Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another summer... 18:21 - Jul 18 with 4824 viewsmagicdaps10

.....and the picture is becoming even more clearer, the intentions and limitations at the helm.

I am really fearing for the future.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Another summer... on 18:26 - Jul 18 with 3107 viewstrinityann

Stop with doom and gloom, we need a good clear out because the current crop of players are not capable of playing a possession based game.
Another summer... on 18:27 - Jul 18 with 3100 viewsDr_Winston

Another summer... on 18:26 - Jul 18 by trinityann

Stop with doom and gloom, we need a good clear out because the current crop of players are not capable of playing a possession based game.

They're all capable of playing a possession based game. We're having a clearout to get the wage bill down. Nothing more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Another summer... on 18:35 - Jul 18 with 3047 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

We are not making the same mistakes as previous seasons because we are not doing very much at all, apart from saving 'investors' their money.

Great job Huw.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Another summer... on 18:47 - Jul 18 with 2968 viewsthornabyswan

Another summer... on 18:35 - Jul 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

We are not making the same mistakes as previous seasons because we are not doing very much at all, apart from saving 'investors' their money.

Great job Huw.

Not so much saving the investors there money.
But saving the club from disappearing into oblivion.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Another summer... on 18:48 - Jul 18 with 2959 viewsjack2jack

It certainly looks a bit grimish ATM, but let's wait and see how things go, before we throw our hands in the air with dismay.
Tbh, I'm slightly disappointed with the transfer activity in and out, not withstanding all the usual paper bollox, and players seemingly wanting to jump ship.
Don't think we need to push the panic button just yet, not saying it's right, we know how it goes with regards to last minute deals, which is obviously frustrating.Seems like lessons haven't been learned.
I'm trying to be as positive as I can,am I delighted,no.Am I worried, slightly.
Let's hope were all set for the start of the season.
Another summer... on 18:50 - Jul 18 with 2947 viewsAl_Bundy

daps is fearing there will be no transfers to banter about.
Another summer... on 18:50 - Jul 18 with 2938 viewsraynor94

I'd be far more worried about our future if we weren't getting the high earners off our wage bill

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Another summer... on 18:54 - Jul 18 with 2922 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Another summer... on 18:47 - Jul 18 by thornabyswan

Not so much saving the investors there money.
But saving the club from disappearing into oblivion.

......because the club was sold to people who only wanted a return on their purchase as for disappearing into oblivion that's still possible if the yanks decide they want their money back, as hedge fund managers they may well want just that.

Login to get fewer ads

Another summer... on 18:54 - Jul 18 with 2919 viewsmagicdaps10

The usual suspects will come on here knocking my view, the same suspects who have said the same thing over tje last 3 seasons, these people have no substance or vision.

To those who have the vision and honesty, it is all very sad and worrying.
Heard a few more things recently and it appears that we are in for some hard years.

Another summer... on 18:55 - Jul 18 with 2913 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Another summer... on 18:54 - Jul 18 by magicdaps10

The usual suspects will come on here knocking my view, the same suspects who have said the same thing over tje last 3 seasons, these people have no substance or vision.

Heard a few more things recently and it appears that we are in for some hard years.

add memory to substance and vision please.

Another summer... on 18:56 - Jul 18 with 2896 views34dfgdf54

What’ve you heard?
Another summer... on 18:58 - Jul 18 with 2886 viewsraynor94

Well, put it up here then

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Another summer... on 19:03 - Jul 18 with 2861 viewspencoedjack

Another summer... on 18:54 - Jul 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

......because the club was sold to people who only wanted a return on their purchase as for disappearing into oblivion that's still possible if the yanks decide they want their money back, as hedge fund managers they may well want just that.

Is the correct answer

US hedge fund get their money back it’s the world we live in
Another summer... on 19:04 - Jul 18 with 2852 viewsmagicdaps10

Another summer... on 18:58 - Jul 18 by raynor94

Well, put it up here then

And what will that achieve for me? The usual clowns in Res,E20, Captain Sham spouting their usual rubbish.

Sorry but I dont intend to do that, the good guys on here, the ones who are not ignorant or blind to the lies and deceit will be aware.

It seems the trouble is now focused on causing issues with the trust. Been told there is now a bad smell amongst us on here stirring the shite.

Another summer... on 19:05 - Jul 18 with 2838 viewsJackfath

Another summer... on 19:04 - Jul 18 by magicdaps10

And what will that achieve for me? The usual clowns in Res,E20, Captain Sham spouting their usual rubbish.

Sorry but I dont intend to do that, the good guys on here, the ones who are not ignorant or blind to the lies and deceit will be aware.

It seems the trouble is now focused on causing issues with the trust. Been told there is now a bad smell amongst us on here stirring the shite.

