Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Montero's Back 14:25 - Jul 17 with 12131 viewsTheKirkyLife

Apparently he's fit as well. Not trying to be funny but Montero for half a season would rip the Championship to shreds, worth keeping?
Montero's Back on 18:05 - Jul 17 with 2247 viewsthornabyswan

Montero's Back on 17:37 - Jul 17 by jack247

Aside from a few games in his first season when he was genuinely sensational, he has consistently caused the full back behind him more problems than the one he’s running at.

He’d be a hell of a player if he had a football brain, but he just doesn’t.

Still, I like him as an impact sub and if Potter wants him back it at least points to a more exciting brand of football.

66 appearances for us in 3 seasons.
Used sparingly could cause havoc in the Championship.
Similar to Bony though can he stay fit.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Montero's Back on 18:13 - Jul 17 with 2221 viewsjack247

Montero's Back on 18:05 - Jul 17 by thornabyswan

66 appearances for us in 3 seasons.
Used sparingly could cause havoc in the Championship.
Similar to Bony though can he stay fit.

Difference is Bony would be a hell of a player if he was fit. Montero would be a hell of a player if he was fit and bright enough.

If he’s going to play, he needs a more defensive fullback than Olsson behind him.
Montero's Back on 18:15 - Jul 17 with 2214 viewsBadlands

One knock and he'll be out for months.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Montero's Back on 18:19 - Jul 17 with 2191 viewsthornabyswan

Montero's Back on 18:13 - Jul 17 by jack247

Difference is Bony would be a hell of a player if he was fit. Montero would be a hell of a player if he was fit and bright enough.

If he’s going to play, he needs a more defensive fullback than Olsson behind him.

The defenders are not so bright in the Championship.
Plenty of cloggers though not sure he will last long.
If he does stay fit I have a feeling Potter may help him improve.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 18:22]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Montero's Back on 18:20 - Jul 17 with 2188 viewsBillyChong

If fit and on his game he’ll offer more than Narsingh has so far
Montero's Back on 18:29 - Jul 17 with 2155 viewsjack247

Montero's Back on 18:19 - Jul 17 by thornabyswan

The defenders are not so bright in the Championship.
Plenty of cloggers though not sure he will last long.
If he does stay fit I have a feeling Potter may help him improve.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 18:22]

One on one he is an absolute nightmare to defend against, but defenders just double up on him so the second intercepts when he inevitably knocks the ball past the first and outpaces him.

Even if he had the presence of mind (and in fairness the players around him) to switch the ball quickly and put two defenders out of position, he would be an asset. He doesn’t though, just runs at his man, if he beats him, runs at the next or until he gets into a crossing position and dinks one over.

If he could vary his game and protect his fullback when required, he would be an asset in any league. Yes, hopefully Potter will bring the best out of him, Guidolin looked like he was starting to get somewhere.
Montero's Back on 18:37 - Jul 17 with 2139 viewsPozuelosSideys

He couldnt stay fit for the big stadiums, perfect pitches and Premier League luxury. The first kick he gets in the Championship and he will be injured again.

Can you imagine him being up for a cold Tuesday night at Rotherham? Nah,nor me.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Montero's Back on 18:49 - Jul 17 with 2096 viewsthornabyswan

Montero's Back on 18:37 - Jul 17 by PozuelosSideys

He couldnt stay fit for the big stadiums, perfect pitches and Premier League luxury. The first kick he gets in the Championship and he will be injured again.

Can you imagine him being up for a cold Tuesday night at Rotherham? Nah,nor me.

Good job we play them on a Saturday afternoon then

Login to get fewer ads

Montero's Back on 18:55 - Jul 17 with 2078 viewsOldjack

Apparently our new Gov is very good at getting the best out of players ,i'd love to see Montero at his very best in the championship

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Montero's Back on 18:59 - Jul 17 with 2069 viewsJackfath

Montero's Back on 18:55 - Jul 17 by Oldjack

Apparently our new Gov is very good at getting the best out of players ,i'd love to see Montero at his very best in the championship

You used to be the most prolific poster on here my friend. Can't you come back to your previous form and save us from all the tedium on here these days?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Montero's Back on 19:03 - Jul 17 with 2061 viewsBarryTownSwam

Some have said on this board that Montero only plays well with the sunshine on his back. In that case he should be awesome in pre-season and impress Potter enough to play him in the the first few August matches. After that, it all depends on how the weather holds (and if we have an indian summer) before diving to his usual substandard.
Montero's Back on 19:04 - Jul 17 with 2061 viewsSwanjaxs

Montero's Back on 18:59 - Jul 17 by Jackfath

You used to be the most prolific poster on here my friend. Can't you come back to your previous form and save us from all the tedium on here these days?

Same thing could be said of you my friend, you seem very bitter of late

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Montero's Back on 19:13 - Jul 17 with 2025 viewsthornabyswan

Montero's Back on 19:04 - Jul 17 by Swanjaxs

Same thing could be said of you my friend, you seem very bitter of late

Yes be nice if he posted something interesting instead of sarcastic digs all the time.

