Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you voted Leave....... 11:18 - Jul 9 with 22121 viewswestwalesed

…….and there was a 2nd Referendum, as the "Peoples Vote" brigade (oh the irony) want to have, how would you vote?

Hypothetically if the question was:

a) Accept the Current Deal (assuming it doesn't get watered down further) or
b) Leave the EU with No Deal in place.

I'm appealing to people here, don't let this be hijacked, no insults and petty points. Just a statement of how you voted originally would vote now, and why?

So to kick off:

I voted Leave.
I would vote to leave without a deal.
I would do so because I believe that the only way of the UK getting the deal it wants is to negotiate from a position of full Sovereign Independence.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

If you voted Leave....... on 19:47 - Jul 9 with 1558 viewsvetchonian

If you voted Leave....... on 19:37 - Jul 9 by Highjack

Yep I was wrong too. Sir Julian King. They slipped him in under the radar. But the fact none of us have ever heard of him before and none of us know who he is and what he believes in sort of reinforces my point.

Too late to worry about it now.....we leave the EU in March......
For me the main issue is many have taken the EU government as joke and not held their MEPS
To account as they would an MP
THe EU government has the ability to control the appointment of the President and commissioners but it doesn't appear anything has ever been done to control the "old boys club".....I will admit that I had not paid too much attention to the workings of the EU parliament or its "civil service" until the whole Brexit thing began....but then I'm not a truly political activist either.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

If you voted Leave....... on 19:52 - Jul 9 with 1543 viewsHighjack

If you voted Leave....... on 19:47 - Jul 9 by vetchonian

For me the main issue is many have taken the EU government as joke and not held their MEPS
THe EU government has the ability to control the appointment of the President and commissioners but it doesn't appear anything has ever been done to control the "old boys club".....I will admit that I had not paid too much attention to the workings of the EU parliament or its "civil service" until the whole Brexit thing began....but then I'm not a truly political activist either.

Here in Wales we have 4 MEP’s. Which one do I contact? I don’t remember any of their names on the ballot paper because their names weren’t on the ballot paper. With European elections you don’t know who is going to represent you until later. That’s the inherent problem with the PR system of voting. It’s the reason people in west wales who voted for Plaid Cymru ended up being represented by Neil f*cking Hamilton.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

If you voted Leave....... on 20:30 - Jul 9 with 1511 viewsvetchonian

If you voted Leave....... on 19:52 - Jul 9 by Highjack

Here in Wales we have 4 MEP’s. Which one do I contact? I don’t remember any of their names on the ballot paper because their names weren’t on the ballot paper. With European elections you don’t know who is going to represent you until later. That’s the inherent problem with the PR system of voting. It’s the reason people in west wales who voted for Plaid Cymru ended up being represented by Neil f*cking Hamilton.

So all democracy is flawed?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

If you voted Leave....... on 20:49 - Jul 9 with 1493 viewsthe_oracle

If you voted Leave....... on 15:02 - Jul 9 by BarrySwan

And personally I voted leave after working for two MEPs and working in the the EU parliament buildings in Brussels witnessing the corrupt, disgusting, undemocratic, parasitic practices of the unelected lawmakers and bodies within on a daily basis

So I did rather understand the implications of remaining in such a disgusting parasitic organisation.

Did you?
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 15:02]

" undemocratic, parasitic practices of the unelected lawmakers and bodies within on a daily basis" Go on then, tell us more. Start with "unelected".
If you voted Leave....... on 21:07 - Jul 9 with 1475 viewsHighjack

If you voted Leave....... on 20:30 - Jul 9 by vetchonian

So all democracy is flawed?

Yep.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

If you voted Leave....... on 21:53 - Jul 9 with 1443 viewsexiledclaseboy

If you voted Leave....... on 19:52 - Jul 9 by Highjack

That’s not true. You vote for a party not an individual but the names of all individuals on the party list for that constituency are on the ballot paper.

Poll: Tory leader

If you voted Leave....... on 22:30 - Jul 9 with 1427 viewshobo

If you voted Leave....... on 11:36 - Jul 9 by Highjack

At all costs?

Such as disenfranchising 17 and a half million people by telling them they've voted the wrong way so their vote is being overturned for the sake of 'the markets'?

Surely you can see that's completely unworkable?

I think the majority of those people have realised their mistake by now. Remain would win overwhelmingly if there's a re-vote.
If you voted Leave....... on 22:43 - Jul 9 with 1412 viewsNookiejack

Does anyone know what the ECB’s benchmark main refinancing rate and deposit rate was today?
Login to get fewer ads

If you voted Leave....... on 23:01 - Jul 9 with 1390 viewsLord_Bony

If you voted Leave....... on 12:43 - Jul 9 by Nookiejack

ECB now up to 2 trillion of QE. I think they are approaching monetising about 50 per cent of Eurozone Government Debt.

