Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you voted Leave....... 11:18 - Jul 9 with 22240 viewswestwalesed

…….and there was a 2nd Referendum, as the "Peoples Vote" brigade (oh the irony) want to have, how would you vote?

Hypothetically if the question was:

a) Accept the Current Deal (assuming it doesn't get watered down further) or
b) Leave the EU with No Deal in place.

I'm appealing to people here, don't let this be hijacked, no insults and petty points. Just a statement of how you voted originally would vote now, and why?

So to kick off:

I voted Leave.
I would vote to leave without a deal.
I would do so because I believe that the only way of the UK getting the deal it wants is to negotiate from a position of full Sovereign Independence.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

If you voted Leave....... on 12:59 - Jul 11 with 1598 viewsvetchonian

If you voted Leave....... on 10:57 - Jul 11 by longlostjack

Sounds like another plea for deregulation and lower taxes, the recipe that has led to squeezed public finances and increasing divisions in society. Meanwhile overly regulated old Germany boast the biggest industrial software company in the world, SAP. Then we have Bayer, one of the biggest pharmaceutical and life sciences companies and BASF, the world’s largest chemical company.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 10:58]

You forgot BMW,Mercedes,and the VW Audi group
BMW also own Mini that great British Icon as well as Rolls Royce Cars
VW, Audi have also control of SEAT and SKoda

And Thyssen Grupp own part of what was once British Steel.....sold off by Hoggs idol!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

If you voted Leave....... on 13:23 - Jul 11 with 1567 viewspeenemunde

If you voted Leave....... on 11:14 - Jul 11 by WarwickHunt

No. My hands are the size of dinner plates, thanks. My shoe size is twelve if you’re interested.

Stop digging, dullard. No one finds you amusing.

Not married then
If you voted Leave....... on 13:30 - Jul 11 with 1564 viewsWarwickHunt

If you voted Leave....... on 13:23 - Jul 11 by peenemunde

Not married then

*stifles a yawn*
If you voted Leave....... on 13:31 - Jul 11 with 1561 viewspeenemunde

If you voted Leave....... on 13:30 - Jul 11 by WarwickHunt

*stifles a yawn*

Thought not
If you voted Leave....... on 13:47 - Jul 11 with 1535 viewsmoonie

Feet shrink as you get older .
I was a ten now a nine

Knob s the same size I re kon
If you voted Leave....... on 14:59 - Jul 11 with 1484 viewsWarwickHunt

If you voted Leave....... on 13:31 - Jul 11 by peenemunde

Thought not

She's way out of your league, sunshine - ask Moonie.
If you voted Leave....... on 15:00 - Jul 11 with 1483 viewsWarwickHunt

If you voted Leave....... on 13:47 - Jul 11 by moonie

Feet shrink as you get older .
I was a ten now a nine

Knob s the same size I re kon

Yep - I reckon Penis Mount has always been a shortarse.
If you voted Leave....... on 15:27 - Jul 11 with 1463 viewsBatterseajack

If you voted Leave....... on 12:54 - Jul 11 by Rokerite

I voted Leave on 23/06/16. If there was a 2nd Referendum (actually 3rd of course) I would vote to Leave the EU with no deal in place. I voted Yes to remaining in 1975.
Leaving with no deal in place could be horrendous but we have been put in this position by politicians pretending to deliver something they disagreed with. To not have been preparing for No Deal from 24/06/16 or before is a complete dereliction of duty. The suspicion has to be that this failure has been deliberate. If we leave and it is a catastrophe initially the clamour to rejoin will be irresistible; or so the Remainers in the government and civil service would hope.
Theresa May is certainly making a very good fist of being the worst PM in our history. Her election by her MP's has turned out to have been more disastrous than even the biggest pessimist could have foreseen. Packing her cabinet with and surrounding herself with advisers who were determined that Brexit would fail. "If voting changed anything they'd make it illegal" has never been more evident than on this issue.If The Establishment are allowed to overturn The Brexit Vote there really will be little point in ever voting again.

Was Brexit sold to you as a no deal scenario? I seem to remember the leave side saying it wouldn't happen, and to suggest otherwise is scaremongering. And going through the horrendous ordeal of a no deal would hurt the everyday man, not the politician. Do you really think that's a price worth paying?
Login to get fewer ads

If you voted Leave....... on 16:36 - Jul 11 with 1441 viewsNookiejack

If you voted Leave....... on 09:35 - Jul 11 by Uxbridge

You think there is a body of Remain voters out there that have now been convinced go vote Leave?!?!

