Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you voted Leave....... 11:18 - Jul 9 with 22258 viewswestwalesed

…….and there was a 2nd Referendum, as the "Peoples Vote" brigade (oh the irony) want to have, how would you vote?

Hypothetically if the question was:

a) Accept the Current Deal (assuming it doesn't get watered down further) or
b) Leave the EU with No Deal in place.

I'm appealing to people here, don't let this be hijacked, no insults and petty points. Just a statement of how you voted originally would vote now, and why?

So to kick off:

I voted Leave.
I would vote to leave without a deal.
I would do so because I believe that the only way of the UK getting the deal it wants is to negotiate from a position of full Sovereign Independence.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

If you voted Leave....... on 12:28 - Jul 9 with 1359 viewsBadlands

Leaving without a deal would take 20 - 30 years to recover from.
By which time we would, as in the 60s & 70s, be begging to rejoin.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

If you voted Leave....... on 12:32 - Jul 9 with 1349 viewsNookiejack

If you voted Leave....... on 12:07 - Jul 9 by vetchonian

How many who voted leave when later questioned admitted they didnt realise what the outcomes would be?
I can remember seeing people interviewed who admitted to voting to leave but "didnt realise they would end up paying more for things"

I believe in democracy BUT the campaigns for this referendum were both misleading,niether side was able to "promise" what the world post Brexit would be
Both sides made some "unrealistic" claims some being accused of scaremongering

So was this vote really a true and valid one?
HOw much was based on emotion and reaction to key issues such as immigration,what we pay to the EU without evaluating what we gain

Yes there are many "political" issues surrounding the EU and their "control"of the member states but as a country we still ahve powers to control some of those things but choose not to invoke them.

Wouldnt it have been better to have had some idea of what a post Brexit UK might look like before asking the electorate to decide?

We knew the outcomes and are prepared to take economic pain to leave.

There could also be long term economic benefits as you are then trading with countries of the world that are significantly growing - compared to sclerotic EU. That doesn’t matter though.

We don’t want to be part of a creeping, insidious, undemocratic United Stets of Europe - under the control of Germany.

You believe in Democracy - then you say BUT - is that a wind-up?

You don’t think the Remain campaign was totally disingenuous with its Projext Fear campaign - where all the doom and gll forecasts have all been totally wrong?

After all this time I can’t believe you don’t get it and are still asking the same questions.
If you voted Leave....... on 12:36 - Jul 9 with 1334 viewsLeonWasGod

If you voted Leave....... on 11:36 - Jul 9 by Highjack

At all costs?

Such as disenfranchising 17 and a half million people by telling them they've voted the wrong way so their vote is being overturned for the sake of 'the markets'?

Surely you can see that's completely unworkable?

Who said anything about "disenfranchising"? I assumed he meant euthanasia.
If you voted Leave....... on 12:43 - Jul 9 with 1318 viewsNookiejack

If you voted Leave....... on 12:36 - Jul 9 by LeonWasGod

Who said anything about "disenfranchising"? I assumed he meant euthanasia.

ECB now up to 2 trillion of QE. I think they are approaching monetising about 50 per cent of Eurozone Government Debt.

Woe betied another financial crisis.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/live/2018/jun/14/ecb
If you voted Leave....... on 12:56 - Jul 9 with 1281 viewsBadlands

If you voted Leave....... on 11:36 - Jul 9 by Highjack

At all costs?

Such as disenfranchising 17 and a half million people by telling them they've voted the wrong way so their vote is being overturned for the sake of 'the markets'?

Surely you can see that's completely unworkable?

Those figures were true 2 years ago.

But you talk about disenfranchising 17 1/2 million but ignore the 16+ million (at the time) whose opinion, desire, futures have at best been totally ignored. Remain voters have - been told to forget their ambitions and get behind a process that is leaching £billions out of our economy (far more than we pay into the EU); they are traitors; told to leave the country; many on Brexit Comic forum have called or the death penalty for those actively opposing the 'will of the people' (37% and ignoring the 29 million that didn't vote to leave), spat at in the street, threatened and some beaten up.

Since then a great number of truths have come out.
We were always in control of our borders, the UK forced through many laws to make others comply with our wishes (nothing wrong with that - it's how the system works), USA would look after us (Bombardier) but Trump could change his mind at the drop of a wig, those benefitting from leaving are those on the edge of legality (and some times beyond) with massive bank accounts, money that might have benefitted the UK has been out to higher interest rates and weak £, Turkey isn't joining the EU, dirty money promoted the Nazi style fear mongering of Farage (unofficial and anything he promised was puff and nonsense) that millions of refugees were on our doorstep (noticed ho all that media hate dissipated shortly after the referendum only to reappear when it looks like there may be a wobble?) , we will not walk in to trade deals, if we deal with the Eu we have to comply with the EU laws (in or out), we will lose jobs and our position in the world, even in October 2016 Boris was telling reporters no decision had been made on the single market & customs union, so no thought on what was wanted or how any form of leave would be achieved; the Irish border IS an issue.
The most British o territories, Gibraltar - the rock - Britains harbour in the Med - 96% in favour of remaining.
The there is the infamous - 52 - 48% is unfinished business remark from the one man in Britain who has benefitted most from Brexit ... Nigel Farage. But his friends made a killing on the bettometer of trade when he announced he thought Leave had lost, so that was all OK.
Finally ... despite the hubris of David Cameron the referendum was 'advisory' as stated in Hansard. Cameron's 50+% was stupid (Leave would not have accepted the outcome whatever the result) and only applied to Cameron. Once he left office so did the promise.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

If you voted Leave....... on 12:57 - Jul 9 with 1275 viewsJackSomething

If you voted Leave....... on 12:32 - Jul 9 by Nookiejack

There could also be long term economic benefits as you are then trading with countries of the world that are significantly growing - compared to sclerotic EU. That doesn’t matter though.

