Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON 19:55 - Jul 14 with 4640 viewsTheResurrection

His 250 words

------------------------

"My name is Dave Dalton and I’m a co-opted member of the Trust Board until 31st July 2018.

In the brief time I have been involved on the Board I am more convinced than ever that it needs a strong and balanced representation to ensure it is best placed to deal with what could well be a turbulent couple of years ahead for the club and its supporters.

The Supporters Trust has been treated poorly and with contempt by both past and current owners and we undoubtedly need to become stronger and more unified to enable us to properly represent the Swans supporters again. I believe I have the qualities to help make this happen.

Recently I have become far more involved in ways to improve the huge range of communication responsibilities within the Trust. I felt this was an area that had been neglected in recent times causing fans like myself to feel distant and apathetic. This needs to change as without the backing of supporters the Trust simply cannot function as intended.

Unfortunately this is not going to be a quick or simple process but I genuinely feel we are now beginning to see improvements in many of our procedures. However more time is required.

I hope that with your support it will allow me the opportunity to continue my work on the Board and we can begin to see a stronger, more proactive Swans Trust that is able to properly engage and represent our supporters as intended."

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 10:32 - Jul 17 with 1179 viewsNookiejack

I am really torn on Dave Dalton.

He has indicated he is in favour of legal action if mediation breaks down.

Yet don’t want him to get in ahead of Clase and Rupert Thomas, probably Phil too.

However the current Trust Board has never wanted to take legal action - so how do you get a majority on the Trust Board that does.

So maybe I have to go for Dave Dalton and take him for his word?
WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 10:41 - Jul 17 with 1158 viewsE20Jack

Same question I asked Andrew earlier.

You said unless the Trust get some “decent offers”.

What do you constitute a “decent offer”? Would the one put to members initially for example, be considered a “decent offer”?

There is a growing concern that many are hiding their desire to accept the awful deal with slight of language. “Wanting some decent offers”, “working towards a resolution” - this is all very vague. As I said to Andrew, one mans resolution is another mans worst nightmare, same can be said for one mans decent offer can be another mans apocalyptic one.

The last thing the Trust needs is to be filled back up with people wanting to take a pittance in exchange for our future and it being hidden in words, 250 carefully selected ones.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 11:24]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 10:53 - Jul 17 with 1138 viewsUxbridge

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 10:32 - Jul 17 by Nookiejack

I am really torn on Dave Dalton.

He has indicated he is in favour of legal action if mediation breaks down.

Yet don’t want him to get in ahead of Clase and Rupert Thomas, probably Phil too.

However the current Trust Board has never wanted to take legal action - so how do you get a majority on the Trust Board that does.

So maybe I have to go for Dave Dalton and take him for his word?

The current board kicked off the mediation process, which is a first step to legal action if it fails. As such, I don't really follow your sentence.

Or are you saying that there isn't any deal that could be obtained through mediation that would be acceptable and you'd only support those who would reject any deal and push for legal action?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 11:01 - Jul 17 with 1119 viewsHighjack

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 10:53 - Jul 17 by Uxbridge

The current board kicked off the mediation process, which is a first step to legal action if it fails. As such, I don't really follow your sentence.

Or are you saying that there isn't any deal that could be obtained through mediation that would be acceptable and you'd only support those who would reject any deal and push for legal action?

Mediation has failed. Hasn’t it become clear yet that these people have absolutely no interest in working with the trust, they have no interest in the fans apart from how much money they can make us part with, and they have very little interest in the club sitting 4000 miles away doing bugger all and leaving it to rot in the hands of a large nosed failed roofer.

We’ve been trying to “mediate” with these utter bastards for the best part of three years. We’ve spent longer “building bridges” than Alec Guiness and his mates.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 11:04 - Jul 17 with 1111 viewsUxbridge

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 11:01 - Jul 17 by Highjack

Mediation has failed. Hasn’t it become clear yet that these people have absolutely no interest in working with the trust, they have no interest in the fans apart from how much money they can make us part with, and they have very little interest in the club sitting 4000 miles away doing bugger all and leaving it to rot in the hands of a large nosed failed roofer.

We’ve been trying to “mediate” with these utter bastards for the best part of three years. We’ve spent longer “building bridges” than Alec Guiness and his mates.

There is a pretty big difference between past negotiations or attempts to find a working relationship and the structured, formal mediation process that courts increasingly see as a precondition of legal action.

You may well be right to be pessimistic about the prospects of meaningful progress being made. It doesn't mean this isn't necessary though.

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 11:20 - Jul 17 with 1073 viewsNookiejack

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 10:53 - Jul 17 by Uxbridge

The current board has got us into current mediation position.

Why are we in this mediation position in the first - because they always wanted to maintain the 21% stake without thinking that the Yanks could not make any future investment - as it would dilute the Trust away. The Trust only has £800k in the bank to partake in future rights issues.