No I don’t - as attached survey indicates that there has been no change in views since the referendum - if anything they have hardened on same lines as the referendum.

http://www.bsa.natcen.ac.uk/media/39285/bsa35_key-findings.pdf?_ga=2.17307129.19

I think it is about how much more Teresa May concedes from the Chequers position.

If she concedes on Free Movemwnt as it looks like she is starting to do in respect of her ‘mobility framework’ and say continuing to pay vast sums for access, accepts that services also have to be included - then people in Brexit will feel their vote was completly ignored and could lead to more extremist positions and back Trump like characters.
If you voted Leave....... on 16:46 - Jul 11 with 1433 viewsNookiejack

If you voted Leave....... on 16:36 - Jul 11 by Nookiejack

No I don’t - as attached survey indicates that there has been no change in views since the referendum - if anything they have hardened on same lines as the referendum.

http://www.bsa.natcen.ac.uk/media/39285/bsa35_key-findings.pdf?_ga=2.17307129.19

I think it is about how much more Teresa May concedes from the Chequers position.

If she concedes on Free Movemwnt as it looks like she is starting to do in respect of her ‘mobility framework’ and say continuing to pay vast sums for access, accepts that services also have to be included - then people in Brexit will feel their vote was completly ignored and could lead to more extremist positions and back Trump like characters.

The point being if far right can overtake Conservative Moderates and Social Democrats in Sweden - why can’t this happen in the U.K.?

“It’s not just their spectacular rise in opinion polls, which has politicians no longer just speculating whether they’ll overtake the conservative Moderates to become the second-biggest party but whether they could even knock the Social Democrats off of the No. 1 perch they’ve held since 1917.

https://www.politico.eu/article/sweden-joins-the-club-far-right-democrats-jimmie
If you voted Leave....... on 16:48 - Jul 11 with 1432 viewsUxbridge

If you voted Leave....... on 16:36 - Jul 11 by Nookiejack

Let's hope so eh. That'll mean the moderates who votes for this folly would vote to remain in any new referendum.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

If you voted Leave....... on 17:02 - Jul 11 with 1416 viewsNookiejack

If you voted Leave....... on 16:48 - Jul 11 by Uxbridge

Let's hope so eh. That'll mean the moderates who votes for this folly would vote to remain in any new referendum.

According to that survey another referendum would really be a waste of time and would produce the same result.

“The public is divided into two evenly sized groups who have coalesced around opposing views of the UK’s future relationship with the EU. Politicians face an uphill struggle to deliver a post-referendum settlement that will unite the country.”

I really think more people would actually vote for Brexit - from perspective of fair play.
If you voted Leave....... on 17:18 - Jul 11 with 1398 viewsShaky

If you voted Leave....... on 17:02 - Jul 11 by Nookiejack

According to that survey another referendum would really be a waste of time and would produce the same result.

“The public is divided into two evenly sized groups who have coalesced around opposing views of the UK’s future relationship with the EU. Politicians face an uphill struggle to deliver a post-referendum settlement that will unite the country.”

I really think more people would actually vote for Brexit - from perspective of fair play.

I very much doubt any senior Brexiter backers believe that, otherwise they wouldn't be fighting tooth and nail to avoid parliamentary approval, a second vote, etc.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

If you voted Leave....... on 17:43 - Jul 11 with 1384 viewsRokerite

If you voted Leave....... on 15:27 - Jul 11 by Batterseajack

Was Brexit sold to you as a no deal scenario? I seem to remember the leave side saying it wouldn't happen, and to suggest otherwise is scaremongering. And going through the horrendous ordeal of a no deal would hurt the everyday man, not the politician. Do you really think that's a price worth paying?

