Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone Excited? 12:18 - Jul 9 with 2306 viewsSwan91

To see how we play tomorrow... yes I know it's against Yeovil and only pre season..... I'm just curious what shape we play, who GP sees as the go to players. Few things I hope happen in this first game:

1 - we have wingers..... I really hate us not playing with wingers and going so narrow and through the middle.

2 - How Jordi gets on.. guessing he is pretty much the only player that will definitely start surely.. with olsson not back.

3 - Where he will play J.Ayew.. would GP think of him as a winger... AM or Striker..

4 - Will Mcburnie feature.... and what type of striker would GP want him to be for us.

I am actually really happy to see it going again, Hope GP does well for us.. plays nice football and even though transfers have not happened... I am stil feeling positive about the squad that we have at the moment..

Also during this game... would HJ and others try to sign the Yeovil RB or get a deal sorted if we are interested.... I am pretty sure we have done that before in a pre season game.
Anyone Excited? on 12:20 - Jul 9 with 2300 viewsSwan91

Also.. does anyone know if there will be some sort of stream.. I live in Korea so can't watch.. hoping there is a fan streaming it so I don't have to wait for the highlights to be released on youtube.
Anyone Excited? on 12:22 - Jul 9 with 2284 viewsDarran

I don’t think I’ve ever been less excited this close to a start of a season.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anyone Excited? on 12:26 - Jul 9 with 2268 viewsSwan91

Anyone Excited? on 12:22 - Jul 9 by Darran

Really? I am feeling the opposite, last season was that feeling for me... feels like this can be a fresh start from the past 3-4 seasons of.... whatever it was. obviously there is nothing it show from it.. I just feel like we are correcting certain things and going back to how we were when we first got into the prem.
Anyone Excited? on 12:34 - Jul 9 with 2216 viewsDarran

Anyone Excited? on 12:26 - Jul 9 by Swan91

Really? I am feeling the opposite, last season was that feeling for me... feels like this can be a fresh start from the past 3-4 seasons of.... whatever it was. obviously there is nothing it show from it.. I just feel like we are correcting certain things and going back to how we were when we first got into the prem.

We’ve got a game three weeks Friday Rich and we currently haven’t got a team.

Anyone Excited? on 12:37 - Jul 9 with 2210 viewssainthelens

Anyone Excited? on 12:34 - Jul 9 by Darran

This.
Anyone Excited? on 12:37 - Jul 9 with 2207 viewsomarjack

I'm excited for Belgium vs France personally. I'll be tuning to that obviously.

Pure fun with no emotional commitment or potential heartbreak between the 2 sides that will win the World Cup..I already consider it to be the grand final.

1-Anyway yes..playing wingers is interesting and all,if it wasn't for the fact that our wingers are dire (or Dyer?)..we need 2-3 additions immediately unless Jordan stays then that's a one less winger needed.

2-Jordi..well that's interesting to see. Also nice to maybe see Dhanda kick a ball around.

3-J.Ayew? Who cares a f*ck no offence? I'd love him to stay but he won't. Why should we bother with him?

4-McBurnie might not suit Potter very much. Olli is a header poacher who can deliver goals but can't do much with the ball at his feet outside the box. Or at least I think so from what I've seen (I hope I'm wrong)...but since he's the only current viable option (committed the season with the Swans) then he'll probably feature.

Yeovil RB? surely not better than Roberts and Naughton. another stupid, lazy Falkirk-ish kind of signing if we go for him.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 12:38]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Anyone Excited? on 12:41 - Jul 9 with 2187 viewsLeonWasGod

Anyone Excited? on 12:37 - Jul 9 by sainthelens

This.

And that.

Highly predictable though, seeing as most on here predicted it. We'll drag out any high profile departures to the last minute and then leave ourselves short and panic buy. The same as we've always done under these new owners. I wish they'd sell up and feck off.
Anyone Excited? on 12:43 - Jul 9 with 2167 viewschad

Going to the game tomorrow so quite interested to see what’s occurring.

Even excited (long may it last)
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone Excited? on 12:57 - Jul 9 with 2116 viewscostalotta

No, not at all. Usually miss the start of the season anyway as I’m always on the med’ this year we’ve extended our time out there and coming back later.

You’d think We’d learn lessons, reviews and the like. Oh hang on....

Never mind... squad is top notch championship outfit according to some on here. But what you say about waiting, panic buying mode is crazy given how close the season is, there’s is nothing to suggest anything has changed. I remember when Martinez had his first close season and we signed Bauza, Rangel, Serran end of June beginning of July. He talked about then importance of having the squad in place so he could work with the more for the maximum time during the close season. That one thing there tells it’s own story.

How can we possibly rebuild our club and identity if we’ve not recognised mistakes, removed those that make them and have cohesive strategy, one which get the fans onside and designed to deliver success on the field.
Anyone Excited? on 12:58 - Jul 9 with 2110 viewscmajack

My sentiments entirely. Excited you must be joking. I'm seeing championship football instead of premier league and the same incompetent clowns are still running the club.
Anyone Excited? on 13:08 - Jul 9 with 2058 viewsjasper_T

Anyone Excited? on 12:37 - Jul 9 by omarjack

I'm excited for Belgium vs France personally. I'll be tuning to that obviously.

