Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas to Burnley? 03:35 - Jul 15 with 15876 viewsSwansea93

12M according to The Sun (Alan Nixon) who's been pretty spot on with us.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6780523/burnley-transfer-news-sam-clucas
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 3:36]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Clucas to Burnley? on 04:59 - Jul 15 with 6171 viewsE20Jack

Would be a shame if he goes. Would be an absolute key player in the Championship. Although £12m after relegation shows the point that English players retain a large proportion of their value and easier to find an actual paying customer as opposed to their foreign counterparts who would have to be shipped out on loan most likely.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Clucas to Burnley? on 07:35 - Jul 15 with 5991 viewsWhiterockin

He will probably be as successful at Burnley as the last cast off we sold them, some thought he was useless as well.
Clucas to Burnley? on 07:36 - Jul 15 with 5988 viewsSwan91

I think it would be a good deal... he is a good all rounder midfielder but for that much money.. we could get a new one for possibly half the price! also depends if we use an AT Mid or not in our tactics. If A.Ayew doesn't leave then I guess he could go as AM.

Fer, Caroll as a main pair I guess.... with fulton, grimes and GP used Amat as a cm against Yeovil.. so maybe he thinks amat would be a decent defensive minded CM.

We should be looking at bringing in maybe 1 new CM if Clucas leaves. Unless GP thinks Grimes can make the step up...
Clucas to Burnley? on 08:35 - Jul 15 with 5814 views34dfgdf54

Clucas to Burnley? on 04:59 - Jul 15 by E20Jack

Would be a shame if he goes. Would be an absolute key player in the Championship. Although £12m after relegation shows the point that English players retain a large proportion of their value and easier to find an actual paying customer as opposed to their foreign counterparts who would have to be shipped out on loan most likely.

I’ll give you that one if he goes for that money, you called it in fairness.

He’s never settled in here so wouldn’t be at all surprised if this is true, and Burnley were in for him when we signed.
Clucas to Burnley? on 09:26 - Jul 15 with 5545 viewsbuilthjack

He won't be fit until early September will he? I thought he had knee surgery the same time as Mawson.
Oh, by the way, he was on the razz in Wind St last night until about 1.30am.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 9:26]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Clucas to Burnley? on 09:27 - Jul 15 with 5531 viewsWarwickHunt

£12m plus the add-on of 500k every time he uses his right foot.

£12m then...

Start the car.
Clucas to Burnley? on 09:48 - Jul 15 with 5409 viewsLoyal

Was he that bad ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Clucas to Burnley? on 09:50 - Jul 15 with 5405 viewsShaky

Maybe this is true, maybe not, but the article quoted in the OP appears to be at least 75% about Craig Dawson, and I do find that rather strange.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Login to get fewer ads

Clucas to Burnley? on 09:58 - Jul 15 with 5348 viewsjasper_T

Nixon was wrong about West Ham & Mawson the other day.

Hope he's not wrong about this one. Poor player always looking for excuses.
Clucas to Burnley? on 10:05 - Jul 15 with 5301 viewscmajack

Clucas to Burnley? on 09:48 - Jul 15 by Loyal

Was he that bad ?

For 16 or 17 million pounds. Yes he really was that bad.
Clucas to Burnley? on 10:42 - Jul 15 with 5118 viewshobo

But but but, we paid £17m for him from a relegated team in the last year of his contract
Clucas to Burnley? on 11:04 - Jul 15 with 5020 viewsGeoffThom

Clucas to Burnley? on 10:05 - Jul 15 by cmajack

For 16 or 17 million pounds. Yes he really was that bad.

Spot on. If we had paid huws fav figure of 5m I wouldn’t say so much ,but a record signing at the time ,bloody poor for the sum
Clucas to Burnley? on 11:24 - Jul 15 with 4945 viewsTheKirkyLife

£12 million??? I'll drive him there myself and I've got to make it from London to Swansea first.
Clucas to Burnley? on 11:31 - Jul 15 with 4919 viewsWingstandwood

Ahhhh, Sam "Bloody" Clucas was what he was called by an irate Swansea Sound commentator whom had enough of having his intelligence insulted from watching him play.....................................................Start the car!

Argus!