I think it's a price that will only be paid because Remainers made any other deal impossible. I don't think it will happen because I believe the anti-Brexit majority in parliament will vote through a dreadful deal; one that leaves us worse off than before. Then the Remainers will say no doubt "look at the awful mess" but it will be their mess, one created by people who refused to allow a democratic vote to upset the establishment's cosy arrangement.
As for no deal being a price worth paying, I would say yes except that I fear we'd be back in the corrupt, rotten EU very quickly. The longer term benefits would never be given time to show.
The establishment have successfully scuppered the chances of a true Brexit. A lot of people who had rarely, if ever, voted in the past voted Leave in the referendum. They won't vote again, why should they? The EU (and its supporters here) will have done what they always do; arrange another vote till the plebs vote the way the masters think they should, or just ignore an inconvenient result.
If you voted Leave....... on 19:34 - Jul 11 with 1326 viewsBatterseajack

If you voted Leave....... on 17:43 - Jul 11 by Rokerite

I think it's a price that will only be paid because Remainers made any other deal impossible. I don't think it will happen because I believe the anti-Brexit majority in parliament will vote through a dreadful deal; one that leaves us worse off than before. Then the Remainers will say no doubt "look at the awful mess" but it will be their mess, one created by people who refused to allow a democratic vote to upset the establishment's cosy arrangement.
As for no deal being a price worth paying, I would say yes except that I fear we'd be back in the corrupt, rotten EU very quickly. The longer term benefits would never be given time to show.
The establishment have successfully scuppered the chances of a true Brexit. A lot of people who had rarely, if ever, voted in the past voted Leave in the referendum. They won't vote again, why should they? The EU (and its supporters here) will have done what they always do; arrange another vote till the plebs vote the way the masters think they should, or just ignore an inconvenient result.

In what way did remainders make a deal impossible? And what type of deal were you hoping for?
If you voted Leave....... on 19:34 - Jul 11 with 1325 viewslonglostjack

So the establishment is Parliament and the Brextreemists are the democrats? No mate the Brextreemists are the establishment who are looking after their tax havens and want a low tax low wage economy in the UK to increase their already considerable personal wealth. Don’t believe everything you read in the Daily Express.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

If you voted Leave....... on 19:54 - Jul 11 with 1307 viewsUxbridge

If you voted Leave....... on 17:02 - Jul 11 by Nookiejack

I can't even begin to follow your logic there to be honest.

If you voted Leave....... on 20:03 - Jul 11 with 1291 viewsFlashberryjack

If you voted Leave....... on 19:54 - Jul 11 by Uxbridge

I can't even begin to follow your logic there to be honest.

Why ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

If you voted Leave....... on 20:32 - Jul 11 with 1267 viewsvetchonian

Please explain how there will be long term benefits,what will they be and what timescale?

I do wonder if people have actually considered how tied in we are to the EU for trade or just the free movement of goods through the borders

So no deal is the scenario ....how do goods travel through borders what tariff will be employed?
how much disruption will this cause?
I work for a manufacturing business in rural Wales the business exists to supply what was once the parent company in Germany...every week a lorry travels freely betweenGermany and the U.K. We work on tight lead times..and tight margins...tariffs any delays at the border or the introduction of tariffs it makes the survival of the businesses fragile.60 jobs lost which would not be easily replaced with the loss of tax revenue for the government...the added burden of NI contribution and benefits putting strain so no the Treasury then of course there is the knock on less money a able to be spent in the local economy,other business suffer and so it goes on. This scenario can be multiplied across the whole of the U.K.
There is so much all of WTO agreements with non EU countries but what in reality have we to offer?
When Brucie was a backing Britain in the UK it was possible to buy an Austin ,MG,Morris,Riley,Rover,Triumph,Wolsey,Jaguar,Vauxhall,Hillan,Humber and Singer,all built in Britain by British companies using British sourced components....of course there was also Ford,VWs,Volvos and Saabs available but at "higher" cost.
We had DeHavilland and Hawker Siddley building and selling aircraft,Vickers,Harland Wolfe ship building
We had industrial giants such as GEC,Plessey,ICI,EMI,GKN Pye,you could buy British built white goods from Electrolux,Bendix,Prestcold, Indesit,Hover and Hotpoint.
TVS and Radios from Bush ,Fidelity,Decca
WAht have we now? The loss of all this along with our steel industry has made us weaker then we were in 1971 when we entered the common market.....and not because of our membership but because of the various strategies of successive UK governments,unions,and greedy shareholders who have sold out se the example of GKN recently.
WHere will the money for paying for additional border controls come from? What about the additional unemployment costs and loss of tax revenue?.....never mind we won't be paying into the EU any,ore so we will ahve all that extra money .
A simplistic view I know and yes I am no economist but a simple engineer....who can see that's Brexit is not like leaving a gym....we are leaving and no longer pay the subscription.......there are far to often any issues involved which not managed properly will cost this country dearly.I voted to remain ,disappointed that the result was to leave and as a result will abide by the democratic result...doesn't mean I cannot express my opinion and explain why I believe economically we are not equipped to survive outside of the EU and especially without a deal?
ANy long term benefits would take at least a generation to be seen
Whilst us remoaner share always accused of spreading project fear what about the threat of a federal European state driven by the unelected d autonomous EU bearuacrats who answer to no one?
REally? SOme one some where employed these they.nwere not self appointed they do answer to someone ...just as in the UK the unelected civil servants who manipulate the elected puppets I mean MPs are answerable to someone who can be removed if proper procedure followed so it just means that reform do riven by the individual heads of government working together to take control!
AGain my simplistic opinion.....the vote has been taken the result is what it is ..I respect democracy so will have to live by the decision but that doesn't mean I cannot express why I believe it is a folly
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 20:43]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

