Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordi Amat 08:31 - Jul 11 with 2462 viewsDaggyjack

I'm hoping that with a new manager, he may consider staying with us for this season.
At 26 and with plenty of experience, he would be an excellent addition to our team.
Give him or FF (if he stays) the captaincy and play with FF, Amat and MVDH in a back three.
I'd be happy with the strength of that defence with Roberts on one flank and Olsson or Govea on the other getting forward.
Jordi Amat on 09:42 - Jul 11 with 2373 viewsomarjack

Would be a great defence.

But I don't see why he'd miss on European football to play in a 2nd tier league.

I'm sure Betis want him considering his solid performances. And probably he wants them too.

I'm just confused to why they haven't activated his buy clause yet. They've sold players for around 45 m or so (it's not a money issue)..lost 2 defenders..it's only a matter of time imo.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 9:43]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Jordi Amat on 09:52 - Jul 11 with 2336 viewsSwan91

Jordi Amat on 09:42 - Jul 11 by omarjack

Would be a great defence.

But I don't see why he'd miss on European football to play in a 2nd tier league.

I'm sure Betis want him considering his solid performances. And probably he wants them too.

I'm just confused to why they haven't activated his buy clause yet. They've sold players for around 45 m or so (it's not a money issue)..lost 2 defenders..it's only a matter of time imo.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 9:43]

I think if they wanted him and swansea were willing to accept... he would not have come back to play and train for us and would have stayed in Spain like Borja did.

did they actually have a buy clause??? I honestly don't know... but seeing as he is here either he doesn't have one and Swansea don't want to sell as they were trying to sell Mawson, Bartley etc.... or like you said they don't have a money issue and may be trying look at signing a better player than amat.

He played in CM role against Yeovil... so if we lose Bartley and mawson or fernandez... then he would most likely be in the starting line up as CM.... if we only sell bartley (mawson being injured and fernandez not looking to leave) then he could play in CM(might be a good cdm for us) so he would still get game time.
Jordi Amat on 09:57 - Jul 11 with 2311 viewsShaky

Jordi Amat on 09:52 - Jul 11 by Swan91

I think if they wanted him and swansea were willing to accept... he would not have come back to play and train for us and would have stayed in Spain like Borja did.

did they actually have a buy clause??? I honestly don't know... but seeing as he is here either he doesn't have one and Swansea don't want to sell as they were trying to sell Mawson, Bartley etc.... or like you said they don't have a money issue and may be trying look at signing a better player than amat.

He played in CM role against Yeovil... so if we lose Bartley and mawson or fernandez... then he would most likely be in the starting line up as CM.... if we only sell bartley (mawson being injured and fernandez not looking to leave) then he could play in CM(might be a good cdm for us) so he would still get game time.

Impossible to know exactly what is going on, but a general problem is that Swansea are generally known to be forced sellers.

They have to sell players to reduce the wage bill, and since this is not in any way a secret they are quite simply in a weak negotiating position.

We'll have to see how things stand at the end of the transfer window, but it is in my view not sensible for Jenkins to try to play hardball with every deal. Still a long way to go, but he needs to start shipping some players out sharpish.

And just to be clear these are more general comments. I like Amat, and I hope he stays.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Jordi Amat on 09:59 - Jul 11 with 2304 viewsomarjack

Jordi Amat on 09:52 - Jul 11 by Swan91

You're right. We don't know if he has a buy clause.

But surely..if he wants to force a move then he's as good as gone. If not for Betis..then somewhere else..Sociedad, Espanyol etc..who knows. He'll cost somewhere around 5 m or so and will be thought of as a bargain by many clubs..even outside of Spain.

Probably he's just waiting for offers and weighing his options.

But if he does stay..then having him as a CB in a back 3 and a DMF when we revert to a back line of 4 would be very helpful for us. We definitely need that sort of player. He's be perfect.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Jordi Amat on 10:47 - Jul 11 with 2211 viewscmajack

There is a reason why amat has never forced his way into the team long term, he's not good enough. He is like most of our other centre backs , always got a game changing mistake in him. We should be looking at a centre back pairing like Monk and Williams were for us.
Jordi Amat on 11:46 - Jul 11 with 2098 viewsDaggyjack

Jordi Amat on 10:47 - Jul 11 by cmajack

There is a reason why amat has never forced his way into the team long term, he's not good enough. He is like most of our other centre backs , always got a game changing mistake in him. We should be looking at a centre back pairing like Monk and Williams were for us.

That was two seasons ago in the Premier League.
For me, he'd be the perfect type of player to lead us into the Championship.
A great choice in a CB 3 with the option of a holding midfielder. We won't get better for the price to replace him. Let Bartley and Mawson go and use FF, Amat, VDH plus Rodon as 4th choice, that's the defence sorted.
Give him the armband.
Jordi Amat on 12:01 - Jul 11 with 2050 viewsJohnw102

Jordi Amat on 11:46 - Jul 11 by Daggyjack

That was two seasons ago in the Premier League.
For me, he'd be the perfect type of player to lead us into the Championship.
A great choice in a CB 3 with the option of a holding midfielder. We won't get better for the price to replace him. Let Bartley and Mawson go and use FF, Amat, VDH plus Rodon as 4th choice, that's the defence sorted.
Give him the armband.

Agree and don't forget Kyle Naughton can also be used as a CB, if needed. Good enough for Championship.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Jordi Amat on 12:08 - Jul 11 with 2021 viewsBadlands

I really like Amat as a football playing CB but we'd need a unit like Mike Van Der Hoorn alongside his. This league is mostly about aerial bombardment.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Jordi Amat on 12:35 - Jul 11 with 1963 views34dfgdf54

Jordi Amat on 12:08 - Jul 11 by Badlands

I really like Amat as a football playing CB but we'd need a unit like Mike Van Der Hoorn alongside his. This league is mostly about aerial bombardment.

My only concern with Amat is against the high ball. People exaggerate how much it happens in the Championship though in my opinion, I bet there is just as many aerial duels in the Premier League.

I can't see Amat wanting to stay here though, I know you can say he's under contract etc, but it's not worth the paper it's written on these days.
Jordi Amat on 12:50 - Jul 11 with 1896 viewspencoedjack

After a good start with us, Amat looked pretty awful.

Haven't seen anything of him on loan so I presume you guys have & he is back to the player we initially signed?
Jordi Amat on 13:00 - Jul 11 with 1859 viewsjasper_T

Jordi Amat on 12:50 - Jul 11 by pencoedjack

After a good start with us, Amat looked pretty awful.

Haven't seen anything of him on loan so I presume you guys have & he is back to the player we initially signed?

Everyone looked awful in that period before Clement came in, sorted out the defensive structure, and then stuck with his first defensive partnership because miraculously we weren't shipping goals any more.

Betis had an amazing season and Amat played a big chunk of it on the left of a 3 man defence. Sent off twice though so he's still got that tendency to throw himself into rash tackles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024