Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen 09:30 - Jul 15 with 30501 views34dfgdf54

Latest player to be linked.

Replacement for centre halves who are on way out.

PS - £2m is the new £5m
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 9:32]
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 13:11 - Jul 17 with 2279 viewsKerouac

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 12:47 - Jul 17 by jasper_T

I'd be happy with Fulton starting the season as first choice holding midfielder. He's always been a solid performer for us, and that's what the position demands. Give him a run until January, I doubt he'll let us down.

Amat's never impressed me in midfield. Not good enough on the ball or on the turn.

Hopefully Potter will have us playing a back four so we won't need half a dozen centrebacks for depth.

I don't want 6.
I want 3 x senior Centre-backs + the most deserving youngster as 4th choice.

If Naughton stays, what with him being an option as the RCB, that will be just fine.

The problem is that we only have 1 senior centre-back who is committed to staying at this point in time.
That is troubling and the reason why we should sign Scott McKenna ASAP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 13:22 - Jul 17 with 2239 viewsjasper_T

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 13:11 - Jul 17 by Kerouac

I don't want 6.
I want 3 x senior Centre-backs + the most deserving youngster as 4th choice.

If Naughton stays, what with him being an option as the RCB, that will be just fine.

The problem is that we only have 1 senior centre-back who is committed to staying at this point in time.
That is troubling and the reason why we should sign Scott McKenna ASAP.

£10m we don't have on an unproven youngster because rumours are troubling. Panic spending at its finest.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 13:52 - Jul 17 with 2180 viewsKerouac

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 13:22 - Jul 17 by jasper_T

£10m we don't have on an unproven youngster because rumours are troubling. Panic spending at its finest.

McKenna could be funded from...

£4m - Bartley
£6m - Fernandez (imminent)

...and we'd still be up on wages (effectively swapping reserve player Bartley for Harries/Rodon from the reserves = huge saving
and Fernandez for McKenna...who will be on less than half Fede's wages = huge saving)

Dhanda/Merlin/Asoro are paid for (with change) by...
£Mega Wages - Ki
£Mega Wages - Rangel
£Mega Wages - Leon

That still leaves us with...

£20m + - Mawson (probable)
£12m - Clucas (imminent)
£7m - Mesa
£7m - Fabianski
£12m - J. Ayew (imminent)
£Mega Wages - A. Ayew (imminent)
£Mega Wages - Baston

That's £14m (+ 3 high earners off the books) already
+
£44m extra about to be sold ( + another 4 of our highest earners off the books).

How on earth does anyone figure that we can't afford to sign anyone over £2m?

If Mawson, Fede & Bartley leave for £30m+
and we end up with...
van der Hoorn, McKenna & Amat as the 3 senior centre-backs I'm proposing for an outlay of £10m.

We will have saved £20m + cut wages by £3m per annum (about 55%) just from the Centre-back department alone!

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 14:04 - Jul 17 with 2144 viewsjasper_T

The problem with your maths is that you're including "probable" deals as guaranteed income. If we get stuck with one or two of those then we're in the red. Fede doesn't want to go to Krasnodar, West Ham aren't pursuing recovering Mawson, nothing's set in stone.

£10m on a lad who played about half of Aberdeen's season (33 senior games total in the Scots Prem) is ludicrous given our current position. There are other, cheaper defenders out there if we're desperate for cover.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 14:12 - Jul 17 with 2111 viewsglanmorjak

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 14:04 - Jul 17 by jasper_T

The problem with your maths is that you're including "probable" deals as guaranteed income. If we get stuck with one or two of those then we're in the red. Fede doesn't want to go to Krasnodar, West Ham aren't pursuing recovering Mawson, nothing's set in stone.

£10m on a lad who played about half of Aberdeen's season (33 senior games total in the Scots Prem) is ludicrous given our current position. There are other, cheaper defenders out there if we're desperate for cover.