Montero's Back on 19:15 - Jul 17 with 2022 viewsOldjack

Montero's Back on 18:59 - Jul 17 by Jackfath

Most have still got the prem blues ,a few nice early wins in the championship and normal service will resume ,take care my friend

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Montero's Back on 19:42 - Jul 17 with 1959 viewsItchySphincter

Montero's Back on 14:42 - Jul 17 by Al_Bundy

Montero's end product is appalling .. a whippet he maybe when not at the vet so hopefully he has improved during his loan spell

Not true. Montero needs the ball played to him so that he can run at defenders, when that happens he is devastating and pretty much the only player that can actually cross the ball on the run. Playing in front of Neil Taylor hurt him badly.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Montero's Back on 19:52 - Jul 17 with 1932 viewsyescomeon

I'm not sure if it's just something I read on here, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Montero's "injuries" are more mental than physical, which would make a lot of sense. Perhaps with a mate of his joining us and a talented man manager running things we might see the best out of him, which would indeed be a scary prospect for Championship defences. He has a LONG way to go to make up for his performace against Oxford a few seasons ago in my mind.

Upthecity!

Montero's Back on 19:56 - Jul 17 with 1927 viewsAl_Bundy

Montero's Back on 19:42 - Jul 17 by ItchySphincter

Not true. Montero needs the ball played to him so that he can run at defenders, when that happens he is devastating and pretty much the only player that can actually cross the ball on the run. Playing in front of Neil Taylor hurt him badly.

Taylor claimed playing behind Montero ruined him

You can count Montero devastating performances on a four fingered hand ..
Montero's Back on 20:08 - Jul 17 with 1894 viewsItchySphincter

Montero's Back on 19:56 - Jul 17 by Al_Bundy

I remember witnessing the whole debacle against Stoke on weeknight a couple of years ago where Montero was constantly on the touchline facing towards his own goal, looking for a pass in to feet from Taylor so that he could turn and go, but all that ever came was the shout from Taylor that he wanted to knock it over the top for Jeff to chase after. Obviously Jeff didn't go and stood there looking stupid and forlorn when Taylor punted another pearler up to the Stoke centre half. Heartbreaking.

Montero's Back on 20:18 - Jul 17 with 1877 viewsjack247

Montero's Back on 19:56 - Jul 17 by Al_Bundy

Ruined him is a bit strong. Taylor was never brilliant in the first place.

Playing behind Jeff certainly didn’t help him though, he was often exposed two on one and unfairly blamed for it.
Montero's Back on 20:29 - Jul 17 with 1853 viewsItchySphincter

Montero's Back on 20:18 - Jul 17 by jack247

Ruined him is a bit strong. Taylor was never brilliant in the first place.

Playing behind Jeff certainly didn’t help him though, he was often exposed two on one and unfairly blamed for it.

He should've looked up and given the ball to Jeff, he wouldn't have two on him then.

Montero's Back on 20:45 - Jul 17 with 1810 viewsDippy

"Montero should be performing like Cristiano Ronaldo & Messi"

"He just doesn't perform like Ronaldo or Messi on a consistent basis"

Sometimes I just look up to the sky, and yell, people are insane.

Poll: Cooper Out

Montero's Back on 20:47 - Jul 17 with 1804 viewsjack247

Montero's Back on 20:29 - Jul 17 by ItchySphincter

He should've looked up and given the ball to Jeff, he wouldn't have two on him then.

He had two on him most times Jeff lost possession. Not to say a better full back wouldn’t have dealt with it better than he did.

The scenario you are describing happened a few times. The full back was getting tight on Jeff and Taylor wanted to chip it over him, as he knew Jeff could out pace pretty much anyone from a standing start. As long as there is no one covering the space behind, I don’t see a lot wrong with that.
Montero's Back on 20:51 - Jul 17 with 1784 viewsjasper_T

It's weird watching clips of Jeff playing for other teams. He plays one-twos, runs in behind etc. but all he ever did for us was wait for the ball and then run to the byline.

He's failed so comprehensibly at a good list of clubs now so it's silly to suggest there's a real gem in there crying out for proper coaching, but still...
Montero's Back on 20:53 - Jul 17 with 1777 viewsDippy

I've said this before..

A Wingers job is to go forward.

What happens when you go forward?

What happens when you go back?

What colour kit are we this season?

F*ck, C*nt (Kicks a bucket, yells at bucket, c*nt, c*nt)

Breathe in and out.. in and out

Inhale, Exhale

Right then, can we get to rationality now.

Poll: Cooper Out

Montero's Back on 20:57 - Jul 17 with 1769 viewsjack247

Montero's Back on 20:51 - Jul 17 by jasper_T

It's weird watching clips of Jeff playing for other teams. He plays one-twos, runs in behind etc. but all he ever did for us was wait for the ball and then run to the byline.

He's failed so comprehensibly at a good list of clubs now so it's silly to suggest there's a real gem in there crying out for proper coaching, but still...

If he’s doing that for other teams, there’s at least hope. With the pace he’s got as well as the ability to change direction so quickly and his acceleration from a standing start, he’s got natural talent.

As you say though, he was pretty predictable with us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024