Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations to Sir Cliff 12:20 - Jul 18 with 18402 viewsHighjack

Popular singer and all round Ladies man Sir Cliff Richard has won his privacy case against the BBC for their intrusion during a police raid regarding historical sex allegations that definitely weren’t true.The judge has awarded him £210,000 of licence payers money but more could be added to the Kitty later.

Full story here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44871799

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:45 - Jul 18 with 1836 viewsswan65split

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:42 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

Agreed. I’m pleased he won his case.

Same here, he should praise the shrine on the second floor,

The press/media need curbing in some things.
Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:46 - Jul 18 with 1837 viewsE20Jack

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:43 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

Your last sentence was exactly my original point.

You were the only one who brought his sexuality into it though stating he was gay.

This is a seriously strange thread.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:46 - Jul 18 with 1835 viewsmoonie

People ,men, want to ridicule this man over his sexuality.

Why why the Welsh ,in particular, seem obsessed is sad. No doubt it's back to the old Chapel hypocrisy and narrow minded cant we were subjected to.

The Police involvement in this is shocking . I spent some time in the Press Office and this open prejudicial coverage was always going to be key
Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:46 - Jul 18 with 1834 viewsswan65split

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:14 - Jul 18 by E20Jack

Whatever?

Lisa, come on. You are the one stating someone is gay that categorically states otherwise and used the fact he lives in Barbados with his manager as proof (which doesn’t appear true anyway). I was just asking if that is what makes you claim he is gay.

Yes I think I met him on a school thing when I was about 6. At least I am pretty sure it was him.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 13:15]

Feck me a first!
Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:49 - Jul 18 with 1828 viewslondonlisa2001

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:46 - Jul 18 by E20Jack

You were the only one who brought his sexuality into it though stating he was gay.

This is a seriously strange thread.

No. I didn’t. The OP did with his sarccy reference to him being a ladies man.
Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:49 - Jul 18 with 1828 viewsE20Jack

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:46 - Jul 18 by swan65split

Feck me a first!

What’s a first?

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:53 - Jul 18 with 1821 viewsmoonie

In which case ,you ve ben wrongly criticised .

My concern is the Victorian thinking still prevalent in Wales.

It's clearly never gone away . Seems the working class areas in this country are the most prejudiced ?

It might be down to education or upbringing

I absolutely hate trial by telly and am not that comfortable over historic allegations involving sexual activity. An allegation is all that is needed to kill a man s career and family and in some cases women .
Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:53 - Jul 18 with 1816 viewsE20Jack

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:49 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

I would suggest the sarcasm came with his reference to “Kitty”.

You took the ladies man bit as sarcasm because you obviously mistakenly thought he was gay. Which is fine, incorrect, but fine.

I always thought of him as a popular singer with the females. Not so much now obviously, but certainly when he was younger.

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 14:19 - Jul 18 with 1791 viewsHighjack

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:49 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

If it really bothers you I am more than happy to edit it to change “ladies man” to “latent homosexual” even if it isn’t true.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 14:20 - Jul 18 with 1787 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:43 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

Your last sentence was exactly my original point.

Then why did you bring it up?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 14:25 - Jul 18 with 1773 viewsHighjack

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:53 - Jul 18 by E20Jack

I would suggest the sarcasm came with his reference to “Kitty”.

You took the ladies man bit as sarcasm because you obviously mistakenly thought he was gay. Which is fine, incorrect, but fine.

I always thought of him as a popular singer with the females. Not so much now obviously, but certainly when he was younger.

Ladies man is an accurate description of a man who has been romantically linked to several actresses, dancers and supermodels.

He may have calmed down in recent years but so do most of us as we get older.

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 14:28 - Jul 18 with 1767 viewsSoberBaker

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 14:25 - Jul 18 by Highjack

Ladies man is an accurate description of a man who has been romantically linked to several actresses, dancers and supermodels.

Well he's certainly not 'a man's man' as he enjoys going to watch tennis.

AMOW

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 14:34 - Jul 18 with 1754 viewsE20Jack

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 14:25 - Jul 18 by Highjack

You are preaching to the converted here HJ, I didn’t see anything wrong with it, just a bit naughty with the topical Kitty reference. If you were describing Tom Jones as a ladies man then nobody would have bat an eyelid.

