Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you voted Leave....... 11:18 - Jul 9 with 22083 viewswestwalesed

…….and there was a 2nd Referendum, as the "Peoples Vote" brigade (oh the irony) want to have, how would you vote?

Hypothetically if the question was:

a) Accept the Current Deal (assuming it doesn't get watered down further) or
b) Leave the EU with No Deal in place.

I'm appealing to people here, don't let this be hijacked, no insults and petty points. Just a statement of how you voted originally would vote now, and why?

So to kick off:

I voted Leave.
I would vote to leave without a deal.
I would do so because I believe that the only way of the UK getting the deal it wants is to negotiate from a position of full Sovereign Independence.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

If you voted Leave....... on 00:38 - Jul 11 with 1350 viewspeenemunde

If you voted Leave....... on 00:36 - Jul 11 by WarwickHunt

Big Swans fan.

I bet you have small hands too.
If you voted Leave....... on 00:41 - Jul 11 with 1341 viewsWarwickHunt

If you voted Leave....... on 00:38 - Jul 11 by peenemunde

I bet you have small hands too.

I’m 6’ 4” - sadly everything’s not in proportion.

If it was I’d be 9’ 6”.
If you voted Leave....... on 00:44 - Jul 11 with 1335 viewspeenemunde

If you voted Leave....... on 00:41 - Jul 11 by WarwickHunt

I’m 6’ 4” - sadly everything’s not in proportion.

If it was I’d be 9’ 6”.

The elephant man was very popular too.
If you voted Leave....... on 00:49 - Jul 11 with 1324 viewsWarwickHunt

If you voted Leave....... on 00:44 - Jul 11 by peenemunde

Not with the ladies though.
If you voted Leave....... on 00:55 - Jul 11 with 1316 viewspeenemunde

If you voted Leave....... on 00:49 - Jul 11 by WarwickHunt

Not with the ladies though.

Look as I’ve already said, it’s 2018 and your sexual preferences are nothing to do with me.
If you voted Leave....... on 03:20 - Jul 11 with 1280 viewsmajorraglan

A couple of Leave voters were discussing the current situation last night in work, it was apparent that both had different ideas what Brexit was going to look like when they voted for it, both now wish they had voted to remain in the EU, both were critical of TM and the way she has managed the whole process and both were scathing of Boris.
If you voted Leave....... on 07:13 - Jul 11 with 1237 viewsLoyal

Anyone who brings in free w@nk spots throughout Europe gets my vote 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

If you voted Leave....... on 08:22 - Jul 11 with 1221 viewsNookiejack

If you voted Leave....... on 03:20 - Jul 11 by majorraglan

A couple of Leave voters were discussing the current situation last night in work, it was apparent that both had different ideas what Brexit was going to look like when they voted for it, both now wish they had voted to remain in the EU, both were critical of TM and the way she has managed the whole process and both were scathing of Boris.

Yes and that applies to Remainers too - there is a spectrum of opinoon.

Some want to continue with the current model, although it really is a broken and even the EU politicians think it needs reform. Others want to head to a United States of Europe, political and fiscal (one taxation system across the whole of the EU) union, with a single currency for all members.
Login to get fewer ads

If you voted Leave....... on 09:33 - Jul 11 with 1192 viewsShaky

If you voted Leave....... on 19:28 - Jul 10 by Flashberryjack

There you go name calling again, just like a primary school kid, you just can't help yourself can you.

So you don't see anything remotely incongruous in calling me a bigot in one post and accusing me of name calling with the next?

Oh dear.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

If you voted Leave....... on 09:35 - Jul 11 with 1187 viewsUxbridge

If you voted Leave....... on 08:22 - Jul 11 by Nookiejack

Some want to continue with the current model, although it really is a broken and even the EU politicians think it needs reform. Others want to head to a United States of Europe, political and fiscal (one taxation system across the whole of the EU) union, with a single currency for all members.

You think there is a body of Remain voters out there that have now been convinced go vote Leave?!?!

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

If you voted Leave....... on 09:39 - Jul 11 with 1184 viewsShaky

If you voted Leave....... on 08:22 - Jul 11 by Nookiejack

i think the majority of people are just embarrassed by the whole thing. That includes many who say they just want to get Brexit done now, so they can try to move on from this stunning example of British ineptitude.

However, the the election irregularities and the electoral commission will almost certainly offer a more honourable way out soon. Leave broke the rules, and a fine and slap would in no way be proportional to the impact of what they have done.

Let's have a summer scandal, lot's of outrage over the deceitful and law-breaking leavers, and then consign that referendum to the dustbin of history were it most certainly belongs.

