Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations to Sir Cliff 12:20 - Jul 18 with 18355 viewsHighjack

Popular singer and all round Ladies man Sir Cliff Richard has won his privacy case against the BBC for their intrusion during a police raid regarding historical sex allegations that definitely weren’t true.The judge has awarded him £210,000 of licence payers money but more could be added to the Kitty later.

Full story here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44871799

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 16:58 - Jul 18 with 2167 viewsLohengrin

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 16:53 - Jul 18 by Highjack

Sometimes it must be difficult for him not to feel as if he really is a cliff when fascists try to push him over it.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Congratulations to Sir Cliff (n/t) on 17:12 - Jul 18 with 2148 viewsFlashberryjack

Congratulations to Sir Cliff (n/t) on 13:18 - Jul 18 by Highjack

Sir Cliff has constantly spoke out about the rumours of his homosexuality and constantly denied being gay. He has also had a string of very public relationships with a lot of very beautiful women.

From a very early age his father told him not to marry, and like any good son he took his fathers advice.

That's why he's a bachelor boy, and that's the way he'll stay.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 17:36 - Jul 18 with 2113 viewslondonlisa2001

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 14:20 - Jul 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Then why did you bring it up?

I didn’t. The OP did and I asked him why he did.

Do keep up Dwight.
Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 17:40 - Jul 18 with 2109 viewslondonlisa2001

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 14:25 - Jul 18 by Highjack

Ladies man is an accurate description of a man who has been romantically linked to several actresses, dancers and supermodels.

He may have calmed down in recent years but so do most of us as we get older.

It was obvious what you meant when you wrote the OP.

If you now want to pretend something different, carry on.
Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 17:42 - Jul 18 with 2102 viewsHighjack

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 17:36 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

I didn’t. The OP did and I asked him why he did.

Do keep up Dwight.

Whatever

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 17:43 - Jul 18 with 2101 viewsJackfath

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 17:40 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

It was obvious what you meant when you wrote the OP.

If you now want to pretend something different, carry on.

I think he was suggesting Cliff has been linked with paedophiles as he used to attend the Elm Guest House.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Congratulations to Sir Cliff (n/t) on 17:46 - Jul 18 with 2094 viewsmoonie

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 17:47 - Jul 18 with 2089 viewslondonlisa2001

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 17:43 - Jul 18 by Jackfath

I think he was suggesting Cliff has been linked with paedophiles as he used to attend the Elm Guest House.

Indeed. Which is why the sarcastic reference to his sexuality was utterly misplaced.

It was drawing a parallel between gay men and paedophiles which is abhorrent.

Obviously it now wasn’t as highjack is reversing but he knows damn well that’s what he was doing.
Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 17:49 - Jul 18 with 2078 viewsmoonie

its the fact he s got a squeeky clean image and has apparently stayed off drugs and became a Christian that kills people. A raging or closet homo...etc etc ,all the snide remarks make me sick
They want to kill him and they havent . Good on him.Now ,resignations on the senior police officers who ve costed the public serious money.

we have a salacious general public
Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 17:49 - Jul 18 with 2077 viewsJackfath

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 17:47 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

Indeed. Which is why the sarcastic reference to his sexuality was utterly misplaced.

It was drawing a parallel between gay men and paedophiles which is abhorrent.

Obviously it now wasn’t as highjack is reversing but he knows damn well that’s what he was doing.

I hope Sir Cliff doesn't log on tonight and read it as he'll freak.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 17:55 - Jul 18 with 2051 viewsmoonie

lisa.
the general public in this country makes me sick.Nothing but nothing floats our boat that seeing a successful millionaire come a cropper.Well,this one hasn't and Im truly happy for him.

he s had this crap for fully 40 yrs.

I truly am not bothered as to what his sexuality is ; I have to be serious here , I just cannot work out just why so many,especially in Wales and other working class areas are so inclined. Is it jealousy. or simply money and privilege.

this country hates success
Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 18:11 - Jul 18 with 2034 viewsperplex

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:00 - Jul 18 by Highjack

Una Stubbs, Sue Barker, Jackie Irving, numerous dancers and models. Do you know something the rest of us don’t?

Rock Hudson, George Michael, Ricky Martin, and many more have used the lasses to hide behind as well but like Cliff in reality preferred a little man love, not that there is anything wrong with it.
Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 18:15 - Jul 18 with 2024 viewsperplex

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:08 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

Whatever.

Have you met him?

My friend Harvey has on three occasions in the mid eighties.
Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 18:17 - Jul 18 with 2020 viewstheloneranger

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 17:43 - Jul 18 by Jackfath

Very good Fath picking up on the pseudonym

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Congratulations to Sir Cliff (n/t) on 18:20 - Jul 18 with 2011 viewsGowerjack

Sir Cliff has constantly spoke out about the rumours of his homosexuality and constantly denied being gay. He has also had a string of very public relationships with a lot of very beautiful women.

