Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player's leaving..... 17:36 - Jul 16 with 4544 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

Not many left now,; can the last the last man out please turn the lights out 😅
Player's leaving..... on 15:35 - Jul 17 with 915 viewsyescomeon

Player's leaving..... on 12:45 - Jul 17 by Kerouac

I make it that we have 18 senior players left on the books (in terms of usefulness to the Championship season, really the figure is 17 as Mulder will not play and will be on negligible wages).

Supplemented by;
- McBurnie
- Asoro
- Dhanda
- Grimes
- Fulton
- Govea Merlin
- Roberts
- Harries
- Rodon
- James
- Benda
- Byers

Of the 18 senior players on our books 12 have been linked with moves away.

Those who haven't been linked with moves are;
- Nordfeldt (will play his first full season in our 1st team)
- van der Hoorn (thank f*ck he is staying, our best defender last season)
- Olsson
- Carroll
- Dyer (I like him but he just might be finished at this level)
- Routledge (same as Dyer)

We need to get a move on with the evolution of this squad.

Why have you taken McBurnie, Grimes, Fulton and Roberts out of the senior players list? They are either senior players or players that at least played some role last season. On top of that Asoro and Dhanda may have been brought in as first team players. We don't know yet. Your point still stands but it's not as bad as you make out.

Upthecity!

Player's leaving..... on 16:01 - Jul 17 with 875 viewsKerouac

Player's leaving..... on 15:35 - Jul 17 by yescomeon

Why have you taken McBurnie, Grimes, Fulton and Roberts out of the senior players list? They are either senior players or players that at least played some role last season. On top of that Asoro and Dhanda may have been brought in as first team players. We don't know yet. Your point still stands but it's not as bad as you make out.

For me, we have had loads of "youngsters" that have been kept around until the age of 23/24 over the years and achieved nothing in a Swans shirt.

I won't consider them "senior pros" until they have proven their worth to the squad (although I agree that Connor Roberts, Jay Fulton, Yann Dhanda, Oliver McBurnie and Joel Asoro will be used heavily in match day squads throughout the season...and I have faith that a few of them will come good.)
I think it unwise to rely on this gamble paying off.

Better to have 16-18 senior pros who are proven and committed, supplemented by youngsters who you use on occasion when;
- rotating
- replacing injured players in the match day squad
- or simply giving them a run in the team a couple of times over the season if they are pushing the seniors hard.
- also some of the youngsters with pace make perfect subs at the right time.

....but if we lose a few more senior players and don't replace adequately we will then be relying on the youngsters to deliver, and that's a bad place to be IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Player's leaving..... on 16:12 - Jul 17 with 859 viewsSwan91

Player's leaving..... on 16:01 - Jul 17 by Kerouac

For me, we have had loads of "youngsters" that have been kept around until the age of 23/24 over the years and achieved nothing in a Swans shirt.

I won't consider them "senior pros" until they have proven their worth to the squad (although I agree that Connor Roberts, Jay Fulton, Yann Dhanda, Oliver McBurnie and Joel Asoro will be used heavily in match day squads throughout the season...and I have faith that a few of them will come good.)
I think it unwise to rely on this gamble paying off.

Better to have 16-18 senior pros who are proven and committed, supplemented by youngsters who you use on occasion when;
- rotating
- replacing injured players in the match day squad
- or simply giving them a run in the team a couple of times over the season if they are pushing the seniors hard.
- also some of the youngsters with pace make perfect subs at the right time.

....but if we lose a few more senior players and don't replace adequately we will then be relying on the youngsters to deliver, and that's a bad place to be IMO.

I think Connor Roberts showed he is a decent full back for us in the PL... so the championship he could be even better. I never felt worried when he was a full back.

Fulton whenever he has come on for the Swans in cup games and as sub appearances again looked like a good squad player even though he didn't have much game time. So I think he can make the step up.

Dhanda will be interesting to see... did well in the first game (I know it was against Yeovil) but scoring would be a good idea that he wants to push through into the first team.

Mcburnie I think proved last season that he can do a job in the Championship.. so not just some youngster who is brought in to this level for the first time.

Asoror again has experience in this league.. was said he was played in the wrong position but aatleast he has experience... hopefully can step up to an even better time with us.
Player's leaving..... on 23:02 - Jul 17 with 760 viewsomarjack

Fulton can't even cut it in League One let alone a Championship side looking for promotion.

Dhanda looks truly promising. I think he'll be able to cut it in the senior squad and put aside Routledge and Montero (his injuries will take care of that).

Asoro? Not very optimistic.

Grimes? Had a good League One season in an atrocious side. Imo he might be able to step in every once and a while.

Rodon? Harries? Never seen them play so I can't really say. Same for Jordi obviously.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Player's leaving..... on 23:10 - Jul 17 with 750 viewsjasper_T

"Fulton can't even cut it in League One" you don't half come out with some sh1t
Player's leaving..... on 23:17 - Jul 17 with 735 viewsTNT

Player's leaving..... on 10:17 - Jul 17 by omarjack

I slate Naughton all the time.

But being a starter for a PL club for 5 years in a row is something.

Not strengthening in this position, really did contribute to our demise and eventual relegation imho.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Player's leaving..... on 09:30 - Jul 18 with 651 viewsbostondanvers

Well I see the club has decided against trying to go straight back up like Burnley did. I assume the board have a 4 year plan which ends with us playing non league football, and with them taking all the money out of the club, so sad
Player's leaving..... on 11:18 - Jul 18 with 599 viewsWhiterockin

Player's leaving..... on 09:30 - Jul 18 by bostondanvers

Well I see the club has decided against trying to go straight back up like Burnley did. I assume the board have a 4 year plan which ends with us playing non league football, and with them taking all the money out of the club, so sad

If that scenario was to happen the trust would have 21% of everything taken out and be able to own the club 100%. Would I take a couple of relegation's for that to happen, preferably not, but its not the doom and gloom some think.
Login to get fewer ads

Player's leaving..... on 11:34 - Jul 18 with 578 viewsBadlands

Player's leaving..... on 09:30 - Jul 18 by bostondanvers

If that happens there will be no money in the club.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024