Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joel Asoro 21:18 - Jul 9 with 21628 viewsEU5Makaveli

19 year old Sunderland striker- we are interested according to Alan Nixon
Joel Asoro on 09:33 - Jul 10 with 3058 viewsomarjack

Joel Asoro on 09:25 - Jul 10 by LeonWasGod

Agreed. I've no idea about this kid. But just the fact we're not looking at overpaid PL failures like McClean, and that clearly Potter is having an influence, fills me with hope.

We need to build again and this is a step in the right direction. Even if the guy bombs (obviously I hope he doesn't and suspect he won't if Potter knows his onions), I still think it's the right approach.

Well the truth is..we need a back-up CF. And the fact that he can play on the wings is a big bonus.

We were linked with Mrabti for this position. And I don't see why he'd be better than Asoro.

It might all end well. At least it looks like we have a plan. Not just a random mishmash of players who might be mildly famous with no coherency.

Hopefully Ghoddos is next.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Joel Asoro on 09:37 - Jul 10 with 3056 viewsJinxy

Joel Asoro on 08:59 - Jul 10 by magicdaps10

Encouraged too hear that Potter wants to go with younger, hungrier players.....this is something we went from in the last 2/3 seasons.

We signed too many mercenaries in their late 20s who were after a pay day in the premier league. The better players we signed were younger players who wanted to make a name for themselves or players who had potential but had not quite made the breakthrough for whatever reason yet.

Absolutely. GP and his team stressed the other night the importance of players being hungry and wanting to play for the club. If they do, they're in, if not they're out. Why some people are moaning about this refreshing change is beyond me. Back the coach!
Joel Asoro on 09:42 - Jul 10 with 3034 viewsPrivate_Partz

Joel Asoro on 09:07 - Jul 10 by thornabyswan

Of course I would have liked us to have signed a couple of experienced Championship players by now.
But I also want the future of the club safeguarded.
Surely you can see that we need to reduce our outgoings before we spend.

I would equate our situation to losing a job you then need to sell your house and buy a smaller one.
If we were to sign players before offloading that's like buying the smaller house before you have sold the one you are living in.
We have to live within our means and if that means buying cheap at the end of the window so be it.

Yep I agree with that but how can we achieve that with Jenkins and the Yanks still here?
We have been lied to about the 'next level' .
The only hope for me is that Harry will indeed be a magician and these younger players will fill the gaps of those who want out and those who will be sold to balance the books.
It's a bloody long shot in my book, especially with the bunch of Charlatans at the top still involved.
What we are seeing unfolding is dithering and buying on the cheap as usual. I also think it is unfair to expect young players to immediately step up to the plate.
There are lots of opinions about that the Championship is going to be a cakewalk and our much reduced relegation squad, coupled with a few cheap under 23s, will suffice. I very much doubt this.
No one will be happier than me if Potter turns out to be that person who can achieve success with his hands tied behind his back and the millstone of Jenkins and the Hedge Funders round his neck.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Joel Asoro on 09:42 - Jul 10 with 3032 viewsSwan91

Joel Asoro on 09:33 - Jul 10 by omarjack

Well the truth is..we need a back-up CF. And the fact that he can play on the wings is a big bonus.

We were linked with Mrabti for this position. And I don't see why he'd be better than Asoro.

It might all end well. At least it looks like we have a plan. Not just a random mishmash of players who might be mildly famous with no coherency.

A 19 year old who impressed for a bad championship side. Expecting him to have a higher scoring record is pretty crazy considering the team around him. You can't expect strikers to score if they don't have the correct ball and support from the midfielders. And like it has been said, he also played on the wing. Young fast winger who is also a striker is ideal for us right now.

And if Mcburnie plays well for us (or we even manager to keep a player like J.Ayew/Bony) then having his pace on the wing would be ideal for our play!
Joel Asoro on 09:44 - Jul 10 with 3023 viewstheloneranger

Joel Asoro on 09:33 - Jul 10 by omarjack

Östersunds have received a bid from China for Ghoddos

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Joel Asoro on 09:46 - Jul 10 with 3001 viewsLeonWasGod

Joel Asoro on 09:42 - Jul 10 by Swan91

A 19 year old who impressed for a bad championship side. Expecting him to have a higher scoring record is pretty crazy considering the team around him. You can't expect strikers to score if they don't have the correct ball and support from the midfielders. And like it has been said, he also played on the wing. Young fast winger who is also a striker is ideal for us right now.

