Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas to Burnley? 03:35 - Jul 15 with 15807 viewsSwansea93

12M according to The Sun (Alan Nixon) who's been pretty spot on with us.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6780523/burnley-transfer-news-sam-clucas
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 3:36]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Clucas to Burnley? on 22:41 - Jul 15 with 3132 viewsLoyal

Clucas to Burnley? on 15:45 - Jul 15 by hobo

They saw how easily they mugged us off for Jack Cork, and are now trying to do the same with Clucas. Smart business

But apparently clucas is shit, smart business ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Clucas to Burnley? on 22:49 - Jul 15 with 3108 viewsKerouac

I would only accept £17m, up front, no add ons.

My logic?
He will be in the first-team all year in the Championship. A key player...
and he is useful in a number of positions...
and he has experience at that level.

We are only 1 year into his contract.
If a Premier League club/s want him they need to give us our money back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Clucas to Burnley? on 22:52 - Jul 15 with 3076 viewsDippy

In the correct formation, he'd do alright.. but that's all he's ever going to be, is alright..

Poll: Cooper Out

Clucas to Burnley? on 22:55 - Jul 15 with 3076 viewsharryhpalmer

hang about, some of you are willing to except £12m for a guy being chased by a PL club, and who cost us £16-17m, and has a long contract, and is English/homegrown qualified?

yet, a Championship side is willing to pay £7m for Bartley?

£12m does not make financial sense. We need to maximise revenue to rebuild. That means screwing those trying to buy.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Clucas to Burnley? on 23:10 - Jul 15 with 3027 viewsjasper_T

Clucas to Burnley? on 22:55 - Jul 15 by harryhpalmer

hang about, some of you are willing to except £12m for a guy being chased by a PL club, and who cost us £16-17m, and has a long contract, and is English/homegrown qualified?

yet, a Championship side is willing to pay £7m for Bartley?

£12m does not make financial sense. We need to maximise revenue to rebuild. That means screwing those trying to buy.

If we ask £17m they'll say no like they did last summer and we'll be stuck with the useless fcker on his PL wages. He's going to miss preseason and the first month of so recovering from surgery (nights out on the pints aren't going to make that go any faster, neither).

Cut our losses and get rid asap.
Clucas to Burnley? on 00:56 - Jul 16 with 2967 viewsomarjack

Clucas's current book value is 11.2 m (considering he already spent 1 year out of his 4 years contract + considering we've paid 15 m for him as add ones are unlikely to be triggered)

Technically. if we sell for 12 m the club will break even or even make a small profit.

Anyway..Burnley want to pay 12 m to sign Clucas??? Well..There must be something about him our managers have been missing. Sean Dyche is no mug. And I'm sure he plays a big part in the club's recruitments. Last season he wanted him but we "snatched" him after they were priced out..And after the sh!t season he's had with us..Burnley..Who will be playing European football FFS still want him?

Maybe we shouldn't sell..I mean he's had a positive championship experience with Hull. Was a main factor in their latest promotion. Dyche still thinks he's worth 12 m..

He's probably the least exciting player that ever signed for the Swans. But he could be used in many positions..he has a good injury record..

Maybe Potter can uncover his hidden talent? I say we keep..for this season at least until we see how he'd perform.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Clucas to Burnley? on 01:15 - Jul 16 with 2961 viewsDJack

Clucas to Burnley? on 00:56 - Jul 16 by omarjack

Clucas's current book value is 11.2 m (considering he already spent 1 year out of his 4 years contract + considering we've paid 15 m for him as add ones are unlikely to be triggered)

Technically. if we sell for 12 m the club will break even or even make a small profit.

Anyway..Burnley want to pay 12 m to sign Clucas??? Well..There must be something about him our managers have been missing. Sean Dyche is no mug. And I'm sure he plays a big part in the club's recruitments. Last season he wanted him but we "snatched" him after they were priced out..And after the sh!t season he's had with us..Burnley..Who will be playing European football FFS still want him?

Maybe we shouldn't sell..I mean he's had a positive championship experience with Hull. Was a main factor in their latest promotion. Dyche still thinks he's worth 12 m..

He's probably the least exciting player that ever signed for the Swans. But he could be used in many positions..he has a good injury record..

Maybe Potter can uncover his hidden talent? I say we keep..for this season at least until we see how he'd perform.

