Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bartley 18:07 - Jul 9 with 8422 viewsbuilthjack

£3.5m transfer to a West Brom very close to being completed.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bartley on 11:11 - Jul 10 with 2346 viewsraynor94

Bartley on 08:41 - Jul 10 by Private_Partz

3 weeks and counting... I hope our quality CBs are still with us, not likely imho. They will be gone on the last day of the window when we realise we can't get any more dosh. Panic buys may a occur around this time although I am not even holding my breath on that one.
I can see us running with what is left of the squad and a few new U23s.
Hope I am wrong but history backs up this view.
Out of interest, how long do you wait until it becomes a concern for you?
'Harry'? Was not my invention but I like it as a form of endearment. Don't let such little things bother you. Look at the bigger picture.

If we lose two centre backs as well as Bartley, then yes I'll panic. until then I'll keep my powder dry

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bartley on 12:06 - Jul 10 with 2280 viewsDrizzy

The most shocking aspect of this story is the fact that Bartley is still on our payroll.

36 appearances for us in 6 years. Handed a (presumably increased) contract after every handful of decent performances in the league cup.

A dreadful policy of rewarding utterly mediocre players with new deals after every glimpse of some ability. See also: Barrow, M.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Bartley on 12:12 - Jul 10 with 2262 viewsomarjack

Bartley on 12:06 - Jul 10 by Drizzy

The most shocking aspect of this story is the fact that Bartley is still on our payroll.

36 appearances for us in 6 years. Handed a (presumably increased) contract after every handful of decent performances in the league cup.

A dreadful policy of rewarding utterly mediocre players with new deals after every glimpse of some ability. See also: Barrow, M.

Bartley came from a successful loan at Leeds. We wanted him to stay at our senior squad as a 4th choice CB. And in order to do so we had to give him a bigger contract to compete with Leeds's offer. (as they were interested in signing him permanently)

Anyway I'm glad he'll be gone. Because if he stays he'll expect to be a starter and that's the last thing we won't. Too injury prone and he's not likely to perform week in, week out.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Bartley on 12:19 - Jul 10 with 2245 viewsDrizzy

Bartley on 12:12 - Jul 10 by omarjack

Bartley came from a successful loan at Leeds. We wanted him to stay at our senior squad as a 4th choice CB. And in order to do so we had to give him a bigger contract to compete with Leeds's offer. (as they were interested in signing him permanently)

Anyway I'm glad he'll be gone. Because if he stays he'll expect to be a starter and that's the last thing we won't. Too injury prone and he's not likely to perform week in, week out.

It was the perfect time to sell but we'd conducted business so poorly in the transfer window we'd have had no time to get a replacement.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2018 12:19]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Bartley on 15:36 - Jul 10 with 2082 viewsdobjack2

Bartley on 22:59 - Jul 9 by jasper_T

18 months ago we didn't have a youngster near ready for the level we were playing.

Which is why we had to keep him and says a lot about our succession planning.
Bartley on 16:51 - Jul 10 with 2014 viewsSmellyplumz

Asset stripping started then.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Bartley on 17:07 - Jul 10 with 1977 viewsjasper_T

Bartley on 16:51 - Jul 10 by Smellyplumz

Asset stripping started then.

Bartley's hardly been much of an asset, has he.
Bartley on 17:09 - Jul 10 with 1968 viewsSmellyplumz

Bartley on 17:07 - Jul 10 by jasper_T

Bartley's hardly been much of an asset, has he.

You ain't seen the turd we'll replace him with yet.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Login to get fewer ads

Bartley on 19:03 - Jul 10 with 1878 viewsPentyrchJack

I'd bite their hands off for that amount. Good to see our Championship rivals have caught the Huw flu by overpaying.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Bartley on 00:51 - Jul 15 with 1698 viewsbuilthjack

It could rise to £7m.
£3.5m upfront
£1.5m if West Brom go straight back up
£1m if they then stay up
£1m if they then survive another season.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bartley on 07:57 - Jul 15 with 1580 viewsSwan91

Bartley on 17:09 - Jul 10 by Smellyplumz

You ain't seen the turd we'll replace him with yet.

Don't need to replace... we had too many CB's (with Amat back) if everyone stays (could be possible... not sure) then we don't need to replace.