And if Mcburnie plays well for us (or we even manager to keep a player like J.Ayew/Bony) then having his pace on the wing would be ideal for our play!

Bottom line though is this is obviously Potter's doing. He likes him having worked with him before, and if we're going to give Potter a chance have to let him bring in the players he thinks will help us. And I assume (hope!) he'll have a few more lined up as well.

I reserve the right to change my mind if Potter's team and this guy is completely shit
Joel Asoro on 09:47 - Jul 10 with 2999 viewsjasper_T

Joel Asoro on 07:21 - Jul 10 by magicdaps10

Think some are being too quick to knock the deal and the lad.
How many 19yr olds do we have who have played 20 odd championship games and scored 3 goals?
Arsenal seemed to be keen but the lad wants first team football. Has a terrific goalscoring record in under age football and Sweden under age national teams.

People are also forgetting that we are now in the championship NOT the Premier league.

If we'd been in the Championship last season and had a mass exodus a few of our current u23s might well have 20 games by now.

He may well be a fantastic talent but the main thing making him stand out is that he got an opportunity due to Sunderland's collapse.
Joel Asoro on 09:49 - Jul 10 with 2966 viewsomarjack

Joel Asoro on 09:44 - Jul 10 by theloneranger

They can pay him more obviously. But he might not see the appeal. Although championship football is hardly appealing as well.

Hopefully he'll choose well. And be a PL players after this season. (promoted with us I mean, not to seal a move to Cardiff as we sulk in the championship ffs)

Login to get fewer ads

Joel Asoro on 09:56 - Jul 10 with 2943 viewsmagicdaps10

Joel Asoro on 09:47 - Jul 10 by jasper_T

If we'd been in the Championship last season and had a mass exodus a few of our current u23s might well have 20 games by now.

He may well be a fantastic talent but the main thing making him stand out is that he got an opportunity due to Sunderland's collapse.

And he obviously done quite well to make Arsenal and Derby take notice.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:59 - Jul 10 with 2936 viewsthornabyswan

Joel Asoro on 09:42 - Jul 10 by Private_Partz

Yep I agree with that but how can we achieve that with Jenkins and the Yanks still here?
The only hope for me is that Harry will indeed be a magician and these younger players will fill the gaps of those who want out and those who will be sold to balance the books.
It's a bloody long shot in my book, especially with the bunch of Charlatans at the top still involved.
What we are seeing unfolding is dithering and buying on the cheap as usual. I also think it is unfair to expect young players to immediately step up to the plate.
There are lots of opinions about that the Championship is going to be a cakewalk and our much reduced relegation squad, coupled with a few cheap under 23s, will suffice. I very much doubt this.
No one will be happier than me if Potter turns out to be that person who can achieve success with his hands tied behind his back and the millstone of Jenkins and the Hedge Funders round his neck.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Joel Asoro on 10:04 - Jul 10 with 2921 viewsChief

Joel Asoro on 09:46 - Jul 10 by LeonWasGod

Bottom line though is this is obviously Potter's doing. He likes him having worked with him before, and if we're going to give Potter a chance have to let him bring in the players he thinks will help us. And I assume (hope!) he'll have a few more lined up as well.

I reserve the right to change my mind if Potter's team and this guy is completely shit

Where has Potter worked with Asoro before?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Joel Asoro on 10:04 - Jul 10 with 2919 viewsDaggyjack

A very good talent. A good signing to me, very pleased as he is highly thought of.
Previously watched by top clubs including Juventus and Man City and was thought to be leaving Sunderland for a top flight club.
Joel Asoro on 10:10 - Jul 10 with 2891 viewsLeonWasGod

Joel Asoro on 10:04 - Jul 10 by Chief

Where has Potter worked with Asoro before?