Misology -- It's a bitch

If you voted Leave....... on 09:48 - Jul 11 with 1176 viewsShaky

If you voted Leave....... on 09:35 - Jul 11 by Uxbridge

You think there is a body of Remain voters out there that have now been convinced go vote Leave?!?!

As i said, I believe there are now remain voters who genuinely just want the whole thing to vanish from their immediate consciousness and believe there is no alternative way of achieving that than to Brexit asap.

It is a manifestation of cognitive dissonance.

Misology -- It's a bitch

If you voted Leave....... on 09:51 - Jul 11 with 1166 viewsUxbridge

If you voted Leave....... on 09:48 - Jul 11 by Shaky

As i said, I believe there are now remain voters who genuinely just want the whole thing to vanish from their immediate consciousness and believe there is no alternative way of achieving that than to Brexit asap.

It is a manifestation of cognitive dissonance.

That may well be the case, but it's a world away from them voting Leave in referendum v2.0.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

If you voted Leave....... on 10:09 - Jul 11 with 1141 viewsblaenaugwentjack

If you voted Leave....... on 11:24 - Jul 9 by Ace_Jack

I voted remain
I would vote remain again
Brexit is unworkable, and for the sake of the country must be stopped at all costs.

This.
If you voted Leave....... on 10:17 - Jul 11 with 1134 viewsBatterseajack

How can the Sun sell this as good news. Just unbelievable.

So a no deal would create disruption at our ports and threaten food supplies, so the government plans is to stockpile. Remainers argued this would happen and got dismissed as project fear.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6747231/ministers-plan-to-stockpile-processed-food
If you voted Leave....... on 10:28 - Jul 11 with 1122 viewsWarwickHunt

If you voted Leave....... on 10:17 - Jul 11 by Batterseajack

How can the Sun sell this as good news. Just unbelievable.

So a no deal would create disruption at our ports and threaten food supplies, so the government plans is to stockpile. Remainers argued this would happen and got dismissed as project fear.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6747231/ministers-plan-to-stockpile-processed-food

Get the old wartime spirit back innit! Stick it up
Johnny Foreigner!

Dried egg anyone?
If you voted Leave....... on 10:32 - Jul 11 with 1120 viewsKerouac

The EU’s Weak Base in Technology by A Former CEO of a Major Company

A former major company CEO argues that the EU’s current status as a minnow in the Global Technology World should cause concern for its future growth prospects.

"Looking to the future of the EU’s economic growth prospects without Britain, more attention should be paid to the remarkable fact that EU technology companies account for just some 5% of the World Technology Index (IShares Global Tech ETF). Whilst the EU share of World GDP1 has declined significantly since 1980 from some 30% to sub 20% ex UK, it is still the second largest economic entity in the World, albeit a supranational one.

This makes it even more extraordinary that the EU economic block is such a minor player in World Technology, the principle driver of growth in the world’s largest economies.

One hardly has to emphasise the importance of the entrepreneurial and innovative brilliance of the creators of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Google, Intel and many others who have driven much of the growth of the US economy in the last decade to the extent now where they account for some 26% of the total market capitalisation of the S & P 500.

Now, the names of Alibaba, Baidu and Ten Cent are fulfilling a similar role at an earlier stage in the economic cycle for China, not to mention the other South East Asian giants, such as Samsung and Taiwan Semiconductor (TSMC). The whole 27 countries of the EU, ex UK, have not produced or created a single significant rival to these companies.

Perhaps, the EU’s obsession with standardisation and harmonisation leads to the stifling of innovation and healthy competition.

Nor are the seeds of the future looking particularly healthy. The fact that Cambridge University has won 50% more Nobel prizes than the whole French nation (98v65) has some serious implications, not just economic but also educational in the ability of their systems to generate innovative and entrepreneurial skills for the future. Nor is a background of some 19% Euro area youth unemployment2 (as high as 30% in the 15 — 24 age group if under-employed part-time workers are included) exactly fertile ground for dramatically reducing this technology industry deficit. Remember these quite disgraceful youth unemployment figures over the last decade are now becoming structural (Italy and Spain still have 35% + youth unemployment) in spite of the extraordinary economic stimulus measures of the ECB from which they still have to exit successfully.

What of the UK? The current situation remains encouraging. According to the EY European Investment Report3, the UK remains, by some margin the largest recipient of tech FDI investment in Europe (from both EU and non-EU sources), some 27% of all projects. The predominance of London in particular stands out. The capital attracted 17% of all tech FDI investment in Europe with 168 investments, three times the equivalent in Paris and four times that of Berlin. Encouragingly also is the fact that the UK already has 13 Tech Unicorns (defined as tech companies with a market capitalisation of $1 billion +).

