Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? 19:46 - Jul 14 with 4440 viewsdickythorpe

Now they've gone bust. Ideal for a Waitrose.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 19:46]
What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 20:26 - Jul 14 with 3921 viewscmajack

Absolutely. Swansea should have a waitrose. I have travelled to cowbridge, barry and cardiff to buy a particular brand of yoghurt for my wife that none of the 4 major supermarkets here stock. And while a lot of the time i have to get it delivered to my mother in laws in townhill(they don't deliver to waunarlwydd) on beautiful summer days like today it's nice to go for a run and a few hours out. Cowbridge is lovely by the way.
What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 21:46 - Jul 14 with 3824 viewsLeonWasGod

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 20:26 - Jul 14 by cmajack

Absolutely. Swansea should have a waitrose. I have travelled to cowbridge, barry and cardiff to buy a particular brand of yoghurt for my wife that none of the 4 major supermarkets here stock. And while a lot of the time i have to get it delivered to my mother in laws in townhill(they don't deliver to waunarlwydd) on beautiful summer days like today it's nice to go for a run and a few hours out. Cowbridge is lovely by the way.

You do a 80 mile round trip to buy a pot of yoghurt . I hope it’s a big pot.
What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 21:49 - Jul 14 with 3816 viewscmajack

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 21:46 - Jul 14 by LeonWasGod

You do a 80 mile round trip to buy a pot of yoghurt . I hope it’s a big pot.

Actually buy a months supply as the date is generally good on them that's 25 each for my wife and i 50 in total . And if i was a little more tech savvy i would take a photo of the inside of my fridge to show you😂.
What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 22:16 - Jul 14 with 3761 viewsBrynCartwright

Waitrose will never come to Swansea alas. Not enough rich feckers. Used to love buying their stuff when living in Windsor and Bristol.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 22:22 - Jul 14 with 3727 viewsBanosswan

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 22:16 - Jul 14 by BrynCartwright

Waitrose will never come to Swansea alas. Not enough rich feckers. Used to love buying their stuff when living in Windsor and Bristol.

Their excuse is Swansea is too far from a distribution centre. (My aunt emailed them!)

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 22:29 - Jul 14 with 3725 viewsBrynCartwright

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 22:22 - Jul 14 by Banosswan

Their excuse is Swansea is too far from a distribution centre. (My aunt emailed them!)

Sodding WayneKerr and Warwick, living in posh areas, bleating on about Jip Jip Rocks in Waitrose, whilst the rest of us down Abertawe way are glad to get a bottle of Blue Nun.

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 22:38 - Jul 14 with 3687 viewsBanosswan

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 22:29 - Jul 14 by BrynCartwright

Sodding WayneKerr and Warwick, living in posh areas, bleating on about Jip Jip Rocks in Waitrose, whilst the rest of us down Abertawe way are glad to get a bottle of Blue Nun.

Blue nun??? Buckfast is the answer.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 22:45 - Jul 14 with 3691 viewsjack_lord

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 22:16 - Jul 14 by BrynCartwright

Waitrose took over the old Safeway in Barry which had security glass in the petrol station years before anywhere else because it was so rough.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 10:31 - Jul 15 with 3505 viewsLord_Bony

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 22:45 - Jul 14 by jack_lord

Waitrose took over the old Safeway in Barry which had security glass in the petrol station years before anywhere else because it was so rough.

Theres a small Waitrose within walking distance of my house,nothing special dont know what all the fuss is about.

Shame bout Homebase,another one bites the dust,worrying.

Farkin internet shoppers.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 10:45 - Jul 15 with 3466 viewsBarrySwan

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 22:45 - Jul 14 by jack_lord

It may well have had glass at the petrol station counter ( can't remember if it did or not to be honest ) just like loads of other petrol stations.

But the notion that the area around the supermarket is rough in any way shape or form or would give anyone a moments cause for concern going there is absolute and utter nonsense. As the Donald would say 'It's fake news'

The only discernable alarm that customers are likely to suffer in Waitrose in Barry is upon finding out the price of the petrol and having to pay probably 50% - 60% more for common branded items than in other supermarkets selling the same goods.

I used it as Safeway.... it shut down for a week or two for refurbishment and conversion into Waitrose and then reopened with not a great deal of difference except for the prices. in fact I'm convinced that virtually the only refurb that was carried out was staff spending a week or so going round putting new higher price stickers on the existing stock plus adding a couple of 'Waitrose only' brands to the shelves.

[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 10:54]
What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 12:07 - Jul 15 with 3377 viewsWarwickHunt

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 10:45 - Jul 15 by BarrySwan

It may well have had glass at the petrol station counter ( can't remember if it did or not to be honest ) just like loads of other petrol stations.

But the notion that the area around the supermarket is rough in any way shape or form or would give anyone a moments cause for concern going there is absolute and utter nonsense. As the Donald would say 'It's fake news'

The only discernable alarm that customers are likely to suffer in Waitrose in Barry is upon finding out the price of the petrol and having to pay probably 50% - 60% more for common branded items than in other supermarkets selling the same goods.

I used it as Safeway.... it shut down for a week or two for refurbishment and conversion into Waitrose and then reopened with not a great deal of difference except for the prices. in fact I'm convinced that virtually the only refurb that was carried out was staff spending a week or so going round putting new higher price stickers on the existing stock plus adding a couple of 'Waitrose only' brands to the shelves.

Examples of this mythical 50-60% more for branded goods?

Shit or get off the pot.
What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 16:08 - Jul 15 with 3254 viewswaynekerr55

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 12:07 - Jul 15 by WarwickHunt

Examples of this mythical 50-60% more for branded goods?

Shit or get off the pot.

