Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON 19:55 - Jul 14 with 4720 viewsTheResurrection

His 250 words

------------------------

"My name is Dave Dalton and I’m a co-opted member of the Trust Board until 31st July 2018.

In the brief time I have been involved on the Board I am more convinced than ever that it needs a strong and balanced representation to ensure it is best placed to deal with what could well be a turbulent couple of years ahead for the club and its supporters.

The Supporters Trust has been treated poorly and with contempt by both past and current owners and we undoubtedly need to become stronger and more unified to enable us to properly represent the Swans supporters again. I believe I have the qualities to help make this happen.

Recently I have become far more involved in ways to improve the huge range of communication responsibilities within the Trust. I felt this was an area that had been neglected in recent times causing fans like myself to feel distant and apathetic. This needs to change as without the backing of supporters the Trust simply cannot function as intended.

Unfortunately this is not going to be a quick or simple process but I genuinely feel we are now beginning to see improvements in many of our procedures. However more time is required.

I hope that with your support it will allow me the opportunity to continue my work on the Board and we can begin to see a stronger, more proactive Swans Trust that is able to properly engage and represent our supporters as intended."

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 00:54 - Jul 15 with 3366 viewsbuilthjack

Can you outline what you intend doing please?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 15:01 - Jul 15 with 3152 viewsUplandsJack

Dave, I hope you dont mind but Id welcome your thoughts on the following subjects.

1. What is your stance re perusing legal action against old/new board?

2. Are you in favour of or against, continued pressure to remove old big nose from his chairman role?

3. Also like last poster, how do you intend/purpose to improve avenues of communication with members/fans in general?

Thanks in advance for your responses, im sure as I said before, they will be welcomed by others as well as myself.
WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 16:05 - Jul 15 with 3109 viewsAlgorfajack

Apart from Phil S, ECB & possibly Andrew McGlashan, I don't think any of the candidates post on here & Andrew only briefly after being co-opted last year.

So as these speeches have been posted by the Res, I doubt very much if any questions to anyone other than the three mentioned will get an answer & possibly only the first two.

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 16:41 - Jul 15 with 3089 viewsPhil_S

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 20:45 - Jul 15 with 2962 viewsbuilthjack

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 16:41 - Jul 15 by Phil_S

Is he too fcking lazy to visit this site? He says he knows there are questions to him on here.
If he can't be assed to look and answer then fck him. He has 24 hours.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 21:41 - Jul 15 with 2894 viewsSgorioFruit

sod voting, is anyone actually still a member of this heap of crap?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 21:44 - Jul 15 with 2887 viewsDJack

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 20:45 - Jul 15 by builthjack

Is he too fcking lazy to visit this site? He says he knows there are questions to him on here.
If he can't be assed to look and answer then fck him. He has 24 hours.

He's saying "The plebs need to come to me."

Galling after his statement ..."Recently I have become far more involved in ways to improve the huge range of communication responsibilities within the Trust."

So he's promoting his work on improving communication but yet he is forcing those with questions to, individually, get in touch with him... File under ignore/no votes.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 21:53 - Jul 15 with 2859 viewsUxbridge

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 21:44 - Jul 15 by DJack

Galling after his statement ..."Recently I have become far more involved in ways to improve the huge range of communication responsibilities within the Trust."

So he's promoting his work on improving communication but yet he is forcing those with questions to, individually, get in touch with him... File under ignore/no votes.

A tad harsh IMO. I know he's posted on FB, Twitter and Scfc2

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 22:00 - Jul 15 with 2834 viewsDJack

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 21:53 - Jul 15 by Uxbridge

A tad harsh IMO. I know he's posted on FB, Twitter and Scfc2

So he knows that there are many fans with pertinent questions on here but he wanted someone else to post on here his address so those members could go chasing after him...

Another "nice bloke" but not the kind the Trust needs now - disclaimer: I've not rejoined the Trust as I'm still concerned that the balance of power is with the appeasing asshats.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 22:10 - Jul 15 with 2806 viewslonglostjack

Oh dear. Just seen this. He’s certainly not doing himself any favours. Not impressed.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 22:19 - Jul 15 with 2774 viewsBillyChong

Pretty much the same thoughts. If you can’t open a web page, read and post a response what hope is there as far as communication is concerned.
WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 22:19 - Jul 15 with 2771 viewsbuilthjack

If he's lazy now, he's no good for the fight.
Prove me wrong Davey.

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 22:22 - Jul 15 with 2763 viewsBillyChong

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 15:01 - Jul 15 by UplandsJack

Dave, I hope you dont mind but Id welcome your thoughts on the following subjects.

2. Are you in favour of or against, continued pressure to remove old big nose from his chairman role?

3. Also like last poster, how do you intend/purpose to improve avenues of communication with members/fans in general?

Thanks in advance for your responses, im sure as I said before, they will be welcomed by others as well as myself.

