Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bartley 18:07 - Jul 9 with 8424 viewsbuilthjack

£3.5m transfer to a West Brom very close to being completed.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bartley on 19:42 - Jul 9 with 2074 viewsjasper_T

Bartley on 19:36 - Jul 9 by hobo

What a terrible deal if true. Top Championship centre backs don't come that cheaply - unless it's us that's selling it seems. I wonder what would happen if we put a £3.5m bid in For Craig Dawson...

He'd refuse to show up for training, probably.
Bartley on 19:46 - Jul 9 with 2057 viewsDewi1jack

Bartley on 18:40 - Jul 9 by nantywatcher

Damn my eyesight - I thought that said £8.5 million,

Beaky would have carried him there for that fee.
Helluva bonus on offer.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Bartley on 19:46 - Jul 9 with 2057 viewsHighjack

Bartley on 19:36 - Jul 9 by hobo

What a terrible deal if true. Top Championship centre backs don't come that cheaply - unless it's us that's selling it seems. I wonder what would happen if we put a £3.5m bid in For Craig Dawson...

We didn’t put in a bid for Craig Dawson years ago but Huw wouldn’t pay Rochdales extortionate demands

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Bartley on 19:57 - Jul 9 with 2009 viewsdobjack2

Bartley on 19:02 - Jul 9 by thornabyswan

Monk did when he had his stubborn head on kept on picking him ahead of Fernandez got sacked not long after.

And that’s about it. Not surprised he wants to leave tbh.
Bartley on 20:24 - Jul 9 with 1951 viewspencoedjack

Bartley on 18:43 - Jul 9 by Badlands

Has Bartley shown any interest in playing for Swansea over the past 4 years?

Played 21 times in 6 years

We sell him when we get to the level he'd probably half decent at

Fuk off Bartley you have robbed the club for years.
Bartley on 20:29 - Jul 9 with 1940 viewsdobjack2

Bartley on 20:24 - Jul 9 by pencoedjack

A tad over the top I think.
Bartley on 20:32 - Jul 9 with 1930 viewsomarjack

Well f*ck him. I think WBA are even in bigger shambles than us right now. Knowing their awful luck he'll have a terrible season packed with injuries.

Good riddance imo..it's just..3.5 m is a bit too low.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Bartley on 20:56 - Jul 9 with 1841 viewsFlashberryjack

Bartley on 18:53 - Jul 9 by Badlands

Sell,sell, sell and replace with youngsters or freebies. Fans want comitted players.

Committed players are only committed until a better offer comes along.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Bartley on 20:59 - Jul 9 with 1833 viewspencoedjack

Bartley on 20:29 - Jul 9 by dobjack2

A tad over the top I think.

Which part?
Bartley on 21:25 - Jul 9 with 1756 viewsLandore_Jack

Good riddance.

#backtojack

Bartley on 21:32 - Jul 9 with 1726 viewsGixerJack

Bartley on 19:36 - Jul 9 by airedale

Who’s Clearly?

Isn't he the bloke that said he'd been fisting Norman Lamont?
Bartley on 21:47 - Jul 9 with 1693 viewsvalleyboy

Bartley on 18:34 - Jul 9 by Whiterockin

Excellent news if he wants to leave and as you say, if it covers Fernandez and Mawsons wages for next season we are covered, with VDH as well.

Not very good at maths are you

That equates to just £38.5k per week for each player

That amount of money will certainly keep Mawson wanting to play for the Swans, I don’t think
Bartley on 22:40 - Jul 9 with 1597 viewsdobjack2

Bartley on 20:59 - Jul 9 by pencoedjack

Which part?

That he has robbed the club. Most of the time 4th choice centre half and given a new contract.

That is the issue. If we didn’t really want him we should have sold him 18 months or so ago and looked to develop one of the youngsters. However because we were so scared of being relegated the managers didn’t dare do that. Can’t blame the player or managers for that.

Some might say that Jenkins has been anticipating relegation and offering long contracts to players who he thought could do a job in the championship. If that was the reasoning behind Bartley’s contract it has blown up a bit in his face.
Bartley on 22:49 - Jul 9 with 1568 viewsmajorraglan

I agree with those saying if he doesn’t ant to be here then we should sell, but we need to apply some common sense here.
He never held down a regular place in the PL, but he did a very tidy job for Leeds in the Championship and their fans held him in high esteem and would have him back if they could. I reckon he could do a job for Swansea in the Championship, but if he wants out sell him f the price is right.
Bartley on 22:59 - Jul 9 with 1549 viewsjasper_T

Bartley on 22:40 - Jul 9 by dobjack2

That he has robbed the club. Most of the time 4th choice centre half and given a new contract.

That is the issue. If we didn’t really want him we should have sold him 18 months or so ago and looked to develop one of the youngsters. However because we were so scared of being relegated the managers didn’t dare do that. Can’t blame the player or managers for that.

Some might say that Jenkins has been anticipating relegation and offering long contracts to players who he thought could do a job in the championship. If that was the reasoning behind Bartley’s contract it has blown up a bit in his face.