PM me the latest news my friend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Another summer... on 19:09 - Jul 18 with 2801 viewsmagicdaps10

Another summer... on 19:03 - Jul 18 by pencoedjack

Is the correct answer

US hedge fund get their money back it’s the world we live in

And yet we have people questioning the obvious on here, ones who react when the nail gets hit on the head.

We should all be pulling in the same direction here, that direction should be towards the board.
Support the team is the distraction plan, all very sinister.

Another summer... on 19:12 - Jul 18 with 2777 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Another summer... on 19:09 - Jul 18 by magicdaps10

And yet we have people questioning the obvious on here, ones who react when the nail gets hit on the head.

We should all be pulling in the same direction here, that direction should be towards the board.

You have to wonder what's in it for some of them. More Judases.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Another summer... on 19:18 - Jul 18 with 2742 viewsSwanjaxs

As the season is drawing closers I'm actually caring less, the writing is on the wall so to speak

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Another summer... on 19:33 - Jul 18 with 2678 viewspencoedjack

Another summer... on 19:09 - Jul 18 by magicdaps10

& you really care what they think?

I think there are enough posters on here to ignore the drivel some type
Another summer... on 19:53 - Jul 18 with 2612 viewsJack11

The first season down is a free hit financially. With reduced contracts due to relegation and the parachute money you can throw everything at it. Then if you don’t bounce back up, you cut your cloth more in that second season. That seems to be the Stoke approach and I bet my house they’ll do it. It’s about sending out a message and creating a mentality as much as anything. Their players have gone back into preseason and the atmosphere will be all about bouncing back up. Our environment is much more tentative and who’s being sold, who’s not up for it etc. All down to poor leadership and vision from the powers that be.
Another summer... on 20:14 - Jul 18 with 2533 viewsjasper_T

Another summer... on 19:53 - Jul 18 by Jack11

The first season down is a free hit financially. With reduced contracts due to relegation and the parachute money you can throw everything at it. Then if you don’t bounce back up, you cut your cloth more in that second season. That seems to be the Stoke approach and I bet my house they’ll do it. It’s about sending out a message and creating a mentality as much as anything. Their players have gone back into preseason and the atmosphere will be all about bouncing back up. Our environment is much more tentative and who’s being sold, who’s not up for it etc. All down to poor leadership and vision from the powers that be.

Newcastle sold £90m of players and still made a £90m financial loss on their "free hit" season. They'd have been fcked if they'd failed.

Rich owners like Peter Coates can throw a lot of their own cash at it and hope they get it right, but we're not in that situation.
Another summer... on 20:20 - Jul 18 with 2506 viewsJack11

Another summer... on 20:14 - Jul 18 by jasper_T

Newcastle sold £90m of players and still made a £90m financial loss on their "free hit" season. They'd have been fcked if they'd failed.

Rich owners like Peter Coates can throw a lot of their own cash at it and hope they get it right, but we're not in that situation.

Crucially Newcastle made it though, you’ve validated the point I’m making. Our squad with zero outgoings (which we can afford) would come back up at the first time of asking. We have a squad that should have finished at least 17th last season. You can keep them all together if the message delivered from above is right.
Another summer... on 20:26 - Jul 18 with 2474 viewsDr_Winston

Another summer... on 20:20 - Jul 18 by Jack11

Crucially Newcastle made it though, you’ve validated the point I’m making. Our squad with zero outgoings (which we can afford) would come back up at the first time of asking. We have a squad that should have finished at least 17th last season. You can keep them all together if the message delivered from above is right.

Newcastle have 50,000 people through the gates every game and a billionaire owner who could afford to take the gamble. We don't.

Our wages/turnover ratio was too high for the Premier League. It's potentially catastrophic outside it. The club are absolutely right to try and significantly reduce that by moving on the players we can whilst there are people interested.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Another summer... on 20:26 - Jul 18 with 2474 viewsjasper_T

Another summer... on 20:20 - Jul 18 by Jack11

We can't afford our current squad. Our wage bill last season was almost £100m. With parachute payments our turnover this season will be half that.

Without a Mike Ashley willing to saddle the club with massive debt, and put in £15m of his own cash to cover day to day expenses, it's unreasonable to expect us to gamble on first time promotion, and risk bankrupting the football club if it fails.
Another summer... on 20:32 - Jul 18 with 2448 viewsJack11

I take your points and respect your views. You are overlooking two important aspects though. Our players have contracts with relegation clauses so our wage bill will be naturally lower and much more in accordance with our reduced incomes due to relegation. You have both mentioned rich owners. Completely irrelevant because due to FFP there is only so much the Ashley’s and Coates’ of this world can do anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024