Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gwion Edwards 21:04 - Jul 17 with 5890 viewshobo

Joined Ipswich for £800k
Gwion Edwards on 21:13 - Jul 17 with 4735 viewsKilkennyjack

We released him and ruined the ones we kept.

Total fecking shambles.

We are just guessing. Clueless.

Beware of the Risen People

Gwion Edwards on 21:14 - Jul 17 with 4713 viewsDippy

Did we have a potential buy back clause?.. we probably didn't.

Good work ethic, took the jump, got lots of games under his belt etc.. 800k could be a bargain..

But we'll have to rely on a 19 year old with 30+ games under his belt at 2 million & 15k wage packet by all accounts.

I hope it goes well, because it'll be a 5 million pound flop.

McBurnie
Asoro
Jordi

In the next two years these three will cost us 10 million+

The world has clearly gone mad.

Poll: Cooper Out

Gwion Edwards on 21:18 - Jul 17 with 4706 viewsjasper_T

And some on here will tell you that kids who can't crack the first team by 19 aren't worth anything. Get rid, innit.
Gwion Edwards on 21:29 - Jul 17 with 4631 viewsDippy

Gwion Edwards on 21:18 - Jul 17 by jasper_T

And some on here will tell you that kids who can't crack the first team by 19 aren't worth anything. Get rid, innit.

Sometimes risks pay off..

But from what I've seen from two, it's certainly not 10 million+ risks.

Poll: Cooper Out

Gwion Edwards on 21:29 - Jul 17 with 4647 viewsKerouac

Gwion Edwards on 21:13 - Jul 17 by Kilkennyjack

Total fecking shambles.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw this.
Shambles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Gwion Edwards on 21:32 - Jul 17 with 4623 viewsKerouac

Gwion Edwards on 21:18 - Jul 17 by jasper_T

He was obviously talented at the time though.
I couldn't understand why we were letting him go, he did great with the Welsh U21s.
It would be like us letting Dan James go now without giving him a fair crack first.

Maybe the problem is that the coaches at the club can't spot the talent under their noses and push forward the wrong boys.
Maybe it is they who are proving to be 'not up to it.'
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 22:59]

Gwion Edwards on 21:43 - Jul 17 with 4576 viewshobo

Gwion Edwards on 21:13 - Jul 17 by Kilkennyjack

Total fecking shambles.

We got something like £750k for him from Crawley. Looked an excellent prospect at the time though
Gwion Edwards on 22:00 - Jul 17 with 4482 viewsCaptain_Sham

Gwion Edwards on 21:43 - Jul 17 by hobo

We got something like £750k for him from Crawley. Looked an excellent prospect at the time though

So hes gone down in value. Wiki says Ipswich payed £700k. Looks like we got rid at the right time. I will wait till he collects his player of the season before I start gnashing my teeth.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 22:02]

Its just a ride.

Login to get fewer ads

Gwion Edwards on 22:07 - Jul 17 with 4436 viewsjewsonjack

Gwion Edwards on 21:43 - Jul 17 by hobo

never in a million years Crawley pay that for a player
Gwion Edwards on 22:07 - Jul 17 with 4436 viewsLeonWasGod

Gwion Edwards on 22:00 - Jul 17 by Captain_Sham

So hes gone down in value. Wiki says Ipswich payed £700k. Looks like we got rid at the right time. I will wait till he collects his player of the season before I start gnashing my teeth.

He must be a bout 26 now too. Hardly the 'one that got away' (unless he scores the winner that relegates us )
Gwion Edwards on 22:08 - Jul 17 with 4429 viewshobo

Gwion Edwards on 22:00 - Jul 17 by Captain_Sham

He was in his final year of his contract at Peterborough
Gwion Edwards on 22:14 - Jul 17 with 4402 viewsKerouac

Jazz Richards, Shaun MacDonald and Gwion Edwards are all local boys that other Championship clubs want at least.

We gave them all away and they would all be valuable squad members this season...yet we're going to be crossing our fingers and hoping Jay Fulton and Matt Grimes work out.

Jazz would have done better than Kyle Naughton these last few years I reckon.

Gwion Edwards on 22:24 - Jul 17 with 4350 viewsCooperman

Gwion Edwards on 22:14 - Jul 17 by Kerouac

Jazz Richards, Shaun MacDonald and Gwion Edwards are all local boys that other Championship clubs want at least.

We gave them all away and they would all be valuable squad members this season...yet we're going to be crossing our fingers and hoping Jay Fulton and Matt Grimes work out.

LOL at your last line.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Gwion Edwards on 22:36 - Jul 17 with 4304 viewsKerouac

Gwion Edwards on 22:24 - Jul 17 by Cooperman

LOL at your last line.

What's funny about that?

Naughton got bloody murdered week in, week out (I am hoping he'll cope better in the Championship mind) over a couple of seasons and was part of a God awful team that was all but relegated by Christmas (Carvalhal nearly performed a miracle mind).

Jazz dropped down a level, we paid millions for Naughton.

Where is Jazz playing now?

How is Naughton objectively better?
There's not much in it but at least Jazz can pass the fecking thing.

Gwion Edwards on 22:46 - Jul 17 with 4272 viewsCooperman

Gwion Edwards on 22:36 - Jul 17 by Kerouac

What's funny about that?

