Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bartley gone - Asoro arrives 15:50 - Jul 12 with 13136 viewssplJack

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/one-one-out-swansea-c
[Post edited 12 Jul 2018 15:52]
Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 21:53 - Jul 13 with 3058 viewsKrisP

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 17:41 - Jul 12 by hobo

Selling Bartley to a rival for £4m is a shocking piece of business

Do you reckon we'd be better off keeping him in the reserves and paying his wages? We clearly don't rate him.
Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 22:10 - Jul 13 with 3006 viewshobo

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 21:53 - Jul 13 by KrisP

Do you reckon we'd be better off keeping him in the reserves and paying his wages? We clearly don't rate him.

We'd be better off keeping him until someone pays equal to, or preferably, above his market value. There's no shortage of suitors.
Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 22:29 - Jul 13 with 2943 viewsKrisP

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 22:10 - Jul 13 by hobo

We'd be better off keeping him until someone pays equal to, or preferably, above his market value. There's no shortage of suitors.

Do you think his market value is significantly above £4m then? Based on what?
Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 22:48 - Jul 13 with 2903 viewsjasper_T

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 22:10 - Jul 13 by hobo

Until those suitors are willing to make a bid his "market value" is what West Brom have offered. Leeds have already backed away due to our asking price, and they love him.
Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 23:06 - Jul 13 with 2847 viewsTNT

Get rid. More reminiscent of a keystone cop than a PL footballer, or one seriously trying to get us back to that level.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 23:09 - Jul 13 with 2839 viewshobo

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 22:29 - Jul 13 by KrisP

Do you think his market value is significantly above £4m then? Based on what?

£8m minimum. He's been a star perfomer in this league, and that is a very fair amount for a stand out Championship defender. Not to mention the selling of him to a rival should also carry a premium
Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 06:01 - Jul 14 with 2720 viewsmitchwales

Selling Bartley to a rival seems a bit nuts but IF it results in us being able to keep at least one of Mawson or Fede then it is a no brainer. He is not in their class.
Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 12:19 - Jul 14 with 2575 viewsAl_Bundy

Bartley never has his heart playing for us. Always second fiddle to better defensive players clearly pissed him off. Looking good in a poor Leeds side is no real measure of his ability. Need him moved on quickly unless FF and Mawson are off and he his shoe'd in at CB
Login to get fewer ads

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 14:00 - Jul 14 with 2426 viewsjasper_T

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 14:38 - Jul 14 with 2307 viewsforkbeard

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 14:00 - Jul 14 by jasper_T

Positive signing. A first team player that hopefully might make a positive difference.
Good luck Joel.
Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 14:49 - Jul 14 with 2280 viewsairedale

I get the impression from what I’ve read, is that he’s a bit of a rough diamond, and if that’s right it will be interesting to see what Potter does with him.
Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 14:50 - Jul 14 with 2275 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I know He is still young, but 3 from 29 games is not exactly awe inspiring.
Let's hope he can improve on that for us.
Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 15:00 - Jul 14 with 2243 viewsjasper_T

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 14:38 - Jul 14 by forkbeard

Positive signing. A first team player that hopefully might make a positive difference.
Good luck Joel.

He made 26 appearances (11 starts) in a shocking Sunderland team that had been relegated, was gutted, and then got relegated again.

Before they dropped out of the Prem their u23s team was almost as good as ours is now. Is he really that much better than our best u23s that haven't had the same opportunity he had last year (or Dhanda, who was being talked up by Klopp not so long ago)?

Maybe. £2m is quite a lot of money for us for a raw young player in the last year of his contract at a League One side.
Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 15:12 - Jul 14 with 2182 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 15:00 - Jul 14 by jasper_T

He made 26 appearances (11 starts) in a shocking Sunderland team that had been relegated, was gutted, and then got relegated again.

Before they dropped out of the Prem their u23s team was almost as good as ours is now. Is he really that much better than our best u23s that haven't had the same opportunity he had last year (or Dhanda, who was being talked up by Klopp not so long ago)?

Maybe. £2m is quite a lot of money for us for a raw young player in the last year of his contract at a League One side.

Oh well, at least you're not lumbering him with the burden of expectation

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 18:29 - Jul 14 with 2000 viewsBadlands

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 14:50 - Jul 14 by A_Fans_Dad

I know He is still young, but 3 from 29 games is not exactly awe inspiring.
Let's hope he can improve on that for us.

He's commented that he was used as a striker but he didn't think that was his position and he likes playing more as a winger where he can use his speed.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 18:31 - Jul 14 with 1995 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 18:29 - Jul 14 by Badlands

He's commented that he was used as a striker but he didn't think that was his position and he likes playing more as a winger where he can use his speed.

I like it that he sees himself as a direct player, wanting to take defenders on and beat them. We've missed this for quite a long time

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 18:34 - Jul 14 with 1986 viewsBillyChong

Hopefully more to his game than just pace, otherwise we might as well have kept Barrow
Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 18:36 - Jul 14 with 1978 viewsthornabyswan

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 18:31 - Jul 14 by Brynmill_Jack

I like it that he sees himself as a direct player, wanting to take defenders on and beat them. We've missed this for quite a long time

If we could get Montero sorted massive if.
Would have some real pace in the side.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 19:06 - Jul 14 with 1886 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 18:36 - Jul 14 by thornabyswan

If we could get Montero sorted massive if.
Would have some real pace in the side.

Not forgetting Narsingh too. If we could play these as a three behind Bony we'd have a bit of menace about us. If we could just get a creative midfielder and ball winner we'll have a half decent side. Still a little short but getting there.

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 19:21 - Jul 14 with 1847 viewsPozuelosSideys

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 19:06 - Jul 14 by Brynmill_Jack

Not forgetting Narsingh too. If we could play these as a three behind Bony we'd have a bit of menace about us. If we could just get a creative midfielder and ball winner we'll have a half decent side. Still a little short but getting there.

Suspect we may look like a little lightweight at times next season. Especially if Bony goes and until at least Fer gets back.

However, we will now have loads of pace and energy about us - up to Potter as to how he can get that to work. Im ok with the direction we seem to be taking tbh. Much better than the same tired old faces in the Championship who bring "experience".

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 19:48 - Jul 14 with 1761 viewsomarjack

Well..I'm not convinced with Asoro whatsoever. But he'll play as a back-up no doubt. Still very young, with possible potential I guess. So who knows.

Now it's time to start signing starters.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 20:25 - Jul 14 with 1701 viewsPozuelosSideys

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 19:48 - Jul 14 by omarjack

Well..I'm not convinced with Asoro whatsoever. But he'll play as a back-up no doubt. Still very young, with possible potential I guess. So who knows.

Now it's time to start signing starters.

If you seriously think that then youre in a for a suprise

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 20:33 - Jul 14 with 1679 viewsGriffting

The reported fee for Bartley is 7 million...

I would absolutely take that. The problem is I can’t see who is going to replace him. And with Fede and Mawson reportedly one foot out the door the centre back situation is getting concerning.
Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 20:42 - Jul 14 with 1658 viewsthornabyswan

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 20:33 - Jul 14 by Griffting

The reported fee for Bartley is 7 million...

I would absolutely take that. The problem is I can’t see who is going to replace him. And with Fede and Mawson reportedly one foot out the door the centre back situation is getting concerning.

VDH Amat with one to come in.
Plus back up from the under 23s

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 21:16 - Jul 14 with 1587 viewsjasper_T

Bartley gone - Asoro arrives on 20:42 - Jul 14 by thornabyswan

VDH Amat with one to come in.
Plus back up from the under 23s

I think Mawson is more likely to stay than Amat at this point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024