Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 18:19 - Jul 13 with 3765 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Leagues be damned.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 18:27 - Jul 13 with 3337 viewsFergal

At least the last proper World Cup has been a great one.
2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 18:30 - Jul 13 with 3322 viewsmoonie

Surely ,one to boycott
2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 18:56 - Jul 13 with 3267 viewsBadlands

I really hope these halfwit inbreds try this on in Qatar...

(But, In-girl-land will have to qualify first.)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 19:40 - Jul 13 with 3226 viewsTummer_from_Texas

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 18:30 - Jul 13 by moonie

Surely ,one to boycott

I don't necessarily agree, but up-arrowed just to nullify mart6.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 19:48 - Jul 13 with 3204 viewsGlyn1

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 18:56 - Jul 13 by Badlands

There's nothing wrong with those guys dressing as Crusaders. One of the English Kings was a famous Crusader king called Richard the Lionheart. Jerusalem was Jewish, and then Christian for hundreds of years before being conquered by Muslim armies.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2018 19:53]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 20:03 - Jul 13 with 3158 viewsmoonie

Everything wrong,mun . They represent England .Arogant, up themselves and they ve overrun Cymru.

To me, it's as bad as our female folk with daffodil hats supping plastic glasses of warm piss at a game they know or care nothing about
2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 20:31 - Jul 13 with 3117 viewsBlasterJack

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 20:03 - Jul 13 by moonie

Everything wrong,mun . They represent England .Arogant, up themselves and they ve overrun Cymru.

To me, it's as bad as our female folk with daffodil hats supping plastic glasses of warm piss at a game they know or care nothing about

You're like a bad smell, go to bed.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 20:36 - Jul 13 with 3107 viewsmoonie

If that s an invitation ,big boy, have a shave, scrub your bellend and floss your teeth .

On second thoughts, folk off

You like daffodil hats . I don't .They look embarrassing
Login to get fewer ads

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 20:57 - Jul 13 with 3066 viewsLeonWasGod

So a massive early winter break for the leagues then? For all or just some? Been a balls up from the start this one.
2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 21:06 - Jul 13 with 3056 viewsjasper_T

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 18:27 - Jul 13 by Fergal

At least the last proper World Cup has been a great one.

South Africa was good but I don't think it was "great".
2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 21:17 - Jul 13 with 3031 viewsdameedna

Qatar is not so bad at all. Bit of a surprise at first. However it will be a sensational World Cup. The stadia and accommodation are ample and provided well in advance. Qatari are very moderate and European centric. They play a pivotal role in the oil economy however their banks employ millions of Arabs in construction.

The island is attractive and small so fans can get to all games. They are primarily Muslim but with the broader issues of ISIS types emerging from Syria and Libya since the announcement of the Qatar World Cup, this will be a positive chapter in an otherwise desolate decade for the Arab and Muslim world.
2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 21:50 - Jul 13 with 2999 viewsKrisP

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 19:48 - Jul 13 by Glyn1

There's nothing wrong with those guys dressing as Crusaders. One of the English Kings was a famous Crusader king called Richard the Lionheart. Jerusalem was Jewish, and then Christian for hundreds of years before being conquered by Muslim armies.

Going abroad dressed as a an army that went abroad and killed hundreds of thousands of people based on religion is, at best, tacky. At best. Imagine the uproar if the Germans went to a world cup dressed in historic army uniforms.
2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 22:31 - Jul 13 with 2949 viewsploppy

Have England already qualified then?
2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 23:14 - Jul 13 with 2900 viewssherpajacob

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 19:48 - Jul 13 by Glyn1

But as far as I'm aware, Jerusalem has never been part of England.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 23:43 - Jul 13 with 2854 viewsJonathans_coat

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 23:14 - Jul 13 by sherpajacob

But as far as I'm aware, Jerusalem has never been part of England.

