Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is America CH4 tonight 17:23 - Jul 16 with 2039 viewsEbo

Just seen a snippet, not sure If I want to laugh or sigh. Obviously funny and a great Chris Morris-esque pisstake of the NRA and those with right wing leanings, but the people he talks to are scary, like the NRA fella who saw no problem with toddlers having guns. What a f*cked up shi t hole of a country.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Who is America CH4 tonight on 17:32 - Jul 16 with 2019 viewsHighjack

I never would have thought America was full of gun toting nutjobs.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Who is America CH4 tonight on 17:56 - Jul 16 with 1976 viewsHeadmaster

Who is America CH4 tonight on 18:17 - Jul 16 with 1943 viewsMrSwerve

Looks to be some hilarious entertainment but obviously very sad at the same time. Some of the people on there are incredibly thick.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Who is America CH4 tonight on 18:23 - Jul 16 with 1928 viewsShaky

Who is America CH4 tonight on 18:17 - Jul 16 by MrSwerve

Looks to be some hilarious entertainment but obviously very sad at the same time. Some of the people on there are incredibly thick.

Nothing to do with being thick.

These people are paid by the NRA. Literally.

When they think the NRA or some other powerful interest in the gun lobby is calling them to action they jump. Literally.

Despite the overwhelming populatity of sensible restrictions on gun ownership, that the NRA resists becasue they are really working for arms manufacturers that fund them, as opposed to their ordinary members.

It is disgusting.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Who is America CH4 tonight on 18:56 - Jul 16 with 1892 viewsBrynCartwright

This is the reason why I would never consider living in the US. Bringing up children must be an absolute nightmare. Well done Sacha for helping to expose these completely deluded individuals. 4 year olds with guns ffs!!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Who is America CH4 tonight on 19:00 - Jul 16 with 1882 viewslondonlisa2001

Who is America CH4 tonight on 18:17 - Jul 16 by MrSwerve

Some of the people he exposes in this series are Republican senators and congressmen. Imagine voting for these morons.

You’d think they’d realise after him doing this about half a dozen times before what might be going on. He’s so good at doing it though.

Welsh as well of course (well half). People don’t realise it was his Dad that owned Calders in Cardiff. Gerald Baron Cohen.
Who is America CH4 tonight on 08:14 - Jul 17 with 1712 viewswestwalesed

I must be in the minority because I find it all a bit cringeworthy to be honest. I don't really see where the skill lies in dressing up as a character, identifying people who he knows will play to his prejudices (or, add fuel to the fire of the narrative) and getting them to say what they would have said to any normal journalist?

Louis Theroux is far more admirable in my opinion. He explores these American sub-cultures as he is - like the time that he went, as a man with Jewish heritage (don't know if he is practicing) , to explore the white-nationalist sub-culture in America. The ones who glorify Nazism. Now that's bravery.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Who is America CH4 tonight on 10:58 - Jul 17 with 1643 viewsJackSomething

Who is America CH4 tonight on 08:14 - Jul 17 by westwalesed

I must be in the minority because I find it all a bit cringeworthy to be honest. I don't really see where the skill lies in dressing up as a character, identifying people who he knows will play to his prejudices (or, add fuel to the fire of the narrative) and getting them to say what they would have said to any normal journalist?

Louis Theroux is far more admirable in my opinion. He explores these American sub-cultures as he is - like the time that he went, as a man with Jewish heritage (don't know if he is practicing) , to explore the white-nationalist sub-culture in America. The ones who glorify Nazism. Now that's bravery.

To be fair. he also has Bernie Sanders on the show and a liberal gallery owner, so he's at least making an attempt at targeting everyone on the political spectrum. It's still unbalanced though and your point about playing to his prejudices is a valid one.

A Trump delegate and her husband apparently come through it relatively unscathed, as did Bernie and a Republican representative. But some of the gun advocates apparently say some crazy stuff, including Larry Pratt enthusiastically endorsing preschoolers having guns and laughing at the idea there's no such thing as rape within a marriage.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Who is America CH4 tonight on 11:03 - Jul 17 with 1639 viewsEbo

Who is America CH4 tonight on 08:14 - Jul 17 by westwalesed

Theroux is a wimp. He tries hard to get the information he wants but ultimately fails.

Cohen though has balls and uses comedy to do this which in itself is a difficult skill. Chris Morris set the bar for this in the 90's.

The skill being that they don't get rumbled. Could you see Louis Theroux doing this? I think not.

Who is America CH4 tonight on 11:22 - Jul 17 with 1609 viewsmoonie

Yet,plenty want to escape into USA, plenty enjoy the country to live in and countless millions holiday there .fooked up it ain't. Trump ,single handedly ,is turning the world against his country, that he professes to love.

Good programme on Russia last night with Guy Martin .. Fine ,but don't mention politics . Free ,it ain't .

Out of the two,most would live in St Petersburg ,Fla than that in Russia
Who is America CH4 tonight on 12:16 - Jul 17 with 1568 viewsJackSomething

Who is America CH4 tonight on 11:22 - Jul 17 by moonie

Yet,plenty want to escape into USA, plenty enjoy the country to live in and countless millions holiday there .fooked up it ain't. Trump ,single handedly ,is turning the world against his country, that he professes to love.

Good programme on Russia last night with Guy Martin .. Fine ,but don't mention politics . Free ,it ain't .

It's funny Perch. I've been to the US many, many times and hope to do so again in the future For a long time, the wife and I planned to go to New York (which I love) for our honeymoon this year. Given a few factors, of which poor exchange rate and the political climate were probably at the top, we decided to go to Vancouver and the Rockies instead. Haven't regretted it for one minute.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Who is America CH4 tonight on 13:44 - Jul 17 with 1530 viewsEbo

Who is America CH4 tonight on 11:22 - Jul 17 by moonie

Perch, I have a lot of American friends and they are feeling deeply ashamed of their country right now. They say it is not the country they grew up in anymore, it's become a dangerous place, especially f you oppose the regime.

As for Russia, I think Nick (Moscow Jack) could enlighten us.

Who is America CH4 tonight on 13:52 - Jul 17 with 1521 viewsmoonie

Ebo.
I have extended family living in Virginia City and West Palm Beach.

They detest Trump but still love the country . Trump is not, as he thinks, America . He said got plenty of support in the old rust belt from disaffected steel workers and in Michigan among car workers . If you throw in the miners in West Virginia ,you can see why. It's protectionism and people feel isolated and worried about the future. Trump appealed to them. He still does.

Sadly, he said turning the world against the States and it could well rebound on them

Nick s done very well for himself
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024