Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newport Friendly 15:12 - Jul 18 with 9595 viewsjasper_T

Behind closed doors, spies not welcome.

Erwin Mulder, Connor Roberts, Mike van der Hoorn, Fede Fernandez, Matt Grimes, Jordi Amat, Tom Carroll, Luciano Narsingh, Wayne Routledge, Daniel James, Andre Ayew.
Newport Friendly on 18:26 - Jul 18 with 2437 viewsDr_Winston

Newport Friendly on 18:18 - Jul 18 by hobo

Is 16 Asoro? Looks lightning quick

Was thinking that. One guy had a five yard head start and he still blitzed past him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Newport Friendly on 18:26 - Jul 18 with 2435 viewsFlashberryjack

Newport Friendly on 16:34 - Jul 18 by Al_Bundy

Routledge a left wing back should also be very concerning.

Routledge anywhere on the pitch is very concerning.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Newport Friendly on 18:28 - Jul 18 with 2424 viewsCountyJim

Newport Friendly on 18:20 - Jul 18 by 34dfgdf54

Asoro ripped apart the right back second half, and Dhanda looks sharp.

Just wondering why we are risking Andre Ayew? If reports are to be believed he is definitely off and is needed off the books, why are we risking injury in friendlies which could scupper any deal?

Our right back is 34 mind David Pipe
Newport Friendly on 18:28 - Jul 18 with 2422 viewsomarjack

Dhanda and Asoro are both impressive. Against terrible opposition in a non competitive match though.

Looks like we played well. But there has been some really terrible finishing.

We have pace down the wings..And for the Championship that's very important. Narsingh, Asoro and Montero can do things from the flanks. Dhanda is double the player Sam Clucas is. Which is insane considering the amount of money we spent on the latter.

We need a better playmaker, A striker who can finish (McBurnie is good and all but we still need extra)..We need to sort out the defence situation and a good box to box midfielder..maybe a new RB and we're good to go..maybe a loan deal for a young striker/winger who can multi task wouldn't hurt as well.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Newport Friendly on 18:42 - Jul 18 with 2334 viewsjack247

Newport Friendly on 18:28 - Jul 18 by omarjack

Dhanda and Asoro are both impressive. Against terrible opposition in a non competitive match though.

We have pace down the wings..And for the Championship that's very important. Narsingh, Asoro and Montero can do things from the flanks. Dhanda is double the player Sam Clucas is. Which is insane considering the amount of money we spent on the latter.

We need a better playmaker, A striker who can finish (McBurnie is good and all but we still need extra)..We need to sort out the defence situation and a good box to box midfielder..maybe a new RB and we're good to go..maybe a loan deal for a young striker/winger who can multi task wouldn't hurt as well.

We need a talisman. Carroll, Fer, Clucas (if he stays), Fulton are all decent enough midfielders, but none of them are the type of player to demand the ball and inspire others when the chips are down. They are all more than capable of playing the supporting role well, but we need a leader in midfield.
Newport Friendly on 18:43 - Jul 18 with 2330 viewsthornabyswan

Newport Friendly on 16:50 - Jul 18 by Mo_Wives

It counts as an up vote off him.

Just had a quick look through the threads he has more arrows than Custers last stand

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Newport Friendly on 18:50 - Jul 18 with 2291 viewsTheKirkyLife

Worth saying nowhere have I seen Andre Ayew getting bought. Maybe he's in a similar situation to Bony in that we'd rather him off our books for wages but he'd be happy to stay otherwise?

Playing Devil's Advocate.

Agree with most analysis though, we absolutely dominated them but failed to put the game to bed properly. Mind you McBurnie didn't play so perhaps he would have been the difference maker.

Enjoyed watching Asoro destroy that RB.
Newport Friendly on 18:51 - Jul 18 with 2282 views34dfgdf54

Newport Friendly on 18:28 - Jul 18 by CountyJim

My post should have read left back.

Asoro was on right wing.
Login to get fewer ads

Newport Friendly on 18:52 - Jul 18 with 2260 viewsJackfath

Newport Friendly on 18:28 - Jul 18 by CountyJim

I know his brother Dwayne.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Newport Friendly on 18:56 - Jul 18 with 2227 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What struck me most about that Video was that those players looked like a "Team".
Their passing was fluid and fast, you would think that they had been playing together quite a while.
I am hopeful.
Newport Friendly on 18:57 - Jul 18 with 2228 viewsmonmouth

Newport Friendly on 18:52 - Jul 18 by Jackfath

That took me a while...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Newport Friendly on 18:59 - Jul 18 with 2207 viewsAl_Bundy

Newport Friendly on 18:50 - Jul 18 by TheKirkyLife

Worth saying nowhere have I seen Andre Ayew getting bought. Maybe he's in a similar situation to Bony in that we'd rather him off our books for wages but he'd be happy to stay otherwise?

Playing Devil's Advocate.

Agree with most analysis though, we absolutely dominated them but failed to put the game to bed properly. Mind you McBurnie didn't play so perhaps he would have been the difference maker.

Enjoyed watching Asoro destroy that RB.

LB
Newport Friendly on 19:04 - Jul 18 with 2167 viewsjack247

Newport Friendly on 18:56 - Jul 18 by A_Fans_Dad

What struck me most about that Video was that those players looked like a "Team".
Their passing was fluid and fast, you would think that they had been playing together quite a while.
I am hopeful.