18 months ago we didn't have a youngster near ready for the level we were playing.
Bartley on 23:22 - Jul 9 with 1511 viewsMorfa_Same

Bartley on 20:24 - Jul 9 by pencoedjack

I was about to post much the same. He spends almost 7 years collecting a generous wage for doing absolutely feck all and then leaves just when he may be able to contribute something.
Bartley on 01:05 - Jul 10 with 1426 viewsSwan91

Good if we can keep Fernandez, Mawson, VDH and Amat (all looking likely at the moment). Can only see Mawson going but he is injured so probably couldn't even pass a medical.
Bartley on 03:58 - Jul 10 with 1388 viewsWhiterockin

Bartley on 21:47 - Jul 9 by valleyboy

Not very good at maths are you

That equates to just £38.5k per week for each player

That amount of money will certainly keep Mawson wanting to play for the Swans, I don’t think

Mawson is on £20K a week.
Bartley on 07:16 - Jul 10 with 1297 viewsPrivate_Partz

IF true it will be a clear indication of our intentions. Sell whoever can and replace with youngsters and rely on the Jenkins wheeling and dealing yet again. Selling to WBA is madness.
KB never had an opportunity as we have always been well covered in the CB positions. Farmed out at every opportunity he has always done well.
In view of our clusterfeck of a club it us hardly surprising players want out. We should be trying to convince them that we are still a club worth playing for.
Problem is the supporters have serious doubts. Imagine how the players feel looking at this lot from the inside.
Poor old Harry trying to pick a team tonight with no signings and the remaining majority being either sold off or wanting out regardless.
A bloody mess.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2018 7:25]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bartley on 08:14 - Jul 10 with 1238 viewsraynor94

Bartley on 07:16 - Jul 10 by Private_Partz

IF true it will be a clear indication of our intentions. Sell whoever can and replace with youngsters and rely on the Jenkins wheeling and dealing yet again. Selling to WBA is madness.
KB never had an opportunity as we have always been well covered in the CB positions. Farmed out at every opportunity he has always done well.
In view of our clusterfeck of a club it us hardly surprising players want out. We should be trying to convince them that we are still a club worth playing for.
Problem is the supporters have serious doubts. Imagine how the players feel looking at this lot from the inside.
Poor old Harry trying to pick a team tonight with no signings and the remaining majority being either sold off or wanting out regardless.
A bloody mess.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2018 7:25]

Totally ott, we have quality centre backs, all better than Bartley, 3.5 million is a good deal.

Let's wait and see if the money is made available to Potter and who else he signs, before the toys come out of the pram.

And "Harry" seriously?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bartley on 08:23 - Jul 10 with 1221 viewsWarwickHunt

Bartley on 01:05 - Jul 10 by Swan91

Good if we can keep Fernandez, Mawson, VDH and Amat (all looking likely at the moment). Can only see Mawson going but he is injured so probably couldn't even pass a medical.

Keeping Amat looks likely? Sadly, I don’t think so.
Bartley on 08:41 - Jul 10 with 1183 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bartley on 08:14 - Jul 10 by raynor94

Totally ott, we have quality centre backs, all better than Bartley, 3.5 million is a good deal.

Let's wait and see if the money is made available to Potter and who else he signs, before the toys come out of the pram.

And "Harry" seriously?

3 weeks and counting... I hope our quality CBs are still with us, not likely imho. They will be gone on the last day of the window when we realise we can't get any more dosh. Panic buys may a occur around this time although I am not even holding my breath on that one.
I can see us running with what is left of the squad and a few new U23s.
Hope I am wrong but history backs up this view.
Out of interest, how long do you wait until it becomes a concern for you?
'Harry'? Was not my invention but I like it as a form of endearment. Don't let such little things bother you. Look at the bigger picture.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bartley on 09:09 - Jul 10 with 1135 viewsomarjack

Fernandez & VDH as starters give me confidence. I like both and imo they're both mid table PL quality.

But with losing Mawson, Bartley and Amat we won't have any back-ups.

Assuming Rodon or Harries can slot in the 4th choice CB. We'll obviously need a back-up. And considering we'll be selling Bartley for 3.5 m only. All of this will be invested in a new CB which means this hasn't been a good deal financially. He's just signed a new contract last year. He's proven himself in the Champs. He's in demand. We should have pocketed 6 m imo or he stays.

Bartley on 09:34 - Jul 10 with 1106 viewsSwan91

Bartley on 09:09 - Jul 10 by omarjack

Fernandez & VDH as starters give me confidence. I like both and imo they're both mid table PL quality.

But with losing Mawson, Bartley and Amat we won't have any back-ups.

Assuming Rodon or Harries can slot in the 4th choice CB. We'll obviously need a back-up. And considering we'll be selling Bartley for 3.5 m only. All of this will be invested in a new CB which means this hasn't been a good deal financially. He's just signed a new contract last year. He's proven himself in the Champs. He's in demand. We should have pocketed 6 m imo or he stays.

To be fair I have not seen any rumours or reports of Amat going at the moment, and he is back training with us, Also Mawson is still recovering from his surgery (according to GP) so probably won't be able to complete a medical. Also looks like teams were put off by our asking price.

So it could be likely that we keep both here with us.

I do agree though the amount is pretty low... would have expected atleast 6-7mill for an English player who was captain of a Championship team last season.
Bartley on 09:44 - Jul 10 with 1089 viewsomarjack

Bartley on 09:34 - Jul 10 by Swan91

To be fair I have not seen any rumours or reports of Amat going at the moment, and he is back training with us, Also Mawson is still recovering from his surgery (according to GP) so probably won't be able to complete a medical. Also looks like teams were put off by our asking price.

So it could be likely that we keep both here with us.

I do agree though the amount is pretty low... would have expected atleast 6-7mill for an English player who was captain of a Championship team last season.

I actually don't want Mawson to stay.

If he does, We won't have money to improve positions we need working on. AMF and wingers as a main example.

We'll be just like last season. Solid defence. But sh!t going forward.

We need to balance that even if it meant sacrificing Mawson. (I think 20 m is quite possible with Wolves and Everton interested and willing to pay)

With this money we can land 2 really good championship level playmakers and Mawson's replacement maybe.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024