Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen 09:30 - Jul 15 with 30288 views34dfgdf54

Latest player to be linked.

Replacement for centre halves who are on way out.

PS - £2m is the new £5m
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 9:32]
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 00:20 - Jul 16 with 3589 viewsDJack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 19:39 - Jul 15 by Badlands

I was thinking - were any Scots players, who are still alive, any good?

McBurnie has taken time and we have found his level with relegation.
Kingsley - odd sale given we had no cover. At best a reasonable back up.

Kingley was an adequate player. Unfortunately Huw thought he could sell him and then moneyball...cretin.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 07:14 - Jul 16 with 3473 viewsKilkennyjack

Darryl Duffy - £200,000.
Total shite.

None of the investment in the young Scots has paid off.
Blocking local talent.

Oli has done feck all in a Swans shirt to date, lets hope this coming season changes all that.

Beware of the Risen People

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 07:44 - Jul 16 with 3413 viewsgandhiaber

Jason Scotland
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 08:05 - Jul 16 with 3373 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 07:44 - Jul 16 by gandhiaber

Jason Scotland

Scott Sinclair.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 10:12 - Jul 16 with 3232 viewsomarjack

This new scouting network is shaping up to be really different from the previous one.

From Falkirk to Aberdeen and Dundee..how exciting.

Well at least we're looking into Premiership players.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 10:17 - Jul 16 with 3225 viewsJackieMoon

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 18:44 - Jul 15 by jasper_T

Impossible to tell in that league.

I'm sure this is the very same attitude people had when Van Dijk was mentioned. Look how that turned out, most expensive defender in history.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 10:36 - Jul 16 with 3188 viewsjasper_T

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 10:17 - Jul 16 by JackieMoon

I'm sure this is the very same attitude people had when Van Dijk was mentioned. Look how that turned out, most expensive defender in history.

Well yeah, exactly. The level of competition in that league makes it impossible to tell just how good a player might be.

Obviously not every defender that looks pretty good up there is going to turn out to be a Van Dijk.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 10:57 - Jul 16 with 3141 viewsJackieMoon

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 10:36 - Jul 16 by jasper_T

Well yeah, exactly. The level of competition in that league makes it impossible to tell just how good a player might be.

Obviously not every defender that looks pretty good up there is going to turn out to be a Van Dijk.

Impossible really? Someone with a football brain can't identify a good player simply because of the league they play in. Or is it just the arrogance (which you are demonstrating perfectly) that meant Southampton got a fantastic player at fraction of the price and made £60m profit.

Not saying McKenna is another Van Dijk, but I still think to immediately disregard anyone from Scotland is just silly.
Login to get fewer ads

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 11:11 - Jul 16 with 3112 viewsjasper_T

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 10:57 - Jul 16 by JackieMoon

Impossible really? Someone with a football brain can't identify a good player simply because of the league they play in. Or is it just the arrogance (which you are demonstrating perfectly) that meant Southampton got a fantastic player at fraction of the price and made £60m profit.

Not saying McKenna is another Van Dijk, but I still think to immediately disregard anyone from Scotland is just silly.

Where have I said to "immediately disregard anyone from Scotland"? That would indeed be a silly thing to say.

It's very hard to judge just how good a player might be when they play in a league where half the teams are League One/Two level. Especially when they play for one of the big sides like Van Dijk did (also Danny Wilson when Liverpool bought him).

The demands are much higher in more competitive leagues where you can't coast through half your footballing calendar, and focus on European games and the occasional derby. It's similar to signing a player after impressing at an international tournament, there are still a lot of unknowns the Scots Prem won't have answered.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 11:36 - Jul 16 with 3048 viewsomarjack

You're all forgetting about a certain Alfie Mawson.

Prior to his move here (he was 22 at the time) he played no higher than League One and League Two football. Was almost directly inserted in arguably the strongest league in the world and he performed well as most of us can see.

The English Championship and the Scottish Premiership are very similar in terms of quality.