Oddly enough, as someone who has slated Sam and his " performances" I would keep him in the Championship... but like all footballers his agent wants to make more money so I know that we wont - It's feckall to do with levels, just money!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Clucas to Burnley? on 05:03 - Jul 16 with 2872 viewsE20Jack

Clucas to Burnley? on 19:44 - Jul 15 by theloneranger

Llorente's cast came off as soon as he signed for Spurs

Miracle Cure

It wasn’t so much the cast, it was the fact he had zero pre season. They even chose a midfielder up front in the end when Kane was out instead of playing him. His season was ruined by that injury, cast or not. Never caught up. Yet by the time he did, he could have signed for someone else for free. Had to be sold and will always be the right decision.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Login to get fewer ads

Clucas to Burnley? on 05:08 - Jul 16 with 2872 viewsE20Jack

Clucas to Burnley? on 20:08 - Jul 15 by thornabyswan

We have to recycle money did you manage to keep a straight face when you posted that.
Signing Bony on a 2 year deal was more expensive than keeping Llorente.
Llorente was sold for about the same as we bought Bony for.
His goals could have kept us in rhe PL.
Now we are shipping Ayew and Bony off for peanuts.
Your post makes no sense.

It makes every bit of sense.

You are looking at it with hindsight. Should we have stayed up (and we really should have given the position we were in) then these players could be moved on. Llorente’s value is now tied up in Bony, if we kept Llorente then that value was now zero, not only zero but a massive negative as we would have to find another striker and use money from elsewhere.

You say his goals “could” have kept us in the PL, but they also “may not” have. Going by his past goal scoring record, his fitness levels and zero pre season - I would say it would be extremely unlikely that it would be the case. Had to be sold, I am stunned people still can’t grasp this.

Clucas to Burnley? on 05:10 - Jul 16 with 2871 viewsE20Jack

Clucas to Burnley? on 22:49 - Jul 15 by Kerouac

I would only accept £17m, up front, no add ons.

My logic?
He will be in the first-team all year in the Championship. A key player...
and he is useful in a number of positions...
and he has experience at that level.

We are only 1 year into his contract.
If a Premier League club/s want him they need to give us our money back.

We didn’t pay £17m

Clucas to Burnley? on 08:11 - Jul 16 with 2757 viewsWarwickHunt

Could our new recruitment team do better for £12m?

I sincerely fûcking hope so. Whether we reinvest the money in players is another matter...
Clucas to Burnley? on 10:08 - Jul 16 with 2628 viewsawayjack

Clucas to Burnley? on 00:56 - Jul 16 by omarjack

Your first paragraph is all our Board will consider. £12m and a profit they'll sell as with any player of any value and 're-invest' maybe 20% of proceeds. Someone has to pay Board inflated salaries.
Clucas to Burnley? on 10:15 - Jul 16 with 2610 viewsLeonWasGod

Clucas to Burnley? on 21:25 - Jul 15 by Flashberryjack

Of course losing money on a player is never good news, but to think that there may be a chance of selling for him for £12 million feels like winning the lottery.

Yep. Hasn't worked out for him or us. There's a chance that he'll be ok this year, but I'd rather start afresh with someone who hasn't got the baggage of a rubbish season behind him. Goes without saying we should get has much as we can for him, but I think it's in the best interests of both parties if he moves on.

If he doesn't then lets hope he's given a chance by our more fickle fans whop were booing him last year, otherwise it'll be a miserable season again.
Clucas to Burnley? on 09:54 - Jul 17 with 2417 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Taxi for clueless.
Clucas to Burnley? on 11:42 - Jul 17 with 2323 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Alan Nixon, is guessing left right and centre, more than half are well wrong.

Clucas could be a really decent player in the Championship under a good Manager, but £12Million is a lot of money?

I think I would take it but we will need to get some players in and how much of this money will go towards players? Feck all probably!

If he does go there I wouldn't be surprised to see him do well under Sean Dyche!
Clucas to Burnley? on 13:44 - Jul 17 with 2196 viewsSwan91

Clucas to Burnley? on 11:42 - Jul 17 by AlfieMooresSon

Alan Nixon, is guessing left right and centre, more than half are well wrong.

Clucas could be a really decent player in the Championship under a good Manager, but £12Million is a lot of money?

I think I would take it but we will need to get some players in and how much of this money will go towards players? Feck all probably!

If he does go there I wouldn't be surprised to see him do well under Sean Dyche!

They payed 10million so wouldn't be surprised that they would pay that much for clucas(a player who can play in multiple positions) if they plan on doing well they need players like that to help with their extra games.
Clucas to Burnley? on 14:50 - Jul 17 with 2110 viewshobo

Clucas to Burnley? on 20:43 - Jul 15 by thornabyswan

No I get that was just pointing out that the moneyball strategy will get used less now according to recent reports.