No way is the guy going to go for a flat £10m, it will be a down payment of around £4m and future add-ons.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 14:29 - Jul 17 with 2069 viewsKerouac

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 14:04 - Jul 17 by jasper_T

If Fede "doesn't want to go to Krasnodar" and isn't committed to us we should be moving heaven and earth to shift him ASAP.

Plenty of clubs in this country would take him for £6m, never mind the continent.
Swansea City is so f*cking passive.

We could hold on to Mawson until January.
We could also shift Amat in that scenario (and replace with a cheaper option when the Mawson money comes in.

...and as I first posted and as 'glanmorjack' also pointed out...McKenna won't cost £10m up front.

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 14:54 - Jul 17 with 2031 viewsangryjack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 12:47 - Jul 17 by jasper_T

I'd be happy with Fulton starting the season as first choice holding midfielder. He's always been a solid performer for us, and that's what the position demands. Give him a run until January, I doubt he'll let us down.

Amat's never impressed me in midfield. Not good enough on the ball or on the turn.

Hopefully Potter will have us playing a back four so we won't need half a dozen centrebacks for depth.

Fulton is s#it struggledcget in Wigan's first 11 when on loan last year...we need better players than this if we want move forward,,but I know that's what we will end up with## tight kunts
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 15:05 - Jul 17 with 2003 viewsAl_Bundy

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 14:54 - Jul 17 by angryjack

Fulton is s#it struggledcget in Wigan's first 11 when on loan last year...we need better players than this if we want move forward,,but I know that's what we will end up with## tight kunts

This !

Same as Adam King.. all rated them and got found out. Fulton is not good enough for the Championship .
Login to get fewer ads

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 15:06 - Jul 17 with 2003 viewsjasper_T

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 14:54 - Jul 17 by angryjack

Wigan were stomping the league and brought him in as injury cover for their title push. He did fine for them when called upon.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 15:12 - Jul 17 with 1992 viewsangryjack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 15:06 - Jul 17 by jasper_T

Wigan were stomping the league and brought him in as injury cover for their title push. He did fine for them when called upon.

Ye back up in league 1 just about his standard... league 1 back up player
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 22:59 - Jul 17 with 1818 viewsomarjack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 13:52 - Jul 17 by Kerouac

McKenna could be funded from...

£4m - Bartley
£6m - Fernandez (imminent)

...and we'd still be up on wages (effectively swapping reserve player Bartley for Harries/Rodon from the reserves = huge saving
and Fernandez for McKenna...who will be on less than half Fede's wages = huge saving)

Dhanda/Merlin/Asoro are paid for (with change) by...
£Mega Wages - Ki
£Mega Wages - Rangel
£Mega Wages - Leon

That still leaves us with...

£20m + - Mawson (probable)
£12m - Clucas (imminent)
£7m - Mesa
£7m - Fabianski
£12m - J. Ayew (imminent)
£Mega Wages - A. Ayew (imminent)
£Mega Wages - Baston

That's £14m (+ 3 high earners off the books) already
+
£44m extra about to be sold ( + another 4 of our highest earners off the books).

How on earth does anyone figure that we can't afford to sign anyone over £2m?

If Mawson, Fede & Bartley leave for £30m+
and we end up with...
van der Hoorn, McKenna & Amat as the 3 senior centre-backs I'm proposing for an outlay of £10m.

We will have saved £20m + cut wages by £3m per annum (about 55%) just from the Centre-back department alone!

Mawson:20 m
Bartley:4 m
Fernandez:5 m
Amat:3 m

total defence sales:32 m (+ 6 m in wages)

We'll need 2 CBs..I don't see us spending more than 7 m (+2 m in wages) total on both let alone 10 m on some kid from Aberdeen. And for a 4th choice CB..Rodon or Harries will have to step in.

Most of this money will be saved Kerouac..We won't be spending big money.

