Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another summer... 18:21 - Jul 18 with 4922 viewsmagicdaps10

.....and the picture is becoming even more clearer, the intentions and limitations at the helm.

I am really fearing for the future.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Another summer... on 20:37 - Jul 18 with 1710 viewsDr_Winston

Another summer... on 20:32 - Jul 18 by Jack11

I take your points and respect your views. You are overlooking two important aspects though. Our players have contracts with relegation clauses so our wage bill will be naturally lower and much more in accordance with our reduced incomes due to relegation. You have both mentioned rich owners. Completely irrelevant because due to FFP there is only so much the Ashley’s and Coates’ of this world can do anyway.

We don't know what clauses our players have, if any of them have any at all. Only those directly involved do. Likewise we don't know how much each individual player earns. It's all guesswork.

We do know how much the total wage bill is and how much our income is likely to drop. That's all that matters.

And there are plenty of ways around FFP.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Another summer... on 20:57 - Jul 18 with 1635 viewsJacket

My biggest concern is with the slow pace of things. Players need to be moved on because they cost too much but we need to make a large number of signings and time is running out. We need a larger squad than last season to face the rigorous of the Championship season. A huge amount of work needs to be done, and again we're going into pre-season with a large number of players who are unlikely of being here past the transfer window. Potter is trying to get people accustomed to his philosophy, yet many of those players won't be here to put that philosophy into action, while he'll have to start again with any new signings we presume are going to be made. What a mess!
Another summer... on 21:01 - Jul 18 with 1623 viewsDrGonzo

I think we've got every right to be a little concerned. Our shambolic approach to transfers since Laudrup was here has ultimately ending in us getting relegated. Now we find ourselves in the championship, selling our best players and keeping the dross that led us here.

We've bought but hardly anything inspiring coming in.

Repeating the same mistakes and expecting the different results....
Another summer... on 21:02 - Jul 18 with 1620 viewsJack11

Another summer... on 20:37 - Jul 18 by Dr_Winston

We don't know what clauses our players have, if any of them have any at all. Only those directly involved do. Likewise we don't know how much each individual player earns. It's all guesswork.

We do know how much the total wage bill is and how much our income is likely to drop. That's all that matters.

And there are plenty of ways around FFP.

It boils down to approaches. If the owners said “our plan is to keep the majority of the players together and make bouncing straight back up the aim because the reward of promotion would cover all losses gained in one season of being in the Championship. Our concern is if we don’t take the gamble we will spend the parachute money gradually in x amount of seasons in the Championship and risk becoming an also ran in the division, thereby minimising our chances of a return to the Premier League” I think most fans would say, I’m behind that strategy, makes sense, let s do it.
Another summer... on 21:09 - Jul 18 with 1594 viewsGaryjack

Another summer... on 18:50 - Jul 18 by raynor94

I'd be far more worried about our future if we weren't getting the high earners off our wage bill

We aren't though are we!
Another summer... on 21:13 - Jul 18 with 1573 viewsDr_Winston

Another summer... on 21:02 - Jul 18 by Jack11

It boils down to approaches. If the owners said “our plan is to keep the majority of the players together and make bouncing straight back up the aim because the reward of promotion would cover all losses gained in one season of being in the Championship. Our concern is if we don’t take the gamble we will spend the parachute money gradually in x amount of seasons in the Championship and risk becoming an also ran in the division, thereby minimising our chances of a return to the Premier League” I think most fans would say, I’m behind that strategy, makes sense, let s do it.

I don't doubt most fans would say that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Another summer... on 21:15 - Jul 18 with 1563 viewsTheResurrection

The reasoning of a demented Magic flaps on acid.

The first steps of recovery have been put in place, and that's the manager. He's the one that creates the right environment for promotion. Not your simple claptrap.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Another summer... on 21:20 - Jul 18 with 1540 viewsGowerjack

Another summer... on 21:15 - Jul 18 by TheResurrection

The first steps of recovery have been put in place, and that's the manager. He's the one that creates the right environment for promotion. Not your simple claptrap.