Every candidate needs to answer 1 and 2.
WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 22:28 - Jul 15 with 2740 viewsDippy

Everyone knows it's all a swizz.. they don't put outlandish mavericks like me and the Res into the vicinity, we're too childish, unstructured and unreasonable.

But that's just speculation in the psyche of safe and steady types, but successful businesses don't thrive under stability.. teams need mavericks who will stick their foot into the tackle, and ask questions on the edge of reason, and perceived rational thought.

The World does not like us, because we want change, nobody likes change, due to fear.

You can argue against me.. but the World is a moving obstacle, and you have to manipulate every variable for a progressive entity to move forward. It's physics.

Poll: Cooper Out

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 22:32 - Jul 15 with 2711 viewsLoyal

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 22:28 - Jul 15 by Dippy

Everyone knows it's all a swizz.. they don't put outlandish mavericks like me and the Res into the vicinity, we're too childish, unstructured and unreasonable.

But that's just speculation in the psyche of safe and steady types, but successful businesses don't thrive under stability.. teams need mavericks who will stick their foot into the tackle, and ask questions on the edge of reason, and perceived rational thought.

The World does not like us, because we want change, nobody likes change, due to fear.

You can argue against me.. but the World is a moving obstacle, and you have to manipulate every variable for a progressive entity to move forward. It's physics.

Doesn't stop you standing ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 22:38 - Jul 15 with 2673 viewsDippy

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 22:32 - Jul 15 by Loyal

Doesn't stop you standing ...

Why?.. nobody will employ me.. never mind elect me to a position of responsibility.

I'm a risk, nobody likes risks.. risks are not allowed in the perceived rational world.

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 23:25 - Jul 15 with 2619 viewsAber_Jack

After just receiving a couple of messages from other PS members it looks as if I need to post a response to some concerns on here!

I can assure you that there is nothing sinister in the fact I am only doing so now...its just a simple fact that for the past 2-3 years I haven't been a regular visitor to the site - sorry Phil!

I am more than happy to answer any questions that come my way and if that be via PS, FB, SCFC2, Twitter, email or any other way that suits I will endeavor to provide a meaningful response.

I will go back through this thread in more detail after I post this and answer the questions that have been asked already. If I have already replied to you via the other routes I've mentioned above then its not an issue as it will allow others on here to see where I stand on what I believe are going to be a tough couple of years for the club and the Trust.

Thanks / Diolch

Dave Dalton
aka Aber_Jack
WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 23:35 - Jul 15 with 2601 viewsDippy

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 23:25 - Jul 15 by Aber_Jack

After just receiving a couple of messages from other PS members it looks as if I need to post a response to some concerns on here!

I can assure you that there is nothing sinister in the fact I am only doing so now...its just a simple fact that for the past 2-3 years I haven't been a regular visitor to the site - sorry Phil!

I am more than happy to answer any questions that come my way and if that be via PS, FB, SCFC2, Twitter, email or any other way that suits I will endeavor to provide a meaningful response.

I will go back through this thread in more detail after I post this and answer the questions that have been asked already. If I have already replied to you via the other routes I've mentioned above then its not an issue as it will allow others on here to see where I stand on what I believe are going to be a tough couple of years for the club and the Trust.

Thanks / Diolch

Dave Dalton
aka Aber_Jack

You can cut the 250 word bullsh*t now.. and get down to the question.

Would you go into the 50/50 ball?

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 23:35 - Jul 15 with 2601 viewsAlgorfajack

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 23:25 - Jul 15 by Aber_Jack

Thanks / Diolch

Dave Dalton
aka Aber_Jack

Thanks Dave, Good luck

Colin

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 00:14 - Jul 16 with 2561 viewsAber_Jack

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 15:01 - Jul 15 by UplandsJack

Some initial replies of mine to the following questions I've just come across....

If we don't get any attempt of some decent offers from the board (old or new) from this current process of mediation our legal side are pursuing then it simply has to be legal action as the only other option left available to us.

Since becoming a co-opted member of the Trust board late last year and getting to understand a lot more of what has gone on over the past few years then I firmly believe it is time for HJ to step down as Chairman.

I am not going to pretend that this isn't a problem for the Trust. It is and arguably was one of the main reasons why I wanted to get more involved with the Trust when I stood for election last year. I quickly realised however that others far better than me who have represented the Trust have found this a tough nut to crack! It wont be for the lack of trying if I do get another chance to make even a small improvement though!

That said, whatever the reasons are as to why this has become such an issue over the past few years are now broadly irrelevant as the Trust in now in completely new territory. What is important in my view is that when the new board get elected then priority MUST be given to selecting the very best individuals we have at our disposal to be put together and given the remit and jurisdiction of leading the way forward to give our members as much information as we are able and on a far more regular basis than what we do now. It is slowly improving though but still has a huge way to go!

