Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roy Keane 22:24 - Jul 11 with 5820 viewsdickythorpe

Like him or loathe him, he totally hit the nail on the head with Ian Wright there.

"You were planning the final in the group stages!"

Where's that silly BBC sketch from last week? Sums up the over hype
Roy Keane on 17:14 - Jul 12 with 1357 viewsBillyChong

Keane was 100% spot on
Roy Keane on 07:44 - Jul 13 with 1176 viewsKilkennyjack

Roy Keane on 17:14 - Jul 12 by BillyChong

Keane was 100% spot on

Without a doubt.

Its not coming home .... hahaha...

A country of 50 million humbled by a nation of 4 million.

They only won 3 games - and one of them was a last minute winner.

Smashing up IKEA sums it all up.

Really looking forward to the final now 😂

Beware of the Risen People

Roy Keane on 08:58 - Jul 13 with 1114 viewspeenemunde

Roy Keane on 22:56 - Jul 11 by Lord_Bony

Thought him and Wrighty were going to have a scrap in the studio for a minute.

Roy is outspoken but a good guy nonetheless .

A good guy ? Apparently he wasn’t liked among most of his team mates throughout his career.
Roy Keane on 09:03 - Jul 13 with 1105 viewsjack247

Roy Keane on 07:44 - Jul 13 by Kilkennyjack

Without a doubt.

Its not coming home .... hahaha...

A country of 50 million humbled by a nation of 4 million.

They only won 3 games - and one of them was a last minute winner.

Smashing up IKEA sums it all up.

Really looking forward to the final now 😂

In terms of pre-tournament expectation, they did very well. A semi final would have been seen as a success and rightly so.

On a game by game basis and bearing in mind how the draw opened up for them, they flattered to deceive a bit. I thought they were very professional without catching fire against Colombia and Sweden (bar the late equaliser), decent for the first half against Croatia, but got leggy when Croatia passed the life out of them. The group stage was 2 very weak teams and a glorified friendly with Belgium.

They didn’t win any games they wouldn’t have been reasonably clear favourites in.
Roy Keane on 12:26 - Jul 13 with 1028 viewsKilkennyjack

Roy Keane on 09:03 - Jul 13 by jack247

In terms of pre-tournament expectation, they did very well. A semi final would have been seen as a success and rightly so.

On a game by game basis and bearing in mind how the draw opened up for them, they flattered to deceive a bit. I thought they were very professional without catching fire against Colombia and Sweden (bar the late equaliser), decent for the first half against Croatia, but got leggy when Croatia passed the life out of them. The group stage was 2 very weak teams and a glorified friendly with Belgium.

They didn’t win any games they wouldn’t have been reasonably clear favourites in.

Agreed. Thats a very useful analysis. 👍

Beware of the Risen People

Roy Keane on 12:33 - Jul 13 with 1022 viewsderijack

Here's a twitter link that 'Gordon Strachan' posted

The best part is the comments and Strachan getting involved with the trolls..
[Post edited 13 Jul 2018 12:35]

Roy Keane on 13:10 - Jul 13 with 991 viewsSgorioFruit

Roy Keane on 09:03 - Jul 13 by jack247

Also worth adding, if england had to play Japan instead of Colombia then they would have been knocked out.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Roy Keane on 13:18 - Jul 13 with 975 viewsmonmouth

Seriously, just think of Jordon Henderson, Jessie Lingard, Keiran Trippiyay, Harold Maguire, Johnnie Stones and Raheem Sterling in a world cup final. Which used to be the pinnacle of football. Even if you're English, surely that's a sobering thought.

It's enough to make angels weep.

Mind you...Olivier Giroud....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Roy Keane on 13:31 - Jul 13 with 949 viewsmoonie

So Roy leaves the slums of Cork and makes his living where?

Ungrateful ,hateful Knut.

Good lad?

