Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23's Potential 11:38 - Jul 15 with 2652 viewsAl_Bundy

I watched a lot of matches last season and there is clear talent there. The Prem was a bridge to far last season for them but what are posters thoughts on who can make an impact in the Championship this season considering all previous loan moves to L1/L2 side McBurnie aside didn't really have an impact.

U23's Potential on 11:58 - Jul 15 with 2601 viewsjasper_T

Harries, Byers and James should all be given an honest chance to show what they can do in the first half of the season.
U23's Potential on 12:10 - Jul 15 with 2576 viewsKilkennyjack

Championship is a tough league.

We have not produced a meaningful first team player since Ben.
Roberts and Olly look the closest and the right age.
Time will tell.

Rodon is captain of wales u21s and is another we should be hoping gets a run out.

Be easier if the first team are doing well.
If we struggle then less chance for the unproven.

Beware of the Risen People

U23's Potential on 12:17 - Jul 15 with 2553 viewsTheKirkyLife

McBurnie and Roberts have shown what they can do. Should absolutely be in the setup.

Danny James and George Byers should also be knocking on the door. Super impressed with what they've produced.

Maric is an interesting one. I'd place a lot of midfielders ahead of him.

Rodon? I'd like to see him on loan in League 1 before taking a step up.
U23's Potential on 12:50 - Jul 15 with 2477 viewsAl_Bundy

Saw nothing at Yeovil to suggest Harries or Rodon can play in the Championship especially in a back three.

Maric was poor in possession and Byers was slow. Dhanda looked to have something and if James can sort out his final ball into the box with some conviction and plays with his head up he could do well.
U23's Potential on 12:59 - Jul 15 with 2453 viewsjasper_T

U23's Potential on 12:50 - Jul 15 by Al_Bundy

Saw nothing at Yeovil to suggest Harries or Rodon can play in the Championship especially in a back three.

Maric was poor in possession and Byers was slow. Dhanda looked to have something and if James can sort out his final ball into the box with some conviction and plays with his head up he could do well.

First game of preseason, new manager, 5 days of training. I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Maric gives the ball away a lot. He's always trying to open out into a sprint and do it all himself.
U23's Potential on 13:09 - Jul 15 with 2417 viewsjasper_T

Anyone heard anything about yesterdays game with Stoke? Brandon Cooper (very good player) tweeted that he got 90 minutes but apart from that haven't seen anything (result, teamsheets etc.)
U23's Potential on 14:31 - Jul 15 with 2289 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Byers is slow like Gilfi was slow.
His expertise is not "speed" but precision dead balls and crosses as well as wicked shots on goal.
Aaron Lewis is another good player and has just signed on for another year.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 14:31]
U23's Potential on 15:09 - Jul 15 with 2222 viewsGriffting

What about the full back Lewis? Always impressed me when I’ve seen him. People on here will have seen a lot more than me, granted.
Login to get fewer ads

U23's Potential on 15:16 - Jul 15 with 2208 viewssomersetsimon

In the last couple of years, we've been in such as mess that we haven't been able to risk giving any of the youngsters a serious run in the first team. Hopefully, they'll get a chance this year.
U23's Potential on 16:08 - Jul 15 with 2144 viewsjasper_T

U23's Potential on 15:09 - Jul 15 by Griffting

What about the full back Lewis? Always impressed me when I’ve seen him. People on here will have seen a lot more than me, granted.

Two good feet, better on the ball than Roberts, likes to carry it forward and take people on. Not got the same engine, though, and a bit rash defensively.

Lincoln supposedly made an enquiry about getting him on loan.
U23's Potential on 17:04 - Jul 15 with 2075 viewsgiantstoneater

Maric was sloppy in his passing but worked hard to get the ball back but he knows that he is a lot better than that perhaps trying too hard to impress the new man.
U23's Potential on 17:35 - Jul 15 with 2023 viewsAl_Bundy

U23's Potential on 14:31 - Jul 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Byers is slow like Gilfi was slow.
His expertise is not "speed" but precision dead balls and crosses as well as wicked shots on goal.
Aaron Lewis is another good player and has just signed on for another year.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 14:31]

Gylfi had vision and great awareness for a pass. Byers plays like an U23 league player and was caught out many times at Yeovil. Hopefully he'll step up and contribute in the first team.
U23's Potential on 14:28 - Jul 16 with 1778 viewsjasper_T

U23's Potential on 13:09 - Jul 15 by jasper_T

Anyone heard anything about yesterdays game with Stoke? Brandon Cooper (very good player) tweeted that he got 90 minutes but apart from that haven't seen anything (result, teamsheets etc.)

Official site finally got around to putting it up. Much weakened side with (almost) all the best players training with the first team.

Swans U23s: Nathan Shepperd (Scott Reed, ht), Tyler Reid, Joe Lewis (Cameron Evans, 63), Jack Evans, Keston Davies (Mason Jones-Thomas, ht), Brandon Cooper, Oliver Cooper (Jayden Reid, ht), Marco Dulca (Tom Price, ht), Liam Cullen (Courtney Baker-Richardson, ht), Keiran Evans (Kees de Boer, ht), Matthew Blake.

Did Keston Davies get a new contract or is he just training here? No sign of Botti Biabi.
U23's Potential on 14:54 - Jul 16 with 1744 viewsPorthcawlswan

Brandon cooper is one to watch
U23's Potential on 15:37 - Jul 16 with 1678 viewsA_Fans_Dad

U23's Potential on 14:28 - Jul 16 by jasper_T

Official site finally got around to putting it up. Much weakened side with (almost) all the best players training with the first team.

Swans U23s: Nathan Shepperd (Scott Reed, ht), Tyler Reid, Joe Lewis (Cameron Evans, 63), Jack Evans, Keston Davies (Mason Jones-Thomas, ht), Brandon Cooper, Oliver Cooper (Jayden Reid, ht), Marco Dulca (Tom Price, ht), Liam Cullen (Courtney Baker-Richardson, ht), Keiran Evans (Kees de Boer, ht), Matthew Blake.

Did Keston Davies get a new contract or is he just training here? No sign of Botti Biabi.

Yes lost 1:0, not bad for so many missing.
U23's Potential on 20:11 - Jul 17 with 1414 viewsjasper_T

Ben Cabango having a better game so far tonight for TNS.
U23's Potential on 08:00 - Jul 18 with 1290 viewsglanmorjak

U23's Potential on 14:28 - Jul 16 by jasper_T

Keston Davies was given a 2 year contract just prior to the start of last season, then joined Yeovil on loan.
He was awarded the contract by the same guy who offered Gorre and Biabi contracts this summer. Guess who
U23's Potential on 10:33 - Jul 18 with 1180 viewsjasper_T

U23's Potential on 08:00 - Jul 18 by glanmorjak

Keston Davies was given a 2 year contract just prior to the start of last season, then joined Yeovil on loan.
He was awarded the contract by the same guy who offered Gorre and Biabi contracts this summer. Guess who

Thanks, I was convinced it was only one year for some reason. Strange that he didn't feature much for the u23s last season after Rodon had gone.

Probably better for the u18s lads to get chances instead, though. All three looked pretty comfortable stepping up a level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024