Although,I've never even heard of McKenna before and I don't know how good will he ever be. But sometimes scouts get it right.

Another example is VDH..Ajax wanted to rid of him. We snapped him for a couple of millions and now he's developed into mid-table PL quality. Probably a very good championship defender.

It's sometimes way too early to judge.

I admire the fact that we seem to be injecting young blood in the squad. Something we definitely need. But we don't want to end up with an inexperienced squad. I hope we start looking at players with more experience in the 24-27 years old range.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 11:41]

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 11:39 - Jul 16 with 3037 viewstheloneranger

Paul Chalmers

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 11:49 - Jul 16 with 3007 viewsLoyal

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 11:39 - Jul 16 by theloneranger

Paul Chalmers

I raise you a John Hughes.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 09:15 - Jul 17 with 2675 viewsawayjack

Aberdeen just put a £10m value on him so that's us out.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 09:36 - Jul 17 with 2650 viewsomarjack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 09:15 - Jul 17 by awayjack

Aberdeen just put a £10m value on him so that's us out.

That's everyone out.

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 09:38 - Jul 17 with 2648 viewsangryjack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 09:36 - Jul 17 by omarjack

That's everyone out.

2million is our new 5million anything more than that and that's it
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 09:43 - Jul 17 with 2630 viewsomarjack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 09:38 - Jul 17 by angryjack

2million is our new 5million anything more than that and that's it

We shouldn't spend overvalue. That's the smart way to go.

For 10 m we can probably get a way better player from other leagues. What a joke.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 9:43]

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 10:03 - Jul 17 with 2587 viewsomarjack

I just don't get something..And this is valid for ALL clubs all over the world by the way.

A club's chairman or manager breathes about a possible interest in a player..And overnight it's all over the media. I mean how is this possible? I'm sure clubs don't want their affairs to be known so other clubs won't try to poach their targets (which happens all the time because of lack of secrecy)

So who keeps leaking accurate links of players? How do journalists know every single detail before the club itself even make an actual move to sign certain players?

The last time a transfer shocked me completely because it had zero journo talk about it was Fabinho's recent move to Liverpool. That's how transfers should be done.

Not like..Swansea are interested in Clucas..Burnley interested in Clucas! Burnley bid 10 m..Hull rejected it..another club is now interested..Swansea submit official bid..Clucas's agent didn't like the terms..and so on and so on...

And the sh!t drags for months and months with no discretion.

Don't get me wrong..I like the transfer window..it's always time for hope and freshness. But realistically we need discretion..not to turn every move we do into a soap opera.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 10:04]

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 10:13 - Jul 17 with 2567 viewsangryjack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 09:43 - Jul 17 by omarjack

We shouldn't spend overvalue. That's the smart way to go.

For 10 m we can probably get a way better player from other leagues. What a joke.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 9:43]

You honestly don't think we will spend 10 million on any player now.do you?
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 10:16 - Jul 17 with 2560 viewsomarjack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 10:13 - Jul 17 by angryjack

You honestly don't think we will spend 10 million on any player now.do you?

I don't.

But if we do..I sure as hell hope it won't be on some U21 unknown, unproven CB like McKenna.

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 10:27 - Jul 17 with 2533 viewsRuDeMan1970

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 11:49 - Jul 16 by Loyal

I raise you a John Hughes.

You'll never beat Keith Walker

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 11:49 - Jul 17 with 2411 viewsKerouac

We need to secure McKenna, fast.

Offer £6m, rising to £8m after 60 appearances (or something), rising to £10m on our promotion to the Premier League (build in a clause promising 10% of a future sell on fee if we don't get promotion to the Prem)...and get this done.
He is a solid defender who has 10 good years ahead of him.
He is at least Championship quality.

Let's face it, we will have sold by the end of the summer;
Fernandez - £6m+
Bartley - £4m

That's your £10m there and we will have replaced Fernandez for somebody on half the wages, with Rodon/Harries taking Bartley's 4th choice spot for a fraction of the wages.

