Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas to Burnley? 03:35 - Jul 15 with 15877 viewsSwansea93

12M according to The Sun (Alan Nixon) who's been pretty spot on with us.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6780523/burnley-transfer-news-sam-clucas
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 3:36]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Clucas to Burnley? on 11:56 - Jul 18 with 2552 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Clucas to Burnley? on 11:13 - Jul 18 by Whiterockin

Strange how 6 weeks all our players were crap and could f**k off. Now when they are leaving they are half decent.

Crap for Prem, Half Decent for Championship.
What is it you don't understand about the difference?
Clucas to Burnley? on 12:08 - Jul 18 with 2507 viewsjasper_T

Clucas to Burnley? on 11:56 - Jul 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Nah, the Championship is an even harder, faster, tougher league, innit. Our lads had it easy last year, now comes the real test.
Clucas to Burnley? on 12:24 - Jul 18 with 2454 viewsDaggyjack

Burnley in talks over Mawson as well.
£35 million for the pair please.
Clucas to Burnley? on 12:30 - Jul 18 with 2427 viewsWhiterockin

Clucas to Burnley? on 11:56 - Jul 18 by A_Fans_Dad

I do understand about the difference, but what is laughable is six weeks ago they were crap and people wanted them to go and now they are half decent when they are going.
Clucas to Burnley? on 13:25 - Jul 18 with 2324 viewsicecoldjack

Just need to get rid at that price. There is hardly any difference in clucas to Fulton so it won't be a great loss in that respect.

As for the other dross we have accumulated, well, the lack of teams beating down the door to buy is quite telling, most will need to play for their futures but seeing how weak minded some of them appear to be I think we will be stuck with them.

Sell the dross we can, and try our best to rip up and start over again, it's the only way forward .
Clucas to Burnley? on 15:16 - Jul 18 with 2192 views34dfgdf54

Clucas to Burnley? on 13:25 - Jul 18 by icecoldjack

Just need to get rid at that price. There is hardly any difference in clucas to Fulton so it won't be a great loss in that respect.

As for the other dross we have accumulated, well, the lack of teams beating down the door to buy is quite telling, most will need to play for their futures but seeing how weak minded some of them appear to be I think we will be stuck with them.

Sell the dross we can, and try our best to rip up and start over again, it's the only way forward .

Not getting this Fulton love in.

There is not a chance in hell Fulton could have performed to the level Clucas did at Hull in the Championship or Premier League. I agree on the whole it’s been a bad signing for us, he hasn’t settled in and for me, the fee has effected him, but there’s a good player in there which I have no doubt we will see if he goes to Burnley.

He just wasn’t the type of player we needed at that time.
Clucas to Burnley? on 16:25 - Jul 18 with 2085 viewsawayjack

Clucas to Burnley? on 15:16 - Jul 18 by 34dfgdf54

There is not a chance in hell Fulton could have performed to the level Clucas did at Hull in the Championship or Premier League. I agree on the whole it’s been a bad signing for us, he hasn’t settled in and for me, the fee has effected him, but there’s a good player in there which I have no doubt we will see if he goes to Burnley.

Many of our fans enjoy bigging up players that haven't played much. Dreamers. Fulton has done absolutely zero in his several years at our club. Is he really going to be a key player now?
Clucas to Burnley? on 16:28 - Jul 18 with 2077 viewsforkbeard

Clucas to Burnley? on 15:16 - Jul 18 by 34dfgdf54

Exactly. Wigan fans didn’t rate him in league 1 and that says a lot.
Login to get fewer ads

Clucas to Burnley? on 16:40 - Jul 18 with 2040 viewsAl_Bundy

Good to see posters finally coming to terms with players that they have over rated in the past.

Next is to see who falls over the Championship cliff and they become a can do a job in L1 player. We have a few sadly very near that ability.
Clucas to Burnley? on 17:04 - Jul 18 with 1972 views34dfgdf54

Clucas to Burnley? on 12:24 - Jul 18 by Daggyjack

Burnley in talks over Mawson as well.
£35 million for the pair please.

A double deal wouldn’t surprise me.

