Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pride of Wales 17:32 - Jul 18 with 19005 viewsmoonie

Tonight is Geraint Thomas. What a rider,what a stage win.

ignored by planet swans readers ...ffs

a winner

where s trampie and killy
Pride of Wales on 22:39 - Jul 18 with 1915 viewslonglostjack

Pride of Wales on 22:29 - Jul 18 by moonie

We be been visiting The Hague for four years .
It's light years ahead

Electric sockets for cars

Kids cycling ,parents cycling , everyone does. It's why they are not an obese nation ,as we are

I’m surprised the Dutch don’t want to leave that bloody tyrannical EU. They could have been even more light years ahead if they had.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Pride of Wales on 15:54 - Jul 19 with 1795 viewsPegojack

Pride of Wales on 22:39 - Jul 18 by longlostjack

I’m surprised the Dutch don’t want to leave that bloody tyrannical EU. They could have been even more light years ahead if they had.

Talking off the Dutch, there's one leading today's stage but Geraint is reeling him in.

GO GERAINT GO!
Pride of Wales on 16:19 - Jul 19 with 1777 viewsmoonie

Wonderful to see so many Welsh flags up Duez .running alongside G.

This is epic .

Just as well wozza not up there ....he d tw@t them off
Pride of Wales on 16:29 - Jul 19 with 1771 viewspeenemunde

Pride of Wales on 18:20 - Jul 18 by dickythorpe

It's a sport that's been spoilt by beer bellied idiots in lycra on our roads thinking they are up to Geriant's fitness.

Also whilst he is Welsh does he really connect with the Welsh public? Does the sport?

Maybe the idiots are the ones who criticise those who maybe trying to do something about their beer bellies.
Pride of Wales on 16:30 - Jul 19 with 1770 viewspeenemunde

Well done to Thomas......brilliant to see.
Pride of Wales on 16:44 - Jul 19 with 1747 viewsPegojack

Pride of Wales on 16:30 - Jul 19 by peenemunde

Feck me, for once I agree with you!

Fabulous, Geraint!
Pride of Wales on 16:47 - Jul 19 with 1738 viewsmoonie

Now, he sprints away to win the most prestigious stage .
Bit worried about Froome though.

If he was doping then he s not taken enough as he didn't have the strength .

G did ,so is G a doper, a cheat ?

Nah
Pride of Wales on 16:54 - Jul 19 with 1731 viewsmajorraglan

Pride of Wales on 16:30 - Jul 19 by peenemunde

Login to get fewer ads

Pride of Wales on 16:58 - Jul 19 with 1708 viewsCooperman

Absolutely magnificent.

To put this into perspective, the final climb of Velothon Wales is 1.5km up Caerphilly mountain. Two weeks ago I trundled up at an average speed of 5 mph. I’m no mean cyclist but can get through 120 miles and 5000 ft of climb on a good day.

Todays Tour riders had already done 150km when they hit the foot of l’Alpes d’Huez which has an average gradient of 11% over its 13km. They traversed it at an average of 10mph and could ride it quicker than the idiotic fans running beside them.

The Welsh fans were doing Geraint proud at turn 14 ‘Cymru Corner’.

Team Sky were superbly marshalled by Egan Bernal and he looked after Geraint and Froome for two thirds of the final climb.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 17:02]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Pride of Wales on 17:02 - Jul 19 with 1697 viewsBrynCartwright

Winning a prestige stage like Alpe d'Huez must be the pinnacle of his career. Brilliant ride Geraint and a credit to Wales. Geraint will have his name permanently on one of the hairpin posts. Brilliant ride.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Pride of Wales on 17:13 - Jul 19 with 1665 viewsProfessor

In Philippines so only following the timings. Incredible ride on one of the queen stages. The Alpe May be the biggest of all. Well done that man. A podium finish is there for him, though I think nFroome and Dumoulin may get him in the Pyrenees
Pride of Wales on 17:15 - Jul 19 with 1659 viewsCooperman

Pride of Wales on 17:13 - Jul 19 by Professor

In Philippines so only following the timings. Incredible ride on one of the queen stages. The Alpe May be the biggest of all. Well done that man. A podium finish is there for him, though I think nFroome and Dumoulin may get him in the Pyrenees

I do fear the challenge of Froome but he had nothing today; he tried a breakaway with a few km to go but quickly run out of legs.

Pride of Wales on 17:17 - Jul 19 with 1657 viewsBrynCartwright

Pride of Wales on 17:15 - Jul 19 by Cooperman

I do fear the challenge of Froome but he had nothing today; he tried a breakaway with a few km to go but quickly run out of legs.