People finding sexism, racism, transphobia, homosexuality (delete as appropriate) in situations where there isn’t any, is becoming increasingly tiresome as it’s popularity is growing though I must admit.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 14:35]

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 14:52 - Jul 18 with 1720 viewsHighjack

Anyway in an attempt to wrench the thread back on topic after that bizarre intervention, Sir Cliff has already accepted a payoff of £400,000 from the police. Add today’s judgement of £210,000 to the total. There may be more payoffs for loss of earnings too because he’s been too distressed to perform or release music and you could be talking over a million. Surely heads must roll at the police force and bbc for a shocking loss of public money? That’s if they haven’t already?

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 15:10 - Jul 18 with 1688 viewsLohengrin

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 14:52 - Jul 18 by Highjack

Anyway in an attempt to wrench the thread back on topic after that bizarre intervention, Sir Cliff has already accepted a payoff of £400,000 from the police. Add today’s judgement of £210,000 to the total. There may be more payoffs for loss of earnings too because he’s been too distressed to perform or release music and you could be talking over a million. Surely heads must roll at the police force and bbc for a shocking loss of public money? That’s if they haven’t already?

Consider this too, If Tommy Robinson could be gaoled for contempt of court - possibly influencing the course of justice - by live-streaming, then what the Hell were the BBC playing at with their battery of ground and helicopter-borne film crews? What were the senior Police officers playing at in tipping them off or the editors at BBC news for running with the story as a main headline?

You can’t have one law for some...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 15:31 - Jul 18 with 1664 viewsBadlands

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 15:10 - Jul 18 by Lohengrin

Consider this too, If Tommy Robinson could be gaoled for contempt of court - possibly influencing the course of justice - by live-streaming, then what the Hell were the BBC playing at with their battery of ground and helicopter-borne film crews? What were the senior Police officers playing at in tipping them off or the editors at BBC news for running with the story as a main headline?

They weren't in contempt of court.
Until you make an effort to understand British Law you really shouldn't embarrass yourself.

Is Cliff gay?
Who cares, millions enjoy his music and his religious messages.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 15:33 - Jul 18 with 1663 viewsLohengrin

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 15:31 - Jul 18 by Badlands

They weren't in contempt of court.
Until you make an effort to understand British Law you really shouldn't embarrass yourself.

Is Cliff gay?
Who cares, millions enjoy his music and his religious messages.

If you think that coverage didn’t fatally compromise any chance of a fair trial then you weren’t paying attention.

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 15:47 - Jul 18 with 1635 viewsHumpty

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 15:10 - Jul 18 by Lohengrin

Your comparing apples and fridge freezers.

I don't think the BBC had been explicitly told to not report on Sir Cliff or face imprisonment.

Unlike bold Sir Tommy, the backbone of this country.
Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 15:47 - Jul 18 with 1634 viewslifelong

I ‘ve still got the vinyl LP ‘Me and my Shadows’ released in 1960, do you think recent events would have increased it’s value substantially??
Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 15:50 - Jul 18 with 1626 viewsLohengrin

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 15:47 - Jul 18 by Humpty

Your comparing apples and fridge freezers.

I don't think the BBC had been explicitly told to not report on Sir Cliff or face imprisonment.

Unlike bold Sir Tommy, the backbone of this country.

Huzzah!

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 15:53 - Jul 18 with 1617 viewsHighjack

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 15:47 - Jul 18 by lifelong

I ‘ve still got the vinyl LP ‘Me and my Shadows’ released in 1960, do you think recent events would have increased it’s value substantially??

Yes it could be worth upwards of forty pence now.

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 15:53 - Jul 18 with 1616 viewsLohengrin

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 15:47 - Jul 18 by lifelong

The value of vinyl has gone up with all the hip young things buying into it.

Not too sure if said hipster taste runs to Theme for a Dream, mind?

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 15:55 - Jul 18 with 1610 viewslifelong

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 15:53 - Jul 18 by Highjack

Yes it could be worth upwards of forty pence now.

That’s incorrect, there’s one on eBay for £1.80.
Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 16:19 - Jul 18 with 1577 viewsswan65split

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:49 - Jul 18 by E20Jack

What’s a first?

What? your Columbo powers deserting you? watch out for the skid marks.
Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 16:53 - Jul 18 with 1548 viewsHighjack

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:36 - Jul 18 by moonie

Some need him to be homosexual.

It's 2018 . Just how backward are people.

It was an invasion of privacy on significant scale and I'm glad he was vindicated . Some charity will be the beneficiary.

The issue wasn't his sexuality

Sometimes it must be difficult for him not to feel as if he really is a cliff when fascists try to push him over it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024