Huw will then try and shaft Barnsley out of their sell on clause. He has previous.
Clucas to Burnley? on 17:11 - Jul 18 with 1948 viewsWingstandwood

Clucas to Burnley? on 16:40 - Jul 18 by Al_Bundy

Good to see posters finally coming to terms with players that they have over rated in the past.

Next is to see who falls over the Championship cliff and they become a can do a job in L1 player. We have a few sadly very near that ability.

Aye, this upcoming season could be a seismic reality check for our supporters.....Also I reckon a few of our players might be about to lose their swagger if they get found out to have been nothing other than Premier League gatecrashers and impostors. The Championship will expose all that.

There doesn't seem to a stampede for certain players services, tbh I'd have thought a good few more would have left by now.

Argus!

Clucas to Burnley? on 17:18 - Jul 18 with 1926 viewsomarjack

The deal is looking imminent.

Still I don't think Burnley are that deranged to pay 12 m for him.

They're also trying for a double deal with Mawson. Well that's a f*cking dreadful career step for him if it's true. Plus will the Clarets offer more than 15 m for him? I'm afraid they'd want the duo for around 25 m..a bloody disaster of course. But maybe we're in a rush to sell and the decent sudden influx of cash is irresistible.

Welcome to the shambles era.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Clucas to Burnley? on 17:25 - Jul 18 with 1899 viewsthornabyswan

Clucas to Burnley? on 17:18 - Jul 18 by omarjack

They're also trying for a double deal with Mawson. Well that's a f*cking dreadful career step for him if it's true. Plus will the Clarets offer more than 15 m for him? I'm afraid they'd want the duo for around 25 m..a bloody disaster of course. But maybe we're in a rush to sell and the decent sudden influx of cash is irresistible.

Seemed to go well enough for Cork
European football as well.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Clucas to Burnley? on 17:31 - Jul 18 with 1877 viewsjasper_T

We won't be in a rush to sell Mawson at a discount. He's on a (relatively) low wage, isn't a sulky cnt, and will keep his value until January when he should be fully fit unlike now.
Clucas to Burnley? on 17:35 - Jul 18 with 1858 viewsomarjack

Clucas to Burnley? on 17:31 - Jul 18 by jasper_T

We won't be in a rush to sell Mawson at a discount. He's on a (relatively) low wage, isn't a sulky cnt, and will keep his value until January when he should be fully fit unlike now.

If Mawson doesn't get sold there will be no transfer budget imo. One player can't make a team and I'd rather we shift him than being stuck with Routedge and Dyer are starting wingers for the next season ffs.

Clucas to Burnley? on 17:44 - Jul 18 with 1821 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Clucas to Burnley? on 17:35 - Jul 18 by omarjack

If Mawson doesn't get sold there will be no transfer budget imo. One player can't make a team and I'd rather we shift him than being stuck with Routedge and Dyer are starting wingers for the next season ffs.

How will Routledge and Dyer start in front of any of Montero, Narsingh, Asoro or Dhanda for that matter?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Clucas to Burnley? on 17:55 - Jul 18 with 1772 viewsomarjack

Clucas to Burnley? on 17:44 - Jul 18 by Brynmill_Jack

How will Routledge and Dyer start in front of any of Montero, Narsingh, Asoro or Dhanda for that matter?

Montero? He'll be injured tying his shoelaces.

Dhanda? probably not experienced enough. Same for Asoro.

Narsingh is the only one who'd start over Routledge or Dyer.

Clucas to Burnley? on 17:55 - Jul 18 with 1778 viewslancyclaret

Clucas to Burnley? on 17:18 - Jul 18 by omarjack

Not that it will happen, but why would a move to Burnley - to play under a master defensive tactician like Sean Dyche - be a "dreadful career move" for Mawson?

Under Dyche, Michael Keane gained several England caps before joining Everton while this season Keane's replacement James Tarkowski has forced himself into the England reckoning and was on standby for the World Cup. Ben Mee was also on Southgate's radar in 2017/18.

And Jack Cork has received full England recognition for the first time after signing for Dyche.

To me, this shows that if Mawson were to team up with Dyche it could be a career-ENHANCING move. And Southgate lives a stone's throw from Burnley and is a regular visitor to Turf Moor.

