Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to the UK, Mr President 09:58 - Jul 12 with 18528 viewspeenemunde

The great man is coming and you are very welcome in my country Mr president. 🇺🇸 🇬🇧
Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 11:53 - Jul 13 with 2286 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 12:02 - Jul 13 with 2267 viewspeenemunde

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 11:45 - Jul 13 by Batterseajack

So there is a real intent from america to sell us they're reduced welfare meat and inferior cars, at the cost of our own manufacturing and less so, our agricultural industry. Our manufacturers (assembly plants) are heavily reliant on trade with the EU as we now all know.

Yeah that’ll be it 🤣
You’ve gone from not knowing and asking why the Americans won’t do a deal on certain sectors of the British economy- to the Oracle of Delphi on the subject all in the space of 10 minuets.
You do make me laugh 🤣

Anyway that’s my last post for 4 weeks - off to New York State 🇺🇸
[Post edited 13 Jul 2018 12:03]
(No subject) on 12:08 - Jul 13 with 2253 viewsAce_Jack

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 12:02 - Jul 13 by peenemunde

Yeah that’ll be it 🤣
You’ve gone from not knowing and asking why the Americans won’t do a deal on certain sectors of the British economy- to the Oracle of Delphi on the subject all in the space of 10 minuets.
You do make me laugh 🤣

cheerio
Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 12:14 - Jul 13 with 2236 viewslonglostjack

Yeah that’ll be it 🤣
You do make me laugh 🤣

What a pity.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 12:42 - Jul 13 with 2196 viewsJackSomething

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 12:14 - Jul 13 by longlostjack

What a pity.

What he means this that all his WUM activities have tired him out, so he's going to stay off the forum for a month while sitting in his garden shed which he renamed New York State US because a big apple once fell on the roof.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 14:37 - Jul 13 with 2155 viewsBatterseajack

Apparently the Sun is fake news now according to Trump. He literally lies and makes it up as he goes along, and the Peenemundes of this world just lap it up.
Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 16:16 - Jul 13 with 2110 viewsHighjack

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 14:37 - Jul 13 by Batterseajack

Apparently the Sun is fake news now according to Trump. He literally lies and makes it up as he goes along, and the Peenemundes of this world just lap it up.

Does the Sun have the reputation of being the gospel of truth for most on this board then?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 16:21 - Jul 13 with 2103 viewsLeonWasGod

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 14:37 - Jul 13 by Batterseajack

Yep, he knows how to stir things up. Top trolling from the Trumpster. Bit of a c*nt really isn't he?
Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 16:31 - Jul 13 with 2094 viewsLord_Bony

My son and his mates gone up for a festival got caught up in the protest middle of London. Everything’s come to a halt.

Build that wall Donnie.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 16:38 - Jul 13 with 2075 viewsBatterseajack

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 16:16 - Jul 13 by Highjack

Does the Sun have the reputation of being the gospel of truth for most on this board then?

Na they're a sh!t rag, but the audio clips of what he was saying ties in with what was reported.
Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 16:41 - Jul 13 with 2072 viewsHighjack

The effect that Trump has on people is incredible. I never thought I'd see people defending the Sun and praising it's accurate reporting on Planetswans.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 17:00 - Jul 13 with 2058 viewsBatterseajack

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 16:41 - Jul 13 by Highjack

The effect that Trump has on people is incredible. I never thought I'd see people defending the Sun and praising it's accurate reporting on Planetswans.

Massive LOL, same could be said of Trump. So he didn't say what he said?

Is that not him in the audio clip?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6766531/trump-may-brexit-us-deal-off/
Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 17:17 - Jul 13 with 2039 viewsKilkennyjack

Yeah that’ll be it 🤣
You do make me laugh 🤣

Thank feck.

Beware of the Risen People

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 18:01 - Jul 13 with 2007 viewsperplex

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 09:58 - Jul 13 by Shaky

Really?

"White House officials were scrambling for what to say to May on Friday. “There’s no way Trump will apologize,” a senior U.S. official said. “But we also don’t want to blow everything up.”"
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Trump blasts Prime Minister Theresa May in interview published during his first official visit to Britain
by William Booth, Karla Adam and Josh Dawsey

Washington Post, July 12 at 7:51 PM

LONDON – After Prime Minister Theresa May rolled out the red carpet at Blenheim Palace on Thursday night for President Trump’s first official visit to Britain, a London tabloid published an explosive interview in which Trump blasted May’s compromise, pro-business plan to leave the European Union and warned that her approach could imperil any future trade deal between the United States and Britain.