They are dressed as the Knights Templar, who were from all over Christian Europe, but were mostly French. They were religious zealot warriors with their own military, not tied to any state. Basically a medieval Christian version of ISIS. To somehow equate this to the England football team is very weird.

I think the thought process went as far as “it’s got a Red Cross on it so must be English”.

By the way, Richard the Lionheart, that epitome of Englishness, spoke only one language, which was French!
2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 04:17 - Jul 14 with 2788 viewsDJack

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 18:56 - Jul 13 by Badlands

They are ar se-holes but I thought you were better?...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 (n/t) on 04:24 - Jul 14 with 2787 viewsDJack

Yes the Muslims executed the Jews... and the Christians (Crusaders) executed the Jews and the Muslims ...Nasty muslims????!!!

Feck off you racist cünt
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 4:27]

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 06:38 - Jul 14 with 2749 viewsMo_Wives

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 19:40 - Jul 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

I don't necessarily agree, but up-arrowed just to nullify mart6.

This

Good luck, Mr Cooper

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 07:51 - Jul 14 with 2723 viewsFergal

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 21:06 - Jul 13 by jasper_T

South Africa was good but I don't think it was "great".

Why were Brazil and Russia not proper World Cups?
2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 11:15 - Jul 14 with 2614 viewshammy

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 23:43 - Jul 13 by Jonathans_coat

They are dressed as the Knights Templar, who were from all over Christian Europe, but were mostly French. They were religious zealot warriors with their own military, not tied to any state. Basically a medieval Christian version of ISIS. To somehow equate this to the England football team is very weird.

I think the thought process went as far as “it’s got a Red Cross on it so must be English”.

By the way, Richard the Lionheart, that epitome of Englishness, spoke only one language, which was French!

Which brings us around to the question of … who are the English ?

See you all on page 666 ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 11:32 - Jul 14 with 2595 viewsPozuelosSideys

Not being funny, but take the p1ss about their crusader fancy dress, but we have enough of our own who dress up as fcking leeks and daffodils

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 14:10 - Jul 14 with 2525 viewsJonathans_coat

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 11:32 - Jul 14 by PozuelosSideys

Not being funny, but take the p1ss about their crusader fancy dress, but we have enough of our own who dress up as fcking leeks and daffodils

Bit different though isn’t it?

I can’t remember a time in history when leeks declared holy war on other vegetables. Or any massacres committed by daffodils, or any other flora for that matter.

The point isn’t that they look silly, (which they do), it’s that the crusades are in no way a uniquely English thing, (most crusaders were not English) or is it a period of history that any civilised society should be particularly proud of.

Not that I condone dressing up as any vegetables for patriotic reasons in the first place.
2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 15:40 - Jul 14 with 2474 viewscentrestandswan

Why so nasty to the English dressing up , let them have their fun, crap on the field crap off it? Where in England was St George born by the way oh yes Syria or Turkey according to Wiki?
No time for daffodils and leeks at rugby matches either just plays into the English idea of the stereotypical Welsh rugby fan .

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:08 - Aug 5 with 2249 viewsBadlands

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 14:54 - Aug 5 with 2179 viewsBadlands

2022 Qatar World Cup dates confirmed: November 21-December 18 on 11:32 - Jul 14 by PozuelosSideys

Leeks and daffodils are our national symbols - Knights Templar have little to do with England.
The Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon (or Suliman depending on the date of what was probably a fictitious king of a porto-urbanised, monotheistic nomads) were little more than a murder gang of heretic Catholics who fought with other Christians nearly as much as the Muslim forces and got their arses kicked by Saladin.
They are more likely to be invoking the spirit of King Richard Coeur de Lion (a common title for many French kings) or Richard de Poitevin (as he grew up with his mother in Poitiers) who occasionally allied himself with the Templar. A French king of England who never learned to speak the language spent less than 6 months in England as king, considered Aquitaine to be more important then England, which he hated, was a bit of a mummy's boy, gay and gave the throne over to John to raise taxes to pay for his exploits.

I'm far more proud to be a daffodil or a leek.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024