If fernandez goes and Mawson also goes (think mawson would be difficult due to Injury) then I think we would need to sign another 1
Bartley on 09:54 - Jul 15 with 1467 viewsjack_lord

Sources saying that Swansea have agreed 4 million and he should be gone by tomorrow. That figure is probable about right from the buying team's perspective.

It gets his wages off our books and it all depends what happens with the other players.

We have got players in the under 23's who can play a bit part role if we are desperate and will be as effective as Bartley. The concerns rise as we get closer to the start of the season and someone offers bigger money for Fernandes and Mawson and then we have nothing.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Bartley on 10:11 - Jul 15 with 1439 viewsmoonie

Jase. It's very worrying and frankly I find it hard to discuss anything about th club right now.
Fire sale seems aposite word

Just who the feck is going to start for us.

Apart from routs that is
Bartley on 11:20 - Jul 15 with 1367 viewsawayjack

Bartley on 07:57 - Jul 15 by Swan91

Don't need to replace... we had too many CB's (with Amat back) if everyone stays (could be possible... not sure) then we don't need to replace.

If fernandez goes and Mawson also goes (think mawson would be difficult due to Injury) then I think we would need to sign another 1

Mawson has 3 PL clubs after him and Fernandes made it clear he wants out, so true to form our Board will sell. At some point people will realise our Board will sell any player of value. Those players left are those other clubs don't want or are injured who'll be sold in Jan.
Bartley on 12:39 - Jul 15 with 1317 views34dfgdf54

Bartley goes to fund the Asoro deal. £2mill upfront, £2m to Sunderland.

Hopefully the Fabianksi money will be reinvested, but I can’t see any other incomings until Mawson or Clucas are shipped out.
Bartley on 13:43 - Jul 15 with 1269 viewspencoedjack

Bartley on 12:06 - Jul 10 by Drizzy

Think I said the same earlier in thread about his appearances in 6 years

I’d add Dyer & Routs to the list although unsure if I even seem ‘any level of ability’ of them in past 3 years

Woeful awarding of shite with new contracts
Bartley on 10:21 - Jul 16 with 1054 views34dfgdf54

Bartley to WBA confirmed.
Bartley on 10:27 - Jul 16 with 1042 viewsomarjack

Good. Acting all mighty thinking himself the new Sol Campbell or some big sh!t.

But with Bartley, Mawson, Fernandez , Amat all being shipped out we'll need 2 new CBs.

Could Amat stay? He was used mostly as a DMF with Betis. And they decided to go with William Carvalho from Sporting for a 20 m euros record deal. So maybe they won't be going after Jordi after all.

Bartley on 10:39 - Jul 16 with 999 viewsjasper_T

Bartley on 10:27 - Jul 16 by omarjack

Good. Acting all mighty thinking himself the new Sol Campbell or some big sh!t.

But with Bartley, Mawson, Fernandez , Amat all being shipped out we'll need 2 new CBs.

Could Amat stay? He was used mostly as a DMF with Betis. And they decided to go with William Carvalho from Sporting for a 20 m euros record deal. So maybe they won't be going after Jordi after all.

Amat played on the left of a back three most of the time for Betis.
Bartley on 10:48 - Jul 16 with 961 viewsomarjack

Bartley on 10:39 - Jul 16 by jasper_T

Amat played on the left of a back three most of the time for Betis.

True, Double checking facts is very important. I was at fault here.

Anyway what are they waiting for? Unless they don't have a buy option and they want better value for their money. As it's likely that we'll demand over 6-7 m for him after his impressive spell.

Bartley on 10:53 - Jul 16 with 941 viewsjasper_T

Bartley on 10:48 - Jul 16 by omarjack

True, Double checking facts is very important. I was at fault here.

Anyway what are they waiting for? Unless they don't have a buy option and they want better value for their money. As it's likely that we'll demand over 6-7 m for him after his impressive spell.

Buy options usually expire when the loan does, so a few weeks ago. Maybe they think they can do better now that they're in Europe, maybe he thinks he can do better and turned them down, maybe the money's just not good enough or he's desperate to play in the Championship.

I never expected him to come back for preseason.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024