Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Staropramen 16:39 - Jul 14 with 7135 viewsCooperman

Recently appeared on tap in my local.

I had previously only tried it once and it was an unchilled bottle at a BBQ so we didn’t really hit it off. However its appearance in the pub meant that I was drawn to try it again and since then it has become my suppage of the heatwave. Beautiful stuff.

I am also noticing it appearing in 660ml bottles, had 6 for £10 this morming.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Staropramen on 16:55 - Jul 14 with 5003 viewspikeypaul

Most popular Czeck lager.

Used to visit 5 or 6 times a year but could never get
a taste for it.

If I could find kout na sumave over here that would be heaven.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 16:59]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Staropramen on 17:00 - Jul 14 with 4993 viewscontroversial_jack

Staropramen on 16:55 - Jul 14 by pikeypaul

a taste for it.

Very good stuff indeed.Much better on tap as it doesn't seem to travel well in bottles.Quite strong too, one of those beers that can be deceiving.Not the best Czech beer though, there are better.
Staropramen on 17:39 - Jul 14 with 4939 viewsTailGunner

Beautiful drink ice cold. Always on offer Tesco or co op 330& 660ml.
On tap it's even better 👍
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 17:46]
Staropramen on 17:49 - Jul 14 with 4913 viewsdickythorpe

It's had a bit of a relaunch/revival in the last year. Coors bought it a few years back so maybe that's why it's more eye catching now.
It was very nice on tap in wind st about 10 years ago. It had an iced up pump which was great on a hot evening.
Staropramen on 18:48 - Jul 14 with 4856 viewsCooperman

Staropramen on 17:49 - Jul 14 by dickythorpe

It's had a bit of a relaunch/revival in the last year. Coors bought it a few years back so maybe that's why it's more eye catching now.
It was very nice on tap in wind st about 10 years ago. It had an iced up pump which was great on a hot evening.

Certainly on a revival and a promotion. I chucked out a social media photo this afternoon and was met with a wave of responses made up of friends drinking the same suppage.

Hell of a pint!

Staropramen on 19:09 - Jul 14 with 4835 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Staropramen on 17:00 - Jul 14 by controversial_jack

Very good stuff indeed.Much better on tap as it doesn't seem to travel well in bottles.Quite strong too, one of those beers that can be deceiving.Not the best Czech beer though, there are better.

The new (ish) place in the Uplands (Bar St. James') has only Czech lager and I can't get on with any of it. I've really hit it off with Bira Morretti recently, lovely stuff and whilst in Cyprus Keo. A lovely drink too

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Staropramen on 19:24 - Jul 14 with 4820 viewsdickythorpe

Moretti is a less sweeter lager than most. In the hot sun it's like a bitter ale but more quenching and easier to slurp.
Has anyone tried Poretti? It's carlsberg owned and 5%.
Diablos on SA1 does it.
Staropramen on 23:09 - Jul 14 with 4756 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Staropramen on 19:24 - Jul 14 by dickythorpe

Moretti is a less sweeter lager than most. In the hot sun it's like a bitter ale but more quenching and easier to slurp.
Diablos on SA1 does it.

The girlfriend doesn't like Moretti as it's too "hoppy" but I know what you mean, it's what makes it a little bit different. Poretti? Will have to ""Czech" that out

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Staropramen on 23:21 - Jul 14 with 4747 viewsDJack

Staropramen on 23:09 - Jul 14 by Brynmill_Jack

The girlfriend doesn't like Moretti as it's too "hoppy" but I know what you mean, it's what makes it a little bit different. Poretti? Will have to ""Czech" that out

You've got a girlfriend?!

Tell the truth, she's in your cellar isn't she!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Staropramen on 23:24 - Jul 14 with 4742 viewsDJack

Staropramen on 23:21 - Jul 14 by DJack

You've got a girlfriend?!

Tell the truth, she's in your cellar isn't she!

...back on track with the OP.

When I'm eating at the Rake and Riddle I always have a couple of Staropramen's. Tidy like.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Staropramen on 23:32 - Jul 14 with 4729 viewsJango

Very nice lager as is Moretti. I tried Erdinger for the first time last weekend and that was extremely nice also
Staropramen on 23:49 - Jul 14 with 4715 viewsCooperman

Staropramen on 23:24 - Jul 14 by DJack

...back on track with the OP.

When I'm eating at the Rake and Riddle I always have a couple of Staropramen's. Tidy like.

My mate was there earlier and he told me that he’d sampled a few Staropramen.

Staropramen on 23:59 - Jul 14 with 4705 viewscontroversial_jack

Staropramen on 19:09 - Jul 14 by Brynmill_Jack

The new (ish) place in the Uplands (Bar St. James') has only Czech lager and I can't get on with any of it. I've really hit it off with Bira Morretti recently, lovely stuff and whilst in Cyprus Keo. A lovely drink too

I'm surprised to hear that, as Italian beer tends to have a tang with it, and I always found it too gassy.Have a session on Italian beer and you will feel it the next day, but do it with Czech pilsner and you will be ready for another go within a few hours as it's purity is better
Staropramen on 17:12 - Jul 15 with 4517 viewsWxmJax

Staropramen on 19:24 - Jul 14 by dickythorpe

Diablos on SA1 does it.