I don't think we've done 'moneyball' dealings for many seasons, and this signing couldn't be further away from a moneyball signing. He wasn't great in his solitary PL season, any there was nothing at all to suggest he's worth over £10m
Clucas to Burnley? on 16:23 - Jul 17 with 2040 viewsWAFU

Nice to see the dead wood getting shipped out. Routledge next please.
Clucas to Burnley? on 22:02 - Jul 17 with 1860 viewsawayjack

Clucas to Burnley? on 14:50 - Jul 17 by hobo

I don't think we've done 'moneyball' dealings for many seasons, and this signing couldn't be further away from a moneyball signing. He wasn't great in his solitary PL season, any there was nothing at all to suggest he's worth over £10m

Burnley seem to agree and made £8m offer. Still high but half of what we paid. Someone earned a lot out from our deal.
Clucas to Burnley? on 23:29 - Jul 17 with 1792 viewsomarjack

Clucas to Burnley? on 22:02 - Jul 17 by awayjack

Burnley seem to agree and made £8m offer. Still high but half of what we paid. Someone earned a lot out from our deal.

8 m + Sam Vokes would be acceptable imo.

And this 8 m should be invested completely in a Clucas replacement. Which we can certainly buy a better player with it.

Clucas to Burnley? on 09:31 - Jul 18 with 1678 viewsomarjack

Now the Sun claims that Clucas to Burnley will be done in the next 48 hours. Not that I take any stock in what the Sun thinks but this rumour is starting to have real legs now.

If we were still a PL club I'd be overjoyed at the 2nd chance we have to use the money properly.

But being in the Championship and all..Clucas is exactly the kind of player we could use. Is he replaceable? Surely. But would we replace him with intelligence? How much of this money will be spent for a replacement?

I don't have much faith right now..taking 10-12 m for Clucas..replacing him with a 2-3 m U21 "talent with potential"

We'll see how this is going to go.

Clucas to Burnley? on 09:52 - Jul 18 with 1628 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Clucas to Burnley? on 09:31 - Jul 18 by omarjack

Now the Sun claims that Clucas to Burnley will be done in the next 48 hours. Not that I take any stock in what the Sun thinks but this rumour is starting to have real legs now.

If we were still a PL club I'd be overjoyed at the 2nd chance we have to use the money properly.

But being in the Championship and all..Clucas is exactly the kind of player we could use. Is he replaceable? Surely. But would we replace him with intelligence? How much of this money will be spent for a replacement?

I don't have much faith right now..taking 10-12 m for Clucas..replacing him with a 2-3 m U21 "talent with potential"

We'll see how this is going to go.

Agree that's how I see it!

We need that money for replacements, he would do a good job in the championship and is not one of the players we should be selling if we really do want to bounce back.

What budget will we get to replace all of these players, I appreciate we have to be careful, but we have to at least give it a bit of a go.
Clucas to Burnley? on 10:13 - Jul 18 with 1580 viewsomarjack

Clucas to Burnley? on 09:52 - Jul 18 by AlfieMooresSon

Agree that's how I see it!

We need that money for replacements, he would do a good job in the championship and is not one of the players we should be selling if we really do want to bounce back.

What budget will we get to replace all of these players, I appreciate we have to be careful, but we have to at least give it a bit of a go.

Would Potter have accepted the job if he wasn't promised a decent budget and try to keep in as many decent players as possible?

I mean FFS..even Leroy Fer is reportedly attracting interest from his former club Feyenoord.

Will every half decent player go and be replaced with our current academy players who are suddenly "ready to step in" and some U21 rejects and 2 m "exciting prospects"?

Grim..

Clucas to Burnley? on 10:17 - Jul 18 with 1564 viewsjasper_T

Clucas to Burnley? on 10:13 - Jul 18 by omarjack

Would Potter have accepted the job if he wasn't promised a decent budget and try to keep in as many decent players as possible?

I mean FFS..even Leroy Fer is reportedly attracting interest from his former club Feyenoord.

Will every half decent player go and be replaced with our current academy players who are suddenly "ready to step in" and some U21 rejects and 2 m "exciting prospects"?

Grim..

It's not like he had a big budget in Sweden, is it.
Clucas to Burnley? on 11:13 - Jul 18 with 1472 viewsWhiterockin

Clucas to Burnley? on 10:13 - Jul 18 by omarjack

Grim..

Strange how 6 weeks all our players were crap and could f**k off. Now when they are leaving they are half decent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024