Astonishingly naive.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

Another summer... on 21:20 - Jul 18 with 1541 viewsGaryjack

Great post. There's just one little flaw in it that i've picked up on, and that is if we keep the current squad together, we wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting promotion, and subsequently would end up financially doomed.
Another summer... on 21:25 - Jul 18 with 1521 viewsLeonWasGod

Another summer... on 18:50 - Jul 18 by raynor94

I'd be far more worried about our future if we weren't getting the high earners off our wage bill

You should be worried then as we don’t appear to be getting the big earners off the wage bill yet. Only Fab so far isn’t it? Ki leaving doesn’t count as we didn’t have to do anything to make that happen; little chance for us to screw that up through incompetence or apathy. We still need to ship out 3 or 4 sharpish or our wage:turnover ratio will be obscene.

‘Interesting’ times ahead...
Another summer... on 21:30 - Jul 18 with 1502 viewsJack11

Another summer... on 21:15 - Jul 18 by TheResurrection

You poor deluded fool. I’d pity you if you weren’t such a charmless halfwit who has to rely on insults to hide your inability to have a reasoned debate. The manager is playing with the cards he is being dealt from above.
Another summer... on 11:45 - Jul 19 with 1344 viewsbyron

Another summer... on 21:20 - Jul 18 by Gowerjack

Astonishingly naive.

Still on the take🤪

Benny

Another summer... on 12:46 - Jul 19 with 1261 viewsCaptain_Sham

Another summer... on 21:30 - Jul 18 by Jack11

You poor deluded fool. I’d pity you if you weren’t such a charmless halfwit who has to rely on insults to hide your inability to have a reasoned debate. The manager is playing with the cards he is being dealt from above.

So you insult someone repeatedly whilst berating him for insulting others. By your own logic that means you too are unable to have a reasoned debate.

Its just a ride.

Another summer... on 14:10 - Jul 19 with 1169 viewsmagicdaps10

Another summer... on 12:46 - Jul 19 by Captain_Sham

So you insult someone repeatedly whilst berating him for insulting others. By your own logic that means you too are unable to have a reasoned debate.

That from Captain Tw@t.

The Res has no foundation to his views, he has proven this time and time again so excuse me if I dont respond to his stupidity.

Tick tock.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Another summer... on 12:44 - Jul 21 with 972 viewsbringbacklaudrup

There are of course many difficulties in signing the players that would improve Swansea. The club's situation is not much different than it was during the last transfer window, when it was reported that most of the targets simply weren't interested in coming to a team with such a small chance of surviving the relegation battle. And as you know, many players and clubs will simply wait until August 9 or August 30 to make a decision, especially those players that have several options on the table - and talented players usually have several options to choose from. As for Mawson and Fernandez, I am sure they are probably going to wait until the transfer deadlines approach before making their decision, as so much movement is yet to happen for all clubs.

I am pleased with the players that have come in, and I don't think it is a given that the Ayews are definitely going to move. Andre will have to make sure that he has a steady run of games to fully regain his form after the long injury layoff, so this is likelier to happen at Swansea or another championship club than anywhere else. Besides, I don't think the Swansea hierarchy will allow him to be sold for the amount that he is probably being valued at less than one season after spending such a large sum. His value would have to be raised through excellent performances first, and I think Andre would have been aware of this when he signed the contract in the first place.

Poll: Would you rather have Woods or Chirivella?

Another summer... on 13:15 - Jul 21 with 937 viewsshandyjack

I take your points and respect your views. You are overlooking two important aspects though. Our players have contracts with relegation clauses so our wage bill will be naturally lower and much more in accordance with our reduced incomes due to relegation. You have both mentioned rich owners. Completely irrelevant because due to FFP there is only so much the Ashley’s and Coates’ of this world can do anyway.

two points

1. our high earners don't have relegation clauses, thats Bony and Ayew taking out £180K a week
2. FFP means nothing in the championship if you bounce straight back up, Bournemouth destroyed the FFP rules and ended up witha poxy £4.6m fine a few season later

Poll: Expectation for the season

Another summer... on 13:20 - Jul 21 with 931 viewsLoyal

Another summer... on 18:26 - Jul 18 by trinityann

Stop with doom and gloom, we need a good clear out because the current crop of players are not capable of playing a possession based game.

Nonsense.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Another summer... on 13:25 - Jul 21 with 917 viewsLoyal

You would hope they have relegation clauses.
FFP ? Man City ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:21 - Jul 21 with 849 viewsmajorraglan

Another summer... on 13:15 - Jul 21 by shandyjack

two points

1. our high earners don't have relegation clauses, thats Bony and Ayew taking out £180K a week
2. FFP means nothing in the championship if you bounce straight back up, Bournemouth destroyed the FFP rules and ended up witha poxy £4.6m fine a few season later

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024