If you voted Leave....... on 20:38 - Jul 11 with 1260 viewsHighjack

If you voted Leave....... on 16:48 - Jul 11 by Uxbridge

Even if they don’t let’s hope they’ll vote the right way in the third referendum, or the fourth.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

If you voted Leave....... on 07:47 - Jul 12 with 1166 viewsUxbridge

If you voted Leave....... on 20:03 - Jul 11 by Flashberryjack

Why ?

You think people will vote for Brexit, even if they thought it a bad idea, purely due to a sense of fair play? Rh at strikes me as a bit bonkers.

There wasn't much fair play during the referendum, and the electoral commission has highlighted a number of outright lies and incidents of breaking electoral rules surrounding fairness.

If you voted Leave....... on 09:34 - Jul 12 with 1129 viewsNookiejack

If you voted Leave....... on 07:47 - Jul 12 by Uxbridge

You think people will vote for Brexit, even if they thought it a bad idea, purely due to a sense of fair play? Rh at strikes me as a bit bonkers.

There wasn't much fair play during the referendum, and the electoral commission has highlighted a number of outright lies and incidents of breaking electoral rules surrounding fairness.

Our views will not change, since the referendum, they have probably hardened.

It’s people who are at the margin. I just think it’s a British value - a sense of fair play. British people don’t like bad losers.

If the vote had been 52% to 48% the Remainers would have expected the Brexiteers to abide by the result.

I think people at the margin - would therefore side with Brexiteers and increase the 52% majority - if there was another referendum. I truly believe more people would vote for Brexit if another referendum - that is why the elite political class in Westminster is in such a pickle. They want to remain but the grass roots don’t.

The claims of Project Fear about economic collapse before the referendum have all proved to be totally unfounded. Mark Carney has admitted his mistakes.

Also when it came to electoral spending rules - what about Davis Cameron’s decision to spend £9m of public funds on a Remain campaign leaflet? Fair play again?
If you voted Leave....... on 09:48 - Jul 12 with 1120 viewsNookiejack

If you voted Leave....... on 20:32 - Jul 11 by vetchonian

Please explain how there will be long term benefits,what will they be and what timescale?

I do wonder if people have actually considered how tied in we are to the EU for trade or just the free movement of goods through the borders

