Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Staropramen 16:39 - Jul 14 with 7166 viewsCooperman

Recently appeared on tap in my local.

I had previously only tried it once and it was an unchilled bottle at a BBQ so we didn’t really hit it off. However its appearance in the pub meant that I was drawn to try it again and since then it has become my suppage of the heatwave. Beautiful stuff.

I am also noticing it appearing in 660ml bottles, had 6 for £10 this morming.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Staropramen on 01:12 - Jul 17 with 2117 viewsDJack

Staropramen on 20:21 - Jul 16 by dickythorpe

My sub is hit and miss. Heineken is good but affligem was too frothy. I wish they'd do amstel!!!
Lovely and cold though.

The best Amstel I've had was in the Cardiff Gate

... it was during 2012 Olympics just before the South Korea v Japan game.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Staropramen on 07:51 - Jul 17 with 2066 viewszedlep

Staropramen and Budvar are excellent but I have to join the Pilsner Urquell ‘side’. I was introduced to this back in the mid eighties by a guy I was renting a room from in Loughborough when I got a job there after Uni. He was a Czech scientist and always said that Urquell was the Pilsner voted as the best by Czech pilsner brewers every year. Beautiful and smooth. My favourite when I fancy treating myself. Often 3 for £5 at Morrison’s.

Zedzdead

Staropramen on 08:39 - Jul 17 with 2055 viewspikeypaul

Staropramen on 07:51 - Jul 17 by zedlep

Staropramen and Budvar are excellent but I have to join the Pilsner Urquell ‘side’. I was introduced to this back in the mid eighties by a guy I was renting a room from in Loughborough when I got a job there after Uni. He was a Czech scientist and always said that Urquell was the Pilsner voted as the best by Czech pilsner brewers every year. Beautiful and smooth. My favourite when I fancy treating myself. Often 3 for £5 at Morrison’s.

I agree Staropramen has to much of a tang to it.

Another great beer sedim Kuli smave served at the two Ferdinanda restaurants/bars in Prague and brewed in Benesov ex Home to Archduke Frank Ferdinand. Sedim Kuli translates to “seven bullets” that killed him to start the 1st world war.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Staropramen on 13:39 - Jul 17 with 2026 viewscontroversial_jack

Staropramen on 08:39 - Jul 17 by pikeypaul

I agree Staropramen has to much of a tang to it.

Another great beer sedim Kuli smave served at the two Ferdinanda restaurants/bars in Prague and brewed in Benesov ex Home to Archduke Frank Ferdinand. Sedim Kuli translates to “seven bullets” that killed him to start the 1st world war.

There are many good beers in Prague as well as the big brands.This is my favourite microbrewery, it's in the new town, they make delicious beer https://npivovar.cz/en/
Staropramen on 13:42 - Jul 17 with 2015 viewsEbo

Staropramen on 21:24 - Jul 16 by pikeypaul

Very happy to pay any increase it will not affect me in the slightest.

But I do not think the price will increase from Approx £3.60 to £20 a pint like you suggest is that another project fear joke?

256 AFLI

SIUYRL

Selfish ain't you?

What about people who won't be able to afford it?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Staropramen on 13:54 - Jul 17 with 2017 viewspikeypaul

Not at all,if you can not afford something I do not see it my problem.

Especially if you are a project fear muppet suggesting a pint will increase to £20 on the back of Brexit like you have done.

255 AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Staropramen on 16:30 - Jul 17 with 1981 viewsFieryJack

Staropramen on 22:04 - Jul 16 by pikeypaul

Just head up to Zizkov ( district 3) 4 minutes on a tram from Wenceslas square.

Loads of local bars serving amazing beer at redicously cheap prices and 90% local clientele.

This
Staropramen on 16:33 - Jul 17 with 1981 viewsFieryJack

Staropramen on 22:19 - Jul 16 by controversial_jack

Smoking has been banned in public places

Has it?

Haven't been for 2 years, mind, but will be going in September.

Was quite surreal to see people smoking in fancy restaurants with chandeliers when I was last there.
Login to get fewer ads

Staropramen on 19:10 - Jul 17 with 1955 viewscontroversial_jack

Staropramen on 16:33 - Jul 17 by FieryJack

Has it?

Haven't been for 2 years, mind, but will be going in September.

Was quite surreal to see people smoking in fancy restaurants with chandeliers when I was last there.

Prices have gone up a bit, but that's probably because of the weak pound.I believe it's still one of the cheapest cities in Europe to drink, although you can pay more in the real tourists spots.

A city that has everything imo, and i'm going back in March next year.
Staropramen on 13:04 - Jul 18 with 1851 viewsEbo

Staropramen on 13:54 - Jul 17 by pikeypaul

Not at all,if you can not afford something I do not see it my problem.

Especially if you are a project fear muppet suggesting a pint will increase to £20 on the back of Brexit like you have done.

255 AFLI

As I said selfish. I really hope karma bites you on the arse hard one day pal. I really think it will too.

Staropramen on 09:55 - Jul 19 with 1781 viewspikeypaul

PMSL

Karma ?

So any one that is looking forward to Brexit will suffer bad karma.

Yoy should have put that in the original project fear BS

you remoaners really are making tw@ts of yourselves.

253 AFLI

Staropramen on 10:50 - Jul 19 with 1766 viewsEbo

Staropramen on 09:55 - Jul 19 by pikeypaul

PMSL

Karma ?

So any one that is looking forward to Brexit will suffer bad karma.

Yoy should have put that in the original project fear BS

you remoaners really are making tw@ts of yourselves.

253 AFLI

Selfish kunt

Staropramen on 18:21 - Jul 20 with 1721 viewsCooperman

On the back of some of the previous comments I have sourced a quartet of 500ml Pilsner Urquell from Asda; as someone said there is less of a tang with these when compared to Staropramen. Another very nice drink indeed and the fact that it’s only 4.4% would make it more of a session beer. However it’s also not on tap at the pub...

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Staropramen on 09:50 - Jul 21 with 1662 viewscontroversial_jack

Staropramen on 18:21 - Jul 20 by Cooperman

On the back of some of the previous comments I have sourced a quartet of 500ml Pilsner Urquell from Asda; as someone said there is less of a tang with these when compared to Staropramen. Another very nice drink indeed and the fact that it’s only 4.4% would make it more of a session beer. However it’s also not on tap at the pub...

Spot on.It's the original pils that all others try to copy.I have never seen it on tap in this country
Staropramen on 14:14 - Jul 21 with 1646 viewsDDCH

I like Staropramen, it's a cracking pint. They have it on tap in Uplands too.

Plus I can afford it after Brexit too......shoot me

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024