, or move to legal action if mediation is unsuccessful, would have to go to the membership.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 19:30]

Not absolutely at all! Phil stated that any agreement would have to go back to the members, yet you've just implied that the trust board alone can reach agreement by mediation!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 21:04]
Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:07 - Jul 16 with 1373 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:02 - Jul 16 by Garyjack

Not absolutely at all! Phil stated that any agreement would have to go back to the members, yet you've just implied that the trust board alone can reach agreement by mediation!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 21:04]

I don’t think that’s what he meant. If a potential agreement was to be reached during mediation the members would have to approve it before it becomes final.

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:11 - Jul 16 with 1367 viewsGaryjack

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:07 - Jul 16 by exiledclaseboy

I don’t think that’s what he meant. If a potential agreement was to be reached during mediation the members would have to approve it before it becomes final.

Maybe he didn't mean it, but that's what he said!
Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:12 - Jul 16 with 1357 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 22:04 - Jul 15 by exiledclaseboy

Agreed.

Not ‘slimey’ In the slightest.

Plus, let’s try to keep it civil.
Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:13 - Jul 16 with 1359 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:11 - Jul 16 by Garyjack

Maybe he didn't mean it, but that's what he said!

He said any offer would have to go to the membership?

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:18 - Jul 16 with 1324 viewsGaryjack

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:13 - Jul 16 by exiledclaseboy

He said any offer would have to go to the membership?

"If mediation is unsuccessful"
Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:23 - Jul 16 with 1307 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:18 - Jul 16 by Garyjack

"If mediation is unsuccessful"

“Any offer or move to legal action if mediation is unsuccessful would have to go to the membership.”

I blame his unnecessary comma.

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:35 - Jul 16 with 1274 viewsGaryjack

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:23 - Jul 16 by exiledclaseboy

“Any offer or move to legal action if mediation is unsuccessful would have to go to the membership.”

You're being far too kind!
Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:43 - Jul 16 with 1258 viewsShaky

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 20:28 - Jul 16 by ajmcglashan

Given we only had 250 words I can understand that people may have some questions in respect of my nomination. I am happy to answer questions if people have any to clear up anything. In respect of the legal matter, I would like to add that I have already spent a significant amount of the past few months trying to get a just resolution for Trust members (together with several other board members I add). I am of the opinion that there is a process to follow but I remain open to all options if we cannot resolve matters outside of a court. Of course the members would need to decide on any such matters but I am determined that the wrongs that have occurred are set right. Apologies I maybe should have been clear on this in my statement. As to being slimey or not I will leave that for others to comment on...

I have a question for you if you don't mind; how old are you?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 22:08 - Jul 16 with 1216 viewsajmcglashan

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:43 - Jul 16 by Shaky

I have a question for you if you don't mind; how old are you?

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 22:15 - Jul 16 with 1200 viewsUxbridge

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:35 - Jul 16 by Garyjack

You're being far too kind!

And you're deliberately misstating what i wrote.

What I wrote was crystal clear. Any decision is up to the members.

There's an offer from mediation? It goes to the members.

The board view that mediation has failed and want to proceed to legal action? That goes to the members.

Twist my words if you wish. That's been pretty common knowledge for ages mun.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 22:35]

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 22:19 - Jul 16 with 1184 viewsUxbridge

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 21:23 - Jul 16 by exiledclaseboy

I can't for the life of me see how that post could have been misinterpreted. Hey ho.

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 22:35 - Jul 16 with 1134 viewslonglostjack

Non defining relative clause? Can't see the problem. Not for me to argue the finer points of English grammar with a Civil Servant mind.

PS. You got my vote despite your outrageous pension

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 10:00 - Jul 17 with 1020 viewsShaky

Trust board elections - notification of ballot. on 22:08 - Jul 16 by ajmcglashan

Thanks.

I'll be honest with your Andrew, I am a little concerned about your level of experience.

However, just make sure you don't let Lisa steamroll you, and I am sure you will do very well!

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024