Very true. Like for like there's little or no difference between them, Sainsburys, Tesco and Asda. I get the bits I can't pick up in Aldi there.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 22:34 - Jul 15 with 3069 viewsjack_lord

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 10:45 - Jul 15 by BarrySwan

I fix servers for a lot of companies. I used to get called out to a lot of places. About 20 years ago, I did my first call in the petrol station in Safeways, Barry. My colleagues had mentioned it might be a bit dodgy but it was the staff in the petrol station that painted the picture.
It was the first time I had seen the security glass in that environment.

Years later, loads of places have them.

I did notice that there was a change in prices from Safeways to Waitrose but it was the same staff in more expensive uniforms. They did have better quality produce and not really any different in price to the bigger supermarkets.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 00:55 - Jul 16 with 3000 viewsBarrySwan

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 22:34 - Jul 15 by jack_lord

I fix servers for a lot of companies. I used to get called out to a lot of places. About 20 years ago, I did my first call in the petrol station in Safeways, Barry. My colleagues had mentioned it might be a bit dodgy but it was the staff in the petrol station that painted the picture.
It was the first time I had seen the security glass in that environment.

Years later, loads of places have them.

I did notice that there was a change in prices from Safeways to Waitrose but it was the same staff in more expensive uniforms. They did have better quality produce and not really any different in price to the bigger supermarkets.

Fair enough if thats what the local staff told you. I can't imagine why though. The area isn't even remotely what anyone would describe as a rough or troubled area.

The actual site was originally a factory which was turned into what I would describe as the first real major large supermarket that I had ever seen called Tower Discount housed in the old factory buildings with rows of freezers, practically unheard of in those days, we're talking about roughly 50 years ago now. Previous to it opening I can only recall Mace or Spar kind of size supermarkets being in existence.

The old supermarket hodge potch of buildings were eventually knocked down and the new shop built over the other side of the site where the present Waitrose is located.

If anyone would like to know the history of their local supermarket please don't hesitate to get in touch.

I won't have a scooby but I'll adapt something along the lines of the comprehensive report above.
What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 08:42 - Jul 16 with 2893 viewsWarwickHunt

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 00:55 - Jul 16 by BarrySwan

Fair enough if thats what the local staff told you. I can't imagine why though. The area isn't even remotely what anyone would describe as a rough or troubled area.

The actual site was originally a factory which was turned into what I would describe as the first real major large supermarket that I had ever seen called Tower Discount housed in the old factory buildings with rows of freezers, practically unheard of in those days, we're talking about roughly 50 years ago now. Previous to it opening I can only recall Mace or Spar kind of size supermarkets being in existence.

The old supermarket hodge potch of buildings were eventually knocked down and the new shop built over the other side of the site where the present Waitrose is located.

If anyone would like to know the history of their local supermarket please don't hesitate to get in touch.

I won't have a scooby but I'll adapt something along the lines of the comprehensive report above.

You are Sir Nikolaus Pevsner and I claim my five guineas.
What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 09:19 - Jul 16 with 2866 viewsmoonie

Seems we have another schism in our fan base .
Those who live in " posh " areas and those who don't .

I d hate to think wAyne and Wozza being ostracised by those living in non posh areas .

I so want to be Warwick s neighbour
What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 14:43 - Jul 16 with 2783 viewsBrynCartwright

Goldie Lookin Chain's viewpoint on Waitrose...

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 15:41 - Jul 16 with 2731 viewsProfessor

John Lewis is going through a rough patch and has been closing a few Waitrose especially the smaller ‘Little Waitrose’. Expansion seems unlikely. One in Chester but they deliver up to me but Moonie is to far up the Wirral
What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 17:12 - Jul 16 with 2679 viewsJonathans_coat

In response to the OP - What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe?

Another vacant unit? They seem to be popping up all over the place at the moment!
What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 17:26 - Jul 16 with 2662 viewsEbo

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 17:12 - Jul 16 by Jonathans_coat

In response to the OP - What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe?

Another vacant unit? They seem to be popping up all over the place at the moment!

There are a good few units empty down there, an Ikea would be ideal where Toys r Us used to be, but I doubt very much they would open another store when there is already one 40 miles down the road

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 21:03 - Jul 16 with 2581 viewsvetchonian

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 17:26 - Jul 16 by Ebo

There are a good few units empty down there, an Ikea would be ideal where Toys r Us used to be, but I doubt very much they would open another store when there is already one 40 miles down the road

Add to all these empty units all the empty shops on the Kingsway,Park Street an Oxford Street makes you wonder why the council is hellbent on replacing the white elephant that was the St David's centre with yet another shopping centre?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 21:53 - Jul 16 with 2537 viewswaynekerr55

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 15:41 - Jul 16 by Professor

John Lewis is going through a rough patch and has been closing a few Waitrose especially the smaller ‘Little Waitrose’. Expansion seems unlikely. One in Chester but they deliver up to me but Moonie is to far up the Wirral

On a serious note I'm surprised there isn't one around thegowerjack's part of town

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 00:41 - Jul 17 with 2459 viewsProfessor

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 21:53 - Jul 16 by waynekerr55

On a serious note I'm surprised there isn't one around thegowerjack's part of town

I could not see a large Waitrose in Central Swansea, but one in Mumbles or the West side of town would make more sensel
What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 06:18 - Jul 17 with 2416 viewsWxmJax

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 22:22 - Jul 14 by Banosswan

And yet they have one on Anglesey, over 60 miles from the next nearest one in Stockport at the time. Couldnt have had anything to do with Prince William moving to the island though. As you say, just an excuse (and an opportunity missed).

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

What's replacing Homebase down Parc Tawe? on 07:24 - Jul 17 with 2387 viewsraynor94

Haven't seen anything in the press about the Parc Tawe store closing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024