Woe betied another financial crisis.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/live/2018/jun/14/ecb

Begs the question...how the hell can they stop QE by Christmas? It might be a short pause but it will start up again in the spring,guaranteed. All they are doing is kicking the can further down the road.

If they stopped quantative easing for a sustained period then the Euro currency would simply collapse on the markets...followed by the collapse of the EU itself I would imagine.

2 trillion debt...eye watering, does anyone know how that's going to be paid back?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

If you voted Leave....... on 23:14 - Jul 9 with 1366 viewslonglostjack

At a political/ democratic level every one knows that the EU needs reforming. It’s a pity that the UK decided to throw their toys out of the pram instead of building alliances to fight for change from the inside. A legacy of it’s imperial past I suppose.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

If you voted Leave....... on 23:19 - Jul 9 with 1355 viewslonglostjack

If you voted Leave....... on 23:01 - Jul 9 by Lord_Bony

Begs the question...how the hell can they stop QE by Christmas? It might be a short pause but it will start up again in the spring,guaranteed. All they are doing is kicking the can further down the road.

If they stopped quantative easing for a sustained period then the Euro currency would simply collapse on the markets...followed by the collapse of the EU itself I would imagine.

2 trillion debt...eye watering, does anyone know how that's going to be paid back?

Depends who calls it in. Bit like the US dollar I suppose. The threat of mutual destruction for all concerned.

If you voted Leave....... on 23:31 - Jul 9 with 1339 viewsLord_Bony

If you voted Leave....... on 23:19 - Jul 9 by longlostjack

Depends who calls it in. Bit like the US dollar I suppose. The threat of mutual destruction for all concerned.

Well it can't go on indefinitely that's for sure. The ECB has to do something radical at some point.

The problem being will the north of Europe bear the brunt of it as their southern neighbours seem incapable of contributing anything towards the debt.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

If you voted Leave....... on 23:34 - Jul 9 with 1331 viewsNookiejack

If you voted Leave....... on 23:01 - Jul 9 by Lord_Bony

“Draghi said there would be no prospect of an increase in the ECB’s key lending rate — currently 0.0% — until next summer at the earliest.’

I think rate on the ECB deposit facility, which banks may use to make overnight deposits with the Eurosystem.savings rate is -0.4%. Yea that is a minus.

Why are the Remainer crazies advocating that we reverse Brexit?
If you voted Leave....... on 23:43 - Jul 9 with 1309 viewsLord_Bony

My own feeling is the Euro currency and the European Union is a house of cards waiting to collapse...it's the reason I voted out.

They have failed to address the debt crisis through beaurocratic bumbling and the chances of a contagion effect if one country collapses is still very real.

The future of the EU is not as rosy as people may think.

Forget Brexit,it's the future of the Euro we should be concerned about.

If you voted Leave....... on 23:45 - Jul 9 with 1304 viewslonglostjack

If you voted Leave....... on 23:31 - Jul 9 by Lord_Bony

Well it can't go on indefinitely that's for sure. The ECB has to do something radical at some point.

The problem being will the north of Europe bear the brunt of it as their southern neighbours seem incapable of contributing anything towards the debt.

The litmus test on that one will be Italy ! I can’t see the Euro surviving in it’s current status in the long term tbh. That doesn’t mean that EU is unsustainable !

If you voted Leave....... on 23:53 - Jul 9 with 1287 viewsKerouac

If you voted Leave....... on 19:47 - Jul 9 by vetchonian

Well done vetch for being one of the few 'Remainers' to admit to us and themselves that they haven't got a Scooby.

The EU hasn't got a government.
The member states each have their own governments.
The EU "parliament" is a talking shop less useful than the House of Lords.
The EU Commission is on it's way to being, and does in fact act as, the executive power overseeing the member state governments "promoting harmonisation"...think of the EU Commission as being the executive branch of the US government except that they are unelected and accountable to nobody.

European elites, in effect, appoint EU commissioners....better to circumnavigate democracy you see.
You only qualify for such a role if you have sucked off half the cabinet and the execs of European multinational corporations .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

If you voted Leave....... on 23:55 - Jul 9 with 1282 viewsKerouac

If you voted Leave....... on 23:45 - Jul 9 by longlostjack

The litmus test on that one will be Italy ! I can’t see the Euro surviving in it’s current status in the long term tbh. That doesn’t mean that EU is unsustainable !

Jeez,
think through the consequences of the Euro collapsing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

If you voted Leave....... on 23:55 - Jul 9 with 1282 viewsLord_Bony

If you voted Leave....... on 23:45 - Jul 9 by longlostjack

Good point,again it shows the very real knock on contagion effect a country like Italy could have on the bond markets and the euro itself.

The new government there are already making small talk about an Italian exit from the EU as are other member states.

This is why the UK Brexit will be made as difficult for us as possible because a successful,prosperous Britain of the future is going to trigger the end of the European Union.