Sorry, misread article - it says he's *familiar* to Potter having come through the Swedish system. Not quite the same, granted. But sounds like he's aware of what he could bring to us.
Joel Asoro on 10:19 - Jul 10 with 2849 viewsChief

Joel Asoro on 10:10 - Jul 10 by LeonWasGod

Sorry, misread article - it says he's *familiar* to Potter having come through the Swedish system. Not quite the same, granted. But sounds like he's aware of what he could bring to us.

Yea agreed

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Joel Asoro on 10:28 - Jul 10 with 2816 viewsthornabyswan

Joel Asoro on 09:42 - Jul 10 by Private_Partz

Personally I prefer going for the young hungry players.
Have seen enough of the mercenary type had plenty in recent years.
We have to trust in Potter his methods and his recruitment team.
As regards the next level crap just leave it go Jenkins the hedgefunders as you call them won't be with us for ever.
Don't let them spoil it for you that's my view anyway.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Joel Asoro on 10:29 - Jul 10 with 2814 viewsawayjack

Sounds promising and hopefully our intent to put some pace and width on our game. Early rumours Dyer off to Celtic as Wilson declined Celtic wanting more play time. I'd take Wilson on loan in a heart beat.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2018 10:30]
Joel Asoro on 10:34 - Jul 10 with 2778 viewsomarjack

Joel Asoro on 10:29 - Jul 10 by awayjack

Sounds promising and hopefully our intent to put some pace and width on our game. Early rumours Dyer off to Celtic as Wilson declined Celtic wanting more play time. I'd take Wilson on loan in a heart beat.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2018 10:30]

Wilson would be a great loan. I think Klopp will still loan him out as he's not ready for their senior squad (although he's an upgrade over Solanke and Ings so you never know)

As for Dyer to Celtic. That's just newspaper talk with zero substance. They don't even claim there are links. They're just saying that it'd be a good idea for Rodgers to sign his former player.

Anyway I'll still keep Dyer. Still a decent back-up.

Joel Asoro on 10:59 - Jul 10 with 2695 viewsLoyal

Joel Asoro on 22:35 - Jul 9 by thornabyswan

Highly thought of Wolves Arsenal Spurs have all been watching him.

So did 30 odd thousand Sunderland fans when they got relegated.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Joel Asoro on 11:25 - Jul 10 with 2633 viewsomarjack

Odd, parody like confirmation from Sunderland owner Stewart Donald.

[Post edited 10 Jul 2018 11:26]

Joel Asoro on 11:29 - Jul 10 with 2617 viewsomarjack

I find it odd that various sources claim he's from a Nigerian descent while Transfermarkt (A site fully I trust) say he's Ghanian.

Well..who cares.

Joel Asoro on 11:36 - Jul 10 with 2584 viewsBadlands

Joel Asoro on 09:44 - Jul 10 by theloneranger

I shouldn't worry he's not that good.
It's OK wanting young players who are hungry for success but they have to be able to deliver (or at ver least show they are capable of delivering).

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Joel Asoro on 12:16 - Jul 10 with 2476 viewsawayjack

Joel Asoro on 10:34 - Jul 10 by omarjack

Wilson would be a great loan. I think Klopp will still loan him out as he's not ready for their senior squad (although he's an upgrade over Solanke and Ings so you never know)

As for Dyer to Celtic. That's just newspaper talk with zero substance. They don't even claim there are links. They're just saying that it'd be a good idea for Rodgers to sign his former player.

Anyway I'll still keep Dyer. Still a decent back-up.

Yup Dyer is pure speculation on the back of Wilson not going to Celtic. Agree Dyer could do a job in Chamionship but if it were a trade off I'd prefer Wilson.
Joel Asoro on 12:46 - Jul 10 with 2385 viewsomarjack

Don't bother asking Sunderland fans for a coherent opinion.

Joel Asoro on 15:49 - Jul 10 with 2136 viewsSwan91

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-sunderla

Interesting to read he had his PL debut when he was 17 years old.. and that he has blistering pace.

seems like we are going back to having pace on our wings.. would make sense for counter attacking... and possibly playing a nice way again.
Joel Asoro on 16:58 - Jul 10 with 1981 viewsherbie

Much more excited to see young players brought in who will be hungry rather than overpaid has been with poor attitude. More of the same please. I can see us developing acyoung exciting team we will all like to watch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024