...and to be fair Geraint set him up for that breakaway.

The first British rider to win 'Huez. I cannot get over it.

Pride of Wales on 17:17 - Jul 19 with 1657 viewsBLAZE

What would he have to do to budge Froome as Plan A then?

Ive never liked the look of Froome, he’s got a sneaky Gollum look about him. Look forward to the day he’s outed
Pride of Wales on 17:19 - Jul 19 with 1654 viewsJackfath

Pride of Wales on 17:17 - Jul 19 by BLAZE

Ive never liked the look of Froome, he’s got a sneaky Gollum look about him. Look forward to the day he’s outed

I didn't know he was gay?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Pride of Wales on 17:24 - Jul 19 with 1632 viewsCooperman

He may well have the capability to out ride him. If these stage results continue as they are there is no way whatsoever that Team Sky will call team orders in favour of Froome. The Pyrenees will be crucial.

Pride of Wales on 17:30 - Jul 19 with 1613 viewsBrynCartwright

I always though Froome resembled Voldermort more. Still a great rider though.

Pride of Wales on 18:22 - Jul 19 with 1543 viewsmoonie

Froome is one who doesn't shout the odds, decries opponents nor rubbishes anyone. A man of stature in sport.

This is what kills people.

A great rider who will equal the Big Five
Pride of Wales on 18:53 - Jul 19 with 1526 viewsbiggar

Brilliant result. Have cycled up alpe d’huez before and the speed the pros go up there is mind blowing.
Hard to completely trust pro cyclists but good luck to thomas for the next few days.
Pride of Wales on 18:55 - Jul 19 with 1524 viewsBadlands

When did he join us?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Pride of Wales on 19:30 - Jul 19 with 1489 viewsCooperman

Pride of Wales on 18:53 - Jul 19 by biggar

Brilliant result. Have cycled up alpe d’huez before and the speed the pros go up there is mind blowing.
Hard to completely trust pro cyclists but good luck to thomas for the next few days.

Is it rideable for the average cyclist? Gradient itself looks feasible but not sure about 13km of it (for me at least).
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 19:30]

Pride of Wales on 20:20 - Jul 19 with 1453 viewsdickythorpe

Pride of Wales on 16:29 - Jul 19 by peenemunde

Maybe the idiots are the ones who criticise those who maybe trying to do something about their beer bellies.

Oh dear, didn't mean to upset you.

Are you ok?
Pride of Wales on 20:38 - Jul 19 with 1428 viewsbiggar

Pride of Wales on 19:30 - Jul 19 by Cooperman

Is it rideable for the average cyclist? Gradient itself looks feasible but not sure about 13km of it (for me at least).

I think it’s doable for most cyclists but it definitely helps if you turn up in decent shape. The run to the first couple of hairpins are about 11-12%. After that it eases a little but still probably around 9%. The hairpins themselves are actually reasonably flat.
With decent gearing it’s definitely doable. Best describe it as a long fairly strong effort. Made harder by the sun which is all over you in the afternoon.

Recommend it but other fantastic climbs in the area. galibier, glandon etc. It’s all pretty close.
Pride of Wales on 20:40 - Jul 19 with 1425 viewsPacemaker

Pride of Wales on 19:30 - Jul 19 by Cooperman

Not done Alpe Huez but a few mates have done it and it's just like a very long Bwlch/ Rhigos with a bit of Devils elbow thrown in now and then, you could do it at a steady temp just don't try and grind it out. Stick the biggest granny gear on the back you can because you will need it.

Did Ventoux a few years back it is horrendous but the key is to get about 20 miles in before you hit the bottom. Everybody was passing me but I got up there and it was freezing at the top so couldn't get back down fast enough. But it's a long descent and surprisingly tiring travelling so fast so you see loads of crashes.

Do the Tour of Pembrokeshire one year it's a brilliant tide and has a couple of good drags. We are doing the Wye Warrior in Aug which is pretty tough but a nicer ride than the Velothon.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Pride of Wales on 20:46 - Jul 19 with 1409 viewsDarran

Pride of Wales on 18:22 - Jul 19 by moonie

Froome is one who doesn't shout the odds, decries opponents nor rubbishes anyone. A man of stature in sport.

This is what kills people.

A great rider who will equal the Big Five

I wish someone would get rid of this incoherent cùnt off this Forum.

The fuçking idiot told everyone on here that they were wrong when they were saying Lance Armstrong had to be doping,he was telling everyone then what a wonderful clean athlete he was.

Yeah fair play to Froome mind he does keep quiet it’s difficult to talk when you’re on a nebuliser.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024