Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final 18:02 - Jul 15 with 6446 viewsLeonWasGod

It would have been very easy for a country of a few million to just roll over in bitterness and then blame their failure on larger neighbours. Or to borrow players from their larger neighbours and try to claim them as their own.

But they d Iared to believe, took matters into their own hands rather than play the victim and deserved to reach the final.

*runs away sharpish*
Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 18:07 - Jul 15 with 4022 viewssainthelens

Thank you and good night. Kerching !!
Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 18:17 - Jul 15 with 3987 viewsphact0rri

yes there is no blame or back in forth at all in regards to Croatia and their neighbours. Since the break up of Yugoslavia everyone has been great. And they don't at all go about and borrow footballers from each other with the shared history and family trees in the region... doesn't happen at all. Nope. None.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 18:31 - Jul 15 with 3946 viewsFergal

Croatian president just won the wet t-shirt contest.
Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 18:35 - Jul 15 with 3939 views1983

Fair play she's been on the lash all day by the looks of it

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 19:09 - Jul 15 with 3883 viewslonglostjack

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 18:35 - Jul 15 by 1983

Fair play she's been on the lash all day by the looks of it

Mme Macron may have a few mots avec M. Macron when he gets back to la maison.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 19:10]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 19:33 - Jul 15 with 3835 viewsSgorioFruit

Two words

Robbed
Farce

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 19:34 - Jul 15 with 3835 viewsBadlands

A great World Cup probably helped by the success of smaller nations who took risks.
Only a couple of duff games.
My only gripe - the UK commentators and pundits - utter disgrace.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 19:40 - Jul 15 with 3826 viewslonglostjack

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 19:34 - Jul 15 by Badlands

A great World Cup probably helped by the success of smaller nations who took risks.
Only a couple of duff games.
My only gripe - the UK commentators and pundits - utter disgrace.

Bang on. Disgrace. Thank God for that reason alone that they didn’t win it.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 19:52 - Jul 15 with 3805 viewsPegojack

Congratulations France, well done Croatia. My only gripe, they should have picked a different ref. Two bad decisions gifted France their first two goals and gave Croatia a mountain to climb.
The best ref was that dapper little bloke with slicked back jet black hair, looked a bit like Silvio Berlusconi. Was he Iranian or something?
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 19:54]
Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 19:59 - Jul 15 with 3789 viewsjackrabbit

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 19:40 - Jul 15 by longlostjack

Bang on. Disgrace. Thank God for that reason alone that they didn’t win it.

I agree. Perhaps now all these silly female feature writers in the Sunday supplements will leave football alone for a while. Let it go back to the back pages where it is understood. England were deficient - glaringly obviously so. If England had had a player like Modric, Couthino, Hazard, de Bruyne, etc etc, instead of having a huge hole where the midfield should be, then all this vainglorious whining about "It's coming home" might have had some substance. As a last resort they could have taken Wiltshire and Shelvey - not perfect but at least they have some creativity. As it was, they showed they are nowhere near yet being a World Cup contender.

Congratulations to France! Hugely talented young team that will win many more titles I'm sure. But huge commiserations to Croatia - absolutely brilliant display. You can hold your heads high. Luka Modric is a little gem of a player. Always available to take and make pass, never wastes the ball, tidies up bad ball and links the whole team together, brilliant close control and superb acceleration when required. Anyway Rakitic, Peritic and all the other 'itches'! in the Croatia team showed real class and quality. This is a country of 4m people - just 1m bigger than Wales. Outstanding.
Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 20:03 - Jul 15 with 3781 viewswaveydavey

Anyone got any ideas why VAR wasn't used to pick up Pogba being offside for the first goal?
Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 20:37 - Jul 15 with 3741 viewsbuilthjack

Where's Sterling from? Is that what the OP is on about?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 20:38 - Jul 15 with 3741 viewsPegojack

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 20:03 - Jul 15 by waveydavey

Anyone got any ideas why VAR wasn't used to pick up Pogba being offside for the first goal?

