Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The mental "baggage" ex England players have 18:10 - Jul 11 with 2563 viewsdickythorpe

They should hang their heads in shame that they never realised or fulfilled their potential.
This England side isn't special but I do think they've had so much false dawns that Southgate has got the players he wants.
Lampard, Rooney,Gerrard, Beckham,Terry, et al had opportunities but messed them up due to egomania.
If England win tonight then they've done it collectively.
The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 18:14 - Jul 11 with 2553 viewsBadlands

Those players had to play again half competent opposition.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 18:20 - Jul 11 with 2530 viewsSwanjaxs

This is without a doubt the poorest World Cup I have witnessed, no axe to grind regarding England, don't care either way if they win it or not

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 18:22 - Jul 11 with 2513 viewsraynor94

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 18:20 - Jul 11 by Swanjaxs

This is without a doubt the poorest World Cup I have witnessed, no axe to grind regarding England, don't care either way if they win it or not

You think that after last night's game

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 18:25 - Jul 11 with 2505 viewsSwanjaxs

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 18:22 - Jul 11 by raynor94

You think that after last night's game

Yes, yes I certainly do, the competition as a whole has been a pile of crap, one or two tidy games doesn't change that

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 18:46 - Jul 11 with 2449 viewsdickythorpe

1994, 2006 were not that great . Not sure 2014 was a hoot either!
The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 19:19 - Jul 11 with 2410 viewsMrSwerve

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 18:20 - Jul 11 by Swanjaxs

If the final was something like Brazil v Germany I doubt many would be saying anything about the quality.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 19:24 - Jul 11 with 2393 viewsSwanjaxs

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 19:19 - Jul 11 by MrSwerve

If the final was something like Brazil v Germany I doubt many would be saying anything about the quality.

Irrelevant, this world cup has been pìss poor

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 19:35 - Jul 11 with 2364 viewsdickythorpe

2002 was poor.
Login to get fewer ads

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 19:38 - Jul 11 with 2356 viewsDr_Winston

This World Cup has been great. Not perhaps in terms of there being no outstanding side, but there's been drama, controversy and a hell of a lot of exciting games. Far more than in most World Cups.

England winning wouldn't change that, no matter how desperately some will be trying to play it down.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 19:42 - Jul 11 with 2349 viewsdickythorpe

Not much VAR since group stages. Funny that?
The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 19:50 - Jul 11 with 2313 viewsMrSwerve

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 19:42 - Jul 11 by dickythorpe

Not much VAR since group stages. Funny that?

Was thinking that yesterday. It's almost been forgotten about.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 19:59 - Jul 11 with 2256 viewsnantywatcher

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 19:24 - Jul 11 by Swanjaxs

Irrelevant, this world cup has been pìss poor

Another PS football expert who has not got the slightest clue. Best take up netball SJ.
The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 20:04 - Jul 11 with 2239 viewsSwanjaxs

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 19:59 - Jul 11 by nantywatcher

Another PS football expert who has not got the slightest clue. Best take up netball SJ.

And who the feck are you exactly!

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 20:11 - Jul 11 with 2222 viewswindy_city_jack

Lampard and Gerrard could never play well together, yet no manager every had the balls to drop either of them.

Comparing that group to who England have now, the teams are worlds apart, yet it's this team that has gone further than the so called 'Golden Generation' ever went.
The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 03:05 - Jul 12 with 2044 viewsmajorraglan

It’s not been a bad World Cup. By enlarge the smaller teams have been organised and have come to have a go. A few teams have been tonked, but that has happened in the past and will happen again in the future. The fact that Germany, Argentina, Brazil and a few other teams went out earlier than they would have expected is their tough luck and just rewards for simply not being good enough. Would have preferred to have seen a Belgium Croatia final, but it is what it is.

I missed the game tonight as was working, but I caught 2 mins of the post match analysis and am sure that I heard 9 of England’s 12 goals came from set pieces, that was a surprise for me and doesn’t say much about their creativity.
The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 06:23 - Jul 12 with 1976 viewsDr_Winston

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 03:05 - Jul 12 by majorraglan

It’s not been a bad World Cup. By enlarge the smaller teams have been organised and have come to have a go. A few teams have been tonked, but that has happened in the past and will happen again in the future. The fact that Germany, Argentina, Brazil and a few other teams went out earlier than they would have expected is their tough luck and just rewards for simply not being good enough. Would have preferred to have seen a Belgium Croatia final, but it is what it is.

I missed the game tonight as was working, but I caught 2 mins of the post match analysis and am sure that I heard 9 of England’s 12 goals came from set pieces, that was a surprise for me and doesn’t say much about their creativity.

Think you're right there.

For whatever reason England struggle to produce your classic #10. The Modric/Rodriguez/Totti types. Probably haven't had a top class one since Gascoigne. Then when faced with resolute defending they end up relying on set pieces or long balls to break teams down rather than flair or guile. It'll get you so far, but no more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 13:56 - Jul 12 with 1791 viewspostman

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 06:23 - Jul 12 by Dr_Winston

For whatever reason England struggle to produce your classic #10. The Modric/Rodriguez/Totti types. Probably haven't had a top class one since Gascoigne. Then when faced with resolute defending they end up relying on set pieces or long balls to break teams down rather than flair or guile. It'll get you so far, but no more.

where were the so called world class players last night in the English squad best performance last night was pickford by far the worst perfomer overall was kane done absolutely nothing except fall over trying to get free kicks
The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 14:06 - Jul 12 with 1771 viewsHighjack

They had one in Paul scholes but played him on the left wing until he got pissed off and quit.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The mental on 14:40 - Jul 12 with 1735 viewsRissoleCoughlin

Ironically I think they had one sitting on the bench last night, but unfortunately for him and for them this World Cup came around 2 years too soon. Loftus-Cheek will blossom into the creative #10 that they are currently lacking, a player whose development owes more to the unsupervised hours he spent playing in a South London cage football court than to Chelsea's youth academy.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2018 14:41]
The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 15:39 - Jul 12 with 1697 viewsploppy

The mental "baggage" ex England players have on 19:50 - Jul 11 by MrSwerve

Was thinking that yesterday. It's almost been forgotten about.

No it hasn't. It reviews every goal, penalty (or not) etc. regardless. It just so happens that there hasn't been an obviously incorrect refereeing decision in the later games. It's also noticeable that there's been far less wrestling at corners/free kicks as the tournament's gone on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024