Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The over-reaction... 13:34 - Jul 11 with 5617 viewsJethroJack

...and assumption its in the bag which has been promoted by the English media must this time be reaching an all time high.

Its the usual mix of arrogance, delusion and desperation for a modicum of success that every other nationality associates with the English (nice one Goran Ivanisovic). Does failure after failure after failure justify this inflated bandwagon?

It's fine to be optimistic, but why go banging on about it so much!

ITS COMING HOME, ITS COMING HOME.....

What if it doesn't 😝
The over-reaction... on 13:50 - Jul 11 with 4418 viewsmoonie

Even greater over reaction on here and the folkn games s not started yet .

Without doubt World Cup shows us as sporting pygmies,pitifully insular beyond belief

We re better than this ,aren't we ?
The over-reaction... on 14:01 - Jul 11 with 4401 viewslonglostjack

The Beeb's commentary of the last game against Sweden was appalling. North Koreanesque.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The over-reaction... on 14:02 - Jul 11 with 4390 viewssainthelens

We had our glory at the euro's 2 yrs ago. Let them enjoy it I say. The inevitable near miss that awaits them will be as fascinating as it will be hilarious when their world crashes around them. As Jack's, we've suffered enough the last 6-12 months with others mocking. Both England's and the scummers quick plummet must be viewed with a wry smile.
The over-reaction... on 14:03 - Jul 11 with 4385 viewsdickythorpe

Football like sport is a glorious insignificance. Many will have work and same problems to face tomorrow.
Helps in the short term when results go your way, but becomes another issue of angst when the chips are down.
People getting into debt following sports teams, but first to have a pop at others.
The over-reaction... on 14:04 - Jul 11 with 4384 viewsjackal

The stupid song was released in '98, so they've been singing it for 20 years.

I suppose that if they keep on singing it, it will eventually come true.

Hopefully not for a long while.
The over-reaction... on 14:29 - Jul 11 with 4319 viewsjack247

If it doesn’t....Swans games will be a lot easier to watch for the next 4 years at least.

If their fans are annoying you now, they’ll be immeasurably worse after winning it. Particularly when we are the only fixture they can use to crow about it.
The over-reaction... on 14:31 - Jul 11 with 4313 viewsraynor94

Hmmmm, a World Cup semi-final, I'd say they have every right to be excited, and in all honesty apart from Rio on the Beeb last night I haven't heard any over confidence

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The over-reaction... on 14:44 - Jul 11 with 4277 viewsdickythorpe

The over-reaction... on 14:31 - Jul 11 by raynor94

Hmmmm, a World Cup semi-final, I'd say they have every right to be excited, and in all honesty apart from Rio on the Beeb last night I haven't heard any over confidence

What about that awful bit they have filmed which was shown on here on the weekend saying they d won the cup. Huw Edwards, one show etc?
Cringing to do that before they had beaten Sweden.
Nothing like being desperate for success.

Sport eh?
Login to get fewer ads

The over-reaction... on 14:48 - Jul 11 with 4271 viewssainthelens

Be good laugh later....they've got Keano on itv panel. Come 9pm they could all be as miserable.
The over-reaction... on 14:49 - Jul 11 with 4263 viewscostalotta

Bloody hell, haven’t you got a radio, television, buy newspapers or read any other website apart from this one?

By the way, I don’t care one way or the other if they win it, but i think it would be great for football in this country and the league WE play in.
The over-reaction... on 14:52 - Jul 11 with 4253 viewsdickythorpe

Sky news, sky sports news is the station to be a presenter on. Same stuff every half hour!!!
"Waistcoat Wednesday "
The over-reaction... on 15:00 - Jul 11 with 4230 viewsCaptain_Sham

The over-reaction... on 14:04 - Jul 11 by jackal

Its just a ride.

The over-reaction... on 15:20 - Jul 11 with 4187 viewshammy

Jules Rimet would be ever so pleased 😂😂

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

The over-reaction... on 16:04 - Jul 11 with 4128 viewsjackal

Piers Morgan on GMTV yesterday.

"let's watch France v Belgium tonight so that we can see who we're going to beat in the final".

I know he's a wum. but this is the kind of thing that makes them so obnoxious.
The over-reaction... on 16:58 - Jul 11 with 4051 viewsJethroJack

In contrast to the cringeworthy English media, Southgate seems to be level-headed.
But even he's quoted as saying that the squad are pleased to give the country a reason to unite & heal the rifts & divisions that have recently surfaced politically etc.

