Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen 09:30 - Jul 15 with 30296 views34dfgdf54

Latest player to be linked.

Replacement for centre halves who are on way out.

PS - £2m is the new £5m
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 9:32]
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 09:15 - Jul 18 with 3100 viewsomarjack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 00:03 - Jul 18 by Kerouac

Attack

Bony, Baston, A. Ayew and J. Ayew must be our 3 biggest earners.
Getting rid generates at least £12m (J. Ayew) in transfer fees and saves £14.5m + a year in wages.
Also, remember Tammy was in last season's wages also.

Replaced by; McBurnie (already here, small wage increase), Asoro (£2m and small wages...approx. £1m a year).

I make that a fecking HUGE saving.

So huge that (hopefully) we should be able to sign 1 other...obviously, if Bony stays, that might have to wait until January (when he is fit enough to loan out)...

I reckon if we spent approx. £6m on that striker/forward and paid him around £3m a year...our position will be ;

- £6m up on transfer fees (some of this money will be spent on agents fees and signing on fees though)
- £10m a year up in wages (65%+ saving)

Goalkeeper

Last year we paid Fabianski, Nordfeldt and Mulder approx. £5m a year in wages.

This year we have sold Fabianski for £7m and saved approx.£3.5m a year in wages.

So a 70% saving on the wage bill and £7m in the bank.

Midfield

Last seasons Wages per annum: Leon (£1.2m?), Ki (£2.4m?), Mesa (£1.9m?), Clucas (£2.5m?), Sanches (£4m?), Carroll (£1.2m?), Fer (£1.9m?) + Fulton, Grimes etc.

Sold/released: Mesa (£7m), Clucas (£12m), Leon, Ki, Sanches

Leaving us: Carroll (£1.2m?), Fer (£1.9m?) + Fulton, Grimes etc.

I make that;
- £19m up in transfer fees
- £12m up in wages (currently around 80% saving....not even accounting for the transfer fees)

...am I missing something?

I'll make you even a better trainwreck Keruoac..you can count on me :)

outs: (fee + reported annual wage)

-Mawson:20 m (1.3 m)
-J.Ayew:10 m (2.5 m)
-Mesa:5.5 m (2.5 m)
-Fabianski:7 m (2.5 m)
-Bartley:4 m (1.5 m)
-Fernandez:5 m (2 m)
-Amat:3 m (1.5 m) (although his wages were mostly paid last year by Betis)
-A.Ayew:loaned (4 m) (we'll be lucky if wages are covered by full)
-Bony:loaned (5 m) (same as Andre)
-Ki: (1.8 m)
-Britton:(1.6 m)
-Rangel: (1.5 m)
-Baston:loaned (2 m) (most of his wages were covered last year anyway)
-Abraham:(2.5 m)
-R.Sanches:(2.5 m)

So..

Total sales:55 m
Total wage deduction from last season:32-36 m (it's impossible to tell. It's hard to say how much did we contribute (and will contribute) in wages for the loanees)

Incomings: (won't detail much because it's mostly speculation)

-Asoro:2 m (0.8 m)
-striker:7 m (1.3 m)
-playmaker:6 m (1 m)
-CB:3 m (1 m)
-CB:3 m (0.8 m)
-extras..loans..contract extensions:(1 m)

Total signings:22 m
Total wage increase:6 m

Money saved on sales:33 m
Money saved on wages:26 m

If we consider a 40% deduction in the playing squads contracts..we'll save up extra 5-6 m on senior squad wages for remaining players

So..money saved on wages will be a bit over 30 m

NOTE:These figures didn't include Clucas's potential departure and replacement. We'll talk about that once we know more.

pheww..
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 9:32]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 09:33 - Jul 18 with 3031 viewsDevz00

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 07:11 - Jul 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Is he really that good?

He must have something about him, he’s only 21 and already captained Scotland.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 09:43 - Jul 18 with 3002 viewsomarjack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 09:33 - Jul 18 by Devz00

He must have something about him, he’s only 21 and already captained Scotland.

Why won't PL clubs go for him then? 10 m is surely peanuts for them nowadays.

Burnley are willing to spend over 15 m for 28 years old f*cking Craig Dawson. Wouldn't that make more sense?

Cardiff? Bournemouth? all these clubs would be all over him if he's really the new "Mawson" or whatever.

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 09:58 - Jul 18 with 2972 viewsDevz00

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 09:43 - Jul 18 by omarjack

Burnley are willing to spend over 15 m for 28 years old f*cking Craig Dawson. Wouldn't that make more sense?

Cardiff? Bournemouth? all these clubs would be all over him if he's really the new "Mawson" or whatever.