Other players ? Ask Alf Harland
Roy Keane on 13:46 - Jul 13 with 923 viewsjacksfullaces

him being a good guy or not is irrelevant to the point he makes, and being liked by his team mates even less relevant to being a good guy - odd, shallow thinking. Bet John Terry was liked by most of his team mates (apart from Bridge), I'd challenge anyone to make a case for his goodness.

anyway, I digress, his point is a valid, and maybe exposes the naivety of fans, and the flames of the media, but there was not rationale case being built for England winning this thing. They were outsiders beforehand and that was accepted by their own media. (although I did hear 1-2 early pundits suggest that might be a good thing in that they could surprise a couple of teams). After a late header against Tunisia and dispatching Panama they were suddenly serious contenders? On what basis?

Then they lost to Belgium and were even more serious contenders. Surely Belgium were then even more serious contenders? But no, they had the easy side of the draw, and not embarrassed to make that as the rationale. So we know we ain't very good but because we are in with other mediocre teams we will win this. So they play mediocre team 1, who in patches give them a fine game. And they edge a 50/50. They play mediocre team 2, who seem to be England lite, and to be fair they did dominate that in the way a mid table premiership side on form dispatches a championship side in the Cup. Then they get on to their next 50/50, but were already looking at the final. Cos this is the easy side of the draw right. Another 50/50 which they lost.

They almost certainly would have had a hiding from France in the final, but Croatia saved us all, and themselves from another 5 days of absolute nonsense, and in some ways, ignorance, xenophobia, and dismissal of other above average football teams. England managed to go briefly from average to above average (for a couple of patches) in this tournament. And deserve the pelters they get on this board, as none of their own (apart from Danny Baker I note) seems to have recognized this.
Roy Keane on 14:11 - Jul 13 with 905 viewsjack247

Roy Keane on 13:31 - Jul 13 by moonie

So Roy leaves the slums of Cork and makes his living where?

Ungrateful ,hateful Knut.

Good lad?

Other players ? Ask Alf Harland

Yes, Roy Keane is a twàt. He always has been. Despite his unbelievable success, he still comes across as bitter and twisted at nothing in particular all the time. Can’t agree with the ‘good guy’ comments, but what he said about England was spot on.
Roy Keane on 14:49 - Jul 13 with 875 viewssherpajacob

Roy Keane on 13:46 - Jul 13 by jacksfullaces

him being a good guy or not is irrelevant to the point he makes, and being liked by his team mates even less relevant to being a good guy - odd, shallow thinking. Bet John Terry was liked by most of his team mates (apart from Bridge), I'd challenge anyone to make a case for his goodness.

anyway, I digress, his point is a valid, and maybe exposes the naivety of fans, and the flames of the media, but there was not rationale case being built for England winning this thing. They were outsiders beforehand and that was accepted by their own media. (although I did hear 1-2 early pundits suggest that might be a good thing in that they could surprise a couple of teams). After a late header against Tunisia and dispatching Panama they were suddenly serious contenders? On what basis?

Then they lost to Belgium and were even more serious contenders. Surely Belgium were then even more serious contenders? But no, they had the easy side of the draw, and not embarrassed to make that as the rationale. So we know we ain't very good but because we are in with other mediocre teams we will win this. So they play mediocre team 1, who in patches give them a fine game. And they edge a 50/50. They play mediocre team 2, who seem to be England lite, and to be fair they did dominate that in the way a mid table premiership side on form dispatches a championship side in the Cup. Then they get on to their next 50/50, but were already looking at the final. Cos this is the easy side of the draw right. Another 50/50 which they lost.

They almost certainly would have had a hiding from France in the final, but Croatia saved us all, and themselves from another 5 days of absolute nonsense, and in some ways, ignorance, xenophobia, and dismissal of other above average football teams. England managed to go briefly from average to above average (for a couple of patches) in this tournament. And deserve the pelters they get on this board, as none of their own (apart from Danny Baker I note) seems to have recognized this.

i would describe England v Croatia as 50/50.

Croatia dominated most of the match, the possession, shots and shots on target were pretty overwhelming in their favour.

I noticed the BBC didn't use the "expected goals" stat they use on PL motd

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Roy Keane on 14:51 - Jul 13 with 875 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Roy Keane on 22:33 - Jul 11 by sainthelens

They needed a reality check and Roy spoke on behalf of everyone outside England.

Brilliant Roy Keene, says it as it is no bullshit arse licking like most of the pundits
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024