Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Soccer camps are back! 13:55 - Jul 10 with 756 viewsomarjack

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/soccer-camps-are-back

Don't you just love soccer camps! Kids get to play soccer..

RIP football

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Soccer camps are back! on 15:19 - Jul 10 with 688 viewsLeonWasGod

Megnuts!
Soccer camps are back! on 15:31 - Jul 10 with 676 viewsTummer_from_Texas

What is the guideline here? Seems like "football" is used at least 95% of the time over there, but then you'll have random uses of the other word like "Soccer AM" on Sky Sports.

My personal rule is to say football whenever I am conversing with Brits or a mixed crowd, but soccer (whilst cringing a little) when talking to exclusively Americans, just to avoid confusion with our own sport of the same name.

Never understood why a sport needs two names, like pool and billiards I suppose.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Soccer camps are back! on 00:17 - Jul 11 with 575 viewsEbo

Soccer camps are back! on 15:31 - Jul 10 by Tummer_from_Texas

What is the guideline here? Seems like "football" is used at least 95% of the time over there, but then you'll have random uses of the other word like "Soccer AM" on Sky Sports.

My personal rule is to say football whenever I am conversing with Brits or a mixed crowd, but soccer (whilst cringing a little) when talking to exclusively Americans, just to avoid confusion with our own sport of the same name.

Never understood why a sport needs two names, like pool and billiards I suppose.

Pool and Billiards are two different games ;)

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024