So as soon as the Selling shareholders indicated they weee going to sell - the Trust should have done so on same terms - they would have them kept a residual 5% stale like Huw Jenkins and Martin Morgan/ex wife and a seat on the Board.

Why didn’t this happen - because the Trust Board wanted to keep 21% stake - if anything wanted to increase it to 25% - with no ability to then partake in future rights issues to maintain that stake. So Yanks could not then make future investment?

The Trust Board strategy was wrong, we are now in mediation with the Trust stake worth closer to Zero than £21m.

So how can I vote for anyone who was involved with the Trust’s previous strategy or has similar views of still maintaining 21% stake, like Barbara Cook.

The mediation that will be acceptable is for the Yanks/Selling Shareholders to offer Trust same terms for their shares - that the selling shareholders received. Nothing more nothing less.
WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 11:37 - Jul 17 with 1051 viewsUxbridge

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 11:20 - Jul 17 by Nookiejack

The current board has got us into current mediation position.

Why are we in this mediation position in the first - because they always wanted to maintain the 21% stake without thinking that the Yanks could not make any future investment - as it would dilute the Trust away. The Trust only has £800k in the bank to partake in future rights issues.

So as soon as the Selling shareholders indicated they weee going to sell - the Trust should have done so on same terms - they would have them kept a residual 5% stale like Huw Jenkins and Martin Morgan/ex wife and a seat on the Board.

Why didn’t this happen - because the Trust Board wanted to keep 21% stake - if anything wanted to increase it to 25% - with no ability to then partake in future rights issues to maintain that stake. So Yanks could not then make future investment?

The Trust Board strategy was wrong, we are now in mediation with the Trust stake worth closer to Zero than £21m.

So how can I vote for anyone who was involved with the Trust’s previous strategy or has similar views of still maintaining 21% stake, like Barbara Cook.

The mediation that will be acceptable is for the Yanks/Selling Shareholders to offer Trust same terms for their shares - that the selling shareholders received. Nothing more nothing less.

We're in this position because the Trust were blatantly excluded from the 2016 sale. There was no refusal to consider selling a stake, in fact there are letters and statements that prove that to be the case. You keep repeating that lie if you want, but thems the facts and it's all a matter of public record and not just from the Trust.

You seem to have shifted your position though. Previously it was all about a full sale. Now it's retaining a 5% stake.

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 11:50 - Jul 17 with 1032 viewsNookiejack

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 11:37 - Jul 17 by Uxbridge

We're in this position because the Trust were blatantly excluded from the 2016 sale. There was no refusal to consider selling a stake, in fact there are letters and statements that prove that to be the case. You keep repeating that lie if you want, but thems the facts and it's all a matter of public record and not just from the Trust.

You seem to have shifted your position though. Previously it was all about a full sale. Now it's retaining a 5% stake.

I would always want a full sale as then Trust would have had £21m to take full ownership of the club, as would have already been in a better position to do.

However you can only expect to receive the same offer from the Yanks as the selling shareholders received.

My understanding is that Huw Jenkins was left with 5% residual stake and Martin Morgan/ ex wife 5% so you can’t expect a better offer than this.

The Trust statements were all about increasing the stake to 25%. Yes there was some wiggle room about we would sell if right offer came along - but really Trust preferred option was to increase its stake rather than selling it. Trust would have much preferred if Awlling Shareholders has gifted 4%. Without thinking further ahead about what this meant for future investment. How could the Yanks make any future investment, the Trust only has £800k to match them. The strategy was wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 12:21 - Jul 17 with 995 viewsUxbridge

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 11:50 - Jul 17 by Nookiejack

I would always want a full sale as then Trust would have had £21m to take full ownership of the club, as would have already been in a better position to do.

However you can only expect to receive the same offer from the Yanks as the selling shareholders received.

My understanding is that Huw Jenkins was left with 5% residual stake and Martin Morgan/ ex wife 5% so you can’t expect a better offer than this.

The Trust statements were all about increasing the stake to 25%. Yes there was some wiggle room about we would sell if right offer came along - but really Trust preferred option was to increase its stake rather than selling it. Trust would have much preferred if Awlling Shareholders has gifted 4%. Without thinking further ahead about what this meant for future investment. How could the Yanks make any future investment, the Trust only has £800k to match them. The strategy was wrong.

If the Trust had been engaged, instead of being ignored and avoided, then we could have had real options to consider. Talk about strategy all you want, but that's the reality.

You're ignoring the other sellers who sold up entirely of course.

I'll bow out now and let you rake over old ground.

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 14:11 - May 22 with 596 viewsswanseajack2013

and this was the last one I found
WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 15:03 - May 22 with 529 viewsexiledclaseboy

Dave works exceptionally hard for the trust and is definitely worthy of your vote should he decide to stand.

Poll: Tory leader

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 18:36 - May 22 with 430 viewslonglostjack

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 15:03 - May 22 by exiledclaseboy

Dave works exceptionally hard for the trust and is definitely worthy of your vote should he decide to stand.

Duly noted.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024