It was an own goal so offside doesn't come into it unless he was interfering with the keepers view, which he wasn't.
Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 20:52 - Jul 15 with 3711 viewsABERSWAN

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 19:52 - Jul 15 by Pegojack

Congratulations France, well done Croatia. My only gripe, they should have picked a different ref. Two bad decisions gifted France their first two goals and gave Croatia a mountain to climb.
The best ref was that dapper little bloke with slicked back jet black hair, looked a bit like Silvio Berlusconi. Was he Iranian or something?
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 19:54]

The ref I think you are on about is cuneyt Cakin from Turkey,and I agree,he should have had the final.
Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 22:05 - Jul 15 with 3630 viewssP7qupUf

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 20:38 - Jul 15 by Pegojack

It was an own goal so offside doesn't come into it unless he was interfering with the keepers view, which he wasn't.

wasn't a free kick in the first place,
Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 22:06 - Jul 15 with 3624 viewsKilkennyjack

Twitter says ... you know about ‘claiming players as your own’, even countries of circa 60 million do it.

‘Kane's father was born in Ireland. Dier grew up in Portugal. Sterling was born in Jamaica. Lingard's grandparents came from Saint Vincent. Alli's father is from Nigeria’....
They represent England. UKIP don't.’

Suck it up .....😂

If they are eligible, then the countries will pick them.
Nothing wrong with that, they are fecking eligible after all.

Beware of the Risen People

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 22:10 - Jul 15 with 3606 viewsDippy

People are talking as if Croatia weren't a threat..

Two World Class Midfielders
A decent forward
A decent winger
4 solid defenders

Shocked? No.

Poll: Cooper Out

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 22:11 - Jul 15 with 3602 viewsLandore_Jack

The penalty decision was a farce.

#backtojack

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 22:12 - Jul 15 with 3601 viewsPegojack

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 22:05 - Jul 15 by sP7qupUf

I agree, as I said earlier in the thread.
Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 22:16 - Jul 15 with 3585 viewsDippy

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 22:11 - Jul 15 by Landore_Jack

The penalty decision was a farce.

It was a tough one to make in that particular moment.

That VAR system forces the referee to make 50/50 decisions in the heat of the moment.

It should be like the rugby, a TMO to make the decision.. but it's football ain't it.. it won't bow down to rugby, but this is what the world is.. a childish playground.

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 22:24 - Jul 15 with 3572 viewsPegojack

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 20:52 - Jul 15 by ABERSWAN

The ref I think you are on about is cuneyt Cakin from Turkey,and I agree,he should have had the final.

Thanks Aber, yes that's the guy.

He should have got the final, specially as England fans were raving against him fo so called bias after their defeat to Croatia.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 22:25]
Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 22:26 - Jul 15 with 3563 viewsploppy

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 22:16 - Jul 15 by Dippy

It was a tough one to make in that particular moment.

That VAR system forces the referee to make 50/50 decisions in the heat of the moment.

It should be like the rugby, a TMO to make the decision.. but it's football ain't it.. it won't bow down to rugby, but this is what the world is.. a childish playground.

How about this? For potential handball penalty offences, VAR/ref has to watch the footage at normal speed. That would give them a better idea of the reaction time of the offender and whether it was intentional.

I'll call FIFA in the morning.
Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 22:34 - Jul 15 with 3540 viewsDippy

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 22:26 - Jul 15 by ploppy

How about this? For potential handball penalty offences, VAR/ref has to watch the footage at normal speed. That would give them a better idea of the reaction time of the offender and whether it was intentional.

I'll call FIFA in the morning.

A human can only control so many facets in one moment.. especially a referee during a game.. he'll make mistakes due to his mindset in that particular moment.. there's too much going on his head to make the correct call.. it's much easier for a TMO in a room, to make decisions. Ask the refs, it's much easier to reflect on video footage in a secluded room..

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 22:38 - Jul 15 with 3532 viewswaveydavey

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 22:05 - Jul 15 by sP7qupUf

Pogba attempts to head the ball. The fact that he doesn't reach it and an own goal ensues is irrelevant. He is in an offside position when the kick is taken. How can VAR not have picked that up?
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 23:02]
Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 22:58 - Jul 15 with 3503 viewsploppy

Congratulations France, and well done Croatia for reaching the final on 22:34 - Jul 15 by Dippy

A human can only control so many facets in one moment.. especially a referee during a game.. he'll make mistakes due to his mindset in that particular moment.. there's too much going on his head to make the correct call.. it's much easier for a TMO in a room, to make decisions. Ask the refs, it's much easier to reflect on video footage in a secluded room..

I'm amazed that the VAR people in their secluded room thought that it was a penalty, even in slow mo - which they must have done to alert the ref. They should also watch the footage at full speed (for handballs only).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024