This would leave us lining up at the back;

--------------------------- Nordfeldt ----------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
----- van der Hoorn -- Mawson -- McKenna -------------
Roberts ----------------- Amat ----------------------- Olsson

...and of course if Mawson goes for big bucks;

--------------------------- Nordfeldt ---------------------------
----- Naughton ----- van der Hoorn -- McKenna --------

....leaving us £20m up, 2 senior players wages up and still enough short term depth to stick Amat or Harries/Rodon in (and see how they go...get an old head in on the cheap if they struggle).

If Amat was to leave Potter will need to come good and select a replacement from his contacts book carefully...Amat could be crucial to our season if he stays.

Stop f*cking around and get McKenna done before somebody else does and we are left in the shite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 11:52 - Jul 17 with 2407 viewsawayjack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 11:49 - Jul 17 by Kerouac

We need to secure McKenna, fast.

Offer £6m, rising to £8m after 60 appearances (or something), rising to £10m on our promotion to the Premier League (build in a clause promising 10% of a future sell on fee if we don't get promotion to the Prem)...and get this done.
He is a solid defender who has 10 good years ahead of him.
He is at least Championship quality.

Let's face it, we will have sold by the end of the summer;
Fernandez - £6m+
Bartley - £4m

That's your £10m there and we will have replaced Fernandez for somebody on half the wages, with Rodon/Harries taking Bartley's 4th choice spot for a fraction of the wages.

This would leave us lining up at the back;

--------------------------- Nordfeldt ----------------------------
----- van der Hoorn -- Mawson -- McKenna -------------

...and of course if Mawson goes for big bucks;

--------------------------- Nordfeldt ---------------------------
----- Naughton ----- van der Hoorn -- McKenna --------

....leaving us £20m up, 2 senior players wages up and still enough short term depth to stick Amat or Harries/Rodon in (and see how they go...get an old head in on the cheap if they struggle).

If Amat was to leave Potter will need to come good and select a replacement from his contacts book carefully...Amat could be crucial to our season if he stays.

Stop f*cking around and get McKenna done before somebody else does and we are left in the shite.

Your logic is correct but problem is Board / Owners will only re-invest a fraction of the money generated from player sales. We'll risk the season on a few PL loans and the bargain basement.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 12:02 - Jul 17 with 2382 viewsjasper_T

God help us if we're going to play with four centrebacks on the pitch in this league. But Potter doesn't strike me as even more defensive than Clement to be honest.

Doesn't make sense to spend big money on this lad. It's the midfield that's lacking the most, and going to get worse imminently.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 12:18 - Jul 17 with 2333 viewsKerouac

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 12:02 - Jul 17 by jasper_T

God help us if we're going to play with four centrebacks on the pitch in this league. But Potter doesn't strike me as even more defensive than Clement to be honest.

Doesn't make sense to spend big money on this lad. It's the midfield that's lacking the most, and going to get worse imminently.

I put Amat in there in order to talk about his importance to us as both Centre-back cover and Defensive Midfield cover (as each senior player leaves, and with no sign of suitable replacements, his value to the squad is increasing) .

As it stands we only have Clucas (who I don't rate as a DM), Fulton and Amat as DM options.
I too am hoping that we sign some midfielders.
I have already specified (on Omar's squad thread) that we need a Defensive Midfielder and a Playmaker.

I had Fer and Clucas down as box to box midfielders but if we sell either of them that will be another position that will need to be re-enforced.

I can guess how you will reply;
"what about...(insert a small list of U23s here)?"

If we have the right mix of midfielders I am happy to go into the season with a couple of youngsters as the back-up.
I wouldn't want to have to rely on them though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 12:47 - Jul 17 with 2269 viewsjasper_T

I'd be happy with Fulton starting the season as first choice holding midfielder. He's always been a solid performer for us, and that's what the position demands. Give him a run until January, I doubt he'll let us down.

Amat's never impressed me in midfield. Not good enough on the ball or on the turn.

Hopefully Potter will have us playing a back four so we won't need half a dozen centrebacks for depth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024