Meanwhile..Stoke City just bid 13.5 m for Vlad Cheriches from Napoli (offer rejected)..Now that's a club that gives a sh!t about promotion.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 23:02 - Jul 17 with 1806 viewsKerouac

Can anyone explain to me why all of the wage cutting must be done this season please (as opposed to a significant chunk this season and a bit more next season) ?

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 23:06 - Jul 17 with 1792 viewsKerouac

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 22:59 - Jul 17 by omarjack

Mawson:20 m
Bartley:4 m
Fernandez:5 m
Amat:3 m

total defence sales:32 m (+ 6 m in wages)

We'll need 2 CBs..I don't see us spending more than 7 m (+2 m in wages) total on both let alone 10 m on some kid from Aberdeen. And for a 4th choice CB..Rodon or Harries will have to step in.

Most of this money will be saved Kerouac..We won't be spending big money.

Meanwhile..Stoke City just bid 13.5 m for Vlad Cheriches from Napoli (offer rejected)..Now that's a club that gives a sh!t about promotion.

...and he is not just "some kid".
Have you ever seen him play?

He is Mawson's equal already, a direct replacement.

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 23:06 - Jul 17 with 1792 viewsjasper_T

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 23:02 - Jul 17 by Kerouac

Can anyone explain to me why all of the wage cutting must be done this season please (as opposed to a significant chunk this season and a bit more next season) ?

Because our wage bill as a percentage of income was particularly bad even for an established PL team. The first year parachute payment won't cover the deficit on its own.

And we don't have the super rich backer (like Peter Coates at Stoke, Mike Ashley with Newcastle) willing to gamble the best part of a hundred million of their own money on instant promotion. We don't have the next level funding to support significant year on year losses.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 23:13 - Jul 17 with 1769 viewsKerouac

Can somebody who has already done the donkey work on this (I'm thinking Shaky / Lisa) put up the numbers for this coming season on this here thread, please?

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 23:17 - Jul 17 with 1739 viewsmajorraglan

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 23:02 - Jul 17 by Kerouac

JT has hit the nail on the head.
Wage bill has to be reduced significantly, possibly from approx to £90m per year to a figure lower than the parachute payment which may be £45m to £55m, if this isn’t done then the club will be running at a loss, which isn’t a sustainable way of doing business unless you have a rich benefactor. If the club doesn’t go up this season, I suspect the wage bill will have to be trimmed by about £70m to around £15m to £20m this time next year and lower still from there on in, unless the wages are subsidised by money’s generated by player sales.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 23:21 - Jul 17 with 1731 viewshobo

If Mckenna is worth £10m then Mawson must be closer to £40m.

Offer them £4m and be done with it
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 23:23 - Jul 17 with 1726 viewsKerouac

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 23:17 - Jul 17 by majorraglan

JT has hit the nail on the head.
Wage bill has to be reduced significantly, possibly from approx to £90m per year to a figure lower than the parachute payment which may be £45m to £55m, if this isn’t done then the club will be running at a loss, which isn’t a sustainable way of doing business unless you have a rich benefactor. If the club doesn’t go up this season, I suspect the wage bill will have to be trimmed by about £70m to around £15m to £20m this time next year and lower still from there on in, unless the wages are subsidised by money’s generated by player sales.

Your first sentence...
How does it not tally with my post from earlier ?

"If Mawson, Fede & Bartley leave for £30m+
and we end up with...

We will have saved £20m + cut wages by £3m per annum (about 55%) just from the Centre-back department alone! "

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 23:27 - Jul 17 with 1716 viewsomarjack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 23:23 - Jul 17 by Kerouac

Your first sentence...

and we end up with...

We will have saved £20m + cut wages by £3m per annum (about 55%) just from the Centre-back department alone! "

The centre back department is our cash cow.

But who would sell for good money from our attacking department exactly? Jordan Ayew might leave for 10-12 m and that's it. How will we finance deals for attacking players? Surely selling Fabianksi and Mesa contributes but probably this money won't go into signings.