Having said all that, I'm not too fussed whether or not we get Clucas, but Mawson is a young talent and a better long-term bet than our No 1 target Craig Dawson.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 18:00]
Clucas to Burnley? on 17:57 - Jul 18 with 1760 viewsmoonie

not routs and dyer again.
Any offers for these
Clucas to Burnley? on 18:02 - Jul 18 with 1748 viewsomarjack

Clucas to Burnley? on 17:55 - Jul 18 by lancyclaret

Not that it will happen, but why would a move to Burnley - to play under a master defensive tactician like Sean Dyche - be a "dreadful career move" for Mawson?

Under Dyche, Michael Keane gained several England caps before joining Everton while this season Keane's replacement James Tarkowski has forced himself into the England reckoning and was on standby for the World Cup. Ben Mee was also on Southgate's radar in 2017/18.

And Jack Cork has received full England recognition for the first time after signing for Dyche.

To me, this shows that if Mawson were to team up with Dyche it could be a career-ENHANCING move. And Southgate lives a stone's throw from Burnley and is a regular visitor to Turf Moor.

Having said all that, I'm not too fussed whether or not we get Clucas, but Mawson is a young talent and a better long-term bet than our No 1 target Craig Dawson.

Mawson was talked of as another John Stones/Harry Maguire success story.

The move is not dreadful because Burnley are a very poor side or anything (They're heading to Europe next season which is a superb achievement)..But expectations for Mawson were much higher than that..At first he was linked with Tottenham, Arsenal even Man Utd..Then Everton..West Ham..Wolves..and now Burnley.

Bigger clubs aren't interested anymore. And the more time passes the smaller the clubs that are interested are.

Clucas to Burnley? (n/t) on 19:07 - Jul 18 with 1668 viewslancyclaret

Clucas to Burnley? on 18:02 - Jul 18 by omarjack

Mawson was talked of as another John Stones/Harry Maguire success story.

The move is not dreadful because Burnley are a very poor side or anything (They're heading to Europe next season which is a superb achievement)..But expectations for Mawson were much higher than that..At first he was linked with Tottenham, Arsenal even Man Utd..Then Everton..West Ham..Wolves..and now Burnley.

Bigger clubs aren't interested anymore. And the more time passes the smaller the clubs that are interested are.

If Mawson went to Burnley and had a good season, I'm sure one of the Big Six would come calling next summer.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 19:10]
Clucas to Burnley? on 19:14 - Jul 18 with 1638 viewsCaptain_Sham

Clucas to Burnley? on 17:55 - Jul 18 by lancyclaret

Omar has three brain cells and two of those are dead. I wouldn't respond to his nonsense.

Its just a ride.

Clucas to Burnley? on 19:17 - Jul 18 with 1619 viewsWhiterockin

Clucas to Burnley? on 19:14 - Jul 18 by Captain_Sham

Omar has three brain cells and two of those are dead. I wouldn't respond to his nonsense.

And the third is trying to work out where the other two have gone.
Clucas to Burnley? on 00:16 - Jul 19 with 1441 viewsomarjack

Clucas to Burnley? on 19:14 - Jul 18 by Captain_Sham

Count Olaf..um I mean Cap'n Sham. We might disagree when it comes to things that aren't very important in the grand scheme of things like football. But that doesn't mean we should throw childish insults at each other. I can assure you that my brain capacity is around the average. And me, having an opinion that differs from yours does not indicate that I lack mental strength. It's just a difference of opinions.

Keep it civil, Thanks.

Clucas to Burnley? on 05:29 - Jul 19 with 1359 viewsSwan91

If people think these players don't fit our system in the PL... why would they suddenly be able to play in our system in the Championship... ok they would be good players for the championship.. but if we are trying to play a fast passing play with ball retention then we need to get rid of the players that couldn't do it for us last season.

Looking at how we played against newport (i know not champonship team) but we showed signs of playing our old style. lot's of passing with flicks and one twos...

so if selling clucas because he doesn't fit in our system and then buy a younger player for much cheaper who does well in our system..then I wold still go for the younger fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024