Clucas to Burnley? on 11:33 - Jul 15 with 4913 viewsAl_Bundy

Fer and Carroll as our mainstay midfield. One is injury prone and lasts an hour and the other is void of any tempo or creativity.
Clucas to Burnley? on 11:34 - Jul 15 with 4909 viewsDewi1jack

Clucas to Burnley? on 11:04 - Jul 15 by GeoffThom

Spot on. If we had paid huws fav figure of 5m I wouldn’t say so much ,but a record signing at the time ,bloody poor for the sum

Could agree "bloody poor for the sum" if the player himself set the fee, the terms of contract of his move etc

All the contract fukups, fees overpaid, wrong type of player etc lay firmly at the feet of 1 person, who is responsible to the owners.
Owners like the stinking lying, snidey failed roofer so the (very costly) mistakes roll on and we as fans, get to pay for the privilege of watching the mistakes on the pitch.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Clucas to Burnley? on 15:17 - Jul 15 with 4453 viewsFireboy2

Just told my eldest about clucas

And he said 'good'

Clucas to Burnley? on 15:31 - Jul 15 with 4404 viewsBobbyBacala

£12m is a low amount - he's basically lost 35% of his value, despite playing most of last season and having 3 years left on his contract. I'd prefer we kept him (assuming he doesn't throw his toys out of the pram) at that price.
Clucas to Burnley? on 15:44 - Jul 15 with 4346 viewsMorfa_Same

£12m would be a great bit of business, but if it's going to happen, make it happen now rather than the last day of the window.

We have so much rebuilding to do this summer, but we're being hamstrung by the fact we can't get rid of Bony or Ayew, and Mawson's transfer is being delayed by his injury. If someone is stupid enough to pay us £12m for Clucas that would be a massive bonus.
Clucas to Burnley? on 15:45 - Jul 15 with 4343 viewshobo

Clucas to Burnley? on 15:31 - Jul 15 by BobbyBacala

£12m is a low amount - he's basically lost 35% of his value, despite playing most of last season and having 3 years left on his contract. I'd prefer we kept him (assuming he doesn't throw his toys out of the pram) at that price.

They saw how easily they mugged us off for Jack Cork, and are now trying to do the same with Clucas. Smart business
Clucas to Burnley? on 15:47 - Jul 15 with 4339 views34dfgdf54

Clucas to Burnley? on 15:44 - Jul 15 by Morfa_Same

£12m would be a great bit of business, but if it's going to happen, make it happen now rather than the last day of the window.

We have so much rebuilding to do this summer, but we're being hamstrung by the fact we can't get rid of Bony or Ayew, and Mawson's transfer is being delayed by his injury. If someone is stupid enough to pay us £12m for Clucas that would be a massive bonus.

Losing £4/5m is never great business, but it’s as much as we can hope for and more than expected.

Clucas was never the type of player we needed, terrible work by Jenkins and co yet again. Saying that though I would have liked to have kept him for the Championship, but I’m guessing he wants out, never seemed settled here.
Clucas to Burnley? on 15:52 - Jul 15 with 4312 viewsE20Jack

Clucas to Burnley? on 15:31 - Jul 15 by BobbyBacala

We didn’t pay £17m, there is no way the extra payments were triggered. So it was only £14.5 wasn’t it?

It would be about an 18% loss. Which, considering we are now relegated and clearly selling the family silver, added to the fact we overpaid in our desperate attempts to bolster and regenerate our team - it’s not a bad result.

We do need to start bringing in some players now though.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Clucas to Burnley? on 15:59 - Jul 15 with 4286 viewslifelong

Wasn’t Clucas rated, by some, as one the best midfielders in the Championship?

I didn’t rate him with us in the Premier League, but if the above statement is correct surely we should try to keep him.
Clucas to Burnley? on 16:11 - Jul 15 with 4244 viewsjasper_T

Cork was 10x the player for us that Clucas has been.
Clucas to Burnley? on 16:37 - Jul 15 with 4154 viewsBobbyBacala

Clucas to Burnley? on 15:52 - Jul 15 by E20Jack

We didn’t pay £17m, there is no way the extra payments were triggered. So it was only £14.5 wasn’t it?

It would be about an 18% loss. Which, considering we are now relegated and clearly selling the family silver, added to the fact we overpaid in our desperate attempts to bolster and regenerate our team - it’s not a bad result.

We do need to start bringing in some players now though.

Fair point, didn't factor in the bonus payments.

Personally still think it's too low but there does come a point when it's best to sell rather than haggle over an extra £2/3m so we can start getting players in as you suggest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024