Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player's leaving..... 17:36 - Jul 16 with 4683 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

Not many left now,; can the last the last man out please turn the lights out 😅
Player's leaving..... on 17:38 - Jul 16 with 3736 viewsthornabyswan

How many have gone now

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Player's leaving..... on 17:47 - Jul 16 with 3676 viewsjasper_T

Still loads left. Half the departures didn't even play much last season.
Player's leaving..... on 18:05 - Jul 16 with 3592 viewsmajorraglan

Player's leaving..... on 17:47 - Jul 16 by jasper_T

Spot on. I think that a number of the higher profile players will exit over the next 2weeks as the club increases its attempt to offload the high earners and reduce the wage bill. One or 2 new players will come in, but they will be comparatively low cost and low wage signings.
Player's leaving..... on 18:15 - Jul 16 with 3532 viewsthornabyswan

Player's leaving..... on 17:47 - Jul 16 by jasper_T

As long as we are not going to stick half the under 23s in the side we will be ok.
Tried that in the eighties didn't touch the sides on the way down.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Player's leaving..... on 18:23 - Jul 16 with 3483 viewsshandyjack

apart from Fabianksi i'm not sorry to see the back of any of them, now please get rid of Ayew's sharpish. more out the merrier for me, let Potter bring in who he wants and players who want to be here.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Player's leaving..... on 18:24 - Jul 16 with 3478 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Player's leaving..... on 18:15 - Jul 16 by thornabyswan

As long as we are not going to stick half the under 23s in the side we will be ok.
Tried that in the eighties didn't touch the sides on the way down.

Yes the older players did really well against mighty Yeovil.
Player's leaving..... on 18:27 - Jul 16 with 3468 viewsthornabyswan

Player's leaving..... on 18:24 - Jul 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes the older players did really well against mighty Yeovil.

Blending 1 or 2 in is ok.
The Championship is a tough league and will need some experienced heads as well.

Player's leaving..... on 18:50 - Jul 16 with 3377 viewsawayjack

Player's leaving..... on 17:38 - Jul 16 by thornabyswan

How many have gone now

Mostly still rumours but form what's been said..
Gone Early: Leon, Rangel, Tammy, Sanches, Ki, Gorre
Sold/Loaned: Fabs, Bartley, Mesa, Baston
Rumoured Sales: Clucas, Fernandes, Mawson, Andre, Jordan, Bony, Naughton

Don't believe all rumours but with our Board wouldn't be suprised to see 15 or so of those 17 gone.
Many of this lot were poor last year but that's huge amount of work to rebuild. Let's hope Potter is better at recruitment than Jenkins and co.
Login to get fewer ads

Player's leaving..... on 19:06 - Jul 16 with 3302 viewsDaggyjack

Player's leaving..... on 18:23 - Jul 16 by shandyjack

apart from Fabianksi i'm not sorry to see the back of any of them, now please get rid of Ayew's sharpish. more out the merrier for me, let Potter bring in who he wants and players who want to be here.

Spot on.
As much as I hope we sign a good 5 or 6 players over the next 4 weeks, which I think we will, do we want to see any of the losers stay with us next season?
Fabianski apart, they are all culpable to a pathetic season last season.
Goodbye and good riddance to the Ayews, Ki, Mawson, Bartley and Clucas. Please take Naughton and Routledge with you.
I'd like to keep FF and Amat, as with VDH, Olsson and Roberts, it would have the good make up of a defence.
Player's leaving..... on 20:06 - Jul 16 with 3105 viewsandrew

Baffles me why people are saying ‘good riddance’ to our top scorer and best outfield player. There is a reason why JA played for us and McBurnie didn’t but never mind, you lot know best.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Player's leaving..... on 20:46 - Jul 16 with 2982 viewsomarjack

Player's leaving..... on 18:50 - Jul 16 by awayjack

Don't believe all rumours but with our Board wouldn't be suprised to see 15 or so of those 17 gone.
Many of this lot were poor last year but that's huge amount of work to rebuild. Let's hope Potter is better at recruitment than Jenkins and co.

Naughton is not leaving. Who the f*ck would take him? Surely he wouldn't push for a move for a lower level. And PL clubs wouldn't even consider him as a 3rd choice RB..maybe Cardiff only being sh!t and all with championship mentality.

Mawson,Fernandez,Amat,Jordan 'n' Andre, Bony are as good as gone.

Clucas? I still don't believe the Burnley interest (they were interested last year but after this season there is little chance). 12 m? Surely not.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Player's leaving..... on 21:43 - Jul 16 with 2829 viewsDaggyjack

Player's leaving..... on 20:06 - Jul 16 by andrew

Baffles me why people are saying ‘good riddance’ to our top scorer and best outfield player. There is a reason why JA played for us and McBurnie didn’t but never mind, you lot know best.

