Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours 09:29 - Jul 13 with 10498 viewsLandore_Jack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44814420

#backtojack

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 15:09 - Jul 13 with 2241 viewsJackSomething

If it's true that Jenkins approved the signings of Bony and Ayew without agreeing wage cuts in the event of relegation, that's breathtaking.

I could see the logic in signing Bony last summer and hoped it would work out, while I thought giving West Ham their money back for a 18-month older player who was hardly a success there was a particularly strange attempt to avoid relegation.

But if this no wage cuts thing is true, that's justification for Jenkins to be removed from his post even if all the other stuff hadn't happened.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 15:10 - Jul 13 with 2239 viewsWarwickHunt

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 10:40 - Jul 13 by Brynmill_Jack

I couldn't agree more! I bet there's no relegation clause, I also heard he is in line for a 2 million loyalty bonus if he's here in September. So of COURSE he wants to stay.
And in all honesty, who'd buy a 37 year old with no legs left to play professional football in the first place? Bar Huw Genius I mean?

Loyalty bonus?

Seriously???
Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 15:27 - Jul 13 with 2200 viewshobo

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 15:09 - Jul 13 by JackSomething

If it's true that Jenkins approved the signings of Bony and Ayew without agreeing wage cuts in the event of relegation, that's breathtaking.

I could see the logic in signing Bony last summer and hoped it would work out, while I thought giving West Ham their money back for a 18-month older player who was hardly a success there was a particularly strange attempt to avoid relegation.

But if this no wage cuts thing is true, that's justification for Jenkins to be removed from his post even if all the other stuff hadn't happened.

Where have you read anything about them not having wage cuts?
Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 15:42 - Jul 13 with 2171 viewsjasper_T

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 15:27 - Jul 13 by hobo

Where have you read anything about them not having wage cuts?

People saw that Dineen said that most players had relegation clauses, not all, so automatically assumed he meant the most recent and highest earners, when it's far more likely that the lower paid fringe and youth players didn't have them.
Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 15:57 - Jul 13 with 2124 viewsJinxy

Perhaps Bony isn't even GP's type of player. Also, he seems to get injured about twice/season, 3 games out per time, another 3 to get match fit = average of 12 games not available/effective. Not for me I'm afraid. He's expensive and not even a luxury. Sell!
Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 16:13 - Jul 13 with 2088 viewsJoe_bradshaw

At least he’s not taking the club to court any more in return for a massive salary and no relegation clause.

It’s not all bad you know.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 16:28 - Jul 13 with 2060 viewsLord_Bony

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 14:45 - Jul 13 by AlfieMooresSon

It’s a risk !!!

Too right it’s a risk, like John Terry a risk that could put the clubs future at risk.

He’s not fit enough and past it, we need to move him on if not we are in the shit because I don’t trust him to contribute enough to get anywhere near the top ten.

He is using up valuable wages needed for better more reliable Championship battlers !

True.

Unfortunately,a contact is a contract is a contract.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 16:33 - Jul 13 with 2050 viewsTheFranchise

Bony is here to stay. Only an idiot would sign him now.

We just have to hope he can find some of what made him great before and becomes an asset for us on the pitch.
Login to get fewer ads

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 16:36 - Jul 13 with 2039 viewsgetcarter

Great news if Wilf stays, would terrorise defenses at this level
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:17 - Jul 13 with 1892 viewsangryjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:56 - Jul 13 by hobo

He would have had a relegation clause that reduces his salary.

Huge boost if he can stay free of injury

He's rubbish get rid soon as
Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 19:20 - Jul 13 with 1883 viewsangryjack

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 11:06 - Jul 13 by Ace_Jack

We are deluded if we think the Wilf of 4 years ago is juts going to reappear and start banging them in next season.

The wilf of four years ago was playing in a good team that created things and put chances on a plate for him,he missed a lot more than he scored he rubbish in my eyes
Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 19:22 - Jul 13 with 1881 viewsOldjack

i take it no one wants him

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 19:25 - Jul 13 with 1876 viewsBadlands

Bony wants to stay & together with Fer and Clucas probably won't be fit enough to transfer or loan anyway.

I still can't find out if his wages have been paid by insurance or if we've been stumping up.

Given the loss we'd have to take if he was sold and the greater loss if we loaned him out and paid part of his wages ... would it be better to keep him to see what he is capable of in this league?
McBurnie will get a good few but Wilf even on have pace would clean up and / or create space for others.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 21:18 - Jul 13 with 1762 viewsTheKirkyLife

I believe him. Whether that be for genuine, loyal reason or otherwise.
Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 22:40 - Jul 13 with 1702 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 13:06 - Jul 13 by shandyjack

once fit and if he stays he'll be a tremendous asset in the championsip, it's a risk with his wages but if(big if) his goals when fit take us up then it'll be worth it. I'm sure we can afford to take a risk on one of him or Andre staying on big wages for one more season

Andre Ayew had one half decent game (Vs West Ham) and did nothing after. If it was a choice between the two it's Bony every time

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 23:24 - Jul 13 with 1653 viewsTNT

Come on Wilfried Bony...

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 23:54 - Jul 13 with 1629 viewsWarwickHunt

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 23:24 - Jul 13 by TNT

Come on Wilfried Bony...

Probably Huw’s...
Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 00:20 - Jul 14 with 1597 viewsmajorraglan

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 16:36 - Jul 13 by getcarter

Great news if Wilf stays, would terrorise defenses at this level

He would be a real asset if he was fit bit will he be able to recover his fitness.....
Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 07:47 - Jul 14 with 1500 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 15:10 - Jul 13 by WarwickHunt

Loyalty bonus?

Seriously???

As Joe points out on this thread I think Bony had us (or rather certain people in power at the club) over a barrel with this court case threat so no relegation clause, high wages and a loyalty bonus was cheap for them considering the alternative (an investigation and the possible can of worms that may open).

There could be no other logical reason for taking Wilf back on those terms.

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 08:10 - Jul 14 with 1478 viewsmoonie

Blackmail reall ,Bryn. Shocking innit
Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 08:25 - Jul 14 with 1456 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 08:10 - Jul 14 by moonie

Blackmail reall ,Bryn. Shocking innit

I honestly think so. His and Ayews transfers cost us a whopping 30 million plus.

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 08:35 - Jul 14 with 1433 viewsDr_Winston

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 08:25 - Jul 14 by Brynmill_Jack

I honestly think so. His and Ayews transfers cost us a whopping 30 million plus.

It hasn't cost moonie a penny because he doesn't contribute anything.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 08:41 - Jul 14 with 1424 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 08:35 - Jul 14 by Dr_Winston

It hasn't cost moonie a penny because he doesn't contribute anything.

By the way Ayew didn't blackmail us to sign him. It was just another piece of terribly lazy transfer business. At least it kept West Ham up though.

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 08:50 - Jul 14 with 1415 viewsDr_Winston

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 08:41 - Jul 14 by Brynmill_Jack

By the way Ayew didn't blackmail us to sign him. It was just another piece of terribly lazy transfer business. At least it kept West Ham up though.

To be honest, people are pointing the finger at players like Ayew as part of our problem when our midfield were so bad after Fer got injured it's hard to envisage what our forwards were supposed to do. Lose the midfield and you lose the game.

It's what our supporters do though. Blame the symptom rather than work out what the problem is. It's easier.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony keen to stay despite transfer rumours on 08:51 - Jul 14 with 1408 viewsQuincy999

Bony will be in no fit state to pass a medical at another club until at least Christmas, so even if he is quoted as saying that he wants to stay it is meaningless really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024