I have no idea. I’ve not seen him play. But if you look at him getting rave reviews at Aberdeen and he’s captained the full international side at the age of 21 then he’s got to be pretty decent. Maybe he’s one to go to the Championship, prove himself and then get a bigger move. Why didn’t anybody else want Mawson? We got him pretty easily.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 11:35 - Jul 18 with 2892 viewsTopDon

Greetings my Welsh friends.
Aberdeen supporter here in peace.
Was browsing your board to see what you made of the McKenna rumour and thought I'd take the plunge and give you an Aberdeen supporters viewpoint on him.
McKenna only broke into the team around September last year and in a short space of time became one of, if not the first name on the teamsheet.
By the end of the season he was an established internationalist and has played in Scotland's last four friendly internationals including captaining the country against Mexico. Whilst he is far from the finished article he is continuing to improve game on game.
The thing is that he signed TWO contract extensions during the course of last season and is contracted to AFC until the summer of 2023. He is certainly one of the hottest prospects in Scottish football at present. Our manager is keen to keep him until he has played circa 100+ first team games. We don't have to sell, but given the new training facility and ground under construction we could probably use the cash. He WILL leave AFC at some point, but we will not let him go cheaply given contract position and the fact he is happy here. I sense the figure of £10m is paper talk, but half that plus add ons would probably ensure you get him. The thing is that IF he continues to improve, bigger clubs than your (no offence meant) will come sniffing around.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 11:37 - Jul 18 with 2880 viewsTopDon

Have a look at this.
Hopefully the link works

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 11:40 - Jul 18 with 2870 viewsParsSwans

Agree with last post as I watch a lot of Scottish football having worked/watched it for years McKenna is a fanatic prospect he would suit us with his style a good passer and confident with ball at feet and scored a wonder goal last season too. Big step up from SPL to championship though as quality up there now is much poorer than I’ve ever seen so not sure how much we should pay for him possible better targets in championship or L1 maybe?
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 11:41 - Jul 18 with 2868 viewsBadlands

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 09:43 - Jul 18 by omarjack

TBF if he's the new Mawson he's not worth anything like £10 million

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 12:01 - Jul 18 with 2820 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 09:15 - Jul 18 by omarjack

I'll make you even a better trainwreck Keruoac..you can count on me :)

outs: (fee + reported annual wage)

-Mawson:20 m (1.3 m)
-J.Ayew:10 m (2.5 m)
-Mesa:5.5 m (2.5 m)
-Fabianski:7 m (2.5 m)
-Bartley:4 m (1.5 m)
-Fernandez:5 m (2 m)
-Amat:3 m (1.5 m) (although his wages were mostly paid last year by Betis)
-A.Ayew:loaned (4 m) (we'll be lucky if wages are covered by full)
-Bony:loaned (5 m) (same as Andre)
-Ki: (1.8 m)
-Britton:(1.6 m)
-Rangel: (1.5 m)
-Baston:loaned (2 m) (most of his wages were covered last year anyway)
-Abraham:(2.5 m)
-R.Sanches:(2.5 m)

So..

Total sales:55 m
Total wage deduction from last season:32-36 m (it's impossible to tell. It's hard to say how much did we contribute (and will contribute) in wages for the loanees)

Incomings: (won't detail much because it's mostly speculation)

-Asoro:2 m (0.8 m)
-striker:7 m (1.3 m)
-playmaker:6 m (1 m)
-CB:3 m (1 m)
-CB:3 m (0.8 m)
-extras..loans..contract extensions:(1 m)

Total signings:22 m
Total wage increase:6 m

Money saved on sales:33 m
Money saved on wages:26 m

If we consider a 40% deduction in the playing squads contracts..we'll save up extra 5-6 m on senior squad wages for remaining players

So..money saved on wages will be a bit over 30 m

NOTE:These figures didn't include Clucas's potential departure and replacement. We'll talk about that once we know more.

pheww..
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 9:32]

I thought Amat wanted to stay?
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 12:40 - Jul 18 with 2767 views34dfgdf54

If he’s available for £5m up front, then it’s a risk worth taking. Scottish international and skippered his country at 21.

There’s some good players in Scottish Prem, Hearts fans raves about Paterson and he went to Cardiff and was one of their best players.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 12:45 - Jul 18 with 2757 viewsgandhiaber

the Krankees
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 12:57 - Jul 18 with 2726 viewsDevz00

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 11:35 - Jul 18 by TopDon

Greetings my Welsh friends.
Aberdeen supporter here in peace.
Was browsing your board to see what you made of the McKenna rumour and thought I'd take the plunge and give you an Aberdeen supporters viewpoint on him.
McKenna only broke into the team around September last year and in a short space of time became one of, if not the first name on the teamsheet.
By the end of the season he was an established internationalist and has played in Scotland's last four friendly internationals including captaining the country against Mexico. Whilst he is far from the finished article he is continuing to improve game on game.
The thing is that he signed TWO contract extensions during the course of last season and is contracted to AFC until the summer of 2023. He is certainly one of the hottest prospects in Scottish football at present. Our manager is keen to keep him until he has played circa 100+ first team games. We don't have to sell, but given the new training facility and ground under construction we could probably use the cash. He WILL leave AFC at some point, but we will not let him go cheaply given contract position and the fact he is happy here. I sense the figure of £10m is paper talk, but half that plus add ons would probably ensure you get him. The thing is that IF he continues to improve, bigger clubs than your (no offence meant) will come sniffing around.