We sure do.
Player's leaving..... on 21:48 - Jul 16 with 2813 viewsthornabyswan

Player's leaving..... on 21:43 - Jul 16 by Daggyjack

We sure do.

If Jordan Ayew or Mawson stated they wanted to stay and help us get promoted they would be the best thing since sliced bread
Fans lash out always been the way.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 21:55]

Player's leaving..... on 02:27 - Jul 17 with 2602 viewsLoyal

Player's leaving..... on 21:48 - Jul 16 by thornabyswan

If Jordan Ayew or Mawson stated they wanted to stay and help us get promoted they would be the best thing since sliced bread

It's least they should have committed to.
As for sliced bread, overrated.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Player's leaving..... on 08:11 - Jul 17 with 2402 viewsDaggyjack

Player's leaving..... on 21:48 - Jul 16 by thornabyswan

The first sign of relelation, neither had any intention of staying so your argument is pointless.
If they had said they'd like to stay to help the club back, it would at least show some care for the club that pays them millions of £s to try to rectify the situation that they and a few poor managers caused.
However, 99% of footballers don't care about the club they play for and would also leave.
Fans would like to think that the players care but apart from the obvious few, they don't.
Player's leaving..... on 09:00 - Jul 17 with 2338 viewsSgorioFruit

Player's leaving..... on 20:46 - Jul 16 by omarjack

Naughton is not leaving. Who the f*ck would take him? Surely he wouldn't push for a move for a lower level. And PL clubs wouldn't even consider him as a 3rd choice RB..maybe Cardiff only being sh!t and all with championship mentality.

Mawson,Fernandez,Amat,Jordan 'n' Andre, Bony are as good as gone.

Clucas? I still don't believe the Burnley interest (they were interested last year but after this season there is little chance). 12 m? Surely not.

Spot on regarding Naughton

Can we please pay someone to take him off our hands? I seriously can not bear to watch another game with him in a swans shirt.
I have the displeasure of having Naughton as the closest player on the pitch to where I am sitting for the first 45 minutes. I have never seen someone so scared of the ball in all my life. 9 times out of ten when the opposition was bearing down on us on Naughtons wing you could almost guaranteed the ball would still be crossed into our box.
Premier league or championship, I cannot watch that again.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Player's leaving..... on 09:08 - Jul 17 with 2310 viewsawayjack

Player's leaving..... on 09:00 - Jul 17 by SgorioFruit

Spot on regarding Naughton

Can we please pay someone to take him off our hands? I seriously can not bear to watch another game with him in a swans shirt.
I have the displeasure of having Naughton as the closest player on the pitch to where I am sitting for the first 45 minutes. I have never seen someone so scared of the ball in all my life. 9 times out of ten when the opposition was bearing down on us on Naughtons wing you could almost guaranteed the ball would still be crossed into our box.
Premier league or championship, I cannot watch that again.

You'd be suprised how many clubs don't do enough due diligence on player transfers. Look at the rubbish our clowns in charge bought over last few seasons. He's got 6 years PL experience and there's some manager who'll believe they can improve him.
Player's leaving..... on 10:13 - Jul 17 with 2254 viewsLeonWasGod

Player's leaving..... on 09:08 - Jul 17 by awayjack

You'd be suprised how many clubs don't do enough due diligence on player transfers. Look at the rubbish our clowns in charge bought over last few seasons. He's got 6 years PL experience and there's some manager who'll believe they can improve him.

And at time's he's not as bad as people make out. He was one of our stronger performers through the first half of last season. I know that's relative to complete sh*te, but still.
Player's leaving..... on 10:17 - Jul 17 with 2243 viewsomarjack

I slate Naughton all the time.

But being a starter for a PL club for 5 years in a row is something.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Player's leaving..... on 10:32 - Jul 17 with 2212 viewsyescomeon

Still 23 first team players, that still too big.

Upthecity!