So no deal is the scenario ....how do goods travel through borders what tariff will be employed?
how much disruption will this cause?
I work for a manufacturing business in rural Wales the business exists to supply what was once the parent company in Germany...every week a lorry travels freely betweenGermany and the U.K. We work on tight lead times..and tight margins...tariffs any delays at the border or the introduction of tariffs it makes the survival of the businesses fragile.60 jobs lost which would not be easily replaced with the loss of tax revenue for the government...the added burden of NI contribution and benefits putting strain so no the Treasury then of course there is the knock on less money a able to be spent in the local economy,other business suffer and so it goes on. This scenario can be multiplied across the whole of the U.K.
There is so much all of WTO agreements with non EU countries but what in reality have we to offer?
When Brucie was a backing Britain in the UK it was possible to buy an Austin ,MG,Morris,Riley,Rover,Triumph,Wolsey,Jaguar,Vauxhall,Hillan,Humber and Singer,all built in Britain by British companies using British sourced components....of course there was also Ford,VWs,Volvos and Saabs available but at "higher" cost.
We had DeHavilland and Hawker Siddley building and selling aircraft,Vickers,Harland Wolfe ship building
We had industrial giants such as GEC,Plessey,ICI,EMI,GKN Pye,you could buy British built white goods from Electrolux,Bendix,Prestcold, Indesit,Hover and Hotpoint.
TVS and Radios from Bush ,Fidelity,Decca
WAht have we now? The loss of all this along with our steel industry has made us weaker then we were in 1971 when we entered the common market.....and not because of our membership but because of the various strategies of successive UK governments,unions,and greedy shareholders who have sold out se the example of GKN recently.
WHere will the money for paying for additional border controls come from? What about the additional unemployment costs and loss of tax revenue?.....never mind we won't be paying into the EU any,ore so we will ahve all that extra money .
A simplistic view I know and yes I am no economist but a simple engineer....who can see that's Brexit is not like leaving a gym....we are leaving and no longer pay the subscription.......there are far to often any issues involved which not managed properly will cost this country dearly.I voted to remain ,disappointed that the result was to leave and as a result will abide by the democratic result...doesn't mean I cannot express my opinion and explain why I believe economically we are not equipped to survive outside of the EU and especially without a deal?
ANy long term benefits would take at least a generation to be seen
Whilst us remoaner share always accused of spreading project fear what about the threat of a federal European state driven by the unelected d autonomous EU bearuacrats who answer to no one?
REally? SOme one some where employed these they.nwere not self appointed they do answer to someone ...just as in the UK the unelected civil servants who manipulate the elected puppets I mean MPs are answerable to someone who can be removed if proper procedure followed so it just means that reform do riven by the individual heads of government working together to take control!
AGain my simplistic opinion.....the vote has been taken the result is what it is ..I respect democracy so will have to live by the decision but that doesn't mean I cannot express why I believe it is a folly
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 20:43]

We run an £80 billion trade deficit with the EU.

If they play hardball it will bring Econmoic collapse in the EU and definitely break their whole project up.

Post March - how will Airbus fulfill its orders if it hasn’t got any wings? Integrated supply chains work both ways.

The Eurozone has currently got -0.4% interest rate - it is on its knees and doesn’t need another economic shock, of EU politicians own makings, to bring all house of cards down.
If you voted Leave....... on 10:02 - Jul 12 with 1103 viewsShaky

If you voted Leave....... on 09:48 - Jul 12 by Nookiejack

We run an £80 billion trade deficit with the EU.

If they play hardball it will bring Econmoic collapse in the EU and definitely break their whole project up.

Post March - how will Airbus fulfill its orders if it hasn’t got any wings? Integrated supply chains work both ways.

The Eurozone has currently got -0.4% interest rate - it is on its knees and doesn’t need another economic shock, of EU politicians own makings, to bring all house of cards down.

"If they play hardball it will bring Econmoic collapse in the EU and definitely break their whole project up. "

You are delusional.

The UK is preparing plans to stockpile basic foodstuffs and medicines becasue they know the customs systems will collapse under a hard Brexit.

In fact government planning is taking a more sunny view of the impact than the people who actually understand these matters best, the Port of Dover Authority.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

If you voted Leave....... on 10:13 - Jul 12 with 1091 viewsNookiejack

If you voted Leave....... on 10:02 - Jul 12 by Shaky

"If they play hardball it will bring Econmoic collapse in the EU and definitely break their whole project up. "

You are delusional.

The UK is preparing plans to stockpile basic foodstuffs and medicines becasue they know the customs systems will collapse under a hard Brexit.

In fact government planning is taking a more sunny view of the impact than the people who actually understand these matters best, the Port of Dover Authority.

So you think if the EU plays hardball and we had food shortages and couldn’t fly any planes - we would all regret our decision and suddenly vote Remain.

The Eurozone is already on the brink and it can’t afford another economic shock.

-0.4% interest rate sums it up.

They are also still undertaking QE of about 30 billion Euros a month.

So they are then going to lose £80billion of UK aggregate demand ie our current trade deficit with them?

How will Airbus fulfill its orders - April time next year - if our ports are blocked and our planes grounded - if they haven’t got any wings?

I think you are being delusional
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024