It certainly looked that way. Even in a pre season friendly against lower division opposition, that’s quite encouraging. Especially as the wholesale changes didn’t appear to disrupt it. Looks like we will at least try to play attractive football for the first time in a while.
Newport Friendly on 19:42 - Jul 18 with 2043 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Newport Friendly on 18:42 - Jul 18 by jack247

We need a talisman. Carroll, Fer, Clucas (if he stays), Fulton are all decent enough midfielders, but none of them are the type of player to demand the ball and inspire others when the chips are down. They are all more than capable of playing the supporting role well, but we need a leader in midfield.

A good striker is a must plus a playmaking midfield player. Ayew looked good though he probably won't be staying and Bony could be a beast in the division should he regain fitness. His brute strength will be a massive asset. Watching the highlights it seems that Potter is certainly in our favoured mould of manager and with the likes of Asoro and Dhanda as well as the young left back Morea we have , with a couple of experienced additions up front and midfield a good chance of top 6 this season.
Fer will be a huge asset when he returns and maybe Tom Carroll will find good form too. Not pessimistic at all.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Newport Friendly on 19:45 - Jul 18 with 2030 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Newport Friendly on 18:42 - Jul 18 by jack247

I forgot to mention that Fer on his day would be one of the top 5 midfielders in this division easily. If he can stay injury free and in good form we should do fine.

Newport Friendly on 19:46 - Jul 18 with 2024 viewshobo

Newport Friendly on 18:20 - Jul 18 by 34dfgdf54

Asoro ripped apart the right back second half, and Dhanda looks sharp.

Just wondering why we are risking Andre Ayew? If reports are to be believed he is definitely off and is needed off the books, why are we risking injury in friendlies which could scupper any deal?

Don't believe the reports
Newport Friendly on 19:48 - Jul 18 with 2013 views34dfgdf54

Newport Friendly on 19:46 - Jul 18 by hobo

Don't believe the reports

You think there’s genuinely a chance of him staying?
Newport Friendly on 19:49 - Jul 18 with 2005 viewsjack_lord

Newport Friendly on 18:28 - Jul 18 by omarjack

We have got a striker who can finish. If we don't get him off the books, he can and will score with the plays that we are going to use.

Financially, we need him off the books by next year if we don't get promoted.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Newport Friendly on 20:19 - Jul 18 with 1895 viewsjack247

Newport Friendly on 19:45 - Jul 18 by Brynmill_Jack

I forgot to mention that Fer on his day would be one of the top 5 midfielders in this division easily. If he can stay injury free and in good form we should do fine.

I agree about Fer. I’ve just got this nagging doubt his head will go down when things aren’t going our way. He’s certainly got the talent and the physicality to shine in the Championship. Has the knack of poaching the odd goal too.

Still think we need a Leon or Bodde in there. Not necessarily positionally or the way they play, just someone who will take the game by the scruff of the neck when it needs it.
Newport Friendly on 20:22 - Jul 18 with 1880 viewsDr_Winston

Newport Friendly on 20:19 - Jul 18 by jack247

I agree about Fer. I’ve just got this nagging doubt his head will go down when things aren’t going our way. He’s certainly got the talent and the physicality to shine in the Championship. Has the knack of poaching the odd goal too.

Still think we need a Leon or Bodde in there. Not necessarily positionally or the way they play, just someone who will take the game by the scruff of the neck when it needs it.

Agree.

Fer's not a central midfield, game dictating type. He needs to be further forward than that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Newport Friendly on 20:41 - Jul 18 with 1796 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Newport Friendly on 20:22 - Jul 18 by Dr_Winston

Agree.

Fer's not a central midfield, game dictating type. He needs to be further forward than that.

Oh yes, more of a box to box or AM . We definitely need a good tidy passer with vision . Could be our most important buy if we get the right man in. It's no good having all that pace ahead if your quarterback can't hit them. Montero, Narsingh and Asoro all like to have the ball to run on to. It's worth spending big for the right player.

Newport Friendly on 20:53 - Jul 18 with 1717 viewsbuilthjack

Newport Friendly on 18:52 - Jul 18 by Jackfath

His other brother is a Policeman. They call him Copper Pipe

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Newport Friendly on 21:51 - Jul 18 with 1557 viewsstAteSwan

As bad as our finishing looked, the passing was slick, and from the early reports, they seem to be playing together as a team. Considering it's not like we stacked today's squad with a bunch of guys we know are off, I am cautiously optimistic.

Doesn't exactly scream Promotion capable side, but they don't look like a side likely to get relegated either.
Newport Friendly on 22:41 - Jul 18 with 1433 viewsSwansea93

Newport Friendly on 19:48 - Jul 18 by 34dfgdf54

You think there’s genuinely a chance of him staying?

IMO him and Bony should stay until January at the very least and perform well and maybe just MAYBE they'll get better offers from teams not in the Turkish league.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Newport Friendly on 23:14 - Jul 18 with 1352 views34dfgdf54

Newport Friendly on 22:41 - Jul 18 by Swansea93

IMO him and Bony should stay until January at the very least and perform well and maybe just MAYBE they'll get better offers from teams not in the Turkish league.

I couldn’t care less if they get better offers or not really, all I care about is if we can afford to keep them now we are in the Championship. I’m guessing we can’t, and them not being able to find clubs could well implicate us in terms of getting players in who want to be here. We know for a fact Andre doesn’t from direct quotes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024