The remarks cast an immediate pall over a visit that included a lavish dinner with business leaders Thursday night and plans to meet Queen Elizabeth II for afternoon tea on Friday. It was the latest international incident to erupt during Trump’s brief sojourn abroad, which kicked off with incendiary comments that upended a NATO summit in Brussels and further strained relationships with longtime U.S. allies.

In addition to attacking May on Brexit, Trump also praised her archrival, Boris Johnson, as a potential future prime minister while attacking London’s mayor as soft on crime and terrorism.

The blunt language and harsh dismissal in Trump’s interview stunned 10 Downing Street.

May’s office did not issue a reply to Trump’s remarks but referred reporters to an earlier statement: “We have come to an agreement at the proposal we’re putting to the European Union which absolutely delivers on the Brexit people voted for. They voted for us to take back control of our money, our law and our borders and that’s exactly what we will do.”

Newspaper editors scrambled to update their front pages. “The ego has landed,” said the Daily Mirror, adding that Trump “embarrasses Prime Minister with attack on her plan for soft Brexit.” On its front page, the Daily Mail said Trump had offered “typically blunt home truths for Britain.”
In the interview, done earlier this week, Trump disparaged May’s Brexit plan: “I would have done it much differently. I actually told Theresa May how to do it, but she didn’t listen to me.”

He added: “The deal she is striking is a much different deal than the one people voted on.”

If May has Britain align its rules and regulations for goods and agricultural products with Europe, following “a common ­rule book” with Brussels, as May puts it, then, Trump said, that could derail a trade deal with Washington.

“If they do a deal like that, we would be dealing with the European Union instead of dealing with the U.K., so it will probably kill the deal,” Trump told the Sun, which published its splash at 11 p.m. in Britain.

Trump was scheduled to meet with May for talks on Friday.

“The President likes and respects Prime Minister May very much. As he said in his interview with the Sun she ‘is a very good person’ and he ‘never said anything bad about her,’ ” U.S. press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement. “He thought she was great on NATO today and is a really terrific person.”

The U.S. contingent expected the story to post Friday morning and was startled to leave the dinner Thursday and see it online. Sanders told the British government about the interview but thought it would be somewhat more positive, an official said.

White House officials were scrambling for what to say to May on Friday. “There’s no way Trump will apologize,” a senior U.S. official said. “But we also don’t want to blow everything up.”

A second White House official said Trump had two days of positive interactions with May. But the official also conceded that Trump had talked about her vulnerabilities and criticized her political acumen privately for many months.

The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal conversations.

Trump also said to the Sun that he was not spending much time in London on this trip because he did not feel welcome, due to mass demonstrations planned for Friday.

“I guess when they put out blimps to make me feel unwelcome, no reason for me to go to London,” he told the paper. “I used to love London as a city. I haven’t been there in a long time. But when they make you feel unwelcome, why would I stay there?”

Trump lashed out at London Mayor Sadiq Khan, too, saying that he’s done a “bad job” on tackling terrorism and crime.

“Take a look at the terrorism that is taking place. Look at what is going on in London. I think he has done a very bad job on terrorism,” Trump said. “I think he has done a bad job on crime, if you look, all of the horrible things going on there, with all of the crime that is being brought in.”

But he spoke glowingly of Johnson, who quit the cabinet this week in protest over May’s plans for a soft Brexit.

“I have a lot of respect for Boris. He obviously likes me and says very good things about me,” Trump told the tabloid. “I was very saddened to see he was leaving government, and I hope he goes back in at some point. I think he is a great representative for your country.”

Asked whether Johnson could find himself in 10 Downing Street one day, Trump said, “Well I am not pitting one against the other. I am just saying I think he would be a great prime minister. I think he’s got what it takes.”

Trump did not have public events in Britain on Thursday. Planners have taken great care to keep him from protests.

After his trips overseas to Asia and the Middle East, Trump went on for days about the grandiose treatment – and the Brits were clearly trying to do well by him.

At the dinner, in her remarks, May made her pitch to Trump. She began by noting that “Sir Winston Churchill once said that ‘to have the United States at our side was, to me, the greatest joy.’ ”

Then she moved to the deals she hoped to strike. “Now, as we prepare to leave the European Union, we have an unprecedented opportunity to do more. It’s an opportunity to reach a free trade agreement that creates jobs and growth here in the U.K. and right across the United States,” she said.

