Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back.. 23:15 - Jul 10 with 2821 viewsAl_Bundy

Lots to be concerned about albeit early pre-season. Narsingh, Routledge, Carroll poor, Amat tried to be creative, Oli falling over his laces, Byers looking laboured and slow.

VDH and Fulton looked solid enough, Dan James looked and did beat a man most of the second half and two great goals. Still not sure what A Ayew offers. The second half resembled our U23 line up. Yeovil had a decent winger in Reid I think who tore Routledge apart when he was wing back.
Just Back.. on 23:18 - Jul 10 with 2791 viewsjasper_T

What formation(s) were we using? Hard to tell from the highlights.
Just Back.. on 23:19 - Jul 10 with 2784 viewsItchySphincter

Promoted then.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Just Back.. on 08:27 - Jul 11 with 2323 viewsScottelvins1

Just Back.. on 23:18 - Jul 10 by jasper_T

What formation(s) were we using? Hard to tell from the highlights.

Started 3-5-2 then changed to 4-3-3. Agree that Routledge was shocking again. Biggest positive was Dan James coming on and changing the game plus Dhanda's crossing ability. I don't believe any of the senior players apart from maybe Roberts played particularly well.
Just Back.. on 08:35 - Jul 11 with 2282 viewsDaggyjack

It's the first match so what did you expect? Half these guys won't be at the club by the start of the season let alone be in the team.
I'd be surprised and disappointed if anyone other than Roberts, VDH, Amat and McBurnie are in the starting eleven
Just Back.. on 08:49 - Jul 11 with 2226 viewsWarwickHunt

Routledge at wing-back?

Let’s hope this gets knocked firmly on the head before the season starts.
Just Back.. on 08:57 - Jul 11 with 2189 viewsHeadmaster

Did Jordi Govea play?
Just Back.. on 09:06 - Jul 11 with 2138 viewsUxbridge

The worst pre-season I've ever seen us have was under Martinez in League 1. Monk in particular looked an absolute state. That ended well enough.

Chill, mun.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Just Back.. on 09:27 - Jul 11 with 2006 viewsSwan91

God.... first game back, testing fitness, formations.. youth players and already someone saying we have lots to be concerned about... I don't understand why people get like this for pre season... nevermind the first game.
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back.. on 09:30 - Jul 11 with 1983 viewsWhiterockin

Swans: Erwin Mulder, Connor Roberts (Ryan Blair, 65), Kyle Naughton (Aaron Lewis, 65), Mike van der Hoorn (Joe Rodon, 65), Cian Harries (Federico Fernandez, 46), Wayne Routledge (capt) (Dan James, 46), Jordi Amat (Matty Grimes, 46), Tom Carroll (Jay Fulton, 46), George Byers (Adnan Maric, 46), Luciano Narsingh (Yan Dhanda, 65), Oli McBurnie (Andre Ayew, 46).

Subs not used: Gregor Zabret, Jordan Ayew.

Any idea why Jordan Ayew was not used?
Just Back.. on 09:33 - Jul 11 with 1968 viewsswancity

Just Back.. on 09:06 - Jul 11 by Uxbridge

The worst pre-season I've ever seen us have was under Martinez in League 1. Monk in particular looked an absolute state. That ended well enough.

Chill, mun.

Which games did you see then? My recollection of that pre season was totally different. And at Oldham where we lost the first league game I can genuinely say we came from there pleased with a great stylish performance. Pre season results do not matter in the slightest and it's mainly a time to get match fit and trying different things. But individual performances and lack of squad quality can be a concern even at this early stage.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Just Back.. on 09:35 - Jul 11 with 1952 viewsmoonie

There must be a reason why rout ledge is selected but it ain't football.
summat sinister here ,unless potter was seeing for himself how appalling he is.

He needs to get injured ,no offence ,and retire and buy a tobbaconist shop ,like the Holes ,or just stack deck chairs
Just Back.. on 09:38 - Jul 11 with 1926 viewsSwan91

Just Back.. on 09:30 - Jul 11 by Whiterockin

Swans: Erwin Mulder, Connor Roberts (Ryan Blair, 65), Kyle Naughton (Aaron Lewis, 65), Mike van der Hoorn (Joe Rodon, 65), Cian Harries (Federico Fernandez, 46), Wayne Routledge (capt) (Dan James, 46), Jordi Amat (Matty Grimes, 46), Tom Carroll (Jay Fulton, 46), George Byers (Adnan Maric, 46), Luciano Narsingh (Yan Dhanda, 65), Oli McBurnie (Andre Ayew, 46).

Subs not used: Gregor Zabret, Jordan Ayew.

Any idea why Jordan Ayew was not used?

Maybe wanted to use this game to play youngsters to see how they are (like dhanda and mcburnie) and then will try to use J.Ayew in the tour?

having said that... the reports about A.Ayew must not be likely surely... if I was GP and A.Ayew was looking to go to turkey and J.ayew hasn't been linked with anyone(atleast I don't think) then I would choose J.Ayew ahead of Andre.

1 - it is possible that right now they haven't received offers for either of them and like i said just couldn't try him this game.

2 - J.Ayew might be the one who could possibly leave soon with no bids for Andre yet.

3 - or they are both going so he just decided to try Andre out so that Mcburnie can work on fitness by playing only 45mins....
Just Back.. on 10:09 - Jul 11 with 1800 viewsUxbridge

Just Back.. on 09:33 - Jul 11 by swancity

Which games did you see then? My recollection of that pre season was totally different. And at Oldham where we lost the first league game I can genuinely say we came from there pleased with a great stylish performance. Pre season results do not matter in the slightest and it's mainly a time to get match fit and trying different things. But individual performances and lack of squad quality can be a concern even at this early stage.

Holland pre-season tour, Port Talbot. We looked junk. We did indeed look ace at Oldham though. Was convinced we'd get promoted after that.

Not to say squad strength isn't a concern though. Course it is.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 10:10]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Just Back.. on 10:29 - Jul 11 with 1712 viewsTheKirkyLife

Literally the first game after five training sessions, U23s given a chance, potential leavers aloud to integrate just in case, two goals with a comeback win, different formations, an attempt to go back to our style.

You'd swear some people will never be happy. Well done to the boys.
Just Back.. on 10:46 - Jul 11 with 1633 viewsmonmouth

Just Back.. on 10:09 - Jul 11 by Uxbridge

Holland pre-season tour, Port Talbot. We looked junk. We did indeed look ace at Oldham though. Was convinced we'd get promoted after that.

Not to say squad strength isn't a concern though. Course it is.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 10:10]

Which team would come out on top now I wonder. That team at Oldham that stormed league 1 or our current team.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Just Back.. on 10:47 - Jul 11 with 1632 viewswobbly

Just Back.. on 09:06 - Jul 11 by Uxbridge

Chill, mun.

We actually had a pretty decent pre-season under Cusack with his magnificent 7 signings.

That went less well.
Just Back.. on 12:11 - Jul 11 with 1403 viewsBadlands

Reports I was getting said Routledge was the only creative player in the first half!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024