Pure fun with no emotional commitment or potential heartbreak between the 2 sides that will win the World Cup..I already consider it to be the grand final.

1-Anyway yes..playing wingers is interesting and all,if it wasn't for the fact that our wingers are dire (or Dyer?)..we need 2-3 additions immediately unless Jordan stays then that's a one less winger needed.

2-Jordi..well that's interesting to see. Also nice to maybe see Dhanda kick a ball around.

3-J.Ayew? Who cares a f*ck no offence? I'd love him to stay but he won't. Why should we bother with him?

4-McBurnie might not suit Potter very much. Olli is a header poacher who can deliver goals but can't do much with the ball at his feet outside the box. Or at least I think so from what I've seen (I hope I'm wrong)...but since he's the only current viable option (committed the season with the Swans) then he'll probably feature.

Yeovil RB? surely not better than Roberts and Naughton. another stupid, lazy Falkirk-ish kind of signing if we go for him.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 12:38]

Haven't noticed Dhanda in any of the first team training pics/vids. Don't think he's with the squad.
Anyone Excited? on 13:38 - Jul 9 with 1933 viewsmoonie

I'm right behind Darran too. I'm apprehensive,concerned ,pisssed off and upset .

I've no idea as to who might be playing for us let alone who wants to stay.

One fixture I want to see live this year is Liverpool v Cardiff . I'm hoping somehow,I can avail myself of a ticket. Seeing these trashed might assuage the pain of losing our PL status
Anyone Excited? on 15:40 - Jul 9 with 1720 viewsDarran

Anyone Excited? on 13:38 - Jul 9 by moonie

I'm right behind Darran too. I'm apprehensive,concerned ,pisssed off and upset .

I've no idea as to who might be playing for us let alone who wants to stay.

One fixture I want to see live this year is Liverpool v Cardiff . I'm hoping somehow,I can avail myself of a ticket. Seeing these trashed might assuage the pain of losing our PL status

“I'm right behind Darran too”

Very Kevin Spacey.

Anyone Excited? on 17:56 - Jul 9 with 1528 viewsbuilthjack

Silence is golden. Is it fck.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Anyone Excited? on 18:24 - Jul 9 with 1475 viewsN_T_J

So the game is tomorrow and not on Wednesday? 🤔

Im glad I clicked on this thread, i got tickets in the house i thought it was wednesday.
Anyone Excited? on 18:38 - Jul 9 with 1444 viewsOldjack

Same here ,there's a nagging thought that we are now gonna get milked slowly but surely ,and soon we won't have a pot to piss in

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Anyone Excited? on 19:53 - Jul 9 with 1357 viewsvetchonian

Anyone Excited? on 12:34 - Jul 9 by Darran

Please explain that one?
As it stands today Nortfledt,Naughton or Roberts,VDH,Fernades,Mawson,Amat,Olsen,Clucas,Carrol,Dyer,Routeledge,Byers,Ayews J and A,McBurnie

Is that or not a team?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Anyone Excited? on 19:56 - Jul 9 with 1348 viewsjasper_T

Anyone Excited? on 19:53 - Jul 9 by vetchonian

Please explain that one?
As it stands today Nortfledt,Naughton or Roberts,VDH,Fernades,Mawson,Amat,Olsen,Clucas,Carrol,Dyer,Routeledge,Byers,Ayews J and A,McBurnie

Is that or not a team?

People expect us to sign 6 or 7 new players to give us the 40 man squad needed to compete at this elite level.
Anyone Excited? on 20:01 - Jul 9 with 1327 viewsDarran

Anyone Excited? on 19:53 - Jul 9 by vetchonian

Please explain that one?

Is that or not a team?

Nortfledt,Mawson,Olsson And Clucas aren’t available.

Anyone Excited? on 20:20 - Jul 9 with 1273 viewsvetchonian

Anyone Excited? on 12:57 - Jul 9 by costalotta

No, not at all. Usually miss the start of the season anyway as I’m always on the med’ this year we’ve extended our time out there and coming back later.

You’d think We’d learn lessons, reviews and the like. Oh hang on....

Never mind... squad is top notch championship outfit according to some on here. But what you say about waiting, panic buying mode is crazy given how close the season is, there’s is nothing to suggest anything has changed. I remember when Martinez had his first close season and we signed Bauza, Rangel, Serran end of June beginning of July. He talked about then importance of having the squad in place so he could work with the more for the maximum time during the close season. That one thing there tells it’s own story.

How can we possibly rebuild our club and identity if we’ve not recognised mistakes, removed those that make them and have cohesive strategy, one which get the fans onside and designed to deliver success on the field.

So we all wanted the recruitment system to change with more input from the manager.....how long has Potter and team been in place........how long have they had to evaluate the current squad and identify targets?

Roberto had been a player at the club knew most of the players and had half a season as manager here before his first close season.

I t is a clusterf*ck we know that.....firstly we should never have got relegated but we were and now we need to rebuild......and let the manager build a team .....not HJ or the recruitment committee.......it appears things may be changing let's wait and see.....or did people want the same as the last few seasons?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Anyone Excited? on 20:52 - Jul 9 with 1227 viewsjasper_T

It'll be interesting to see what type of system Potter has us using.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024