Had a Moretti Rossa last night in MacDonalds Venice, 7.2% the kids wanted to go there before anyone asks.
Couldn't find a bar with a decent telly so am watching the final back in our room with some Peroni Red (€1.19 for 660ml) Peroni Gran Reserva and some antipasti. Late night last night and I'm getting too old.
Also saw Mike England on Burano this morning but left him in peace.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 17:14]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Staropramen on 09:21 - Jul 16 with 4403 viewsoldgrey

I quite like Staropramen although I find it a challenge to ask for a pint of it after a few. The bar tender looks at me with a combination of astonishment and sympathy.

Question though. Is the draught stuff brewed under licence here in the UK which is normally an advert for some of those tasteless, erstatz, gruels with pseudo Germanic names? Or is it the UR-lager?

I notice Shepherd Neame of Faversham brew Sam Adams Boston lager.

For me my preference is for a Budvar or an Urquell Pilsner.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 9:34]
Staropramen on 09:52 - Jul 16 with 4367 viewscontroversial_jack

Staropramen on 09:21 - Jul 16 by oldgrey

I quite like Staropramen although I find it a challenge to ask for a pint of it after a few. The bar tender looks at me with a combination of astonishment and sympathy.

Question though. Is the draught stuff brewed under licence here in the UK which is normally an advert for some of those tasteless, erstatz, gruels with pseudo Germanic names? Or is it the UR-lager?

It's brewed in the Czech republick. I agree Pilsner Urquell is better though, although not as strong, so that makes it a better session beer.No hangovers with Czech beer either.
Staropramen on 12:15 - Jul 16 with 4338 viewsEbo

Staropramen on 16:55 - Jul 14 by pikeypaul

a taste for it.

Well keep dreaming as after brexit you will be paying '5 or 6 times' what you currently pay for Staroprmen over here.

Oh and it is 'Czech' not Czeck' you pilchard.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Staropramen on 14:39 - Jul 16 with 4296 viewscontroversial_jack

Staropramen on 12:15 - Jul 16 by Ebo

Well keep dreaming as after brexit you will be paying '5 or 6 times' what you currently pay for Staroprmen over here.

It already costs 30% more
Staropramen on 15:49 - Jul 16 with 4264 viewsProfessor

Staropramen on 09:21 - Jul 16 by oldgrey

Prefer Urquell and Budvar (especially the dark version) too. The Shepherd Neame SAM Adams is fine but not as good as the Boston version- Harpoon in Boston is good too. Been on Filipino San Miguel this evening in Los Baños and lashing it down. I bought a Sub on offer for the World Cup. Not cheap but pours a decent Moretti and a really nice Cruzcampo Spanish lager, have three more mini kegs left but the range is expanding into some more Belgian and Dutch beers not just the standard Heineken group beers which should be goood including a trippel
Staropramen on 20:21 - Jul 16 with 4195 viewsdickythorpe

My sub is hit and miss. Heineken is good but affligem was too frothy. I wish they'd do amstel!!!
Lovely and cold though.
Staropramen on 21:24 - Jul 16 with 4160 viewspikeypaul

Staropramen on 12:15 - Jul 16 by Ebo

Very happy to pay any increase it will not affect me in the slightest.

But I do not think the price will increase from Approx £3.60 to £20 a pint like you suggest is that another project fear joke?

256 AFLI

SIUYRL

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Staropramen on 21:51 - Jul 16 with 4131 viewsFieryJack

Kozel blonde is the best Czech brew I've had.

Not, though, if it's imported over here and served chilled out of tap.

Top quality when served in their country.

If you're ever in Prague get out of the tourist centre with it's over-priced bars and look for a small local bar on Soukenicka - lovely, about 70p for half a litre - only problem is the fog of fag smoke in there.
Staropramen on 22:04 - Jul 16 with 4125 viewspikeypaul

Staropramen on 21:51 - Jul 16 by FieryJack

If you're ever in Prague get out of the tourist centre with it's over-priced bars and look for a small local bar on Soukenicka - lovely, about 70p for half a litre - only problem is the fog of fag smoke in there.

Just head up to Zizkov ( district 3) 4 minutes on a tram from Wenceslas square.

Loads of local bars serving amazing beer at redicously cheap prices and 90% local clientele.

Staropramen on 22:19 - Jul 16 with 4108 viewscontroversial_jack

Staropramen on 21:51 - Jul 16 by FieryJack

Smoking has been banned in public places
Staropramen on 00:38 - Jul 17 with 4067 viewsProfessor

Staropramen on 20:21 - Jul 16 by dickythorpe

My sub is hit and miss. Heineken is good but affligem was too frothy. I wish they'd do amstel!!!
Lovely and cold though.

They had Amstel last week but only a small supply. I like Pelforth in France so interested in how that comes out. They are indeed cold and less dizzy than cans/bottles. Was worth 50 quid for summer drinking
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024