However, to maintain the UK Tech pre-eminence in the European economic zone, post Brexit, it is essential to ensure a competitive tax environment, a light regulatory touch , seed and venture capital support and the fostering of both homegrown and worldwide talent.

These are conditions that apply even more to the EU if it’s Technology deficit is to be addressed. The challenges of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics are already looming. The seemingly relentless growth of the Acquis Communautaire leads inevitably to the dead hand of over regulation and obstacles to healthy competition.

Europe of course does have technology successes, in particular SAP in Germany (IPO 1988) and ASML in the Netherlands (IPO 1995). Nokia in Finland and Ericsson in Sweden are other examples, but these were built up before Finland and Sweden joined the EU in 1995.

Unless their current culture is reversed, the EU is likely to be a laggard in the AI revolution and fall further down the international economic order. The UK will also need to build on its existing strengths and develop robustly into the new areas, in particular robotics, AI and gene therapy. UK strengths in finance, pharmaceuticals and aerospace need to be maintained, but much is needed elsewhere in the economy. UK expenditure on private sector R&D is not in the top rank and needs to be increased if the UK is to make the most of Brexit. The new world beyond the EU, some 80% of World GDP, gives the UK an opportunity, and certainly an incentive, to break into new areas of technology. Nothing will be automatic. Everything will depend on entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. As evidenced by radar, the jet engine and nuclear fission during World War II, Britain tends to be at its best when the going gets tough."

1 Based on IMF data for 2017

2 Eurostat 2017

3 Ernst and Young UK Tech Report 2017)].

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

If you voted Leave....... on 10:45 - Jul 11 with 1103 viewspeenemunde

If you voted Leave....... on 10:28 - Jul 11 by WarwickHunt

Get the old wartime spirit back innit! Stick it up
Johnny Foreigner!

Dried egg anyone?

Don’t you go picking up any eggs, with those small hands.
If you voted Leave....... on 10:57 - Jul 11 with 1084 viewslonglostjack

If you voted Leave....... on 10:32 - Jul 11 by Kerouac

The EU’s Weak Base in Technology by A Former CEO of a Major Company

A former major company CEO argues that the EU’s current status as a minnow in the Global Technology World should cause concern for its future growth prospects.

"Looking to the future of the EU’s economic growth prospects without Britain, more attention should be paid to the remarkable fact that EU technology companies account for just some 5% of the World Technology Index (IShares Global Tech ETF). Whilst the EU share of World GDP1 has declined significantly since 1980 from some 30% to sub 20% ex UK, it is still the second largest economic entity in the World, albeit a supranational one.

This makes it even more extraordinary that the EU economic block is such a minor player in World Technology, the principle driver of growth in the world’s largest economies.

One hardly has to emphasise the importance of the entrepreneurial and innovative brilliance of the creators of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Google, Intel and many others who have driven much of the growth of the US economy in the last decade to the extent now where they account for some 26% of the total market capitalisation of the S & P 500.

Now, the names of Alibaba, Baidu and Ten Cent are fulfilling a similar role at an earlier stage in the economic cycle for China, not to mention the other South East Asian giants, such as Samsung and Taiwan Semiconductor (TSMC). The whole 27 countries of the EU, ex UK, have not produced or created a single significant rival to these companies.

Perhaps, the EU’s obsession with standardisation and harmonisation leads to the stifling of innovation and healthy competition.

Nor are the seeds of the future looking particularly healthy. The fact that Cambridge University has won 50% more Nobel prizes than the whole French nation (98v65) has some serious implications, not just economic but also educational in the ability of their systems to generate innovative and entrepreneurial skills for the future. Nor is a background of some 19% Euro area youth unemployment2 (as high as 30% in the 15 — 24 age group if under-employed part-time workers are included) exactly fertile ground for dramatically reducing this technology industry deficit. Remember these quite disgraceful youth unemployment figures over the last decade are now becoming structural (Italy and Spain still have 35% + youth unemployment) in spite of the extraordinary economic stimulus measures of the ECB from which they still have to exit successfully.

What of the UK? The current situation remains encouraging. According to the EY European Investment Report3, the UK remains, by some margin the largest recipient of tech FDI investment in Europe (from both EU and non-EU sources), some 27% of all projects. The predominance of London in particular stands out. The capital attracted 17% of all tech FDI investment in Europe with 168 investments, three times the equivalent in Paris and four times that of Berlin. Encouragingly also is the fact that the UK already has 13 Tech Unicorns (defined as tech companies with a market capitalisation of $1 billion +).