Cheers for this. Great post.

I would say we certainly won't pay 10m but I do think that 5m plus add-ons Is realistic. I would be happy to take a risk at that sort of deal.

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 13:21 - Jul 18 with 2663 viewsSwan91

I will add this though... the fact we are being linked and are looking to sign these types of players again fills me with hope. not the old players who want to join us for money and PL gametime.. but the younger players who show alot of promise and could look to be stars in the future.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 14:11 - Jul 18 with 2581 viewsNeath_Jack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 13:21 - Jul 18 by Swan91

I will add this though... the fact we are being linked and are looking to sign these types of players again fills me with hope. not the old players who want to join us for money and PL gametime.. but the younger players who show alot of promise and could look to be stars in the future.

Fûcking state on the PlayStation managers in this thread 🙈😂

Fag packet accountants.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 14:44 - Jul 18 with 2514 viewsE20Jack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 23:15 - Jul 15 by thornabyswan

Craig Beattie that screamer at the Riverside.

Ipswich.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 15:03 - Jul 18 with 2470 viewsthornabyswan

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 14:44 - Jul 18 by E20Jack

Ipswich.

Boro was the game we were 3.1 down and won 4.3 96th minute winner.
Remember it well.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 15:05 - Jul 18 with 2456 viewscostalotta

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 15:03 - Jul 18 by thornabyswan

Remember it well.

Yes. And he did that stupid knees up ran in celebration. Great day out that. Didn’t lita score a couple against us that day?
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 15:14 - Jul 18 with 2425 viewsthornabyswan

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 15:05 - Jul 18 by costalotta

Yes. And he did that stupid knees up ran in celebration. Great day out that. Didn’t lita score a couple against us that day?

Yes Lita and the Messi of the North East Emnes got 1.
Huw gave him a 10 year contract and the rest is history.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 22:21 - Jul 18 with 2271 viewsE20Jack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 15:03 - Jul 18 by thornabyswan

Remember it well.

The Ipswich game is the only goal I remember from him that could constitute a true “screamer”. Possibly the best goal he scored in his professional career. But fair enough, my memory is awful.

[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 22:39]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 22:39 - Jul 18 with 2195 views34dfgdf54

That Nixon fella just tweeted again.

Still very keen, understand it will be an expensive deal but watching him tomorrow against Burnley. Guessing if he performs well official bid will go in tomorrow night.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 00:33 - Jul 19 with 2119 viewsomarjack

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 22:39 - Jul 18 by 34dfgdf54

That Nixon fella just tweeted again.

Still very keen, understand it will be an expensive deal but watching him tomorrow against Burnley. Guessing if he performs well official bid will go in tomorrow night.

But for 10 m? Can't we get an already established, more experienced CB for this money from some other league?

Buying young players with potential is a good idea of course. But at the right price imo. 10 m is too steep.

Maybe 5 m upfront and extra 5 in add ones in case of instant promotion and 1st year of PL survival.

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 00:43 - Jul 19 with 2102 viewsJango

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 00:33 - Jul 19 by omarjack

But for 10 m? Can't we get an already established, more experienced CB for this money from some other league?

Buying young players with potential is a good idea of course. But at the right price imo. 10 m is too steep.

Maybe 5 m upfront and extra 5 in add ones in case of instant promotion and 1st year of PL survival.

Taking into consideration we are looking for around £25m for Mawson and he’s not really that good, who do you expect us to buy?
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 06:38 - Jul 19 with 1973 views34dfgdf54

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 00:33 - Jul 19 by omarjack

It won’t be £10m up front.

It will be the £5m with add ons imo.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 07:46 - Jul 19 with 1911 viewsThornburyswan

Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 06:38 - Jul 19 by 34dfgdf54

It won’t be £10m up front.

It will be the £5m with add ons imo.

Agree Risca, if this has legs I'd expect a similar package as we agreed with WBA on Bartley - so circa £5/6Mup front plus £2M if we go back-up, further £1M if we stay up & another £1M for season after that.
Scott McKenna - Aberdeen on 08:59 - Jul 19 with 1821 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Aberdeen have signed a centre back on loan from Rotherham. Potential replacement?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024