We don’t want to be part of a creeping, insidious, undemocratic United Stets of Europe - under the control of Germany.

You don’t think the Remain campaign was totally disingenuous with its Projext Fear campaign - where all the doom and gll forecasts have all been totally wrong?

After all this time I can’t believe you don’t get it and are still asking the same questions.

He clearly says 'the campaigns for this referendum were both misleading'. How could you possibly miss that, especially in a post where you're being so patronising?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

If you voted Leave....... on 13:07 - Jul 9 with 1260 viewsShaky

The good news is that the fact that numerous election rules appear to have been broken offers a way out.

Declare the referendum result illegal, and sweep the whole thing under the carpet and pretend it never really happened.

Then if everything goes well, by the end of the next decade the international community at large will have stopped laughing at Britain.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

If you voted Leave....... on 13:09 - Jul 9 with 1253 viewsNookiejack

If you voted Leave....... on 13:07 - Jul 9 by Shaky

The good news is that the fact that numerous election rules appear to have been broken offers a way out.

Declare the referendum result illegal, and sweep the whole thing under the carpet and pretend it never really happened.

Then if everything goes well, by the end of the next decade the international community at large will have stopped laughing at Britain.

Yes remember all those doom and gloom forecasts by Mark Carney.
Login to get fewer ads

If you voted Leave....... on 13:13 - Jul 9 with 1243 viewspeenemunde

I’d now vote to remain in the eu....and then watch the country burn.
If you voted Leave....... on 13:14 - Jul 9 with 1244 viewsvetchonian

If you voted Leave....... on 12:32 - Jul 9 by Nookiejack

I believe in democracy BUT the campaigns for this referendum were both misleading,niether side was able to "promise" what the world post Brexit would be

Please read and digest!

BUt maybe you cannot see beyond the end of your nose!

I mention BOTH sides were potentially misleading in their campaigns...hinting in my post of "project fear"

How many people really understood the potentail economic consequences?
HOw many people really knew /know what we are left with to trade outside of the EU when Brexit occurs? How wmany of our manufaturing businesses exist purely through trade with the EU as component suppliers to specific projects?

Question do you think immigrtation will stop once we exit the EU?
HOw many immigrants will still be able to arrive on our shores,putting a burden on our NHS,social secutiry system?

PLease please please read things properly before coming back with a biased reply!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

If you voted Leave....... on 13:19 - Jul 9 with 1231 viewscosy121

If you voted Leave....... on 12:25 - Jul 9 by Ebo

I think that those who voted to leave should be given the opportunity to leave physically, possibly to a far off island where they can be as selfish as they wish.

Would be better for the remains to pop on a ferry (hide in the back of a truck)it’s only 30min.you will need to burn you British passport.if approached by customs just say I know nothing,that should come natural to the stay crew.lol
If you voted Leave....... on 13:21 - Jul 9 with 1225 viewsVARDREJACK

I voted to leave at the time, But now I would vote remain
If you voted Leave....... on 13:22 - Jul 9 with 1222 viewsvetchonian

If you voted Leave....... on 13:19 - Jul 9 by cosy121

Would be better for the remains to pop on a ferry (hide in the back of a truck)it’s only 30min.you will need to burn you British passport.if approached by customs just say I know nothing,that should come natural to the stay crew.lol

As I have asked....how will Brexit stop illegal immigration?

If you voted Leave....... on 13:24 - Jul 9 with 1217 viewsShaky

If you voted Leave....... on 13:21 - Jul 9 by VARDREJACK

I voted to leave at the time, But now I would vote remain

What are the main factors in that decision?

Misology -- It's a bitch

If you voted Leave....... on 13:27 - Jul 9 with 1208 viewsomarjack

If you voted Leave....... on 13:24 - Jul 9 by Shaky

He's recovered from a brain concussion.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

If you voted Leave....... on 13:32 - Jul 9 with 1205 viewsVARDREJACK

If you voted Leave....... on 13:24 - Jul 9 by Shaky

I thought we would be better off out of the EU but I can now see a lot of things happening with businesses that might leave the UK, People might lose their jobs etc, The pound has dropped a heck of a lot against the Euro even booking holidays has gone expensive because of the drop in the pound, I did not see that happening before the vote.
If you voted Leave....... on 13:32 - Jul 9 with 1204 viewsHighjack

If you voted Leave....... on 13:14 - Jul 9 by vetchonian

Please read and digest!