However, to maintain the UK Tech pre-eminence in the European economic zone, post Brexit, it is essential to ensure a competitive tax environment, a light regulatory touch , seed and venture capital support and the fostering of both homegrown and worldwide talent.

These are conditions that apply even more to the EU if it’s Technology deficit is to be addressed. The challenges of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics are already looming. The seemingly relentless growth of the Acquis Communautaire leads inevitably to the dead hand of over regulation and obstacles to healthy competition.

Europe of course does have technology successes, in particular SAP in Germany (IPO 1988) and ASML in the Netherlands (IPO 1995). Nokia in Finland and Ericsson in Sweden are other examples, but these were built up before Finland and Sweden joined the EU in 1995.

Unless their current culture is reversed, the EU is likely to be a laggard in the AI revolution and fall further down the international economic order. The UK will also need to build on its existing strengths and develop robustly into the new areas, in particular robotics, AI and gene therapy. UK strengths in finance, pharmaceuticals and aerospace need to be maintained, but much is needed elsewhere in the economy. UK expenditure on private sector R&D is not in the top rank and needs to be increased if the UK is to make the most of Brexit. The new world beyond the EU, some 80% of World GDP, gives the UK an opportunity, and certainly an incentive, to break into new areas of technology. Nothing will be automatic. Everything will depend on entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. As evidenced by radar, the jet engine and nuclear fission during World War II, Britain tends to be at its best when the going gets tough."

1 Based on IMF data for 2017

2 Eurostat 2017

3 Ernst and Young UK Tech Report 2017)].

Sounds like another plea for deregulation and lower taxes, the recipe that has led to squeezed public finances and increasing divisions in society. Meanwhile overly regulated old Germany boast the biggest industrial software company in the world, SAP. Then we have Bayer, one of the biggest pharmaceutical and life sciences companies and BASF, the world’s largest chemical company.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 10:58]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

If you voted Leave....... on 10:57 - Jul 11 with 1084 viewsWarwickHunt

If you voted Leave....... on 10:45 - Jul 11 by peenemunde

Don’t you go picking up any eggs, with those small hands.

I see you’re still struggling with comma usage, Benny.
If you voted Leave....... on 11:03 - Jul 11 with 1074 viewspeenemunde

If you voted Leave....... on 10:57 - Jul 11 by WarwickHunt

I see you’re still struggling with comma usage, Benny.

At least I don’t have small hands.
Were you drunk last night ?
If you voted Leave....... on 11:14 - Jul 11 with 1045 viewsWarwickHunt

If you voted Leave....... on 11:03 - Jul 11 by peenemunde

At least I don’t have small hands.
Were you drunk last night ?

No. My hands are the size of dinner plates, thanks. My shoe size is twelve if you’re interested.

Stop digging, dullard. No one finds you amusing.
If you voted Leave....... on 11:42 - Jul 11 with 1021 viewsHighjack

If you voted Leave....... on 00:44 - Jul 11 by peenemunde

Being part elephant made him more intelligent than a three year old pig.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

If you voted Leave....... on 12:26 - Jul 11 with 1002 viewsNookiejack

Sweden appears to be moving to the right because of immigration - who would have thought that.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-06-05/na

Teresa May maybe has to think about this - if her plan is to keep us in the EU under her ‘mobility framework ‘. Could mean hardening of views by Brexiteers to the right - which would then play into a Trump like character in the U.K.
If you voted Leave....... on 12:54 - Jul 11 with 979 viewsRokerite

I voted Leave on 23/06/16. If there was a 2nd Referendum (actually 3rd of course) I would vote to Leave the EU with no deal in place. I voted Yes to remaining in 1975.
Leaving with no deal in place could be horrendous but we have been put in this position by politicians pretending to deliver something they disagreed with. To not have been preparing for No Deal from 24/06/16 or before is a complete dereliction of duty. The suspicion has to be that this failure has been deliberate. If we leave and it is a catastrophe initially the clamour to rejoin will be irresistible; or so the Remainers in the government and civil service would hope.
Theresa May is certainly making a very good fist of being the worst PM in our history. Her election by her MP's has turned out to have been more disastrous than even the biggest pessimist could have foreseen. Packing her cabinet with and surrounding herself with advisers who were determined that Brexit would fail. "If voting changed anything they'd make it illegal" has never been more evident than on this issue.If The Establishment are allowed to overturn The Brexit Vote there really will be little point in ever voting again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024