FFS, how naive can you get, when the next defeat arrives, they will get slaughtered as the latest bunch of donkeys to disgrace the shirt.

Enjoying winning is a natural reaction, but England are unique in losing perspective and jumping the gun. Its not hard for other nationalities to go for the ABE option & its not just restricted to football.

To be fair.... knowledgeable fans (English and others) know when to keep it real, especially when they haven't played anyone decent yet...apart from Belgium's 2nd XI 😊
The over-reaction... on 17:21 - Jul 11 with 4013 viewsmonmouth

I think it's their time. Their number is on the bullet. Panama, Tunisia, Columbia, Sweden, Croatia, France

Normally to win a WC you have to beat at least two maybe three genuine Big Guns. They just have France. I don't think Croatia will have enough. I've no real problem with them winning it anyway, apart fronm the hysteria. At least it kills 1966. It's sub championship level stuff they have churned out though. Surely everyone agrees that. To me it's the devaluation of the world up that is the real shame.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The over-reaction... on 17:27 - Jul 11 with 3996 viewsDafyddHuw

The over-reaction... on 14:04 - Jul 11 by jackal

The Danes lay claim to inventing the game as well.
Probably with as much justification as England have.

"It's coming home" indeed - what jingoistic bollocks.
The over-reaction... on 18:23 - Jul 11 with 3944 viewsjack247

The over-reaction... on 17:21 - Jul 11 by monmouth

I think it's their time. Their number is on the bullet. Panama, Tunisia, Columbia, Sweden, Croatia, France

Normally to win a WC you have to beat at least two maybe three genuine Big Guns. They just have France. I don't think Croatia will have enough. I've no real problem with them winning it anyway, apart fronm the hysteria. At least it kills 1966. It's sub championship level stuff they have churned out though. Surely everyone agrees that. To me it's the devaluation of the world up that is the real shame.

Part of me thinks they will do it as well. Not because they’ve had a favourable run in, just because it would be a completely fitting way to end the season that we got relegated and Cardiff went up. Annus horiblus.
The over-reaction... on 18:30 - Jul 11 with 3925 viewsChief

The over-reaction... on 18:23 - Jul 11 by jack247

Part of me thinks they will do it as well. Not because they’ve had a favourable run in, just because it would be a completely fitting way to end the season that we got relegated and Cardiff went up. Annus horiblus.

Yea I also have that feeling.

What utterly disgusting year of football.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The over-reaction... on 18:33 - Jul 11 with 3919 viewshammy

The over-reaction... on 17:21 - Jul 11 by monmouth

The World Cup has become a Euros lite competition. There are so many additional sub-standard teams included (e.g., Tunisia, Panama) and only the usual suspects from South America that actually bring anything.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

The over-reaction... on 18:34 - Jul 11 with 3914 viewsOldjack

just smile

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The over-reaction... on 18:39 - Jul 11 with 3893 viewsraynor94

The over-reaction... on 18:34 - Jul 11 by Oldjack

just smile

It will make a change for you, not watching the game from the concourse

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The over-reaction... on 18:45 - Jul 11 with 3872 viewsMrSwerve

99% of this 'it's coming home' stuff is tongue in cheek. Hence all of the memes. I'm amazed that anyone thinks it's all arrogance.

Apart from the odd commentator and tv host, I don't think it's been too bad. Maybe a lot of us are hyper-sensitive to any arrogance from the English.

Imagine Wales in a semi of a World Cup final now. The country would be going nuts, optimism would be high. It was the same for the Euro semi vs Portugal.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The over-reaction... on 18:48 - Jul 11 with 3855 viewsphact0rri

I agree the bits and bobs from this thread.

1) Yes, the english always go from "pessimism to optimism" at the turn of a hat, and boy does the swelling optimism and over reaction get more and more annoying as it goes on.

2) If they do indeed manage to win this thing, it will make the english supporters even more insufferable, along with politicians and every public figure trying to take the win to puff up their own chests. It'll probably be years before it dies down to "remember that time..."

3) It is their time, and as much as it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, Southgate and the english players have pushed on to get this far, and fair play they should be proud of everything they've done.

4) The English should enjoy this and be excited and have a good time. Its not so often that a british national team progresses so far in international competitions. We know what its like from two years ago and should understand how it feels. As long as fervor doesn't get violent I hope the english enjoy this last week no matter what happens.

5) Come on Croatia!

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The over-reaction... on 19:00 - Jul 11 with 3828 viewsbuilthjack

The plane leaves for Heathrow at 8 in the morning.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024