Point is..We can't afford to spend 10 m on a CB. And if we spend 10 m on a player it'll probably be a striker or a playmaker.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 23:41 - Jul 17 with 1689 viewsmajorraglan

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 23:23 - Jul 17 by Kerouac

Your first sentence...

and we end up with...

There are savings,but I don’t think they will be enough and the cuts will be much deeper. Andrew Ayew and Wilf are allegedly on £80k and £100k+ per week. In a worst case scenario where they do not have a relegation clauses, their wages will total approximately £9.5m plus on costs. If the club cannot move them on, then it will have to factor their wages in to the budget and set aside money accordingly.

The club also has to factor in potential losses on players, Mesa has gone for less than he was bought for, Clucas rumoured to be another loss. If Mawson is injured, he may not sell which will impact on cash flow. One thing we need to consider is the impact the leeches that are agents are having in finances, their fees are likely to be substantial and not included in the transfer fee.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 00:03 - Jul 18 with 1650 viewsKerouac

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 23:27 - Jul 17 by omarjack

The centre back department is our cash cow.

But who would sell for good money from our attacking department exactly? Jordan Ayew might leave for 10-12 m and that's it. How will we finance deals for attacking players? Surely selling Fabianksi and Mesa contributes but probably this money won't go into signings.

Point is..We can't afford to spend 10 m on a CB. And if we spend 10 m on a player it'll probably be a striker or a playmaker.

Attack

Bony, Baston, A. Ayew and J. Ayew must be our 3 biggest earners.
Getting rid generates at least £12m (J. Ayew) in transfer fees and saves £14.5m + a year in wages.
Also, remember Tammy was in last season's wages also.

Replaced by; McBurnie (already here, small wage increase), Asoro (£2m and small wages...approx. £1m a year).

I make that a fecking HUGE saving.

So huge that (hopefully) we should be able to sign 1 other...obviously, if Bony stays, that might have to wait until January (when he is fit enough to loan out)...

I reckon if we spent approx. £6m on that striker/forward and paid him around £3m a year...our position will be ;

- £6m up on transfer fees (some of this money will be spent on agents fees and signing on fees though)
- £10m a year up in wages (65%+ saving)

Goalkeeper

Last year we paid Fabianski, Nordfeldt and Mulder approx. £5m a year in wages.

This year we have sold Fabianski for £7m and saved approx.£3.5m a year in wages.

So a 70% saving on the wage bill and £7m in the bank.

Midfield

Last seasons Wages per annum: Leon (£1.2m?), Ki (£2.4m?), Mesa (£1.9m?), Clucas (£2.5m?), Sanches (£4m?), Carroll (£1.2m?), Fer (£1.9m?) + Fulton, Grimes etc.

Sold/released: Mesa (£7m), Clucas (£12m), Leon, Ki, Sanches

Leaving us: Carroll (£1.2m?), Fer (£1.9m?) + Fulton, Grimes etc.

I make that;
- £19m up in transfer fees
- £12m up in wages (currently around 80% saving....not even accounting for the transfer fees)

...am I missing something?

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 00:06 - Jul 18 with 1644 viewsKerouac

Some make it sound like we'd better just give up now and stick Sandfields old boys out or something.
It doesn't add up.

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 00:17 - Jul 18 with 1630 viewsjasper_T

I don't think it's very likely we get rid of Bony and both Ayew's wages. Even if all three leave we'll probably end up having to subsidise some parts of their wages (like we're already doing with Borja).
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 00:35 - Jul 18 with 1617 viewsGriffting

No chance Aberdeen are in the position to hold out for 10 million.

4/5 million tops would do it along with some unrealistic add ons.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 07:11 - Jul 18 with 1512 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 00:35 - Jul 18 by Griffting

No chance Aberdeen are in the position to hold out for 10 million.

4/5 million tops would do it along with some unrealistic add ons.

Is he really that good?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024