Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas 20:29 - Jul 13 with 9916 viewsswanseajack4eva

Hello: Please find below the statement I submitted for the Trust board election. There was a sentence removed in the papers sent to members for voting (the sentence that describes my experience from being Chairman of the Board of IPIECA, an industry association). Please let me know if you have any questions for me, either publicly here or privately to rupert.thomas@shell.com and I will respond. Thanks for your consideration. Rupert Thomas.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I am 52 years old and grew up in Swansea. I have supported the Swans all my life through the good years as well as the difficult times.

We are now entering a challenging and uncertain period for both the football club and the Trust, and there are a number of complex issues ahead. I would like to put my energy and experience into ensuring that the Trust plays a strong and positive role in representing Swansea supporters to secure the best possible future for the football club. I believe the Trust membership needs to be expanded significantly and transparency improved in order for the Trust to more effectively represent Swansea supporters and to become more credible.

In my professional life I work for Royal Dutch Shell plc in a Vice President role. I have worked for the company for 29 years in operational, commercial, finance, communications and strategy roles. I have mainly worked in the UK, the Netherlands, and the USA. I have negotiated multi-decade commercial agreements and am experienced in legal and governance matters. I have worked closely with members of the Board of Directors of Shell. I am myself currently chairman of the Board of Directors of IPIECA (an industry association).

I live near London and visit Swansea twice a month to watch the Swans and visit family and friends. If elected I can readily attend the monthly Trust Board meetings and related activities.

Following the Swans has been an important part of my life and I would like to ensure our supporters have a club that we are proud of going forward.

For the record, based on what I know, my view is that the Trust should take all legal remedies that are still available, including direct legal action against the current majority shareholders and former owners.

I previously answered some questions in the thread at the link below:

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. by swanseajack4eva 1 Jul 2018 9:04
Good morning,

I need 6 people who are paid-up Trust members as of 16 June to support me standing for election to the Trust Board. Below is my draft 250 words. If you are willing to support my nomination, please send an email note to me at rupert.thomas@shell.com stating the following (this is the required text from the nomination form):

Quote: “I, [insert your name], of [insert your address], support the nomination of the candidate Rupert Thomas to stand in the forthcoming election to the Swansea City Trust Board for a period of one or two years if successful.”

Thanks in advance. Due to the prehistoric request for physical signatures it is not certain that email confirmation of nomination will be accepted, but let us see.

For the record, based on what I know, my view is that the Trust should take all legal remedies that are still available at this late stage. I may include that in my statement … although I suspect it will lessen the chances of being elected. I have been on Planet Swans for many years although do not post often. I think the only person on here I have met is Garyjack (I’m the bloke you gave the old programmes to — thanks again).

Thanks for your consideration. Below is the draft 250 words.

I am 52 years old and grew up in Swansea. I have supported the Swans all my life through the good years as well as the difficult times.

We are now entering a challenging and uncertain period for both the football club and the Trust, and there are a number of complex issues ahead. I would like to put my energy and experience into ensuring that the Trust plays a strong and positive role in representing Swansea supporters to secure the best possible future for the football club. I believe the Trust membership needs to be expanded significantly and transparency improved in order for the Trust to more effectively represent Swansea supporters and for the Trust to become a more credible representative of supporters.

In my professional life I work for Royal Dutch Shell plc in a Vice President role. I have worked for the company for almost 30 years in operational, commercial, finance, communications and strategy roles. I have mainly worked in the UK, the Netherlands, and the USA. I have negotiated multi-decade commercial agreements and am experienced in legal and governance matters. I have worked closely with members of the Board of Directors of Shell. I am myself currently chairman of the Board of Directors of IPIECA (an industry association).

I live near London and visit Swansea regularly to watch the Swans and visit family and friends. I co-own a season ticket with my brother. If elected I can readily attend monthly Swans Trust Board meetings.

Following the Swans has been an important part of my life and I would like to ensure our supporters have a club that we are proud of going forward.

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 09:54 - May 22 with 1981 viewsjackrmee

Who was that guy who stood up at the last Trust meeting and gave a speech, also requesting that his motions he made be withdrawn, after receiving advice?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 09:59 - May 22 with 1976 viewsUxbridge

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 09:54 - May 22 by jackrmee

Who was that guy who stood up at the last Trust meeting and gave a speech, also requesting that his motions he made be withdrawn, after receiving advice?

Colin Brace. Not a board member. Will be interesting if he stands this summer.

Anyway, details at https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2019/05/18/forthcoming-trust-board-elections/. As part of the voting forms sent to members there'll be candidate statements by whoever is standing.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 10:05 - May 22 with 1967 viewsjackrmee

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 09:59 - May 22 by Uxbridge

Anyway, details at https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2019/05/18/forthcoming-trust-board-elections/. As part of the voting forms sent to members there'll be candidate statements by whoever is standing.

Thanks mate.
Are you the guy who was sitting at the table giving said advice?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 10:09 - May 22 with 1960 viewsUxbridge

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 10:05 - May 22 by jackrmee

Thanks mate.
Are you the guy who was sitting at the table giving said advice?

I wasn't at the top table for that one. I know Dai Little, our legal affiliate, met with him beforehand and he was there, so might be thinking of him?

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 13:51 - May 22 with 1898 viewsjackrmee

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 10:09 - May 22 by Uxbridge

I wasn't at the top table for that one. I know Dai Little, our legal affiliate, met with him beforehand and he was there, so might be thinking of him?

Oh right. OK cheers. I'm thinking of a guy would was sitting down, but speaking quite a bit to explain the in-n-outs to the pay person like me.
Seemed like a very knowledgeable guy.

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 14:08 - May 22 with 1885 viewsswanseajack2013

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 09:49 - May 22 by jackrmee

How do we vote?
And how do we know what the candidates are all about like Rupert here? Only joined the Trust last year see.

I may have been confusing everyone here I bumped a thread from last year as this was the election statement posted on here as people canvassed votes
just was interested to see how their manifesto was delivered.
same for all others who were voted in last year in my post
Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 18:17 - May 22 with 1830 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 09:59 - May 22 by Uxbridge

Roger Brace.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 18:19 - May 22 with 1818 viewsUxbridge

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 18:17 - May 22 by exiledclaseboy

Roger Brace.

Of course.

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 18:23 - May 22 with 1811 viewsDarran

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 18:19 - May 22 by Uxbridge

Of course.

Dull twàt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 18:34 - May 22 with 1788 viewsUxbridge

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 18:23 - May 22 by Darran

Dull twàt.

The sheer irony Darren

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 18:14 - May 23 with 1696 viewsDafyddHuw

Works for Shell?

Lack of morals shpuld be perfect for us.
Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 20:09 - Feb 16 with 1074 viewsBillyChong

Trust Board election — Rupert Thomas on 18:14 - May 23 by DafyddHuw

Works for Shell?

Lack of morals shpuld be perfect for us.

Fair point
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024