And Sue Barker.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 18:25 - Jul 18 with 2005 viewsGowerjack

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 13:21 - Jul 18 by E20Jack

This is what lets you down as a poster. How about just admit you were mistaken? It’s hardly a crime. Distancing yourself from what you initially claimed is just disingenuous.

I will remind you of what you actually said to HighJack:-

“I mean, I understand that you are trying to be clever, or funny, or both, with the snide reference to his homosexuality, but the allegations against him (now thrown out) were concerning children. Him being gay isn’t remotely relevant to that, so why do you think it is?”

Someone asked if he was gay to which I factually said “no”.

You then quoted me and told me that he lives in Barbados with his manager (which turned out not to be true) and I asked if that makes him gay?

I think that is a pretty fair pattern of conversation.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 13:25]

Your lack of self awareness is astonishing.

And as you clearly have some sort of mental disorder no I don't want to debate this with you.

As Lisa says..

FIn.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Congratulations to Sir Cliff (n/t) on 19:20 - Jul 18 with 1960 viewsperplex

Yep so did Rock Hudson, George Michael, Ricky Martin and many other gay gentlemen, Cliff has not come out that's his choice maybe he only likes the ladies after all, but the un naïve and logical thinking people amongst us can at least allow our selves a wry smile.
Congratulations to Sir Cliff (n/t) on 19:38 - Jul 18 with 1937 viewsBadlands

Congratulations to Sir Cliff (n/t) on 19:20 - Jul 18 by perplex

Yep so did Rock Hudson, George Michael, Ricky Martin and many other gay gentlemen, Cliff has not come out that's his choice maybe he only likes the ladies after all, but the un naïve and logical thinking people amongst us can at least allow our selves a wry smile.

As said previously - so what?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 21:43 - Jul 18 with 1847 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

So to summarise, this is a thread about a man receiving a well deserved payout because someone at the BBC decided to inform the world that Cliff may be something he isn't.

In the same thread, someone claims that Cliff is something he has said he isn't, but they said this in some twisted attempt to try and point score and defend homosexuals. It's hilarious. You'd almost think this person was trolling.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 21:52 - Jul 18 with 1832 viewsJackSomething

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 16:58 - Jul 18 by Lohengrin

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 21:55 - Jul 18 with 1821 viewsmoonie

So JS ,how do you feel about this without pasting tut
Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 22:08 - Jul 18 with 1791 viewsE20Jack

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 18:25 - Jul 18 by Gowerjack

Your lack of self awareness is astonishing.

And as you clearly have some sort of mental disorder no I don't want to debate this with you.

As Lisa says..

FIn.

If you don’t want a debate then don’t make such cowardly and nonsensical claims.

Fin

(Unless you feel brave)

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 22:17 - Jul 18 with 1783 viewsE20Jack

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 21:43 - Jul 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So to summarise, this is a thread about a man receiving a well deserved payout because someone at the BBC decided to inform the world that Cliff may be something he isn't.

In the same thread, someone claims that Cliff is something he has said he isn't, but they said this in some twisted attempt to try and point score and defend homosexuals. It's hilarious. You'd almost think this person was trolling.

There’s are many posts on this thread that would absolutely be labelled as trolling if come from other posters. It depends what your username is as to whether you get called it or not. In fact, some have carte blanche to say as many deplorable things as they can, abusing, stifling debate, de-railing, refusing to back opinions dressed as fact... yet if someone else speaks sense, willing to back their point, be polite, non abusive - that’s not kosher*, apparently and can be attacked at will. From a psychology perspective, this board is fascinating, this thread is a microcosm of that.

*(That’s not anti-semitic btw)

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 22:21 - Jul 18 with 1778 viewsmoonie

E20. Obviously were not chums, but some of the stick you re getting is ott.

I cannot understand just how moderators allow it to persist
Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 22:52 - Jul 18 with 1753 viewsE20Jack

Congratulations to Sir Cliff on 22:21 - Jul 18 by moonie

E20. Obviously were not chums, but some of the stick you re getting is ott.

I cannot understand just how moderators allow it to persist

OTT in a general sense yes. However not OTT in these people’s minds which is the fascinating bit. They clearly have a concentrated and sustained feeling of inadequacy when they see someone post well while being completely immune from bullying and people attempting to discredit their every sensible post like a religion.

They have rationalised that in their head to the point they think it’s ok. I was listening to Jordan Peterson the other day (clinical psychologist and professor) and he described a similar rationale and process the Nazi camp guards probably had to do in order to rationalise and justify their actions, otherwise the human mind simply cannot cope.

This is on a completely different scale of course, but the principles of psychology behind the human mind and rationalising their own deplorable behaviour are the same.

*No I am not comparing Planetswans to a Nazi camp. (The fact I have to put a caveat into every post to avoid them being intentionally taken out of context as the already mentioned ammunition for this rationale of thinking is a stark case in point).
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 23:04]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024