Naughton got bloody murdered week in, week out (I am hoping he'll cope better in the Championship mind) over a couple of seasons and was part of a God awful team that was all but relegated by Christmas (Carvalhal nearly performed a miracle mind).

Jazz dropped down a level, we paid millions for Naughton.

Where is Jazz playing now?

How is Naughton objectively better?
There's not much in it but at least Jazz can pass the fecking thing.

Apologies, I got my Jazz Richards’ mixed up; I’m on about the one that played about five Championship games last year.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Gwion Edwards on 22:56 - Jul 17 with 4239 viewsKerouac

Gwion Edwards on 22:46 - Jul 17 by Cooperman

Apologies, I got my Jazz Richards’ mixed up; I’m on about the one that played about five Championship games last year.

So somebody got ahead of him in the pecking order.
If Roberts gets picked over Naughton this year Naughton will be in the same place.

The player that kept Jazz out must be good though, as they are now in the Premier League and built their team around a solid defence.

In my eyes, Jazz is of an equal standard to Naughton, except that Jazz is more useful in more positions and can actually pass the fecking thing...it has been bred into him here when we used to believe in playing football and 'footballers' (as opposed to athletes).

I will give you that Naughton could be a useful option at RCB this season, in this system.
I'm hoping that he will do well, but I cannot make the case that he is a better player than Jazz...especially as he cost £5m and Jazz cost £0

Gwion Edwards on 23:06 - Jul 17 with 4199 viewsmajorraglan

Gwion Edwards on 22:07 - Jul 17 by jewsonjack

never in a million years Crawley pay that for a player

I agree.

Couldn’t see Crawley paying anywhere near £750k for a young player who never played for the first team in a league match. I seem to recall Brendon Rogers trying to get him on as a sub in the last match of the season but not being able to do so.

Anyway, good luck to the kid, I am really pleased for him. After leaving Swansea he has knuckled down and worked his way up the leagues, Crawley, Peterborough and now Ipswich.

Some posters have a go at the Academy set up, while it’s not perfect it is turning out footballers who can make a living in the game, albeit not at the highest level - yet. Producing players who can play in the PL is difficult, and I suspect the reason why a lot of clubs resort to buying in their players from all over the world is the low success rate. Some of the big clubs hoover talent up from all over the place and still can’t turn out the players they need.

The lower the club falls, the more successful the academy will become.
Gwion Edwards on 05:09 - Jul 18 with 4023 viewsCaptain_Sham

Gwion Edwards on 22:14 - Jul 17 by Kerouac

What a fking dweeb.

Its just a ride.

Gwion Edwards on 11:14 - Jul 18 with 3783 viewstheloneranger

Gwion Edwards on 22:46 - Jul 17 by Cooperman

Jazz missed 33 matches due to an ankle injury, and subsequent ankle surgery last season.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Gwion Edwards on 12:52 - Jul 18 with 3685 viewsKerouac

Gwion Edwards on 05:09 - Jul 18 by Captain_Sham

What a fking dweeb.

...and you can knob off as well.

Are you, the Res, E20/Dimi and Mart6 all part of some dysfunctional inbred valleys family?
If so can you go put the Wally's dummy back in?
... and change his fecking nappy for feck's sake, he is stinking the place out.

Gwion Edwards on 12:55 - Jul 18 with 3674 viewsE20Jack

And yet if he stayed he would be accused of “stealing a living” and Jenkins would be accused of taking the cheap option by offering contracts to people not good enough for the first team.

The funny thing? That is absolutely 100% how it would go.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Gwion Edwards on 13:58 - Jul 18 with 3580 viewshobo

Gwion Edwards on 23:06 - Jul 17 by majorraglan

I agree.

Couldn’t see Crawley paying anywhere near £750k for a young player who never played for the first team in a league match. I seem to recall Brendon Rogers trying to get him on as a sub in the last match of the season but not being able to do so.

Anyway, good luck to the kid, I am really pleased for him. After leaving Swansea he has knuckled down and worked his way up the leagues, Crawley, Peterborough and now Ipswich.

Some posters have a go at the Academy set up, while it’s not perfect it is turning out footballers who can make a living in the game, albeit not at the highest level - yet. Producing players who can play in the PL is difficult, and I suspect the reason why a lot of clubs resort to buying in their players from all over the world is the low success rate. Some of the big clubs hoover talent up from all over the place and still can’t turn out the players they need.

The lower the club falls, the more successful the academy will become.

He'd been on loan to them, so they had a chance of seeing what he can do at first hand
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 14:01]
Gwion Edwards on 14:17 - Jul 18 with 3537 viewsJango

What a ludicrous thread. Surely the fact he’s only now getting a move to a lower half championship side proves he’s never been good enough to play for us over the last 7/8 years.
Gwion Edwards on 14:19 - Jul 18 with 3527 viewsE20Jack

Gwion Edwards on 14:17 - Jul 18 by Jango

What a ludicrous thread. Surely the fact he’s only now getting a move to a lower half championship side proves he’s never been good enough to play for us over the last 7/8 years.

Enough of your sense Jango, there are people trying to create an angle here, man.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Gwion Edwards on 17:53 - Jul 18 with 3385 viewsshandyjack

Gwion Edwards on 14:17 - Jul 18 by Jango

stop this sensible nonsense.

Poll: Expectation for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024