I believe the choice of who we go for as new co-opted board members should also have "communication" at the forefront of who they decide to approach. All forms of communication have their part to play here (yes including PS!) but will only be as good as what we produce and put out there. It has to be useful and relevant and not just be put out there for the sake of it.

I have other ideas as well but preferably would like to initially discuss them with the new Trust board, if of course I am fortunate enough to get elected? If I don't then I will just have to send them a strongly worded letter with my suggestions!!

The other thing that I believe is crucial to the future of the Trust is increasing our member base and also looking to bring younger supporters in. Again a tough task but one that is absolutely vital if we are to remain a viable part of this club in the years ahead.
WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 00:33 - Jul 16 with 2539 viewsDJack

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 22:38 - Jul 15 by Dippy

Why?.. nobody will employ me.. never mind elect me to a position of responsibility.

I'm a risk, nobody likes risks.. risks are not allowed in the perceived rational world.

Do you think that Trump wasn't a risk?

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 00:54 - Jul 16 with 2522 viewsDJack

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 00:14 - Jul 16 by Aber_Jack

Some initial replies of mine to the following questions I've just come across....

If we don't get any attempt of some decent offers from the board (old or new) from this current process of mediation our legal side are pursuing then it simply has to be legal action as the only other option left available to us.

Since becoming a co-opted member of the Trust board late last year and getting to understand a lot more of what has gone on over the past few years then I firmly believe it is time for HJ to step down as Chairman.

I am not going to pretend that this isn't a problem for the Trust. It is and arguably was one of the main reasons why I wanted to get more involved with the Trust when I stood for election last year. I quickly realised however that others far better than me who have represented the Trust have found this a tough nut to crack! It wont be for the lack of trying if I do get another chance to make even a small improvement though!

That said, whatever the reasons are as to why this has become such an issue over the past few years are now broadly irrelevant as the Trust in now in completely new territory. What is important in my view is that when the new board get elected then priority MUST be given to selecting the very best individuals we have at our disposal to be put together and given the remit and jurisdiction of leading the way forward to give our members as much information as we are able and on a far more regular basis than what we do now. It is slowly improving though but still has a huge way to go!

I believe the choice of who we go for as new co-opted board members should also have "communication" at the forefront of who they decide to approach. All forms of communication have their part to play here (yes including PS!) but will only be as good as what we produce and put out there. It has to be useful and relevant and not just be put out there for the sake of it.

I have other ideas as well but preferably would like to initially discuss them with the new Trust board, if of course I am fortunate enough to get elected? If I don't then I will just have to send them a strongly worded letter with my suggestions!!

The other thing that I believe is crucial to the future of the Trust is increasing our member base and also looking to bring younger supporters in. Again a tough task but one that is absolutely vital if we are to remain a viable part of this club in the years ahead.

Dave, firstly I must thank you for taking time to answer some of the question - unequivocal fact.

However I am concerned that your language is a bit odd/weak - "If we don't get any attempt of some decent offers from the board" - offers are NOTHING, binding action is EVERYTHING but I am heartened by your "support" of the legal route upon failing to meet your position. I do wish that you were more definitive of your "red lines" for action as this is were the real truth of the matter is, otherwise you sound just like any and every other politician/vested interest out there.

The majority of your position is about communication. No matter how venerable that position is, if we are a lap dog to the Yanks or we have no club to support then that communication is worthless so what is it that you intend to do to enable us to ensure the viable future of our club.

There are many posters on here who's intellect is second to none (not me unfortunately ) and they will see straight though you so I ask that you give us action and not soundbites. I ask that you actually fight for the benefit of a community football club,I ask that you fight for an ugly, lovely city and it's football club.

EDIT - cos I have a ham fist.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 0:58]

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 00:59 - Jul 16 with 2512 viewsDJack

P.S Your avatar is AWESOME...can I steal it?

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 06:17 - Jul 16 with 2448 viewsWhiterockin

Sorry but your initial arrogant response, basically members come to me I wont come to you, means I will not be voting for you. Only when you realised that you were in serious danger of losing votes, did you respond. The arrogance of board members ignoring the wishes of members and doing exactly what they want to do needs to stop, I can see you are not prepared to do this, so as I say, you will not be getting my vote.
WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 10:25 - Jul 17 with 2191 viewsOutsider

WHO TO VOTE INTO THE TRUST - Candidate 5 DAVE DALTON on 00:14 - Jul 16 by Aber_Jack

Dave please can you explain what "our legal side" of the Trust means?

Does this mean Dai Little? Or a sub-group of the Trust Board being advised by Dai Little? If so what are the names of the sub-group of Trust board members who are dealing with the mediation process?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024