I mention BOTH sides were potentially misleading in their campaigns...hinting in my post of "project fear"

HOw many people really knew /know what we are left with to trade outside of the EU when Brexit occurs? How wmany of our manufaturing businesses exist purely through trade with the EU as component suppliers to specific projects?

HOw many immigrants will still be able to arrive on our shores,putting a burden on our NHS,social secutiry system?

PLease please please read things properly before coming back with a biased reply!

If you truly believe in democracy then you should have voted to leave the EU.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

If you voted Leave....... on 13:34 - Jul 9 with 1195 viewsShaky

If you voted Leave....... on 13:32 - Jul 9 by VARDREJACK

I thought we would be better off out of the EU but I can now see a lot of things happening with businesses that might leave the UK, People might lose their jobs etc, The pound has dropped a heck of a lot against the Euro even booking holidays has gone expensive because of the drop in the pound, I did not see that happening before the vote.

Thanks for your very sensible explanation. Let's hope rationality somehow prevails!

Misology -- It's a bitch

If you voted Leave....... on 13:40 - Jul 9 with 1184 viewsvetchonian

If you voted Leave....... on 13:32 - Jul 9 by Highjack

spoken like a true dictator!

If you voted Leave....... on 13:41 - Jul 9 with 1181 viewsomarjack

If you voted Leave....... on 13:32 - Jul 9 by Highjack

The only way for "democracy" to prevail is by taking orders from some weird dude online.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

If you voted Leave....... on 13:47 - Jul 9 with 1167 viewsBarrySwan

If you voted Leave....... on 12:07 - Jul 9 by vetchonian

How many who voted leave when later questioned admitted they didnt realise what the outcomes would be?
I can remember seeing people interviewed who admitted to voting to leave but "didnt realise they would end up paying more for things"

So was this vote really a true and valid one?
HOw much was based on emotion and reaction to key issues such as immigration,what we pay to the EU without evaluating what we gain

Yes there are many "political" issues surrounding the EU and their "control"of the member states but as a country we still ahve powers to control some of those things but choose not to invoke them.

Wouldnt it have been better to have had some idea of what a post Brexit UK might look like before asking the electorate to decide?

I see..... so how did those who voted remain know what the outcomes would be if we had remained then?

They of course didn't, and don't, so by your criteria all their votes should have been discounted.

And

Yes the vote was a valid one. I'm surprised you have to ask.

Or are only outcomes that you agree with valid?
If you voted Leave....... on 13:49 - Jul 9 with 1163 viewsNookiejack

If you voted Leave....... on 13:14 - Jul 9 by vetchonian

Please read and digest!

Yes I did not see beyond the end of my nose. So I apologise for that.

However I don’t buy into your argument that because both sides make claims - you want another referendum.

Does that mean in each and every election where parties make claims - that you want to reverse the result of each one of them?

How do you know what the potential economic consequences are going to be? Mark Carney’s forecast says before Brexit have proved to be way off the mark.

We are currently in a trading block whose economic performance is sclerotic- the ECB is still conducting QE 10 years after the financial crisis. I think about half of Eurozone Govt Debt is monetised through QE. You want to continue to be a part of this?

I think there will be short term pain (I don’t know though no-one knows as there are too many variables) as EU politically can’t be seen to let us go quietly - however we will then be free to trade with areas of the world that have the greatest growth.

The EU lectures us on a hard border with Ireland - yet Germany is now going to send migrants back to countries where they first entered Europe - which means Italy, Hungary and Austria -which will result in them setting up hard borders - otherwise they will have to take all the migrants as that’s where they all arrive first in Europe.

Don”t you think it is mass uncontrolled immigration that has put the pressure on the NHS in the first place? So you have mass uncontrolled immigration - which means you have to then have even more immigration in respect of shoring up your public services? What size of population do you want in the U.K. It is now forecast to grow to 70milliom from about 56 million during 1970-2000 period.

At what level of U.K. population would you put up the drawbridge?
If you voted Leave....... on 13:53 - Jul 9 with 1154 viewssherpajacob

If you voted Leave....... on 11:34 - Jul 9 by Batterseajack

Whilst we're at it, would voters rather get punched in the face, or kicked in the balls?

The men all vote for a,punch in the face, the women for a boot in the knackers.

As there are more women than men. The more painful kick in the balls wins 52-48.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

If you voted Leave....... on 13:53 - Jul 9 with 1153 viewsUxbridge

If you voted Leave....... on 11:27 - Jul 9 by Shaky

Clearly the Trust should be consulted on the precise method and wording of the ballot.

We put in far more care and consideration to the wording of the question that Cameron did.

Anyway, Brexit means Brexit innit. Apart from the bits the Leave campaign stated that we wouldn't lose during the campaign which they've somewhat changed their minds on.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

If you voted Leave....... on 13:55 - Jul 9 with 1143 viewsUxbridge

If you voted Leave....... on 13:09 - Jul 9 by Nookiejack

Yes remember all those doom and gloom forecasts by Mark Carney.

I think, at best, you could argue the impact was delayed. Collective shock at the suicide pact of the nation perhaps. The reality is starting to hit home now though, isn't it.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024