The prime minister said that Brexit offered the chance “to tear down the bureaucratic barriers that frustrate business leaders on both sides of the Atlantic,” according to an account provided by 10 Downing Street.

An hour later, the interview with the Sun appeared and seemed to dash May’s hopes.

Brian Klaas, a fellow in global politics at the London School of Economics, said May is walking a tightrope. She needs Trump to promise fantastic trade deals and help May deliver the “global Britain” she has promised. But she can’t appear fawning.

“Her political base and the broader British public do not like Donald Trump,” Klaas said. “She also wants to show that in a post-Brexit world, Britain can still be a major player, and Trump is central to that narrative.”

Robin Niblett, director of Chatham House, a London think tank, said that for May, the Trump visit “was something to be survived.”

Recalling the disaster that struck British leader Tony Blair, in his embrace of George W. Bush and his alliance with Washington in the Iraq War, Niblett said May would be extremely wary of being seen as “Trump’s poodle.”

Organizers of Britain’s nationwide protests are committed to staging some of the largest demonstrations since 2003, when hundreds of thousands hit the streets to oppose war in Iraq.

Organizers said that from the moment Trump landed on British soil to the moment he leaves, he will be met by a “carnival of resistance.” A giant “Trump Baby” balloon will fly over Parliament Square. Protesters plan to shout at Trump at places he will be visiting – Winfield House, Blenheim Palace, Chequers, Windsor Castle and his Trump Turnberry golf resort in Scotland. Others will assemble in towns and cities up and down the country.

“I’m marching because of the disdain that Trump has shown for Britain and because of his disgraceful treatment of minorities in the United States,” said David Lammy, a leading member in the opposition Labour Party.

“Whenever London experiences a tragedy, it’s also the case that Trump licks his lips and tweets,” he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/i-think-they-like-me-a-lot-in-the-uk

What a mental bloke, how long did it take you to type all that, you need to get a life mate.
Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 18:03 - Jul 13 with 2004 viewsmoonie

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 18:01 - Jul 13 by perplex

What a mental bloke, how long did it take you to type all that, you need to get a life mate.

I'm avoiding al this.its for the best
Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 18:14 - Jul 13 with 1982 viewsBadlands

Yeah that’ll be it 🤣
You do make me laugh 🤣

You do realise the US has the Internet? Or is that another on the list of what you appear to know f*** all about?
[Post edited 13 Jul 2018 18:15]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 19:47 - Jul 13 with 1926 viewsShaky

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 18:01 - Jul 13 by perplex

Wow, didn't think anybody could ever rival Penny in the stupidity stakes, but here you are!

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 20:08 - Jul 13 with 1907 viewsmoonie

So,we d rather he be assassinated on British soil.

We ve enough nutters to do it.

Feel sorry for Police officers ( Aka Filth) drawn into this .
Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 20:33 - Jul 13 with 1878 viewsSwanjaxs

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 11:27 - Jul 13 by omarjack

Maybot needs charging?

It's a nicotine patch, smokes rollies, can often be seen puffing away like a good one round the back of the Commons apparently

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 20:34 - Jul 13 with 1876 viewsItchySphincter

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 19:23 - Jul 12 by peenemunde

We want politicians to speak the truth and now we have one the snowflakes don’t like it.
Trump is without doubt the greatest political figure I’ve come across.
Magnificent man.

Better than Hitler?!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 21:01 - Jul 13 with 1862 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 16:41 - Jul 13 by Highjack

The interview was recorded. I heard clips on the radio earlier. Not even the sun is likely to fabricate an interview with the president of the USA.

Poll: Tory leader

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 21:22 - Jul 13 with 1844 viewslonglostjack

Two possibilities.

Donald is mentally ill or

Putin has got something on him

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 22:02 - Jul 13 with 1828 viewsKrisP

Yeah that’ll be it 🤣
You do make me laugh 🤣

Why would the US have an issue with us keeping our current EU standards if they didn't want to sell us stuff that didn't meet them?
Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 22:17 - Jul 13 with 1816 viewsjacabertawe

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 04:10 - Jul 14 with 1726 viewsDJack

Welcome to the UK, Mr President on 16:16 - Jul 13 by Highjack

Depends on your own echo chamber...You...triggered...much?

Luvs ya! xxx

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024