If you voted Leave....... on 00:57 - Jul 10 with 1230 viewsTheKirkyLife

I'm 23-years-old. I've only known the EU and voted Remain. I also studied plenty of Politics in school and out of to inform my decisions across the board.

To continue with this path to Brexit is to doom Britain to economical and political annihilation on the world stage.

If there was a second referendum, of which there SHOULD be after all the allegations and proven truths of the Leave campaign, I'd not only vote remain again but I would actively work towards swinging others to my viewpoint.

Terrifying times and even more so seeing how many people are still blinded by this 30-year-old grudge thinking that Britain can be better as an independent country again. This should be a funny joke.
If you voted Leave....... on 01:06 - Jul 10 with 1226 viewsNookiejack

If you voted Leave....... on 00:57 - Jul 10 by TheKirkyLife

I'm 23-years-old. I've only known the EU and voted Remain. I also studied plenty of Politics in school and out of to inform my decisions across the board.

To continue with this path to Brexit is to doom Britain to economical and political annihilation on the world stage.

If there was a second referendum, of which there SHOULD be after all the allegations and proven truths of the Leave campaign, I'd not only vote remain again but I would actively work towards swinging others to my viewpoint.

Terrifying times and even more so seeing how many people are still blinded by this 30-year-old grudge thinking that Britain can be better as an independent country again. This should be a funny joke.

Yes terrifying times indeed if you think about what a United States of Europe means - governed by an unelected EU Commission.
If you voted Leave....... on 01:15 - Jul 10 with 1218 viewsBarrySwan

1) It's a 45 year grudge not a 30 year one, if you are that unaware of the most basic of facts then perhaps you are not the brightest spanner in the toolbox to be leading a non existent campaign in a non existent referendum.

2) Not only was it proved by papers released under the 30 year rule that the old scam merchant Edward Heath lied to the British people in regards his assertions that he just was making us join a trading partnership when he took us in without a vote but you're also clearly forgetting Project fear, 800,000 job losses, emergency budget, and all the other bollox spouted by your remain chummies.

3) Not to mention of course the massive larger spending figures the remain campaign wasted compared to that spent by the Leave campaign.

The fact that the indiscretions and broken electoral campaign regulations broken by the remain campaign far outweigh anything so far highlighted in the leave campaign.

The electoral Commission has so far have failed to investigate the substancial file forwarded to the Commission by MP Pritti Patel in regards to claims of irregularities carried out by the remain campaign.

4) We've had the vote which quite clearly shows that your viewpoint is in the minority in this country get over it.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2018 1:49]
If you voted Leave....... on 06:47 - Jul 10 with 1161 viewspeenemunde

I feel sorry for you.
You are a victim of the subliminal brain washing that exist in today’s schools.
What 30 yr grudge are you talking about ?
As for campaigning to bring others around to your way of thinking, i think you have more chance of putting your foot in rocking horse shite.
If you voted Leave....... on 07:12 - Jul 10 with 1139 viewsvalleyboy

If you voted Leave....... on 11:23 - Jul 9 by WarwickHunt

c) stay in the EU.

Or is your referendum only for those who voted to leave and still want to?

Are you Davis in disguise?

Stay in the EU?????

After the way you have seen the EU wanting to punish the U.K.??????

To be ruled by unelected Eurocrats

Knowing it’s Geranany that’s pulling the strings

Can’t believe some people are that dull
If you voted Leave....... on 07:15 - Jul 10 with 1136 viewsvalleyboy

If you voted Leave....... on 22:30 - Jul 9 by hobo

I think the majority of those people have realised their mistake by now. Remain would win overwhelmingly if there's a re-vote.

Dream on

If there was another referendum which there won’t be, the margin to leave would be higher
If you voted Leave....... on 07:20 - Jul 10 with 1127 viewsvalleyboy

If you voted Leave....... on 01:15 - Jul 10 by BarrySwan

1) It's a 45 year grudge not a 30 year one, if you are that unaware of the most basic of facts then perhaps you are not the brightest spanner in the toolbox to be leading a non existent campaign in a non existent referendum.

2) Not only was it proved by papers released under the 30 year rule that the old scam merchant Edward Heath lied to the British people in regards his assertions that he just was making us join a trading partnership when he took us in without a vote but you're also clearly forgetting Project fear, 800,000 job losses, emergency budget, and all the other bollox spouted by your remain chummies.

3) Not to mention of course the massive larger spending figures the remain campaign wasted compared to that spent by the Leave campaign.

The fact that the indiscretions and broken electoral campaign regulations broken by the remain campaign far outweigh anything so far highlighted in the leave campaign.

The electoral Commission has so far have failed to investigate the substancial file forwarded to the Commission by MP Pritti Patel in regards to claims of irregularities carried out by the remain campaign.

4) We've had the vote which quite clearly shows that your viewpoint is in the minority in this country get over it.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2018 1:49]

The Ekectrol Commission is without a doubt pro EU

As you said

Why have they failed to investigate the Pritti Patel file?????
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024