Player's leaving..... on 11:38 - Jul 17 with 2106 viewsBadlands

Player's leaving..... on 18:50 - Jul 16 by awayjack

Many comments from previous seasons that replacements were needed for Leon & Rangel (IMO the best performer we had before his injury) No surprise.
Tammy & Sanches - loans so no surprise.
Mesa & Baston (probably Amat) all on loans all happy away from Swansea and keeping them would have been a risk (Baston might have come good at this level) again. - no surprise.
Ki has been running down his contract and rarely showed up (for 2 season) - no surprise
Gorre, overlooked and not up to scratch - no surprise.
Fabianski was going to be nigh on impossible to keep - no surprise
Bartley ha made it known he wanted to leave and couldn't perform for us last season (might have been good at this level and might have been an asset) but - no surprise.
Rumoured
Clucas - just get rid, he was the worst of a very poor team last year,
Fernandes - wants higher level football and even a return to international team.
Mawson - very replaceable (I've never been convinced) but will bring in a profit.
Andre - will want higher level football
Jordan - release the wages.
Bony - will probably stay until January as he is unlikely to attract taker given his medical situation.
Naughton - not could go either way.
Apart from Fabianski, Fernandez & Andre (if you're a fan - Mawson) all of the players mentioned have been shell shocked and it will do us and them good to move on. IMO.

I expect Narsingh, Olson, Carroll, Montero and Routledge to leave the playing squad. Sold, sold, loaned, retired.

If we can't ensure quality let's at least have commitment.
Given Potter's words and the players we've been linked with I'm expecting no more than consolidation next season after a slowish start.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 11:39]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Player's leaving..... on 12:18 - Jul 17 with 2045 viewsyescomeon

Player's leaving..... on 11:38 - Jul 17 by Badlands

Many comments from previous seasons that replacements were needed for Leon & Rangel (IMO the best performer we had before his injury) No surprise.
Tammy & Sanches - loans so no surprise.
Mesa & Baston (probably Amat) all on loans all happy away from Swansea and keeping them would have been a risk (Baston might have come good at this level) again. - no surprise.
Ki has been running down his contract and rarely showed up (for 2 season) - no surprise
Gorre, overlooked and not up to scratch - no surprise.
Fabianski was going to be nigh on impossible to keep - no surprise
Bartley ha made it known he wanted to leave and couldn't perform for us last season (might have been good at this level and might have been an asset) but - no surprise.
Rumoured
Clucas - just get rid, he was the worst of a very poor team last year,
Fernandes - wants higher level football and even a return to international team.
Mawson - very replaceable (I've never been convinced) but will bring in a profit.
Andre - will want higher level football
Jordan - release the wages.
Bony - will probably stay until January as he is unlikely to attract taker given his medical situation.
Naughton - not could go either way.
Apart from Fabianski, Fernandez & Andre (if you're a fan - Mawson) all of the players mentioned have been shell shocked and it will do us and them good to move on. IMO.

I expect Narsingh, Olson, Carroll, Montero and Routledge to leave the playing squad. Sold, sold, loaned, retired.

If we can't ensure quality let's at least have commitment.
Given Potter's words and the players we've been linked with I'm expecting no more than consolidation next season after a slowish start.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 11:39]

Don't see any of that last batch going this summer, much as I wouldn't mind seeing the back of any of them. We don't have to revamp the whole squad in one summer. We need to shift what we need to shift to balance the books, which has the added benefit of offloading a load of players I'll be glad to see the back of. If we replace those outgoings with young hungry players either brought in from other clubs or promoted from within, and repeat that process in January and next season then I think we will be in good shape to get back to the prem before the parachute payments run out, and with a better side than we left the prem with.

Upthecity!

Player's leaving..... on 12:45 - Jul 17 with 1991 viewsKerouac

I make it that we have 18 senior players left on the books (in terms of usefulness to the Championship season, really the figure is 17 as Mulder will not play and will be on negligible wages).

Supplemented by;
- McBurnie
- Asoro
- Dhanda
- Grimes
- Fulton
- Govea Merlin
- Roberts
- Harries
- Rodon
- James
- Benda
- Byers

Of the 18 senior players on our books 12 have been linked with moves away.

Those who haven't been linked with moves are;
- Nordfeldt (will play his first full season in our 1st team)
- van der Hoorn (thank f*ck he is staying, our best defender last season)
- Olsson
- Carroll
- Dyer (I like him but he just might be finished at this level)
- Routledge (same as Dyer)

We need to get a move on with the evolution of this squad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Player's leaving..... on 13:21 - Jul 17 with 1913 viewsscruffyjack

Player's leaving..... on 10:17 - Jul 17 by omarjack

I slate Naughton all the time.

But being a starter for a PL club for 5 years in a row is something.

That fact alone beggars belief, he very rarely stops a cross, his tackling is suspect, can’t cross the ball and has one premier league goal in five seasons!
Player's leaving..... on 13:27 - Jul 17 with 1887 viewsSgorioFruit

Player's leaving..... on 20:06 - Jul 16 by andrew

Well most of us know a lot more than the dross that was served up last season.
Get rid of the lot apart from 1 or 2. A complete shower of pansies with no commitment or backbone.
And on last seasons showing I would have preferred McBurnie to start every game.

What a shambles we were.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024